Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Throne of Lies Mafia Signup

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Signups are now closed. Thread will be locked and the rand will happen shortly. I can include one more player total, so if anyone wants in I can add one of the roles. Just let me know in discord.

Copying the post from Rajah to here for others to sign up if they have not.

Hello everyone!

This game will be played in the Throne of Lies format. This is a video game version of Mafia that has some different rules. I am looking for 16 (to 20) brave souls to take part in this adventure. We have run it before and it was a great success. I added some more tweaks and hopefully it will go as well. It is a fun game with a lot of things happening and can be chaotic.

Initial Game Information:

This is a cult style game. I repeat. This is a cult style game.
There will be a modified day/night/dawn schedule in this game. Further info below in rules, but below is a short version.

Day - Split into two 24 hour phases. Nomination is where you choose someone to put on trial and discuss anything about the game. Trial is where you vote to execute or pardon the player on trial. The player on trial can mount any defense they want and the rest of the game can respond.
Night - Standard 24 hour night phase.
Dawn - Extra 24 hour phase if a King is killed/voted out.

There will be NO writeups this game. Certain actions will receive feedback (outside of investigation results), based on what happens during the night that can be saved in logbooks or shared in the thread
Role-claiming, breadcrumbing, fake claiming, etc will be allowed. A list of all roles in the game will be made available to everyone. There is nothing hidden this game as all players will see all possible abilities. While claims are allowed, please do not abuse this as it can take away from the game as a whole.

As this game includes roles and rules that are different, I have made a few channels inside the game discord that will show all potential roles in the game. This does not mean every role is in the game, but they will be randomly decided based on the below formula.

Starting Role Breakdown - 16 player game

1 King
1 Prince
1+ Sheriff or Paladin
7-8 Additional Blue Dragon Members
2 Unseen or Cult Members
1 Neutral Killing
2-3 Other Neutrals

If there are more players, I will adjust the amounts and provide them in the starting post.

Day/Night Phases In-Depth:

Day/Night will end at 7:00pm ET (GMT-5). Length of phases may be adjusted to compensate. End game phases may start/end earlier depending on game state.

During the first 24 hours of the Day phase (The Nomination Phase), the game will collectively vote on someone they wish to put on trial for treason. The Nomination Phase will last a maximum of 24 hours and will end once a majority is reached on a player. If no majority is reached, the top vote will be put on trial. If sleep is the top vote, the trial phase will be skipped and night will begin. The game can proceed to the trial phase early, if all valid players have voted and the majority is on a single player. Trial phase will then start including the remaining time in the Nomination Phase.

During the second 24 hours of the Day phase (The Trial Phase), the player on trial will be able to mount any type of defense they wish. Others can give reasons why to execute or why not and debate the point. Everyone, except the accused, will vote on whether to Execute, Pardon, or Abstain their vote.

Once a majority has been reached on Execute or Pardon, the Day phase will end. If a majority is not reached, whichever of Execute or Pardon is higher, will be chosen. If there is a tie, the player will be pardoned. If the number of abstentions is greater than the number of votes on the winning train, the player will be pardoned.

If a King is executed or killed, a 24 hour Dawn phase will begin before the next day, where the players can vote upon a new King to take the throne, but beware of promoting a King who is not of Blue Dragon. If majority is not reached by the end of the 24 hour period, no King will be promoted and there will no longer be a King for the remainder of the game. When a new King is elected, Day will begin.

Night Phase will last 24 hours and no talking will be allowed in thread during this time. You can use the general channel in Discord for non-game related chat during night. You have until 5:00pm ET (GMT-5) to submit your night actions each night.

Game Mechanics

1. At the start of the game, one player will be announced as the King. The King will either start as a Good King, Unseen King, or Cult King. This King’s alignment will not be known and you will need to use your social deduction skills to determine if the King is on your side or not.
2. If the King is removed by vote or killed, the town will come together and vote on a new King during Dawn. After that, the next day will continue.
3. When there are five (16 players) or 7 (20 players) players remaining, there will be no new elections for King. Trials will also cease to exist at this point.
4. The Unseen team will start off with The Mastermind and the Assassin and can recruit up to their cap of 3 players. The Cult starts off with The Cult Leader and a randomly chosen Cult class. They can recruit up to their cap of 4 players.
5. In a 20 player game, the first conversion done by the Unseen/Cult has increased bad luck protection applied to it. If the conversion fails, a random convertible player (regardless of actions) will be recruited, including the original target if applicable. This will happen after all other actions. This will then go back to the standard 3 day bad luck protection.
6. All players will be able to keep a logbook. This cannot exceed 100 words and will be released to all players upon your death. This can contain information about your targets, role, things that happened, results, etc. Or it can be used to provide disinformation depending on how roles can obscure and manipulate flips, faking results, etc. Or you can just use it to shitpost/taunt on your death. You can submit one logbook each phase which will lock it in as the newest one. If a logbook is not submitted, none will be flipped or the most recent version submitted will be used.
7. You will be allowed to whisper another player of your choice 2x per day and receive 2x whispers per day. Whisper length is limited to 280 characters. Any whispers received after that cap or over the length will not be delivered to the player but will count as one of your whispers sent. Whispers can be submitted in discord and will be delivered to that player as the moderator sees/receives them.
8. The action of whispering from whom and to whom will be revealed to the thread at the end of the day, but not the contents. However, some roles can intercept and read whispers so whisper carefully
9. If you are occupied, redirected, imprisoned, etc on three different nights, you will become immune to all forms of occupation and redirection. You will not be told when this happens and it will just be passive. This will also not affect the Prince’s imprisonment, but it will count towards your occupation count.
10. Framed results are Killer/Offensive to the Princess, Unseen to the Sheriff, Cult to the Paladin, and the Observer will see them visiting someone who died that night.
11. The game will follow typical Mafia feedback. Only roles that need a notification of their action failing will be told.
12. I recommend reading the roles as some roles are death immune (can be bypassed by other roles and actions), occupy (roleblock) immune, and redirect/conversion immune.

This is how some results will return to give you an idea

1. If your action returns results and fails for most reasons, you will be told Action Failed.
2. If you protect someone and the action fails, you will be told Action Failed. If you are the Physician or Chronomancer, you will be told if your protection was successful if it prevents a kill. If you are attacked and saved by an ability, you will be told but not the role that protected you.
3. You will be told at the end of the phase if you are bleeding, unless hidden.
4. Death Immunity does not count as a protection ability and will result in an action fail if it is hit.
5. There may be some other feedback given to roles, but this is an example list.

Rules:

1. No discussing this game with any players outside of the game thread, unless you have a specialized Discord thread to do so.
2. Please no angleshooting or OGI (out of game information), such as a player’s potential lurking or activity, or seeing they are active in another thread but not Mafia. Focus on the game.
3. There will be no night chat allowed in the thread. The general chat in Discord will be enabled to allow non-game chat during each night phase.
4. When a player is executed or pardoned or the timer runs out, please cease all posting as if the day has officially ended by the mod.
5. All other typical Mafia rules are in play. All actions will follow Natural Action Resolution and unmodified actions of the same type will go first. Conflicting redirections may fail.

Please feel free to ask any questions in this thread or Discord about the roles/game in general. I may make a brand new game thread to separate out the game and will do confirmations in discord. Below is the Discord for the game. Please join it and you can look at the roles. This is the same discord I used for previous games so if you are in it already, you are all set, and probably got spammed with the rolecards already.

Discord: https://discord.gg/j2jJDKmqC6

Story:

The medieval town of Faebury had seen better days. It was the bastion of the Blue Dragon. However, they were beset constantly by members of the Unseen and the Cult, as the townfolk tried to keep things safe within their walls. Not a day goes by without some form of incident. Their enemies must have spies inside.

The King has had enough. He made a decree that there were to be a royal tournament and that he himself would be in attendance and participate. He would help root out those who would seek to harm his allies, whether that be the Blue Dragon or the Unseen and Cult. The preparations were put into place and the day of the tournament was set. As expected, the Unseen and Cult would vie to be the ones represented in the tournament so they can finally ruin the Blue Dragon and end their reign over this land. This was too important to put to just their minions. No, the Cult Leader and the Mastermind would show up and guide their people to victory over the Blue Dragon.

Unbeknownst to all others, a select group of neutrals decided this tournament was the perfect place to stretch their legs and achieve their own goals.

The pieces were all in place. Everyone was coming together and this would be the deciding factor in the fate of Faebury and the Blue Dragon. Would they meet their defeat or would they be successful and rid of one of the plagues that scourge their land?

Signups:

1. Listo95
2. Xanjori
3. Lora
4. Kareemah
5. CWE
6. Psycho666Soldier
7. Badger
8. Clawsin
9. MTR
10. Mazer
11. Foxximcleod
12. Val the Moofia Boss
13. Blind "Alchemist" Ninja
14. Matthieu
15. FutureHold
16. LemonDemonGirl
17. morrison
18. DivaSmurf
19. Jarrod1983

Last edited:

Claws

Mastermind
Wasnt foxxi swaping to songbird? Hit me with the confusion ray again

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
And that is 16. I will leave signups up for a bit longer today, but the game could start this evening or tomorrow if everyone is down.

morrison

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
ahhhhhh fuck it, sign me up. was gonna sit out a bit since my participation these last few games wasn't stellar, but wanna try these other kinda game set up's. hopefully i don't botch it.

1. Listo95
2. Xanjori
3. Lora
4. Kareemah
5. CWE
6. Psycho666Soldier
7. Badger
8. Clawsin
9. MTR
10. Mazer
11. Foxximcleod
12. Val the Moofia Boss
14. Matthieu
15. FutureHold
16. LemonDemonGirl

DivaSmurf

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Hey I’d love to sign up.
1. Listo95
2. Xanjori
3. Lora
4. Kareemah
5. CWE
6. Psycho666Soldier
7. Badger
8. Clawsin
9. MTR
10. Mazer
11. Foxximcleod
12. Val the Moofia Boss
14. Matthieu
15. FutureHold
16. LemonDemonGirl

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Two more spots left. Signups will close by 1:00pm ET (about an hour). Might be slightly earlier if i get impatient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom