Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kiss mafia

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
I'm looking for a minimum of 13 but I've made several versions of this setup and I'd like to do something larger. So if you are interested in playing something slightly different than most of the games ran here I'd encourage you to sign up.

to join the game, make a post in this thread and join this server.

Phases will be 72/24.
You MUST post at least once (with game-advancing content, this is subjective) every 33 hours. Failure to post will result in a prod. Once you have been prodded 3 times you will receive some type of punishment whether that will be a replacement, a modkill or something else. I rather not have to worry too much about this so just please be active. please.
No editing or deleting your posts.
do not discuss this game outside of the game thread.

1. Nightingale
2. Claws
3. CWE
4. Satsu
5. psycho
6. mtr
7. dreyski
8. val
9. void
10. 3pups
11. Diva
12. LDG
13. Mazer
14. Blind Ninja
15. Forgotten

Last edited:

Claws

Mastermind
I suppose ill in
cat kissing GIF

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Sure i will play. If you get to many signups i can give a spot to someone and be a sub instead

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I'm going to need to sit this one out due to work stuff. Tagging @DivaSmurf, though, because he was looking to get some practice in before some of the poster tribute games come around. @Vesper may be interested as well - the longer day phase may work well with her school/work schedule.

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
Does anyone know who Marack is and are they playing? If they are it's our 13 but I really wanted the 17 so I'll give it the weekend and see if we can pick up the rest but if not I'll move on what we have and send out roles Monday morning.

Thanks for your patience.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Marack is BN, as for if he's playing I unno? @Blind Ninja
Havent decided yet...

Big sticking point for me, in our 48/24 normal rotation, days feel like they are dragging on at points.... now add that its 72/24 and essentially only requiring 2/3 "game related" posts a day phase. Doesnt look appealing to me.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Fuck it... Sure...

Still think 72/24 is too damn long.

Normal active people may even get bored and not post as much the back half of the day

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
Still think 72/24 is too damn long.

Normal active people may even get bored and not post as much the back half of the day
It could be and that's a possibility I suppose. Just because a deadline exists doesn't mean you have to use it all. It's just the allotted time to make a decision on who to lynch or no lynch. I'm a pretty firm believer that longer deadlines are pro-town. Obviously, that runs the risk of the day dragging but there have been times when I have appreciated a longer deadline or when I had felt like town needed some extra time. Maybe 48 hours is that sweet spot and I just haven't learned that lesson yet.

Maybe there's a part of me that's just experimenting and wanting to do something different. Maybe I'm just giving MTR more nap time. Maybe the 5 posts every 48 hours is better and this way is antiquated. Or that the 5 posts per day phase fits with people's playstyle better than requiring players to check in over a slightly longer period of time.

Like a player comes in and says "oh I gotta post 5 times so lemme read this game and make the 5 posts." so that guarantees 5 posts a day from everyone as opposed to making someone check in 2 twice per day phase. Maybe you're right and folks will grow tired of a longer day phase.

I think Night said that she ran a 72 hour phase game and the activity was about the same (as in active people are active and those that aren't aren't) so maybe I'm just insane in thinking that a game that is more focused on the day phase than the night phase will result in more discussion and a back and forth dialogue which may require more time so everyone one has time to weigh in. In general,

If town thinks player thats barely posting is scum it's their job to lynch them and if town is barely posting it's scum job to run them up if they think they can get away with it.
Maybe this will be the worst game ever ran on this site or maybe people might enjoy something just a tad different. Who knows. We'll..we'll see what happens.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
@rock meets hard place Genuinely wish you the best of luck. Being honest dude and I mean no offense…the thought of 72 hour days especially with my current schedule made me go ehhhhhhh but also curious.

I however may be interested in a dead chat if I join your server because at the same time I am also curious as to how this turns out but will leave that up to you before I join.

Top Bottom