Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next Mod Queue

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Below is the list of mods who have expressed interest and the rough order. If you want to be added to the list, please put your name below. If you want a specific time for a theme and someone is ahead of you, just ask and get approval for them to swap with you and we can manage.

We currently run one game at a time due to people, but if we grow we can start multitabling.

Mod Queue:

VK
Mazer

Listo/VK
Claws
Mazer (December '24)

Last edited:

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
LISTO AND VK ARE THE SAME PERSON?

This is shocking.

I also claim December in perpetuity.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
No set rules on any of that required.

Emma Watson Empathy And The Ability To Use Your Imagination Should Have No Limits GIF by MTV Movie & TV Awards

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
What are my limitations? Or am I just allowed to do my own ruleset? For example a 72 hour day phase instead of 48
Your own ruleset is both allowed and encouraged. I know 72 might feel a bit too long for some, but if it's for the sake of your schedule, then I think most would be fine with that.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I don't mind 72 hour days. They can drag on, especially towards the end of game and the high posters are dead, but thats really any game.

Kumquat

Vanilla Townie
Oh this'll be fun. Rule One:

Expect less than 5 people will actually read your rules ;)

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
It's a risk I suppose, could make a lot of folks dislike it but the goal is to try to make it more active. Like if someone is busy and then gets home and is tired then you have that extra leeway to just post in the morning. Something something focus on day play and not night play. Could be a disaster but the leap from 48 to 72 isn't that big I think

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I don't think it'll really turn that many people off other than like me because I like faster games lol. But I'd still play and it would be no big deal to me so bring it on.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
It's a risk I suppose, could make a lot of folks dislike it but the goal is to try to make it more active. Like if someone is busy and then gets home and is tired then you have that extra leeway to just post in the morning. Something something focus on day play and not night play. Could be a disaster but the leap from 48 to 72 isn't that big I think
It won't be a disaster at all. It will still act the same. The people who don't post as much won't suddenly post more because of 24 extra hours.

I will gladly talk for 72 hours to all those who listen.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Try whatever makes you happy.

Unless it's making future town two games in a row.

Don't try that.

Nightingale

Administrator
I've run games with 72 hour days before - my experience was that participation from individuals remained the same; people who were normally active still were, and those that weren't didn't really increase activity. That said, there is no reason not to try again since that was a LONG time ago, and there are different people here now. And assuming hammers end day, if people *really* want day to end sooner - they can just force it.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Hmmm. I would have to commit an additional 24 hours to my d1 roleplay. Time to start brainstorming

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
I think you guys are likely right that peoples posting habits won't change so it's just wishful thinking on my part that a game based less on night play will increase activity. Maybe people will just get sick of the day dragging and hammer.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I've run games with 72 hour days before - my experience was that participation from individuals remained the same; people who were normally active still were, and those that weren't didn't really increase activity. That said, there is no reason not to try again since that was a LONG time ago, and there are different people here now. And assuming hammers end day, if people *really* want day to end sooner - they can just force it.
Players wont try to early hammer because it looks scummy. Days will last whole duration but activity wont go up.
Thats how i remember such things go

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
@rock meets hard place

Do you have anything planned? I have a game being worked on and I think Foxxi's is not ready. Badger wanted sometime in January I think and are just waiting to hear from them.

If you have something ready or can get ready, you may be able to go. Otherwise, I can get a game up as soon as signups are hit.

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
Yes and no. I can't really make a proper setup unless I know how many players there are but it's not like that will take anytime. I had thought about not doing anything until after the new year but when I run prob wouldn't have an affect on activity so I'm here if you need me

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Yes and no. I can't really make a proper setup unless I know how many players there are but it's not like that will take anytime. I had thought about not doing anything until after the new year but when I run prob wouldn't have an affect on activity so I'm here if you need me
We can see if Badger is ready. If not, you can go.

I would build for 15-18. That seems to usually be our sweet spot. Sometimes more depending on game. Rarely less.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I think you guys are likely right that peoples posting habits won't change so it's just wishful thinking on my part that a game based less on night play will increase activity. Maybe people will just get sick of the day dragging and hammer.
If the goal is solving via talking, a standard Mafia game will work. No writeups. Claim whatever you want.

Sure, maybe it gets solved by actions, but the actions aren't known for sure.

Nightingale

Administrator
We can see if Badger is ready. If not, you can go.

I would build for 15-18. That seems to usually be our sweet spot. Sometimes more depending on game. Rarely less.
There may be some players less interested in playing if it's not role madness -- but that also means Rock could toss up a sign up telling people that and then see how many people decide to play. It's a lot easier to just toss together a game setup when half or more of the roles are VT

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
There may be some players less interested in playing if it's not role madness -- but that also means Rock could toss up a sign up telling people that and then see how many people decide to play. It's a lot easier to just toss together a game setup when half or more of the roles are VT
Those 15 people pretty much play every game. I think this is mostly a non-issue.

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
Captain Holt, Chandler squad and friends will look forward to seeing you all in early January.

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
I think you are both a little right. I have/do worry that it's very possible that folks like what's mostly ran on this site and wouldn't sign up for a not role madness game but it's possible that people will just sign up for what they are offered. My other thought was to sign up to run a 2nd game at some point that IS role madness but they all aren't super powerful roles. Or I could do that to begin with or we do a poll and see what kind of game people want me to run. More traditional or "role madness". Or just stick with my original plan and do one of each.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I am used to doing role madness but we have done some other stuff here and there and I am always up to trying something different.

Nightingale

Administrator
I think you are both a little right. I have/do worry that it's very possible that folks like what's mostly ran on this site and wouldn't sign up for a not role madness game but it's possible that people will just sign up for what they are offered. My other thought was to sign up to run a 2nd game at some point that IS role madness but they all aren't super powerful roles. Or I could do that to begin with or we do a poll and see what kind of game people want me to run. More traditional or "role madness". Or just stick with my original plan and do one of each.

There are definitely players who will play/enjoy a more standard game - and some who will sign up for whatever is being run no matter what =)

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
It's a lot easier to just toss together a game setup when half or more of the roles are VT
This is probably not a slight on me and this is just maybe saying that it's less complicated but I think that trying to build a game with less pr that strives for balance and maybe theme doesn't necessarily mean that there's less or more thought being put into as opposed to throwing power across the board

Nightingale

Administrator
This is probably not a slight on me and this is just maybe saying that it's less complicated but I think that trying to build a game with less pr that strives for balance and maybe theme doesn't necessarily mean that there's less or more thought being put into as opposed to throwing power across the board

Nope; not meant as a slight at all. I was thinking along the basis that when you remove *everyone* having some form of PR, it becomes less complicated to decide where to put the power that does get included - if that makes sense. Thought still goes into it, especially if it's something you're making with a theme. Was also under the impression you were thinking mountainous basically, but realize now you do intend to have some roles, just not everyone ^^;;

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
Should be good to go in a week and a half to 2 weeks. Got notes down just need to put it all together plus familiar myself with the Discord tools for my shiny new filthy server.

Just caught Void’s message asking if he can run a small one in between so said he can if he wants.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
In addition to my December claim, I'd like to get up at the next available spot.

It's time for The House trilogy to rise.

Dr. House, The House Bunny, The House of the Rising Sun, Our House, House of Pain.......None of them measure up to the House of MTR

Top Bottom