Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 14 - Quest for Mafia: So you want to be a Hero?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightingale

Administrator
It’s been three years since the great Baba Yaga cursed the Baron, and both his children Barnard and Elsa von Spielberg went missing. A parade of “Heroes” have come and gone since - brave souls who believed they could outsmart the curse and bring back the heirs to the barony. Each wannabe savior faced the challenges - and none were the match for the wicked Baba Yaga’s magic. How could they be? Pathetic little worms crawling out of the mud…ahem…

Our tale begins in the secluded hamlet of Spielburg with Sheriff Schultz Meistersson, whose last name sounded more like a failed German techno band than a lawman, and who had a rather unique approach to his job. He spent most of his time catching z's on his porch, leaving his diligent assistant, Otto von Goon, to handle the more important aspects of law enforcement. It was a masterclass in civic duty, or maybe just narcolepsy.

Amelia Appleberry, our matronly healer, lived just outside of town, probably to escape the harmonious snoring symphony orchestrated by the sheriff. She had a penchant for nurturing both plants and people, and her pet Pterry, a creature that could make paleontologists reconsider their career choices, nested in the rafters with all the grace of a low-budget CGI creation.

Zara, the magical goods shopkeeper and her familiar Damiano, had set up a bizarre emporium on the outskirts. Schultz, in a rare moment of alertness, struck a deal that essentially allowed Zara to sell her wares without too much bureaucratic hassle. Because why not add a touch of bureaucracy to a cursed village?

Shameen, the innkeeper, and his wife Shema provided a refuge for the tired heroes. Their inn became a hotspot for tales of woe and camaraderie, complete with Shameen's culinary delights and Shema’s strangely errotic performances. Yet, for all the quirks, Shameen's inn had become a haven for those seeking not only the thrill of breaking a curse but also a hearty meal that could potentially outshine the glow of a cursed sunset.

And as if Baba Yaga wasn’t enough, she had allies! Bats, a creature that fluttered ominously in the cursed skies, Eramus, the grumpy wizard and friend of Baba Yaga who probably needed a vacation, and Bonehead, the inanimate guardian of Baba Yaga's hut. These allies added an extra layer of absurdity to the already bizarre situation in Spielberg. The heroes faced not only the challenges set by Baba Yaga but also the dubious pleasure of dealing with a cast of characters straight out of a comically twisted fairy tale.

And now, a Hero with a swagger that gives the impression he'll be dead before nightfall has arrived. But who knows? Maybe he actually holds the key to breaking Baba Yaga's curse and turning Spielberg into something more exciting than a direct-to-DVD fairy tale…

• Editing of posts is forbidden.
  • Deleting posts is forbidden.
  • Declaring you have an action seen or unseen in the write up is forbidden. You may of course still share info. This forbids “my action is in the write up last night” or “my action was successful, but I don’t see it” and variances thereof. You MAY state if your action was or was not successful - as long as you do not imply if it is present in the write up or not.
  • You must use the vote function or I will not count your vote.
  • You do not need to unvote before casting a new vote.
  • This game is majority yeet only.
  • This game requires discord, all action submissions, correspondence with the moderator, and role cards will be handled through private channels in this server:
  • https://discord.gg/V3hQEYaZW2
  • Once dead you may only post in the provided dead channel unless you are given instructions from the moderator otherwise.
  • I am a bastard mod. Any game I run may, or may not include bastard elements.
  • Quoting/Screenshotting/using anything provided by the moderator as evidence is forbidden.
  • No discussing this game outside of this thread or provided channels.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
1. MTR
2. Badger
3. FutureHold (don’t forget it)
4. Val the Moofia Boss
7. Xanjori
13. Morrison

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
1. MTR
2. Badger
4. Val the Moofia Boss
5. CWE
7. Xanjori
13. Morrison

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
1. MTR
2. Badger
4. Val the Moofia Boss
5. CWE
7. Xanjori
10.Mazer
13. Morrison

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I can sub for it looks like there is a sub deficit lately. If you need me to troll some in early game you can sign me. I am shre you can find enough players.

Claws

Mastermind
1. MTR
2. Badger
4. Val the Moofia Boss
5. CWE
7. Xanjori
10.Mazer
11.swalc
13. Morrison

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Is this the same Heroquest that was a gateway for so many 90’s teenagers to the world of 40K?

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
1709558810702.jpeg
It says Milton Bradley but I think Games Workshop had some involvement. They certainly did with Advanced Heroquest.

Nightingale

Administrator
IMG_2210.jpeg

Dunno if that was connected or not? It may be why they changed the title to "quest for glory" as caito was saying in discord the other day perhaps.

Claws

Mastermind
i wanna be the dragon that fool with a broken sword looks like lunch

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
1. MTR
2. Badger
4. Val the Moofia Boss
5. CWE