Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 5 - Throne of Destiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Hello everyone. Welcome to the signup thread for a second round of Throne of Lies. This game will not have any writeups, like the previous game and needs a minimum of 16 players to play properly. Please see below for the specifics and sign up. As always, I will answer any questions regarding this game.

Rolecards are still being finished and will be available in Discord in the next day or so. Everyone can then look at what roles are available.

Initial Game Information:

1. This is a cult style game. I repeat. This is a cult style game.
  2. There will be NO writeups this game. Certain actions will receive feedback (outside of investigation results), based on what happens during the night that can be saved in logbooks or shared in the thread. There may be some flavor for start/end of day, but it should not be used as game information
  3. Role-claiming, breadcrumbing, fake claiming, etc will be allowed. A list of all roles in the game will be made available to everyone. There is nothing hidden this game as all players will see all possible abilities. While claims are allowed, please do not abuse this as it can take away from the game as a whole.

As this game includes roles and rules that are different, I have made a few channels inside the game discord that will show all potential roles in the game. This does not mean every role is in the game, but they will be randomly decided based on the below formula.

Game Setup Specifics:

Under 18 player game:

- The Cult or Unseen will begin with 2 members. The Cult may convert to reach a total of 4 members, the Unseen may convert to reach a total of 3 members.
- Conversion Protection: If conversion fails three times in a row, a convert will be chosen at random from all eligible players; including the current failed target. This will occur after all other actions.

18-20 player game:
-
The Cult or Unseen will begin with 2 members. The Cult may convert to reach a total of 4 members, the Unseen may convert to reach a total of 3 members.
- Bad Luck Protection: If the first conversion by the Cult or Unseen fails for any reason, a recruit will be chosen at random from all eligible players; including the original target. This will occur after all other actions.
- Conversion Protection: If conversion fails three times in a row, a convert will be chosen at random from all eligible players; including the current failed target. This will occur after all other actions.

21+ player game:
-
The Cult or Unseen will begin with 3 members. The Cult may convert to reach a total of 5 members, the Unseen may convert to reach a total of 4 members. The Cult cannot start with the Apostle and the Unseen cannot start with the Enforcer, the Marshal, the Sage, or the Timesnatcher.

Sample Starting Role Breakdown - 16 player game

1 Good/Evil King
1 Prince
1+ Sheriff or Paladin
8-9 Additional Blue Dragon Members
2 Unseen or Cult Members
1 Neutral Killing
2-3 Other Neutrals

Sample Starting Role Breakdown - 21 player game

1 Good/Evil King
1 Prince
1+ Sheriff or Paladin
10-11 Additional Blue Dragon Members
3 Unseen or Cult Members
1 Neutral Killing
3-4 Other Neutrals

Day/Night Phases:

Day/Night will end at 8:00pm ET (GMT-5). Length of phases may be adjusted to compensate. End game phases may start/end earlier depending on game state.

Day phases will last 48 hours and will end early upon majority being reached. If majority is not reached by the end of the day, there will be no elimination.

If a King is eliminated or killed, a 24 hour Dawn phase will begin before the next day, where the players can vote upon a new King to take the throne, but beware of promoting a King who is not of Blue Dragon. If majority is not reached by the end of the 24 hour period, no King will be promoted and there will no longer be a King for the remainder of the game. When a new King is elected, Day will begin. Dawn phase will no longer occur once there are 5 players remaining and no new Kings can be elected.

Night Phase will last 24 hours and no talking will be allowed in thread during this time. You can use the general channel in Discord for non-game related chat during night. You have until 7:00pm ET (GMT-5) to submit your night actions each night.

Game Mechanics
  1. At the start of the game, one player will be announced as the King. The King will either start as a Good King, Unseen King, or Cult King. This King’s alignment will not be known and you will need to use your social deduction skills to determine if the King is on your side or not.
  2. There is only either the Unseen or Cult in this game. Not both.
  3. If the King is removed by vote or killed, the town will come together and vote on a new King during a special Dawn phase. After that, the day will begin. If there are five or fewer players remaining, there will be no new elections for King.
  4. All players will be able to keep a logbook. This cannot exceed 50 words (I will be forgiving with formatting not counting towards words) and will be released to all players upon your death. This can contain information about your targets, role, things that happened, results, etc. Or it can be used to provide disinformation depending on how roles can obscure and manipulate flips, faking results, etc. Or you can just use it to shitpost/taunt on your death. You can submit one logbook each phase which will lock it in as the newest one. If a logbook is not submitted, none will be flipped or the most recent version submitted will be used.
  5. If you are occupied, redirected, or imprisoned a total of 3 times, you will become immune to all forms of occupation and redirection (except to The Prince). You will not be told when this happens and it will just work passively. If you are imprisoned three times by the Prince, you cannot be imprisoned again.
  6. Framed results are Killer/Offensive to the Princess, Unseen to the Sheriff, Cult to the Paladin, and the Observer will see them visiting someone who died that night.
  7. If an attack is unhealable, it cannot be protected by typical heals/protects but can still be stopped by death immunity. Death immunity, in some cases, can be overridden by a player’s actions. Death Immunity does not prevent death from bleeds.
  8. The game will follow typical Mafia feedback. Only roles that need a notification of their action failing will be told.
  9. I recommend reading the roles as some roles are death immune (can be bypassed by other roles and actions), occupy (roleblock) immune, and redirect/conversion immune.

Feedback: This is how some results will return to give you an idea

1. If your action is a kill, bleed, or returns results, and fails for most reasons, you will be told Action Failed.
2. If you protect someone and the action fails resulting in their death, you will be told Action Failed. Only the Chronomancer will be told if they successfully prevent a death due to their role mechanics. If a player survives a kill attempt due to a heal, they will be told they survived but not who healed them
3. You will be told at the end of the phase if you are bleeding, unless hidden. Only the player who was bled will be told if their bleed is healed.
4. If there is specific role feedback, it will be listed on your rolecard.

General Rules:

1. No discussing this game with any players outside of the game thread, unless you have a specialized Discord thread to do so.
2. Please no angleshooting or OGI (out of game information), such as a player’s potential lurking or activity, or seeing they are active in another thread/discord but not Mafia. Focus on the game and what is happening in the game. Please do not ask CWE his alignment and CWE should not unequivocally state his alignment either. Y’all have been warned.
3. There will be no night chat allowed in the thread. The general chat in Discord will be enabled to allow non-game chat during each night phase.
4. All other typical Mafia rules are in play. All actions will follow Natural Action Resolution and unmodified actions of the same type will go first. Conflicting redirections may fail

Signups:

1. Listo95
2. Robozerim
3. Mazer
4. Nightingale
5. CWE
6. FutureHold
7. MTR
8. Matthieu
9. Rock meets hard place
10. Val the Moofia Boss
11. Xanjori
12. Satsu
13. BlindNinja
14. JackSparrow
15. morrison
--------------

Last edited:

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
Signups:

8. Matthieu
--------------

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
7. MTR
8. Matthieu
--------------

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
1. Listo95
7. MTR
8. Matthieu
--------------

• Haha
Reactions: MTR

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
1. Listo95
5. CWE
7. MTR
8. Matthieu
11. Xanjori
13. morrison
--------------

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
1. Listo95
2. Robozerim
5. CWE
7. MTR
8. Matthieu
11. Xanjori
12. Satsu
13. morrison
--------------

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
1. Listo95
2. Robozerim
3.Mazer
5. CWE
7. MTR
8. Matthieu
11. Xanjori
12. Satsu
13. morrison
--------------

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I support the implementation of the cwe rule. Style and pride exist.

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Hmmmm, the summer is over, you know what that means

1. Listo95
2. Robozerim
3.Mazer
5. CWE
6. FutureHold
7. MTR
8. Matthieu
11. Xanjori
12. Satsu
13. morrison
--------------

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Hmmmm, the summer is over, you know what that means

1. Listo95
2. Robozerim
3.Mazer
5. CWE
6. FutureHold
7. MTR
8. Matthieu
11. Xanjori
12. Satsu
13. morrison
--------------
That's it time to decide what the worst "summer jam" ever is?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Has he still not done that yet? I thought he promised by last weekend?

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
The slacker hasn't done since like May acting like he was out of town living in the woods for the last two months.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
That was a rare thing for the last game on here to not happen. We just finished a game on another site so hopefully we are able to enough sign ups to do this game.

Nightingale

Administrator
Guess I'll do it official-like. And fair warning, I'm still operating at 2/10

1. Listo95
2. Robozerim
3. Mazer
4. Nightingale
5. CWE
6. FutureHold
7. MTR
8. Matthieu
11. Xanjori
12. Satsu
13. morrison
--------------

Nightingale

Administrator
1. Listo95
2. Robozerim
3. Mazer
4. Nightingale
5. CWE
6. FutureHold
7. MTR
8. Matthieu
9. Rock meets hard place
11. Xanjori
12. Satsu
13. morrison
--------------

1. Listo95
2. Robozerim
3. Mazer
4. Nightingale
5. CWE
6. FutureHold
7. MTR
8. Matthieu
9. Rock meets hard place
10. Val the Moofia Boss
11. Xanjori
12. Satsu
13. morrison
--------------

LikeQuoteReply

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
1. Listo95
2. Robozerim
3. Mazer
4. Nightingale
5. CWE
6. FutureHold
7. MTR
8. Matthieu
9. Rock meets hard place
10. Val the Moofia Boss
11. Xanjori
12. Satsu
13. BlindNinja
14. JackSparrow
15. morrison
16. 3puppies
--------------

Last edited:

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
They're all good options. But waffles, with their delicious syrup traps, demand your full attention. You can do pancakes and life advice simultaneously.

Waffles, you should wait until after the meal to offer life-altering perspectives.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I threw up my wifes omrlets last sat, i think she tryed to poison me
If she looked at you on Sunday and said "You have a surprisingly high constitution", she was likely trying. Almost 71% certain.

But we've all been through one of those attempted poisons before.

The timeless art of seduction

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
They're all good options. But waffles, with their delicious syrup traps, demand your full attention. You can do pancakes and life advice simultaneously.

Waffles, you should wait until after the meal to offer life-altering perspectives.
French toast, sausage, egg, cheese breakfast sandwich.

:drool:

3puppies

Lost Wolf
I don't know what to expect in a game with no write-ups, but if you still need another, I'll do my best.

French toast with warm honey-infused, cinnamon apple pie filling , and a dusting of powdered sugar. A la mode.

Get him into a sugar coma before laying down the life advice.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
It is definitely different from what you are used to but at least you can claim and not worried about being mod killed. ;) I am sure you will do fine.

Man now I want like a huge breakfast for dinner type meal with pancakes, waffles, french toast, omelet etc.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I don't know what to expect in a game with no write-ups, but if you still need another, I'll do my best.

French toast with warm honey-infused, cinnamon apple pie filling , and a dusting of powdered sugar. A la mode.

Get him into a sugar coma before laying down the life advice.
You will be fine. You can claim if needed, but as always, i ask people don't unless absolutely necessary. If the entire game claims at once it can ruin the game and thats just not fun for anyone involved. But claiming to survive? Claiming info? All valid and won't be modkilled for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom