Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vanillatown 2: Revenge Is A Dish Best Served Kosher

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
It's been a year since the great massacre of Vanillatown. Despite its remote nature, news came swift in the nearby towns and villages. Some of this was because of the frequent campers and merchants that pass through the area. Much of that is because the Flavor Boyz didn't stop their atrocities at Vanillatown. Once they had a taste of fatal violence, they needed more with every passing minute. With each wafer crumbled, each biscuit shredded, the deed became easier - and more stimulating. Flavor 1, the boy wafer who first broke the seal, was the most egregious. Not only was he growing more bloodthirsty, but ambitious. Something that Guy Fieri would prey upon.

So immediately after, they repeated their violence on the neighboring town of Kosherville. However, while Kosherville had a strong economic, political, and familial relationship with Vanillatown, their way of life was more seasoned. Tradition that was not modest or prude, and understood the times. That's why the citizens of Kosherville ultimately survived the attack, but took heavy casualties. Guy Fieiri's obnoxious cache of armaments kept them ahead, but Flavor Boyz got their first taste of resistance, and knew they needed more foodstuffs to back them up...and take the bullets, of course. And when they returned, the people of Kosherville were forced into surrender.

The attacks continued over the year on many neighboring towns and villages. Some were occupied and forced to join or support the Flavor Militia. Others were annihilated outright, just as Vanillatown had been.

Kosherville had become a Flavor hub within the region, so the Flavor Boyz could operate closer than they would be able in Flavortown. And though there were citizens who would attempt to rebel, their force seemed too great to be able to be beaten. And it was hard to rally an uprising when the example of Vanillatown was a strong symbol of fear. There were no survivors, after all.

At least...that's what most thought, until the rumors came out...of a ghost of Vanillatown out for revenge.

Players: 14 or 16
Setup: Mountainous Desperado
Voting: Plurality Rules
Night Chat will be active
1 vote per day required
3 post minimum

Mountainous is a full vanilla game. Town will have no night actions, and scum will only have a single night kill. The Desperado variant has a towny being randed a gun to shoot during the day as well as the lynch. If the shot hits town, the person holding the gun will die. If they hit scum, they remain alive.

Gun will be randed on Day 3 or Day 4 depending on amount of players.

Write-up and full rules coming tomorrow.

Last edited:

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I'm in.

Obviously the loss of that bastardly Homely Man doesn't count against my record.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
1. Jarrod1983
2. Matthieu
3. The Homel- I mean, Mazer
4. LemonDemonGirl

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
1. Jarrod1983
2. Matthieu
4. LemonDemonGirl
5. Val the Moofia Boss
6. MTR

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
1. Jarrod1983
2. Matthieu
4. LemonDemonGirl
5. Val the Moofia Boss
6. MTR
7. CWE

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
1. Jarrod1983
2. Matthieu
4. LemonDemonGirl
5. Val the Moofia Boss
6. MTR
7. CWE
8. Lora
9. Satsu

Claws

Mastermind
1. Jarrod1983
2. Matthieu
4. LemonDemonGirl
5. Val the Moofia Boss
6. MTR
7. CWE
8. Lora
9. Satsu
10. Claws

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
It's been a year since the great massacre of Vanillatown. Despite its remote nature, news came swift in the nearby towns and villages. Some of this was because of the frequent campers and merchants that pass through the area. Much of that is because the Flavor Boyz didn't stop their atrocities at Vanillatown. Once they had a taste of fatal violence, they needed more with every passing minute. With each wafer crumbled, each biscuit shredded, the deed became easier - and more stimulating. Flavor 1, the boy wafer who first broke the seal, was the most egregious. Not only was he growing more bloodthirsty, but ambitious. Something that Guy Fieri would prey upon.

So immediately after, they repeated their violence on the neighboring town of Kosherville. However, while Kosherville had a strong economic, political, and familial relationship with Vanillatown, their way of life was more seasoned. Tradition that was not modest or prude, and understood the times. That's why the citizens of Kosherville ultimately survived the attack, but took heavy casualties. Guy Fieiri's obnoxious cache of armaments kept them ahead, but Flavor Boyz got their first taste of resistance, and knew they needed more foodstuffs to back them up...and take the bullets, of course. And when they returned, the people of Kosherville were forced into surrender.

The attacks continued over the year on many neighboring towns and villages. Some were occupied and forced to join or support the Flavor Militia. Others were annihilated outright, just as Vanillatown had been.

Kosherville had become a Flavor hub within the region, so the Flavor Boyz could operate closer than they would be able in Flavortown. And though there were citizens who would attempt to rebel, their force seemed too great to be able to be beaten. And it was hard to rally an uprising when the example of Vanillatown was a strong symbol of fear. There were no survivors, after all.

At least...that's what most thought, until the rumors came out...of a ghost of Vanillatown out for revenge.

Last edited:

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
1. Jarrod1983
2. Matthieu
4. LemonDemonGirl
5. Val the Moofia Boss
6. MTR
7. CWE
8. Lora
9. Satsu
10. Claws
11. WindwardAway

Hello 😄

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I'll probably start this whenever we hit 14, but no rush. Given the setup, if two stragglers want to join before the game officially rands, I'll throw you in. If we get a 15th but no 16th, I'll keep you in mind as a sub.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I thought about having my Day 1 gimmick be Guy Fieri, but that feels too on the nose.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Windward is someone I met in the mafia championships last year. She was in my qualifier, and I've played a couple games with her on the SomethingAwful forums. She's good people.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
In your previous games, have you ever killed Psych?
I tried extremely hard to kill him at the end the last game where he wolfed against me, but he killed me that night and town flipped him the day after that.

WindwardAway

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
He got mechanically boxed in, though. Otherwise I don't think he would've gotten voted out lol

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
He got mechanically boxed in, though. Otherwise I don't think he would've gotten voted out lol
He is like that. But I'm going to go ahead and give you credit for the mechanical boxing. Do I know any of the mechanics? No. But I respect that they were there, and they killed. So I am happy to give you an assist on that kill.

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
1. Jarrod1983
2. Matthieu
4. LemonDemonGirl
5. Val the Moofia Boss
6. MTR
7. CWE
8. Lora
9. Satsu
10. Claws
11. WindwardAway
12. Kareemah

Caito

CWE Killer
I will join on the condition of town not being complete fucking morons when I lay a scum at their feet.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
If you need bodies, i can play...

But you will barely get more then 3 posts per phase... and a vote

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
1. @Jarrod1983
2. @Matthieu
3. @Mazer
4. @LemonDemonGirl
5. @Val the Moofia Boss
6. @MTR
7. @CWE
8. @Satsu
9. @Claws
10. @WindwardAway
11. @Kareemah
12. @Peter Griffin
13. @Caito
14. @FutureHold

Still gonna send out roles via PM and confirm the old-fashioned way to get the ball rolling, but if I could have you all join this discord server for the game:

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
REMOVE YOUR NAME FROM THE LIST TO CONFIRM YOU'VE RECEIVED YOUR ROLE

1. Jarrod1983
2. Matthieu
3. Mazer
4. LemonDemonGirl
5. Val the Moofia Boss
6. MTR
7. CWE