Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 14: Quest for Mafia - So you want to be a Hero?

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
Damn really sorry to lose Listo but at least he gave us scum. Bit shocked Insaner went unless the serial killer got him. Lot to unpack there.

I’m going out shortly but will re-read later when I have time to process this properly. Also we should use full time to let quests get in and so on.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Like assumedly if it is the serial killer, then they are picking their targets to stop town finding out more info as CWE and Insaner. Whoever the serial killer is, they’ve got a sharp mind for sure.

Will look more later.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
BN accusing Claws of possibly being 3rd party pings me slightly. This doesn’t strike as chaotic Claws who I have as town.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Gonna have to be real quick:

Insaner (serial killer could’ve got him tbf. Lack of flip makes difficult.
Dreyski for the MTR stuff
Tildey just because she is clever
BN

More confident in the rest being town. Will expand more later.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
One final thought before heading out. Though yeeting scum is obv important, I think getting rid of/working out serial killer might just be a bit more important in this phase because they’re obviously doing damage. Definitely take our time this phase either way.

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Two cannibal/janitor kills - I didn't expect that in the game. I presume one is for our 3p. Shame Listo also went as I'd have been cleared.

In my defence last day phase, Listo revealing having dees happened after I went to bed. I can screenshot if you want. Add in me doing the close-up shift the next day and getting home at 6pm, and the phase had ended (sooner than I would have liked, but reading back I understood)
And I said what I said about MTR, and I stand by it. I just didn't know Listo had dees at that point.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Okay will take that into consideration Dreyski. 👍

Will catch y’all later.

Claws

Mastermind
Two cannibal/janitor kills - I didn't expect that in the game. I presume one is for our 3p. Shame Listo also went as I'd have been cleared.

In my defence last day phase, Listo revealing having dees happened after I went to bed. I can screenshot if you want. Add in me doing the close-up shift the next day and getting home at 6pm, and the phase had ended (sooner than I would have liked, but reading back I understood)
And I said what I said about MTR, and I stand by it. I just didn't know Listo had dees at that point.
Whos in your poe

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Damn they got my buddy

I honestly think he was town and they're just trying to sow confusion

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Badger's theory that 3rd party has a kill might be the way. Because two cannibal kills and a double kill honestly seems pretty fucking OP. Maybe the 3rd party has something too?

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Im almost 100% claws is town. Only pause would be if he's 3p. His 3p play is similar to his town play.

BN accusing Claws of possibly being 3rd party pings me slightly. This doesn’t strike as chaotic Claws who I have as town.
I didnt accuse him of being 3p.

Said, as above, almost 100% he is town. Only reason I dont have him at 100%, is because we have a 3p and Claws' 3p play is similar to his town play. Thats more tinfoil then an accusation.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Not knowing the numbers isn't great. I'm going to see if I have time to do an ISO. If not, I'll get back on tonight and do it. Because there's a possibility that the numbers aren't great.

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Whos in your poe
If Badger's right about our 3p being a SK, that blows things wide open:
I have you and Badger as town
I'm townreading Mazer
Xan & Future as potential 3p

POE Tildey, BN. If there's 4 mafiosi (mafiosa?), upgrade one of the middle group. It would be wild if the entire house of MTR was scum, but the chances? By my flawed maths, 1 in 546.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I think Future is town not worried about his last minute vote. He was trying to make sure we got the yeet in.

Looks like we may have a 3p

CWE town looks like some info that he is using to come up with his vote.

Insaner and Xan both coming off town to me as well even if they are pointing fingers at each other but then I have to go back to what kind of info does CWE have that pointed him to Insaner. Only thing I don't like about them is that they both have me in their POE.
Here's some reads from before mtr is feeling too pressured.

Defends Future. Safe observation. States the obvious about cwe. Then does either a placating post or has a goal for Insaner.

Fair enough. I am don't quite have a POE yet as I am still working though some thoughts as I read though things again.
Delays a lot during these phases. This is an example.

Yeah I do worry about scum taking advantage of the back and forth you are having.

So I tend to put claws and Tildey in the middle because I have gotten fooled by them both and I am bad about tunnelling so I tend to wait and see if anyone gets anything that really points a finger at them.

I can get on board with the rest of your POE for now at least as we are still early in solving.
Middle reads for claws (an obvious town by this point) and Tildey.
Yeah I saw the score. Blackburn needs some wins in a bad way.

I am also playing catch up after the wrestling show last night. It was late and getting ready for night 2 which starts early afternoon.
He was legitimately busy I guess, but you'd also have to wonder if this is where they are coordinating strategy.

Of course you are :rolleyes:

Meh. I have given reads and try to solve stuff. Not post weird riddles
Some back and forth with claws and CWE that happened earlier.

Okay. Sorry I was not around last night. Let me start working my way through things and responding to stuff and giving some thoughts along the way

Hate not getting a flip especially when there is not a ton of info going around. Guessing this was some sort of cannibal kill which I think others have already said as I did a quick scroll.
Lol. Guess he knew about that kill.

Not a fan of this vote and then people jumping on it rather quickly.

I had said I didn't plan on sticking with my Future vote and was all for making sure we got a yeet off.

My placement on the train was because I went a chunk of time off line and when I got back the votes had swung they way they had. Had I been online earlier I would have been on the train in an earlier place.

Barking up the wrong tree.
Defends his train place, so there might be something there. Wondering if the team decided to move together late on that vote?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
:lol: What is the ratio when I am scum to when I am not? I nap a fucking lot. Feel like that is NAI
Again, mtr did a lot of stall posts for someone who "did not have time". Which leads me to believe that there was probably a decent amount of scum chat coordination going on.

Or how about anyone else? Everyone always wants to see what the other house members think of each other.

Tildey and I are getting to the point it is hard to read each other and have both said so.
Kind of punts on the House reads here.

I mean I guess I can see why the his voting looks bad but I think his late hammer on Morrison was just him trying to make sure we get the yeet off because of how late it was in the day much like me in the last game on day one. I am currently reading him as town despite my vote on him D1. That was just our normal banterAnothe
Another defense of Future's vote. Defends the banter.
You just like to kill me every game even when we are scum together. You are biased. :lol:

Any lack of participation over the weekend was just life. I went to wrestling shows both nights and then tried to squeeze in my normal weekly weekend chores in around that.

When I get straight out caught I start to shit post.
Claws calls him out on the amount of nothing posts, and he goes to defense.

Okay not done going through stuff but got to get shit done at work. Back with more and reads later.

Lots of stuff. I will let you know. ;)

I think I did give my reads while responding to stuff at this point. Losing track trying to catch up and respond and work.

Hey look Ma....it's another distraction.

with only 3 of us playing I feel that increases chance of us all being town which has happened and leaning that way currently
Hey look Ma....it's another House defense.

I don't think so. I could be wrong but I don't think so. So let me think about this game. I can only remember only napping once so far so guess that should tell you that I am town. :)

Seriously though. Not scum and not a fan of the quick pile on that happened to start this phase just based on my vote on D1. Makes me feel like at least one of the three on me today is scum.
Looking back - The first 3 on him were listo, claws, and badger. So if we're right about claws and Badger, this means he was throwing shade at 3 townies.

At the start of every game a lot of banter calling each other scum but as the game goes that dies down as we just try to play and solve the game.
Defends Future.

I would like to see this break down. There are only three of us playing and even a small game there is a good chance we could all be town. I feel like there is a less chance of us more than one of us or all three of us being scum. I will say there is a good chance one is scum and two are town. But not thinking that currently. But is not mathematically impossible for us to all be town this game.

When more of us playing that increases the chances of at least one of us being scum since there is more of us and that typically happens. There have been games when most of us are playing and hardly any of us were town. I think there was a game that lots of us were playing and only one was town.
And now we're going to debate math. But still reiterates that he believes all are clean, but if not all, he feels good about two.

Okay. I am still reading Xan and Insaner as town.

I am pretty sure one person on my train is scum. I have trouble reading claws as I have stated a lot because has fooled me too many times when I was convinced he was town and he was scum. Badger has seemed to have some opportunistic voting at times during these early phases. So not ready to vote one person of this train yet plus you guys would just call it OMGUS anyway. But if I get yeeted today look at these early votes.

I am still kind of neutral on others until I can read and try to put more thoughts together.

Not going to lie that the write ups are just making my head hurt and making it hard for me to try to get a feel for what is going on and I get that is the point of them to make it not easy to solve. Doesn't seem like we are getting much in the way of info either from people's results so definitely hard to snuff out the scum.
Town reads Xan and Insaner. AGAIN says at least one person on his train is suss, and tries to go for a push on claws again.

Keeps the rest neutral.

Yeah it is not mathmatically impossible. I mean yeah you can look into probabilities but there is not a probability that says we can't all be town even in a game this small. Yes it is typically a mix anytime we play but I am pretty sure we have had all town games.

More random math debate.

You're reasoning for voting me is weak. I have been responding to questions and I have given reads. I don't have any info to share and I am struggling with this write up like a lot of people are. What more do you exactly want from me? Or are you just using listo starting a train on me to kill MTR because you like to kill the house every game?
Goes back at Claws here again. Interesting that the focus is not just on him, still mentioning the House.

Curious what kind of info.

Just getting back on line after work and starting to go back through things
Now this is where things pivot because Listo's dees comes out.

I have been completely convinced he was town when he was scum more than once so yeah I don't even try to read him anymore especially early in the game. I have stated this in like multiple games

Fair point. He really can't share. Wasn't really asking him to either though. Just saying I am curious since he is wrong.

Still trying to defend here.
I love you too.
Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

Maybe. Maybe not

Sesame Street Idk GIF

And this is the give up point.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Some thoughts:
  • Mtr was actually defending until listo called dees.
  • He went directly at people we either think or know are town. He was most aggressive on claws. Claws should be pretty much town locked at this point. Claws has also been targeted for cheap lynches before.
  • I think the above backs up my theory that he was stalling to discuss tactics.
  • He was defending the House very consistently. Some intermediate for Tildey. Very direct for Future.
  • You can see the point he gives up.

Here's the morrison vote train

8 - Morri: BN(346), listo(347), Insaner(349), Tildey(351), Badger(355), Claws(357), MTR(368), future(377)
2 - Future: pups(68), Val(268)
1 - Sleep: Mazer(375)
1 - Listo: Drey(316)
1 - Xanjori: CWE(205)

Not Voting: Morrison, Xanjori(240)

7 - Val: future(410), Insaner(991), Xan(1003), Badger(1008), BN(1079), Tildey(1121), Mazer(1122)
1 - MTR: Listo(894)
1 - Xan: Val(558)
1 - Mazer: CWE(958)
1 - Insaner: Claws(1097)

Not currently Voting: Dreyski, MTR

I thought it would be interesting to see who had 2 bad votes. It seems at least a possibility that there is at least one scum in there.

Future is in a very unique position of starting the Val train (as he ever started a train that wasn't mtr?), and a late hammer on the morri train.

Insaner is in an early position on both trains.

Badger is hanging out in the middle. It could be seen as around the tipping point to get Val over, I guess. Again, meta read town.

Blind Ninja is early morri (which in fairness is pretty much his day 1 default), and in a momentum building moment on Val.

Tildey came in near the middle of Morri. I read as her as having good questions. She's smart though. I don't know how much the Val lynch was in doubt by the time she voted, with two no-voters and me still having not voted at that point.

I'm a little worried that I want to town read future, because I felt bad for him being trapped in the Shark cage last game. But it's folly to ignore the tangible events. @MTR and @Tildey, what are your current future reads?

This was my post yesterday about votes.

To update:

8 - Morri: BN(346), listo(347), Insaner(349), Tildey(351), Badger(355), Claws(357), MTR(368), future(377)

7 - Val: future(410), Insaner(991), Xan(1003), Badger(1008), BN(1079), Tildey(1121), Mazer(1122)

6 - MTR: listo(1137), Badger(1144), Claws(1435), Mazer(1396), Tildey(1459), Insaner(1497)
1 - Tildey: Dreyski(1281)
1 - Insaner: Xanjori(1473)

Not Currently Voting: BlindNinja, Futurehold, MTR

Yesterday I did not love several votes. And now we have a food data point. On the 6 who voted for mtr, we have listo, 2 I feel good about, me, then Tildey and Insaner.

Dreyski's vote may be dependent on Tildey.

I don't love anyone who was holding off. BN did say that he was willing to vote, but held off for the quests, I guess? And then Insaner closed? I still don't love it. There is a pattern here though.

There's a distinct pattern there where Future has been on EVERY bad vote, voted for mtr when it meant nothing, and then did not vote during the initial push or even after the dees came out. This almost strikes me as oversimple, but damn there's a distinct thread through mtr's posts and future's votes.

I would love to get everyone's reads on this, and for Future to have a chance to check in on yesterday.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I didn’t expect it either.

Can you clarify how Listo là till being alive would have cleared you?

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Damn they got my buddy

I honestly think he was town and they're just trying to sow confusion
I’ve had him read as town pretty steady also. I wanted to be able to ask him about his hammer post today, though. I want to know why he was so confident in mtr’s role - especially with him turning out to be right. I had to go back and check and we only saw that character act on N1. I guess it’s moot now - but my brain is going to be itchy until the game is over and I can find out.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Some thoughts:
  • Mtr was actually defending until listo called dees.
  • He went directly at people we either think or know are town. He was most aggressive on claws. Claws should be pretty much town locked at this point. Claws has also been targeted for cheap lynches before.
  • I think the above backs up my theory that he was stalling to discuss tactics.
  • He was defending the House very consistently. Some intermediate for Tildey. Very direct for Future.
  • You can see the point he gives up.

This was my post yesterday about votes.

To update:

6 - MTR: listo(1137), Badger(1144), Claws(1435), Mazer(1396), Tildey(1459), Insaner(1497)
1 - Tildey: Dreyski(1281)
1 - Insaner: Xanjori(1473)

Not Currently Voting: BlindNinja, Futurehold, MTR

Yesterday I did not love several votes. And now we have a food data point. On the 6 who voted for mtr, we have listo, 2 I feel good about, me, then Tildey and Insaner.

Dreyski's vote may be dependent on Tildey.

I don't love anyone who was holding off. BN did say that he was willing to vote, but held off for the quests, I guess? And then Insaner closed? I still don't love it. There is a pattern here though.

There's a distinct pattern there where Future has been on EVERY bad vote, voted for mtr when it meant nothing, and then did not vote during the initial push or even after the dees came out. This almost strikes me as oversimple, but damn there's a distinct thread through mtr's posts and future's votes.

I would love to get everyone's reads on this, and for Future to have a chance to check in on yesterday.
I knew something was bothering me about some of MTR’s posts but couldn’t put my finger on it until your put all of those together. It was the consistent firm defense of Future. But not defending him for post content or activity or even style. Just basically for vibes or because “hey guys, Future’s just playing how I’m playing and I’m totally town.”

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
For example maybe your the one that hides info from read up /shrug
Night’s Shroud - No scum actions will show in story write ups, with the exception of successful kills, and a random number of town actions each night will be hidden. Additionally, the targets of scum actions will not be revealed on death.
You mean the fact that its something that we've had all game?

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
I knew something was bothering me about some of MTR’s posts but couldn’t put my finger on it until your put all of those together. It was the consistent firm defense of Future. But not defending him for post content or activity or even style. Just basically for vibes or because “hey guys, Future’s just playing how I’m playing and I’m totally town.”
Kinda convenient to say "I didnt notice til someone posted them all together"

Yesterday both Future and Tildey didnt weigh in. Tildey votedd after deets revealed. Future more or less MIA.

These 2 plus drey wouldd be my PoE today.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Trying to wrap my head around the 2 cannibal/janitor kills.

Also trying to figure out who the 3p is, but failing hard there. My thoughts on it are tinfoil towards you Claws... or someone trying to not make waves.

Claws

Mastermind
Its not me i am 1 of 4 that visted listo you are 2/4 badger is 3/4 and future is 4/4

Claws

Mastermind
Im leaning future did the kill but id like to hear from badger why he picked listo

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I didnt accuse him of being 3p.

Said, as above, almost 100% he is town. Only reason I dont have him at 100%, is because we have a 3p and Claws' 3p play is similar to his town play. Thats more tinfoil then an accusation.
You said at a point when Claws was being townread, it could be 3p or town Claws at a point where he was being townread.

This is like late night thoughts and maybe it was an innocent comment but given last night’s events and I haven’t seen anything that pings me as you being town other than complaining about Insaner, shots being fired at you, moaning about activity…I currently question. This is off the cuff though so will look later along with others when I get done with my shift tomorrow.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I did like Dreyski’s response earlier so a bit more confident there at the moment.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Vote: Tildey

I need a vote on record, Imma start with a lil bit of pressure here

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Speaking of Xan, lower down on POE as not addressed him yet as do feel good. That whole openwolf thing with Insaner…gives me pause.

Openwolf is such an easy maybe lazy thing to say…”Nah we’re taking the piss honest”…gives me more food for thought. Openwolf is such a boring thing…at least Psycho is funny when he does it.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Saying that after I posted it…Tildey vote is intriguing as not entirely buying her “Oh struggling to read MTR” shtick when he’s flipped. It smeeeellllss!

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
@Mazer when you have time, would love to hear what you think about my thoughts.

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
I didn’t expect it either.

Can you clarify how Listo là till being alive would have cleared you?
According to his will, I was his target for N3. Assuming he had a more gold-expensive 'amp power', not unreasonable to imagine he could have had an x2 on any of his actions.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I would assume the person coming forth saying X number of people visited someone wouldnt be the killer either.
I don’t like this just now. Maybe I’m reading it wrong but seems a bit mechanical and not much working out who is who.

Could be harsh but yeah this pings me a bit.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
I don’t like this just now. Maybe I’m reading it wrong but seems a bit mechanical and not much working out who is who.

Could be harsh but yeah this pings me a bit.
Im saying I dont think claws is the killer of the 4 ppl visiting. He called out that 4 showed up at listo's. It was in response to saying "it wasnt me"

Sure its a little mechanical. But it also furthered my read of him being more then likely town.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Im saying I dont think claws is the killer of the 4 ppl visiting. He called out that 4 showed up at listo's. It was in response to saying "it wasnt me"

Sure its a little mechanical. But it also furthered my read of him being more then likely town.
Okay I shall sleep on this. 👍

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
@Mazer when you have time, would love to hear what you think about my thoughts.
Which ones? Because I just went through a lot of spelling things out.

Right now, claws has future visiting listo and he has the worst voting history.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Which ones? Because I just went through a lot of spelling things out.

Right now, claws has future visiting listo and he has the worst voting history.
You’ll have to read through but gist is BN, Insaner, Tildey, Dreyski sus in POE (although liked the latter). Questioning Xan/BN openwolfing and BN saying Claws may be 3p earlier.

In a nutshell.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Like....let's not ignore the other people, but claws dees has already been confirmed.

Feels like we should probably pay attention and vet that out.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
EBWOP liked the latter in Dreyski after his responses in this phase.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Like....let's not ignore the other people, but claws dees has already been confirmed.

Feels like we should probably pay attention and vet that out.
Indeed.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
You’ll have to read through but gist is BN, Insaner, Tildey, Dreyski sus in POE (although liked the latter). Questioning Xan/BN openwolfing and BN saying Claws may be 3p earlier.

In a nutshell.

Why are you clearing future ?

I think that there's only a small chance that mtr's references were not part of his pattern. I think there's at least one scum between future and Tildey.

I do not like blind Ninja’s votes. The 3rd party thing I'm less clear on?

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Why are you clearing future ?

I think that there's only a small chance that mtr's references were not part of his pattern. I think there's at least one scum between future and Tildey.

I do not like blind Ninja’s votes. The 3rd party thing I'm less clear on?
Sorry I should address my little brother more.

Big Bro is not clearing him….he is literally 50/50 right now which is why I’ve not pigeonholed him like others at this point. Some early stuff disliked and want to RKO him before Caito…other stuff deserves a Badger bigbrohug

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Essentially mini Badger needs to speak up a bit more then big Badger will decide. 👍

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
According to his will, I was his target for N3. Assuming he had a more gold-expensive 'amp power', not unreasonable to imagine he could have had an x2 on any of his actions.
:facepalm: skimming from my phone I missed his will.

So with that info (that Listo targeted you) did you perform any actions last night? (I’m trying to make sense of the results I received).

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Sorry @Mazer I had ForgottenHold about FutureHold.

Please forgive me xx

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Sorry I should address my little brother more.

Big Bro is not clearing him….he is literally 50/50 right now which is why I’ve not pigeonholed him like others at this point. Some early stuff disliked and want to RKO him before Caito…other stuff deserves a Badger bigbrohug
Do you feel like I've pigeon holed?

Am I misreading mtr?

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Well interesting response is all I’ll say at this point.
Was in response to Drey pinging Claws, You, Future and myself... assumed he meant out of that grp, who would I lynch or not lynch.

Personally my POE is Future, Tildey and Drey. Feel like we will find at least 1, maybe 2 scum here.

Claws

Mastermind
My other thought is do scum team pool gold or only get indivual gold like i asdume town does

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Was in response to Drey pinging Claws, You, Future and myself... assumed he meant out of that grp, who would I lynch or not lynch.

Personally my POE is Future, Tildey and Drey. Feel like we will find at least 1, maybe 2 scum here.
Oh ok then.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
A scum Strongman and Serial Killer Cannibal is a dangerous combination. Still think the Cannibal thing need to figure out first.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
We also though have to take into account…the “I’m a bastard mod” disclaimer. Tildey mentioned a purple Zera character.

Top Bottom