Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 14: Quest for Mafia - So you want to be a Hero?

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
If all three House are scum/non-town then….well that is just plain rude/evil!!

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I am trying to channel a Psycho town energy but yeah he’s more wordy than me at these Psychoanalyses questioning/breakdown posters kinda thing.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Xan…lean town but want to hear more.
It was that thought back to her over explained vote d1 and someone mentioning how shes good at catching MTR. She was in my original poe if you remember and it was talking to Saner that convinced me otherwise.

But now Saner is a devoured corpse and i get to devour his TRs...

I mean...

Na i just want to pressure and see if she can post her way out of my poe

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
It was that thought back to her over explained vote d1 and someone mentioning how shes good at catching MTR. She was in my original poe if you remember and it was talking to Saner that convinced me otherwise.

But now Saner is a devoured corpse and i get to devour his TRs...

I mean...

Na i just want to pressure and see if she can post her way out of my poe
Same goes for me. Let’s see what she says.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Also @Xanjori what’s your real thoughts on Insaner openwolf aside?
Honestly I dont know, i do think if he was wolf he wouldnt have pushed so hard on certain players after the info. And we think an SK ate him? So wolves wouldn't know we'd never see his flip

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Honestly I dont know, i do think if he was wolf he wouldnt have pushed so hard on certain players after the info. And we think an SK ate him? So wolves wouldn't know we'd never see his flip
Yeah, although 50/50 on the CWE interaction. One was 90% sure but backed down. It’s a tricky one.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Probably harsh…he tried to help with his puzzle. 👍

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
FYI, I won’t be around until after work today. I have a packed schedule so I won’t be able to keep up with reading and to do any real processing I need to have my laptop, not my phone.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Okay caught between two…I may change if she talks tonight but for now just gonna slap my gut vote down which may change later. Just wanna get a vote on board just now….
Vote: Tildey

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Essentially having trouble on that “not having a clue on MTR” thing at the moment but perhaps she’ll elaborate. Currently a sticking point for me.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I don't hate the Tildey vote. The logic is sound and I feel good that mtr had an agenda yesterday. And Xan is at least in my middle, and Badger seems good.

I think two trains make sense to gauge reactions. Because Tildey and Future are both in my POE I'm ok with this to start. If claws is right (and there seems at least an ok chance he is), then the kill today is probably pretty important.

I did not want to ramrod future, but I've given him time. He was mtr's most defended person the entire run, and he is on two bad trains and avoided a vote on mtr (way out of character). He has my highest probability.

Vote: future

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I can definitely see the logic of two trains. 👍

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Basically a thunderdome unless there’s a third option anyone wants to throw out. 👍

Claws

Mastermind
I dislike the tildey vote over future at least shes done stuff and i cant even remebr futures last post

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I dislike this post as i feel it may spread town too thin and we will not get a lynch
I think you might have misunderstood slightly. Yes I fully realise we have to converge on one train but I believe what Mazer is trying to say is start two trains (I only said third as a potential) and see who flocks where.

Eventually I’m sure an agreement can be reached. Just be patient.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
However I am but a fair man so shall ask you @Claws

If we were to do one train, who do you think it should be?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Its majority vote so we are better sticking to one train
I agree that we need to be careful. We need to make a good decision.

You and I feel most confident on Future (it's interesting that nobody has even tried to counter the points I've made there), and given the combination of night action and mtr, to me that does feel the most likely. I do think we need to get people on record on what it is the best choice.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him

You and I feel most confident on Future (it's interesting that nobody has even tried to counter the points I've made there), and given the combination of night action and mtr, to me that does feel the most likely. I do think we need to get people on record on what it is the best choice.
The only real drawback on Future I can possibly think of he is town and Tildey is telling the truth that he has improved his town tells. Of course they could be in it together.

BN is my current number three but yeah best not to have too many trains I guess. 👍

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
We definitely need to hear more from both parties though.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
EBWOP to drawback post. Tildey could also be non-town telling the truth about a town Future. As I said at the outset of this phase though, I may change for when we converge to one train.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
The only real drawback on Future I can possibly think of he is town and Tildey is telling the truth that he has improved his town tells. Of course they could be in it together.

BN is my current number three but yeah best not to have too many trains I guess. 👍
I'm reading this as you saying the drawback on future is that tildey (who you think is scum) thinks his town tells have gotten better?

I would have been closer on this, but claws saw Future as one of the people who visited Listo last night. And we definitely know who mtr was.

Admittedly, I read through all mtr's posts, and because of that I'm also reading heavy on his biggest pattern.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I'm reading this as you saying the drawback on future is that tildey (who you think is scum) thinks his town tells have gotten better?

I would have been closer on this, but claws saw Future as one of the people who visited Listo last night. And we definitely know who mtr was.

Admittedly, I read through all mtr's posts, and because of that I'm also reading heavy on his biggest pattern.
Okay. I understand better now. :yes:

I’ll hitch onto this.

Vote: Future

But yeah let’s not rush this as we still need to hear from both.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
L-2 so yeah let’s cool for the time being.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
After thinking about it while I was out, feel Future might be the way to go.

Bad vote record, Defended by known scum, visited the dead last night. Tildey saying he's improved his town tells, but what has he done this phase and last? Feels more like his scum tells of being a bit overwhelmed and not wanting to talk for fear of getting caught.

Since we are in a pivotal time, going to hold my vote to allow people to talk.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Unvote:

Vote: Badger

The time for pretending is over, now to actually wolf hunt

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Fucking Insaner not flipping is a real big deal for Tildeys alignment, I feel like if he was W I'd really wanna vote only Tildey here.

I will give Forgotten was starting off the Val CW to MTR on D2

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
See? Quoted it twice for the two swimming pools!

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I feel like this could be a day I cast my vote late, people busy today and I dont see any need to rush things.

Id like people to start presenting some solid reads though, your towns and your POE

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Does MTR open his D1 vote on his partner?
If he always votes Future D1, then all of a sudden doesnt do it this game, that would be another point... Hard to take people doing tradition votes too seriously on their 1st one of the game.

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
If Badger's right about our 3p being a SK, that blows things wide open:
I have you and Badger as town
I'm townreading Mazer
Xan & Future as potential 3p

POE Tildey, BN. If there's 4 mafiosi (mafiosa?), upgrade one of the middle group. It would be wild if the entire house of MTR was scum, but the chances? By my flawed maths, 1 in 546.
I'd like to revise a couple of my reads - I'm downgrading Badger to townreading, only because he's not confirmed. And Future is now POE.
Not going to vote just yet while I check the count

Claws

Mastermind

Why counter someone whos done nothing id rather a spicy badger or bn over tildey however maybe the whole house is scummy

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I’ve been a little busy, but I don’t think Tildey and I are scum. I believe we are both town.

If I was to pick someone as possibly scum, I would probably go for Badger because he keeps badgering me

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I’ve been a little busy, but I don’t think Tildey and I are scum. I believe we are both town.

If I was to pick someone as possibly scum, I would probably go for Badger because he keeps badgering me
Well D1 I did maybe, then tried to give you a chance. Now I’m gonna have to RKO you…again!

Oh little bro…

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Why counter someone whos done nothing id rather a spicy badger or bn over tildey however maybe the whole house is scummy
This one….

I’ll just swat on the back of the head with a rolled up newspaper and maybe a bit late feeding him Felix cat food.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Vote: Mazer

I dunno, no one has voted for you all game it feels. I cant have you feeling left out

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Although…there’s loads of different angles you can hit the Diamond Cutter from too. Almost from like anywhere.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Then QT Marshall started using it…yeah.

The moveth not maketh the man. The man (DDP) maketh the Diamond Cutter moveth famouth!!!!

Sorry, that just sounds like Sylvester lol.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker

Well, he did vote for every town lynch, not vote for mtr's lynch (even though he loves voting mtr), was one of the people you saw visiting listo, etc.

Those were a few somethings I guess.

Tildey is POE. Definitely. I wouldn't do a random random train to be "spicy".

If there's better probability arguments out there, there might be something I've missed, because at this point I think we need the shot that checks the most boxes.

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Well, he did vote for every town lynch, not vote for mtr's lynch (even though he loves voting mtr), was one of the people you saw visiting listo, etc.

Those were a few somethings I guess.

Tildey is POE. Definitely. I wouldn't do a random random train to be "spicy".

If there's better probability arguments out there, there might be something I've missed, because at this point I think we need the shot that checks the most boxes.
This looks so bad but it’s so weird to suggest that I’m still town

I had Val as a scum read D1, followed through with D2, meant to change the vote but didn’t. D1, I already explained. D3, I’ll be honest I stopped paying attention to the thread. But my visit to Listo was not the kill.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
First stop, I wanted to revisit the write up because I only skimmed it on my phone.

The ogre Otto stood at high alert for even the most subtle movements, sensing even the vibrations of the air. It was a little known talent of Ogres - though maybe it wouldn’t be if people stopped assuming they were nothing but dumb pummeling monsters.

All the excitement made poor old Schultz exhausted, so he decided to turn in early. He fluffed his pillow and settled down, promising to get back into the action tomorrow.

I seem to remember Insaner (maybe?) speculating that CWE was Schultz. Clearly that can't be the case.

Bats fluttered around, he spotted Insaner and his little tiny bat stomach growled. He swooped down and in a scene that more closely resembled a cartoon piranha attack, Insaner was gone.
Insaner has been eaten as a snack. He was ???
Insaner’s will: ???

With Bats showing as red that makes me think that Insaner was the mafia kill. It seems crazy that they would be able to perform two kills that keeps the target from flipping, though.

With a boing and a sproing the Antwerp bounced even closer to town.
Listo has collapsed dead. He was the “Hero” - town joat
Listo’s will:
N1 - no target
N2 - MTR
N3 - dreyski

Leaving me to think that Listo's death was likely from another source. I'm not necessarily sold on it being from the yellow 3p, though. Antwerp is shown as moving "closer to town."

In the center of town the Hero meandered doing Hero things one moment, and then the next he fell over into the mud and stopped moving. “Huh, he lasted a whole two days longer than I’d expected.” Someone nearby mumbled, and with a shake of their head, continued on with their own business.

I also notice this tidbit, though. "Two days longer than I'd expected." Could he have been poisoned on N1 and we just didn't see it in the write up? But usually at least the poisoner knows they've been poisoned, right? Why wouldn't he have said anything?

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I agree on the fact he would’ve said something in the result of a poison.

Well if it’s not a Mafia kill (if they killed Insaner) nor an SK kill on Listo…then the only thing that might make sense if his death not being caused by someone targeting him…but maybe he picked the wrong target and they had something on them to trigger his death.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I didn't play that game. What does this mean?
Teela was my role in a He-Man game. I was on the yellow scum team but I didn’t know my partners were but they knew me. They could do things like essentially control my votes, give commands and stuff. It was like a sickness. If the right person found me I’d be town completely otherwise stay yellow scum.

I honestly did try to townside to begin with before the shenanigans of fooling Mazer and going down the scum path because wasn’t confident I was going to be found and made town.

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Look, I don’t know why anyone else visited Listo. We can assume Claws was hoping to catch scum and he’s got the wrong conclusion on me. Based on my role and the write up, I know my action failed. Considering it still has me visiting Listo, it wasn’t a role block.

If my action succeeded, then I would still be looking like green broccoli

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
There’s 3 people here, Badger, BN, and me, one of us is most likely scum

Although the Listo death suggests a poison and maybe any actions we did were all in vain

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Any particular reason or is this just OMGUS again?
Between you and BN, I pick you. BN has the better town vibes than you right now. Other than your D1 approach. I would love to point out that your switch from MTR to Val seemed to be at an opportune point. You were one of the middle Val votes. Same thing for the Morrison vote, changing from me to Morrison and being in the middle.

While my MTR vote wasn’t opportune, let’s not act like I’m the only one who was in the wrong trains the first 2 days.

As for D3, BN also didn’t vote, so I’m not alone in that boat either.

It’s also noteworthy that BN hopped on the Val train immediately after your vote and cemented that train in other words. Which would be a knock against BN tbh.

But BN kickstarting the Morrison train D1 isn’t suspicious to me because BN going after inactives is so NAI, it doesn’t matter.

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I was the last vote on Morrison the ensure that we got a hammer.

I was the first vote on Val because Val was a suspicion I had D1

I didn’t vote MTR because I went MIA. I don’t care if MTR built me up as the Monday Night Messiah but I’m not his scum buddy

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Okay I had to check if I was allowed to say this. I cannot go into further detail but I can say I did visit Listo last night.

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Based on voting, placement is what matters to me. It seems like all 3 of us got the wrong D1 and D2 trains. You hit the right D3 train while BN and I did not and the only thing going against me is MTR building me up for some reason

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Between you and BN, I pick you. BN has the better town vibes than you right now. Other than your D1 approach. I would love to point out that your switch from MTR to Val seemed to be at an opportune point. You were one of the middle Val votes. Same thing for the Morrison vote, changing from me to Morrison and being in the middle.

While my MTR vote wasn’t opportune, let’s not act like I’m the only one who was in the wrong trains the first 2 days.

It’s also noteworthy that BN hopped on the Val train immediately after your vote and cemented that train in other words. Which would be a knock against BN tbh.

But BN kickstarting the Morrison train D1 isn’t suspicious to me because BN going after inactives is so NAI, it doesn’t matter.
The Val vote does look bad and was wondering if that would be brought up. We were stuck for options.

Voting you was a D1 feel. Switching to Morrison, he wasn’t contributing.

They were both dead weight essentially. It wasn’t opportune.

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
My action was not successful.
That’s interesting. Both of our actions failed. It’s possible one of us is lying. But if we assume we both tell the truth

Either there is something about Listo that caused the action to fail or something about the kill that caused our action to fail

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Looking back, Insaner seemed to have thought BN was scum

I know killing your loudest opponents is sus, but we have seen it happen as a deception or misdirection tactic before

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
If we’re both telling the truth, then Listo as I theorised may have triggered his own death somehow. Or Tildey’s misreading the Antwerp flavour or something.

It’s a headscratcher.

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
If we’re both telling the truth, then Listo as I theorised may have triggered his own death somehow. Or Tildey’s misreading the Antwerp flavour or something.

It’s a headscratcher.
If Listo was poisoned or caused their own death, then we could all be town (very unlikely) and this could be a waste

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Saying that after I posted it…Tildey vote is intriguing as not entirely buying her “Oh struggling to read MTR” shtick when he’s flipped. It smeeeellllss!
His lower activity is what has made it more difficult for me this game. Historically, what made him easy to read (for me, anyway) was that as scum he is prone to super corny/cheesy posts in an effort to look towny. I didn't think anything of his inactivity because I know he hates trying to use his phone to get on the forums and I knew that he was pretty much busy both last Saturday & Sunday between house stuff and the two-night Glory pro event. With the lower post count I didn't notice until Mazer put all of those posts together that he was basically trying to defend Future and then use that defense to make himself look town (basically, some people believe Future is town and we're doing the same things so you should totally read me town, too). That being said, I did notice that something still wasn't right and I did start pushing back on him as I worked through my post catch up.

When I get straight out caught I start to shit post.
Now this is definitely truth. You're not good at talking your way out so you switch to just not saying anything at all
I just wanna point out what did mtr actually contribute in that time i see nothing. Just ill do it later
Not wrong

with only 3 of us playing I feel that increases chance of us all being town which has happened and leaning that way currently
I'm not quite willing to commit to that. I agree that with three of us we *could* all be town. But to reiterate, I've been the most on the fence about you. Nothing I can put my finger on so that's why I haven't outright put you on my Sus list. But at the same time, I'm seeing lots of interaction from you to defend yourself, and Future, but not much by way of solving or identifying where else we should be looking.

I have trouble reading claws as I have stated a lot because has fooled me too many times when I was convinced he was town and he was scum.
Really? Claws is the one person that I'm 100% on being town. He's the only read I have that I haven't questioned umpteen times.

Oh fuck this. I have deets on MTR.
No reason to disbelieve this. Especially since you came out and voted him right away in the phase.

@MTR Any reason we shouldn't believe Listo's deets and yeet you?

Hmmm not sure if he’d be allowed to share that MTR.
I don't think he'd be able to share either. My guess is he has some sort of parity info, though, given that he said in a separate comment that MTR is scum if he isn't third party.

I don't see why listo would fake dees on a bad mtr lynch. Unless I am greatly missing something, because why would you fake right now?

Good job listo.

Assuming this is all on the up and up, the nice thing is listo waited, and mtr's defenses are probably pretty telling.

Vote: mtr
And that Listo placed his vote there early

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
@Tildey I’ll take all that into consideration. Gonna sleep on this for now. 👍

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
If all three House are scum/non-town then….well that is just plain rude/evil!!

All three of us with the same alignment feels unlikely. The question for me is whether or not Future and I are both town or if he is, in fact, scum. I've shared the reasons I've been townreading him, however, his drop in activity doesn't make me feel great. But on the other hand, I feel like MTR flipping scum is not a bad look for Future. Especially given that how hard I see MTR hiding behind Future in retrospect.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Essentially having trouble on that “not having a clue on MTR” thing at the moment but perhaps she’ll elaborate. Currently a sticking point for me.
To be fair, I never said I didn't have a clue. I said I was on the fence. At that point in time he had not done anything to tip my scales one way or the other.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante

I wasnt on the MTR vote because we were at L-2 when I went to bed and wanted to give people time to post. Day then ended before I had a chance to get back to the thread. I asked if people wanted me to vote or hold, I held for more communications.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Does MTR open his D1 vote on his partner?
Someone would have to go look (because I definitely don't have that kind of dedication), but I'm pretty sure he always votes Future on D1. To the extent that not voting Future would be odd.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Okay I had to check if I was allowed to say this. I cannot go into further detail but I can say I did visit Listo last night.
We already know that, since Claws said they saw you visit listo.

But I also know that nobody can really say what they were doing there.

Top Bottom