Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy 1st year of FOS

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
As 2023 winds down, wanted to say thank you to void. I know you've spent a lot of time and energy into getting a great set-up for us where we could blend communities and get back to consistently solid size mafia games with new people from different spots.

And spent a lot of time on getting a good set-up. Thanks Void.

As 2023 winds down, thought it might be fun to acknowledge some first year things.

We had 10 games on this site and11 if you count the previous iteration and X-men

1. X-Men: Dark Phoenix-Psych
1a. Throne of Suspicion-Vk
2. Wishes of Hogwarts-VK
3. Vanillatown 2- Psych
4. The Fall of FOS- vk
5. Throne of Destiny-vk
6. Heart of Cards-vk
7. Everyone Loves Listo Except the Devil-Mazer
8. The Palate Cleanser-Nightingale
9. Sega vs Nintendo: The Race for TNG-Psych
10. The LemonDemonGirl Saves Christmas from the Robot Devil and Jennifer Lawrence-Mazer

Any favorite games or highlights from this year?

For me, a couple of my favorites were X-Men, Vtown, Wishes of Hogwarts, and Palate Cleanser. All the games were good, and I enjoyed them all. Really liked playing a 3rd party in Xmen. And vanillatown, with no powers, is always something I enjoy. Because you can only get through on reads. I liked the way Palate Cleanser came together. There were some things that I didn't like about the game I ran right before, and foxxi did actually cleanse the palate. And the twist at the end frustrated me, even as it was completely lefit. Wishes of Hogwarts was a complex system. And any game Psych and I end up outing each other as separate mafia, and then set on it, is always going to score a bonus.

The best scum performances, for my money, were X-men (good scum victory) and Palate (tough early that they rallied back from-great deception).

Any favorite moments or superlatives for the year?

Also, just for conversation and reminiscing, there were also a few Rajah games this year:

WWF vs. WCW: Mafia Night War-Jarrod
21 Years of Badger: Enter the Badgerverse-Mazer

The Badgerverse was a personal game-running highlight

Nightingale

Administrator
I loved X-men, and am sad that it got eaten by the void. Cults suck. Mazer is sneaky and I should have stuck to my own reads vs what spreadsheeting badgerverse told me. Learned that lesson XD

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
The X-Men game was fun and great scum victory. Probably would have been better had someone not gotten modkilled. ;) Personally loved how Future gave us the info we need to confirm Mazer's wincon as the third party and we were able to get him and us to victory. Even if I completely fucking missed Mazer's hints that he knew I was scum....

The hogwarts game was crazy on so many levels and fun even if I died early. We got supreme Dumbledore later on. The double mod kill on two members of the house. crazy

Jarrod's wrestling game was fun even though I was frustrated with myself on that one. I really wanted to see if I could pull it off as the third party but alas it was not meant to be.

I struggled with the palate cleanser and the sega vs nintendo. But that is okay because I want to do different styles and what not to get better at mafia in general. They were both good games just a struggle for me personally.

as much fun as I have being scum with family it is also fun to not be scum and try to take everyone out lol. I mean we are not competative or anything. lol

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I loved X-men, and am sad that it got eaten by the void. Cults suck. Mazer is sneaky and I should have stuck to my own reads vs what spreadsheeting badgerverse told me. Learned that lesson XD
I learned mine in palate cleanser

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Oh man, my memory is getting too shit to have any specific moments I could call on a whim, but Hogwarts and Heart of Cards were two of my personal favorite games of the year. That and Jarrod's wrestling game. Loved that writeup style.

Mazer and Jarrod take the cake for my "Great Writeups/Themes" of the year. VK obvs the most prolific hoster.

Super stoked to be playing with you all though. You're all amazing. Yes, even you.

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
I've been less prolific/more selective this year with the games I can take on, so my highlights will be the games I took part in:

X-Men (accidentally triggering the largest number of town deaths in a single night)
Hogwarts (randing Hagrid and having everyone call for my head after I rezzed the wrong person)
The fall of FOS/Sockmafia
Sega vs Nintendo

Major props to all the gamerunners involved, and special thanks to Voidkitten for producing and hosting all this, and PsychoSoldier for forging the initial links between Rajah and MMO. I've felt like a flyweight mixing it up with heavyweights at times, but I'll be braver next year.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Should also give Psych the shoutout for getting the two groups together, and for some of the people like Night, void, blind ninja, claws who virtually trekked over to Rajah for the first game.

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
Oh yeah, meant to reply to this yesterday but got tied up with my game. Some of my moments off the top of my head. First off X-Men wasn’t a lowlight for me personally (nothing to do with Psycho whatsoever but got merked by scum (fair play to them) then got riled up by town needling my rep that I gave away too much and got myself modkilled.

Onto the good stuff though. After that Void’s Final Fantasy game with my custom-built Zorn and Thorn role. Was a ton of fun and a very tight finish if town (Dreyski was the closest by one word) guessing my yeet phrase. Also if I didn’t win my last game with Future, I was dead as the phrase words would have been bolder. Nail-biter.

As was Void’s Avatar game. If I hadn’t checked in one more time to help Pablo and Foxxi out, timezones nearly beat us as that lynch could have been overturned but we got it!

Also Mazer’s game where I quadruple clothesline voted Future D1. I knew scum were gonna kill me straight after (tbf had to use the power early as it was only for a short time IIRC) but it was still worth it! (Sorry Future, you’re like the new Randolph where most of my recent moments involve marking you!).

Hopefully this game I’m running will put me in the awards for next year lol. Been a while since I ran one but looking forward to getting back on the bike again that is modding.

Oh also, hope to also one day surviving and winning a Psycho game at the end lol. Been on my bucket list for a while, maybe this is the year!

Been a blast! :beer:

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Voidkitten may have been Scum of the Year.

There is a fierce early competition for 2024.

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
I’ll create my own trophy “Most accused though I was only scum once and most Voidkitten bulletholes inflicted” 2023 trophy winner. Sorry that might be some work for the engraver!

I’d like to thank the Academy….

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
My favorite role was getting to be a stump. Even if town completely ignored my evidence, it was still fun to be able to say whatever and not be worried about consequences. :lol:

Top Bottom