Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Completed Games 2024

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
You know the drill

1. Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Game Boy Color)

Holy shit, is this a good Zelda game. It's short, but when you consider it's supposed to be paired with Ages(which I'm playing next), that's not really true. Even on its own, it's a content-packed adventure, with some inventive items and solid boss battles. Some of the puzzles had me stumped(some for stupid reasons like forgetting I can push a trampoline -_-). I used a guide for that damn trampoline mishap and to figure out where to go(another dumb oversight) after Tarm Ruins, and I wasn't gonna try and find the random spots the golden beasts popped up.

While not all the bosses were super hard, I thought they all had unique mechanics that took advantage of all the items you get. I really liked that the final proper dungeon tests all your skill with them and is designed in a way where you can get past some of the basic hazards in multiple ways depending on how you're using everything.

Oh, and of course, the music was incredible. The dungeon themes would be stuck in my head all day after playing. GBC OSTs are underrated.

Sick game. Unique setting and identity and the best that top-down Zelda has to offer. You can't ask for more. 9/10

morrison

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
gonna copy this over from the other thread:

1. prince of persia: the lost crown (PC)

just finished the prince of persia: the lost crown. final clock time was 27.5 hours and 90% completion. really, really great metroidvania. absolutely loved the story, which i wasn't expecting. the map is huge, the movement very fluid, responsive and fun and the combat is pretty great, though there's a few complaints i have about it. the controls for combat definitely didn't feel as responsive as for movement, and group fights are kind of a pain in the ass. they want you to parry a lot, but in a 2d pov, it's hard to tell what some enemies are doing when assets start to overlap on each other. but outside of the standard difficulty presets, they let you mess with sliders for a bunch of stuff like damage, parry window, etc. i chose the second highest difficulty and didn't mess with the sliders, so some of my issues i probably could have mitigated, but whatevs. highly recommend it if you're into metroidvanias.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I guess I can try and keep track of this so far.

Completed Games:

1. The Last of Us II: Remastered (PS5) (100%) - Did this on the original version, but bought the remaster and 100% the game and grounded/permadeath trophies again. Didn't do No Return, but hey the game is platinum.
2. A Plague Tale: Innocence (PS4) (100%) - This was just to get another platinum. Beat this game many times over as it is one of my all time favorite game series and did it again on the version I hadn't platinum. I cannot love this game and Requiem more.

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
New year. Same thing. 2 completed playthroughs of the GOAT trilogy. Starting #3 tomorrow on me off day...

I'm basically just killing time until the most anticipated sports game EVER comes out. :hyper:

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
2. Disco Elysium (PS5)

Goddamn, what a great game. If you like point-and-click adventure games (doesn't control like point and click) or RPG dice rolls games and the ability to play different styles/personalities where choices matter, this is for you. It also has a lot of political theory commentary that's fascinating no matter what side of the spectrum you fall on. I ended up caring about all the characters and just got absolutely immersed. Couldn't put it down.

Just did the one playthrough trying to get the good ending(made some mistakes, missed some dice rolls, didn't get the best ending) and then reloaded a save I had right before some major turning points and finished out to get what I think is what would be considered the "best" ending.

Absolutely loved it. Highly recommend. It might still be on sale for a bit longer depending on your platform.

9.5/10

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
2. Disco Elysium (PS5)

Goddamn, what a great game. If you like point-and-click adventure games (doesn't control like point and click) or RPG dice rolls games and the ability to play different styles/personalities where choices matter, this is for you. It also has a lot of political theory commentary that's fascinating no matter what side of the spectrum you fall on. I ended up caring about all the characters and just got absolutely immersed. Couldn't put it down.

Just did the one playthrough trying to get the good ending(made some mistakes, missed some dice rolls, didn't get the best ending) and then reloaded a save I had right before some major turning points and finished out to get what I think is what would be considered the "best" ending.

Absolutely loved it. Highly recommend. It might still be on sale for a bit longer depending on your platform.

9.5/10
Is this the one where you are a detective or something? I remember people freaking out and loving this game, if so. May need to try it.

morrison

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
2. metroid: zero mission (GBA/emulation)

watched the super metroid VOD of one of my favorite streamers and that got me in the mood to play a metroid. i played zero mission years ago, got absolutely tilted by the mother brain spaghettio orgy and ended up quitting. decided to start the game again last night, and just finished it. 4.5 hours, 63% discovery rate. it's such an amazing game, the bullshit mother brain room notwithstanding. with the additional polish and quality of life improvements taken from super metroid and fusion, and the expansion of the original games story, this honestly might be the most perfect metroid game. tight in story, in gameplay and in time spent.

i did also start the rebirth demo, but stopped maybe halfway through. gonna pick it back up when they release the second part, the junon open world area. hopefully that'll take me right into the full release with little down time inbetween.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
2. metroid: zero mission (GBA/emulation)

watched the super metroid VOD of one of my favorite streamers and that got me in the mood to play a metroid. i played zero mission years ago, got absolutely tilted by the mother brain spaghettio orgy and ended up quitting. decided to start the game again last night, and just finished it. 4.5 hours, 63% discovery rate. it's such an amazing game, the bullshit mother brain room notwithstanding. with the additional polish and quality of life improvements taken from super metroid and fusion, and the expansion of the original games story, this honestly might be the most perfect metroid game. tight in story, in gameplay and in time spent.

i did also start the rebirth demo, but stopped maybe halfway through. gonna pick it back up when they release the second part, the junon open world area. hopefully that'll take me right into the full release with little down time inbetween.
Zero Mission is a great game. Been a loooong time since I played. Maybe I pick it up again this year?

I have been tempted to play the demo, but since nothing carries over, I'm just gonna hold out until the full game plays so I can get the experience raw

morrison

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Zero Mission is a great game. Been a loooong time since I played. Maybe I pick it up again this year?

I have been tempted to play the demo, but since nothing carries over, I'm just gonna hold out until the full game plays so I can get the experience raw
the nibelheim incident part is the very beginning of the game, and obvs a flashback, so while progression and stuff like that won't carry over, they have said if you play the demo that you'll be able to skip that part on the full release. so that's kinda nice. you also get two bonus items if you have demo save data: a charm that nets you extra resources and a kit of survival items like potions and junk. so there's at least some incentive to play it now.

and i definitely recommend running through zero mission again. it's such a quick game but so satisfying when it comes to scratching the metroid itch.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Completed Games:

1. The Last of Us II: Remastered (PS5) (100%)
2. A Plague Tale: Innocence (PS4) (100%)
3. Final Fantasy 7 Remake (PS5) (100%) - 64 hours playtime

With me taking a mental break from life and secluding myself after dealing with work and rl shit, I needed an outlet so I finally got around to playing this game and I am really glad I did. It's been sitting around for years with me not playing it because the combat didn't click for me immediately. But I decided to try it and really got into the combat, playing it on Easy at first. Once I got weapons with abilities, everything was different and it was fluid and fun. I really enjoyed the changes and the whole revelation of what is going on (I avoided spoilers for years) was pretty awesome. I liked the game so much that I ended up going and doing the platinum for it and knocking everything out on Hard mode which was a fun bit of gameplay. I still have to do the Yuffie DLC, which I will at some point before I play Rebirth. I downloaded the demo and made save data immediately (skipping all cutscenes and just walking around Nibelheim a bit) just so I can get the items hopefully.

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
Hey boss . :wave:

Good to see you’re alright, we all need to make a break sometimes. I think my FFVII remake time IIRC was less but I didn’t do as many sidequests I don’t think.

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Took me till year 11, but I finally achieved perfection in Stardew Valley.

There's no way I'm getting the Prarie King achivements, so the only thing left for me is a Joja run*...

*until 1.6 gets a console release

Attachments

• Stardew Valley_20240330211113.jpg
    Stardew Valley_20240330211113.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 3

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Badger’s Log: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth

Okay so just about to cross the swamp (but will go back and do Kalm side quests first, clear those towers for Chadley) but will create two save files. One (if the story allows and is an option) because I want to see how badly this Midgar Zolom will kick my ass if I did NOT cross on Chocobo..it’s probably going to be brutallll but still curious! 😂😂😂

The second file of course for when I cross the swamp on chocobo and play properly. 👍

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Progress has been sloooow but done majority of Grasslands side quest in Rebirth bar about two. Doing everything before I attempt to fight Midgar Zolom as funny feeling he’s going to be fuckiiiing hard.

Anyway will clock in hours soon but been hella busyyy but will get back on this very soon. 👍

Top Bottom