Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 14: Quest for Mafia - So you want to be a Hero?

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
You keep saying we gotta... Im helping what you're pushing.

Would I intentionally vote there, knowing it would make me look worse, if I was scum? Real smart play if I am...

Want me to leave the train so it goes back to being pure to you? It'll just make your goal of getting a lynch harder.
I mean do what your gotta

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I mean I think that Val wagon is pure so fuck it
It has 3 leans in it for me, and one neutral. Which makes me feel good.

Of course, it's almost a certainty that I'm wrong about one.

But still, the d1 comparison makes me feel incrementally better.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Regardless of what Val flips here, pushing him was profoundly enjoyable.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I've probably got about 30 minutes before im.back on a field. So far I haven't seen what I was looking for. But there's been less activity

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
Actually looking back and reflecting, the Monty Python/Medieval I was trying, it’s probably best I dropped it. Not just for the frustration of people of not getting it but moreso communicating in character between Lancelot, Calzone and Merlin would’ve ultimately restricted me in posting my full thoughts. I tried something new. It failed. Lesson learned.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I've probably got about 30 minutes before im.back on a field. So far I haven't seen what I was looking for. But there's been less activity
Can you/allowed to clarify on what it is you’re looking for?

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
So when you flip wolf, it clears half the remaining players? Good to know
A Xanjori already wisely pointed out, it would not be in my benefit to make myself not w/w with anyone as a peeked wolf.

I just hope he doesn't have a sudden case of cold feet now.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
star-wars-stay-on-target.gif

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Well, just had guy at the field im doing possibly tear his all. Banner st patty

At this point, I'm probably going to not be on again.

Because I mostly trust the training nobody took the bait

Vote: val

I trust cwe,claws, and badger. I just wish I had more to give than my support.

If this is good, I would add insaner to that lost.

If not, he obviously needs further/significant vetting tonight/tomorrow .

Day/Night2

Nightingale

Administrator
Final Vote Tally:

7 - Val: future(410), Insaner(991), Xan(1003), Badger(1008), BN(1079), Tildey(1121), Mazer(1122)
1 - MTR: Listo(894)
1 - Xan: Val(558)
1 - Mazer: CWE(958)
1 - Insaner: Claws(1097)

Not currently Voting: Dreyski, MTR

As the dawn turned into day, the village of Spielburg was on high alert. Accusations were levied and distrust abounded. Knowing the witch could fool their very eyes made everyone uneasy, and yet no one wanted to repeat the mistake they had with poor Shema. As night drew ever closer a quiet shadow was seen lurking, watching, but not engaging with the rest as they tried to determine who could or could not be trusted. Convinced it must be Baba herself, or one of her spies, they descended on him and ended him. As he lay there still and unresisting, Zara pulled his cloak away and shook her head. "This is that old cooky hermit that lives outside town..."

Val has been eliminated. He was Henry the Hermit - Town Backup
Val's will: N1 - morrison

It is now Night Two. Night Two deadline Monday march 18th at 7pm eastern

Nightingale

Administrator
There was a solemn air in Spielburg, the villagers had seen more death than even they were used to in just two short days. But there was also a collective unspoken bond - they knew something here had to give. Either them or Baba. And so night fell and people shuffled to do what they could.

In the tavern, the Bartender offered up his special drinks, aiming to keep people out of trouble and help them stay focused on the things that mattered.

Shameen worked to ensure his wife’s death wasn’t in vain, and that others would not meet her fate, offering up a hearty meal to satisfy.

If you’ve never seen an Ogre try to quietly lumber unnoticed, you should put it on your bucket list - it’s adorable and not at all effective. Especially when they roar at every moving shadow - and that is exactly what Otto was up to as he worked to keep his friend safe.

Outside the village, nestled in a tree unnoticed against the starry sky was Pteresa observing the houses, and one in particular for signs of her mate returning.

Somewhat closer to the village than before the gooey springy sounds of the Antwerp ominously approached

All seemed to be a quiet and uneventful night, but as dawn arrived and people went about their day - it was broken by the scream of the delivery boy dropping off supplies to the tavern.

CWE has been disintegrated. He was ???
CWE’s will: ???

It is now Day Three. Day Three deadline Wednesday march 20th at 7pm eastern
With 11 players alive majority is 6

Player List:
3Puppies - Pterry - Town motivating mason finder (killed N1)
Badger
BlindNinja
Claws
CWE - ??? - Died N2
Dreyski
Futurehold
Insaner
Listo
Mazer
Morrison - Shema - Town Waitress (Yate D1)
MTR
Tildey
Val - Henry the Hermit - Town Backup (Yate D2)
Xanjori

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Hmm I’m not sure what to make of CWE not flipping. What does everyone else think?

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Well @Listo95 you were right about Val. Would you consider voting Insaner now or leave him be for now?

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
No I dunno, but also huge period of inactivity coming from me this week. I work two jobs and one has overtime attached. I will come on and post when Im around but it will be in short sporadic periods

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I for one am super skeptical of Listo saying "we need to yeet Future in order to clear BN upon his green flip" yesterday.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I’ve never heard of janitor kill? What is that?
It hides the body of the killed person, preventing the information about their role.and alignment from being revealed. Sometimes the hidden flips are revealed retroactively upon the janitor's death.

Claws

Mastermind
It hides the body of the killed person, preventing the information about their role.and alignment from being revealed. Sometimes the hidden flips are revealed retroactively upon the janitor's death.
Perhaps your janitor

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I guess you weren't saying that so w/e.

Let me put this to you.

I wasn't in any imminent danger of dying by the end of yesterday. It was less than 4 hours before EOD. We had something like seven 1 vote wagons. Xanjori and Tildey came and said they weren't interested in yeeting me.

If I was mafia, I could have just left a vote on anyone, say Val, and peaced out for the night and the day would prolly end in no elimination with how disorganized everyone was. Or if not it was still up in the air who would get lynched. It's not like I had to push Val in order to save any particular person. What would be the wolf motivation in pushing Val for me exactly?

When, if I were mafia, I could have just completely ignored his slot and have him get yeeted after my death due to being a lurker and having some positive interactions with me. Because the only substantive thing Val did this game was defend me unconditionally. It would have been BEYOND STUPID for me to push Val like that as mafia, killing my staunchest devotee and gathering heavy suspicion for killing a villager. When he already looked partnered with me and was going to be a free miselim after I died.

It should be pretty obvious that I'm not mafia here IMO if you think about it for more than a second.

Claws

Mastermind

Let me put this to you.

I wasn't in any imminent danger of dying by the end of yesterday. It was less than 4 hours before EOD. We had something like seven 1 vote wagons. Xanjori and Tildey came and said they weren't interested in yeeting me.

If I was mafia, I could have just left a vote on anyone, say Val, and peaced out for the night and the day would prolly end in no elimination with how disorganized everyone was. Or if not it was still up in the air who would get lynched. It's not like I had to push Val in order to save any particular person. What would be the wolf motivation in pushing Val for me exactly?

When, if I were mafia, I could have just completely ignored his slot and have him get yeeted after my death due to being a lurker and having some positive interactions with me. Because the only substantive thing Val did this game was defend me unconditionally. It would have been BEYOND STUPID for me to push Val like that as mafia, killing my staunchest devotee and gathering heavy suspicion for killing a villager. When he already looked partnered with me and was going to be a free miselim after I died.

It should be pretty obvious that I'm not mafia here IMO if you think about it for more than a second.
I dont think i just act

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Why dont you hop on mtr?
He wouldn't be my first choice. But I don't feel like I have enough credibility to push a wagon of my own today so with this being majority yeet I might do that.

Claws

Mastermind
He wouldn't be my first choice. But I don't feel like I have enough credibility to push a wagon of my own today so with this being majority yeet I might do that.
SO who wont you vote id like a list of ppl

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
SO who wont you vote id like a list of ppl

Gunna sink all of them if you flip red
I have nothing to hide. Just looking at the player names to sort through and reflect upon my own reads.

You are confirmed town.

Xanjori is my highest townread. Super active solving yesterday and we reached a lot of the same conclusions. And that level of attention to detail simply cannot be argued with.

Mazer is pretty close as also very caring about solving during a time when I think we had a v/v thunderdome and also was busy IRL but still finding time to pop in and making it count. He is below Xanjori for me just because he didn't exactly put a lot on the table in terms of conclusions after all his process.

Tildey would be next highest TR because she is giving reads much more easily than in her wolf game where she mostly focused on role discussion. She also town read me with good reason which wolves just wouldn't do because they don't want to take me off the table as a misilemination after CWE's stuff.

So those would be my most confident town reads I would say

Next up for me is Badger. He just feels townie although I don't think he actually contributes that much to solving so he is a tier below.

Then Future

Dreisky

Both felt townish on D1 and then fell of on D2

MTR - nothing townie on D1, made a post that Xanjori liked and I agreed when he called both of us town when we were at each others throats. He's been a non-factor otherwise though, which he does as mafia, and I guess there's no reason he couldn't have just made that post as mafia.

Listo/BN - I scumread them both, and there have been a couple of instances that specifically made me think they are partnered together so those would be my top choice.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
And if we didn't yeet Morrison and Val then both would still likely be towards the bottom of that list as well which makes me feel not bad for having done that now.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I have nothing to hide. Just looking at the player names to sort through and reflect upon my own reads.

You are confirmed town.

Xanjori is my highest townread. Super active solving yesterday and we reached a lot of the same conclusions. And that level of attention to detail simply cannot be argued with.

Mazer is pretty close as also very caring about solving during a time when I think we had a v/v thunderdome and also was busy IRL but still finding time to pop in and making it count. He is below Xanjori for me just because he didn't exactly put a lot on the table in terms of conclusions after all his process.

Tildey would be next highest TR because she is giving reads much more easily than in her wolf game where she mostly focused on role discussion. She also town read me with good reason which wolves just wouldn't do because they don't want to take me off the table as a misilemination after CWE's stuff.

So those would be my most confident town reads I would say

Next up for me is Badger. He just feels townie although I don't think he actually contributes that much to solving so he is a tier below.

Then Future

Dreisky

Both felt townish on D1 and then fell of on D2

MTR - nothing townie on D1, made a post that Xanjori liked and I agreed when he called both of us town when we were at each others throats. He's been a non-factor otherwise though, which he does as mafia, and I guess there's no reason he couldn't have just made that post as mafia.

Listo/BN - I scumread them both, and there have been a couple of instances that specifically made me think they are partnered together so those would be my top choice.
Hard disagree that I haven’t been contributing to solving. Maybe not so much D1 but spent all D2 trying to solve including that riddle.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I look at Xanjori. I look at you.

I see one person that is doing useful things. I see one that is not.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him

Th n you’re not looking hard enough is all I’ll say on that sir.

But also been giving reads so don’t know why you’re shitting on me.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Also from my own perspective I’m still not sure on you. Goodish reads and explanations but also an easy argument to come up with as scum. You’re an Insaner but clever guy.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Th n you’re not looking hard enough is all I’ll say on that sir.

But also been giving reads so don’t know why you’re shitting on me.
You're right I guess there have been a few. It's just it's buried underneath so much nonsense.

Not trying to shit on you though just explaining why my reads are presented in the order they are.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
You're right I guess there have been a few. It's just it's buried underneath so much nonsense.

Not trying to shit on you though just explaining why my reads are presented in the order they are.
It’s called multitasking. I can be serious and goofy at the same time lol.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Just head a quick reads through Dreyski's iso. I actually like quite a lot. He posts sparsely but is pretty focused when he is here. There are both reads on individual players as well as "bigger picture" type reads wrt to the wagons and how they formed. I should probably bump him up ahead of Future at least.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Because it's either the team is exactly Listo/BN/MTR with Listo bussing MTR

Or I have miscleared someone

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Just had a scan though Listo's ISO for mentions of MTR.

No mention at all on D1.

Mentioned him 3 times by repeating the same thing about how his/Claws votes on Morrison train were the worst. I think that pairing him with another person makes it very plausible for it to be a distancing maneuver, so I wouldn't clear... realistically either of them upon each other's red flip tbh.

Lol.
Not like it matters that claws/MTR have the worst votes on it.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker

Let me put this to you.

People can pretty much tell a story for any action. I don't think what you're saying in unreasonable, or something that I'm scum reading. Because with zero righteous kills, it's a helluva thing to want a hard clear just based on possibly letting someone die later rather than before.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I think we've seen this in Foxxi's games a few times previously.

Listo95

Just had a scan though Listo's ISO for mentions of MTR.

No mention at all on D1.

Mentioned him 3 times by repeating the same thing about how his/Claws votes on Morrison train were the worst. I think that pairing him with another person makes it very plausible for it to be a distancing maneuver, so I wouldn't clear... realistically either of them upon each other's red flip tbh.
If I was scum I would've tampered with the record to make MTR look better lol

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
People can pretty much tell a story for any action. I don't think what you're saying in unreasonable, or something that I'm scum reading. Because with zero righteous kills, it's a helluva thing to want a hard clear just based on possibly letting someone die later rather than before.
I had no reasons to push Val like I did if I was mafia and every reason to avoid doing that.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I mean that is exactly what your D2 looks like. Not pushing him hard but constantly mentioning him in a negative way.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker

Not an unfair point. I've known Badger a long time, and I strongly believe he is town. Frankly, I don't even like why I know, because I didn't like the day 1 interaction. Badger also knows if he pulls that ATE as a scum, like he did a much lesser version of 1 time, and for the next several games afterwards he will know no peace.

Am I lying Badger?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I had no reasons to push Val like I did if I was mafia and every reason to avoid doing that.
None that I know of. But I don't know every theory and possibility. If you're using it to clear yourself....that's a reason?

I don't hard clear strong players unless I have a super strong read or they make a kill. Ask Psych and void about that. lol.

I also don't ask different for myself. Unless I do something really clever. As I mentioned earlier, sometimes I have a gift for these things.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Because he doesn't seem agenda'd but he's also so incredibly inoffensive
When I really push people have a tendency to vote themselves or get modkilled. It's counterproductive, until I'm mostly sure I'm right. But that's fine. Because, I don't expect anything until I lead a righteous kill.

Except from one person.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Mtr being the one off voter is intriguing. Honestly, I was curious if someone would feel like they would have to hammer or jump a train when I did the "I'm watching for something'. I was fishing for a nervous player. And it was interesting that we didn't see the same "energy" as we did on the Morrison train.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
No I mean I wouldn't have even mentioned him as having a bad vote.
Oh I see. But then of course you'd say that.

I don't think it invalidates my point about you not strongly pushing MTR but only putting enough shade to make you look unpartnered on D2.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I guess you could argue that MTR calling me and Xanjori town during our thunderdome could be him wanting to:

1) Get town read for being right
2) Cast shade on both of us if he happened to die before either of us

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I have a brilliant idea.

Why don't we ask Tildey and Future for their updated reads on MTR?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Here's the morrison vote train

8 - Morri: BN(346), listo(347), Insaner(349), Tildey(351), Badger(355), Claws(357), MTR(368), future(377)
2 - Future: pups(68), Val(268)
1 - Sleep: Mazer(375)
1 - Listo: Drey(316)
1 - Xanjori: CWE(205)

Not Voting: Morrison, Xanjori(240)

7 - Val: future(410), Insaner(991), Xan(1003), Badger(1008), BN(1079), Tildey(1121), Mazer(1122)
1 - MTR: Listo(894)
1 - Xan: Val(558)
1 - Mazer: CWE(958)
1 - Insaner: Claws(1097)

Not currently Voting: Dreyski, MTR

I thought it would be interesting to see who had 2 bad votes. It seems at least a possibility that there is at least one scum in there.

Future is in a very unique position of starting the Val train (as he ever started a train that wasn't mtr?), and a late hammer on the morri train.

Insaner is in an early position on both trains.

Badger is hanging out in the middle. It could be seen as around the tipping point to get Val over, I guess. Again, meta read town.

Blind Ninja is early morri (which in fairness is pretty much his day 1 default), and in a momentum building moment on Val.

Tildey came in near the middle of Morri. I read as her as having good questions. She's smart though. I don't know how much the Val lynch was in doubt by the time she voted, with two no-voters and me still having not voted at that point.

I'm a little worried that I want to town read future, because I felt bad for him being trapped in the Shark cage last game. But it's folly to ignore the tangible events. @MTR and @Tildey, what are your current future reads?

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
lol. The timing on this post and the one I just did.

The revolving door of house reads.
It would appear that you and I just had a mindmeld. We must town read each other until the end of time now. It is bad luck not to.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
It's a bargaigning tactic. People were saying at the start of today that I should probably die. I say I'm an obvious villager. So let's meet in the middle and agree to at least let me survive another day, eh? We are all reasonable people here afterall.

Top Bottom