Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 14: Quest for Mafia - So you want to be a Hero?

Nightingale

Administrator
Rules:
Declaring you have an action seen or unseen in the write up is forbidden. You may of course still share info. This forbids “my action is in the write up last night” or “my action was successful, but I don’t see it” and variances thereof. You MAY state if your action was or was not successful - as long as you do not imply if it is present in the write up or not.
Editing of posts is forbidden.
Deleting posts is forbidden.
Claiming characters or roles is forbidden.
You must use the vote function or I will not count your vote.
You do not need to unvote before casting a new vote.
This game is majority yeet only.
This game requires discord, all action submissions, correspondence with the moderator, and role cards will be handled through private channels in this server:
https://discord.gg/V3hQEYaZW2
Once dead you may only post in the provided dead channel unless you are given instructions from the moderator otherwise.
I am a bastard mod. Any game I run may, or may not include bastard elements.
Quoting/Screenshotting/using anything provided by the moderator as evidence is forbidden.
No discussing this game outside of this thread or provided channels.

Mechanics:
Psycho’s Will - A player’s targets will only be revealed when the player dies.
Night’s Shroud - No scum actions will show in story write ups, with the exception of successful kills, and a random number of town actions each night will be hidden. Additionally, the targets of scum actions will not be revealed on death.
Quest Board - Players begin with 0 gold, and will earn one gold at the end of each day phase. Each player will be assigned 5 random quests privately from this list each day phase. As long as they perform at least two of their assigned quests, they will earn one additional gold for that day phase. Completing quests that have not been assigned will not reward gold. Gold is kept until used, and abilities are activated by spending gold.

• Cast a vote for a player in the first 24 hours of a phase
  • Cast votes for at least two different players
  • Have an active vote at EoD
  • Ask another player why they voted for someone
  • Ask another player if they would vote for a particular player
  • Ask another player who they would not consider voting today
  • Give at least two names of players you like, and one you do not like
  • Quote a post you like from another player and try to explain why (Only posts relevant to the game will count)
  • Quote a post you dislike from another player and try to explain why (Only posts relevant to the game will count)
  • Ask for opinions about something you don’t understand
  • Quote and reply to a game related question directed at you with an answer
  • Quote and reply to a game related question directed at no one in particular with an answer
  • Make at least 10 game relevant posts
  • End the day with a majority yeet

It’s been three years since the great Baba Yaga cursed the Baron, and both his children Barnard and Elsa von Spielberg went missing. A parade of “Heroes” have come and gone since - brave souls who believed they could outsmart the curse and bring back the heirs to the barony. Each wannabe savior faced the challenges - and none were the match for the wicked Baba Yaga’s magic. How could they be? Pathetic little worms crawling out of the mud…ahem…

Our tale begins in the secluded hamlet of Spielburg with Sheriff Schultz Meistersson, whose last name sounded more like a failed German techno band than a lawman, and who had a rather unique approach to his job. He spent most of his time catching z's on his porch, leaving his diligent assistant, Otto von Goon, to handle the more important aspects of law enforcement. It was a masterclass in civic duty, or maybe just narcolepsy.

Amelia Appleberry, our matronly healer, lived just outside of town, probably to escape the harmonious snoring symphony orchestrated by the sheriff. She had a penchant for nurturing both plants and people, and her pet Pterry, a creature that could make paleontologists reconsider their career choices, nested in the rafters with all the grace of a low-budget CGI creation.

Zara, the magical goods shopkeeper and her familiar Damiano, had set up a bizarre emporium on the outskirts. Schultz, in a rare moment of alertness, struck a deal that essentially allowed Zara to sell her wares without too much bureaucratic hassle. Because why not add a touch of bureaucracy to a cursed village?

Shameen, the innkeeper, and his wife Shema provided a refuge for the tired heroes. Their inn became a hotspot for tales of woe and camaraderie, complete with Shameen's culinary delights and Shema’s strangely errotic performances. Yet, for all the quirks, Shameen's inn had become a haven for those seeking not only the thrill of breaking a curse but also a hearty meal that could potentially outshine the glow of a cursed sunset.

And as if Baba Yaga wasn’t enough, she had allies! Bats, a creature that fluttered ominously in the cursed skies, Eramus, the grumpy wizard and friend of Baba Yaga who probably needed a vacation, and Bonehead, the inanimate guardian of Baba Yaga's hut. These allies added an extra layer of absurdity to the already bizarre situation in Spielberg. The heroes faced not only the challenges set by Baba Yaga but also the dubious pleasure of dealing with a cast of characters straight out of a comically twisted fairy tale.

And now, a Hero with a swagger that gives the impression he'll be dead before nightfall has arrived. But who knows? Maybe he actually holds the key to breaking Baba Yaga's curse and turning Spielberg into something more exciting than a direct-to-DVD fairy tale…

The Tale Begins....

Living Players:
3Puppies
Badger
BlindNinja
Claws
CWE
Dreyski
Futurehold
Insaner
Listo
Mazer
Morrison
MTR
Tildey
Val
Xanjori

With 15 alive, Majority Yeet is 8
Day One ends Thursday March 14th at 12pm Eastern

Last edited:

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Night’s Shroud - No scum actions will show in story write ups, with the exception of successful kills, and a random number of town actions each night will be hidden. Additionally, the targets of scum actions will not be revealed on death.

Looks like we have something to make sheeting more of a challenge as well

Claws

Mastermind
Awkward Space Cat GIF

Claws

Mastermind
natually on listo as i think i read there was an item vendor and thats just tradition

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Well I have an end the day with a maj quest and it looks like this is what we're doing so

Vote: Insaner

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
The first thing I saw on my quest board was to vote someone within the first 24 hours of the day, and Insaner was the first poster I saw.
Sounds pretty legit

Also Insaner more concerned with his gold than surviving, dunno what to make of that

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Serious question how many wolves do you guys think have posted?

I think one eks dee ;)

Listo95

Never played a game with a quest for gold before - how does that work?
I assume it works as we just need to do the objective, at end of day Foxxi will see which ones we completed and give us the gold we deserve.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Sounds pretty legit

Also Insaner more concerned with his gold than surviving, dunno what to make of that
Aww, I thought Val was actually making a read on me. Which I would consider a good look this early into the game.

3puppies

Lost Wolf
I like the following people so far - at least I have no reason to dislike them yet:

Living Players:
3Puppies
Badger
BlindNinja
Claws
CWE
Dreyski
Futurehold
Insaner
Listo
Mazer
Morrison
MTR
Tildey
Val
Xanjori

But I have to come up with someone I dislike - so it will be random.

I don't feel great about MTR. Again, randomness.

In the last game, I promised I would give my D1 vote to MTR to do what he wanted , as he bodyguarded me. So I will vote him, and will change it to wherever he wants me to go on D1.

Vote: MTR

That should get me to having two votes.

Throwing out some random questions that anyone in particular could please reply to -

With 15 players, do we expect 4 scum?

Do we think there are any 3rd party?

Are most of us vanilla like the last game?

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I like the following people so far - at least I have no reason to dislike them yet:

Living Players:
3Puppies
Badger
BlindNinja
Claws
CWE
Dreyski
Futurehold
Insaner
Listo
Mazer
Morrison
MTR
Tildey
Val
Xanjori

But I have to come up with someone I dislike - so it will be random.

I don't feel great about MTR. Again, randomness.

In the last game, I promised I would give my D1 vote to MTR to do what he wanted , as he bodyguarded me. So I will vote him, and will change it to wherever he wants me to go on D1.

Vote: MTR

That should get me to having two votes.

Throwing out some random questions that anyone in particular could please reply to -

At first glance I just saw the vote and was like what did I do and then like I actually read the post.

I mean I will probably vote Future but I will let him at least post first.

3puppies

Lost Wolf
At first glance I just saw the vote and was like what did I do and then like I actually read the post.

I mean I will probably vote Future but I will let him at least post first.

Do you want me to vote for Future before you? Do you want to vote somewhere else first, presuming you have a similar 2 vote quest?

Blind Ninja

Vigilante

So the answer to the 1st question kinda depends on the existence of 3p I think.

Can see a 11-4. Could see 11-3-1. 10-4-1 or 10-3-1-1 as potential, but lower down the list.

With the quests and gold needed to activate abilities, I think most people have something, otherwise what would be the point of gaining gold as vanilla?

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Do you want me to vote for Future before you? Do you want to vote somewhere else first, presuming you have a similar 2 vote quest?
Feel free to vote him now. I will vote later and then of course change later once we start to get serious around here.

Insaner

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
So the answer to the 1st question kinda depends on the existence of 3p I think.

Can see a 11-4. Could see 11-3-1. 10-4-1 or 10-3-1-1 as potential, but lower down the list.

With the quests and gold needed to activate abilities, I think most people have something, otherwise what would be the point of gaining gold as vanilla?
3pups wolf or a stupendously strong role trying to pose as VT confirmed

Those whom it may concern, take note!

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Greetings ladies and gentlemen, it's a lovely day at the pitch. And we have a great match for you, as the GreenTon Townies are lined up against the ScumChat Reds.

Wee bit of early action as the various players test each other out. Xan out with some early aggressive play, while 3puppies is clearly showing that he wants to play as far up the pitch as he possibly can.

And her's Insaner marking up.

Early minutes of play and seems that both sides are cautiously sizing each other up.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
The quest mechanic is a fun variation. I’ve still got a bit before I’m off work so I’ll pop in later to digest more. I wanted to at least drop by to say hello, though. :cheers:

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Evening all
See how I killed the "ask a question" and "quote a fellow user" prompts?
I like this post becuase it shows 3pups has a basic grasp of the quest concept and is interested in picking up his gold this phase.

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Mechanics:
I'm wondering if this mechanic means a limited number of ON/EN roles, as it's going to be really frustrating if, for example, only two town actions are not hidden. I might not even bother trying to sheet this game.

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Evening all

I like this post becuase it shows 3pups has a basic grasp of the quest concept and is interested in picking up his gold this phase.
EBWOP
This leads me to believe he has a spicy role, but for good or evil, I cannot say.

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
Innkeeper have ye a room for the night?
For I have been on the battlefield and am covered in filth!

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Oh there are 3 puppies come into this inn! I like them and I hope the innkeeper allows dogs.
I see this name “Dreyski” in the inn sign-in book too. That is a fine name which I like!
Hmm what’s this? ForgottenHold? What kind of bloody hell name is that? I’m not liking this rube!

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I got no idea what’s going on but I gotta do my obligatory MTR vote
Hmm this seems to me playing dumb my good sir! We’re in the middle of a quest, you’ve got to know what’s going on!

I shall cast thee out for now unless I see somebody worse….

Vote: ForgottenHold

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
But I do not want to vote the three cute little puppies this good day! While I am swigging my tankard of ale, I shall put down three dishes of water for the three puppies to drink up! Bottoms up puppies!

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Hmm this seems to me playing dumb my good sir! We’re in the middle of a quest, you’ve got to know what’s going on!

I shall cast thee out for now unless I see somebody worse….

What’s the fun of a quest if you know what’s going on? I like the intrigue and excitement of the unknown, of things we aren’t aware, and I love making the unknown….known

Claws

Mastermind
But I do not want to vote the three cute little puppies this good day! While I am swigging my tankard of ale, I shall put down three dishes of water for the three puppies to drink up! Bottoms up puppies!
I enjoy this post as it shows what a peasent you are. It deeply pleases me

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I’m sure the innkeeper would let them in if you told everyone who you would vote today and who you would not want to vote
I don’t like this….

Post immediately before it you claim not to know what’s going on, but it’s clear with this post that you absolutely know what’s going on. What’s the point in trying to play dumb, here?

3puppies

Lost Wolf
every1 is a wolf until i put them in my town pile

There are 14 potential quests, but we are each assigned 5 randomly, two of which we need to complete in order to win gold. We need to spend gold in order to use our roles, if any.

Isn't it better to consider everyone as town until we have some reason to believe otherwise? For now, I have Claws as my most likely town.

I think I read that everyone starts the game with no gold. If so, then does that imply most town roles won't be able to act until N2. So if we yeet on both d1 and d2, aren't we more likely to be down 3 town players before town really learns anything, except maybe the beginnings of vote patterns.

since I promissed MTR,
Unvote: UNVOTE MTR

I think that gets me on record as having voted for two different players, one of whom was in the first 24 hours.

Trying to get to ten meaningful game related posts will be harder for me since I tend to be long-winded. I see we only need to satisfy two.

Claws

Mastermind
There are 14 potential quests, but we are each assigned 5 randomly, two of which we need to complete in order to win gold. We need to spend gold in order to use our roles, if any.

Isn't it better to consider everyone as town until we have some reason to believe otherwise? For now, I have Claws as my most likely town.

Hard Disagree as every1 even scum will want to achieve quests they may even get extra kills out of it

Toss a coin to yer witcher tho.

Claws

Mastermind

Hard Disagree as every1 even scum will want to achieve quests they may even get extra kills out of it

Toss a coin to yer witcher tho.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
feeling left out i was gunna vote listo but here you go

Vote: tildey
Meh, suit yourself. At least it’s something different. I had included a yawning emoji in my post quoting FH and MTR’s votes. At this point it’s just boring that they always vote each other on D1.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Meh, suit yourself. At least it’s something different. I had included a yawning emoji in my post quoting FH and MTR’s votes. At this point it’s just boring that they always vote each other on D1.
Ugh. EBWOP - the yawning emoji didn’t take, though.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Don't top my scum list on D1 and I don't vote you. Simple. You still have the other one to convince. I'm sure he'll move the vote when he gets here.

Genuinely curious to know why MTR? He’s not one of your typical D1 votes so what did he do to ping you?

Claws

Mastermind
Should ground them off the deserts then maybe they reconsider

3puppies

Lost Wolf
I can't seem to find anything about quest mafia games like this. Do we expect some of the "regular" roles to be spread about?

I am not even a tiny bit familiar with the characters or whatever this comes from. But I see there are 4 red roles listed in the summary, so I think there are at least 4 scum

Baba Yaga,
Bats,
Erasmus,
Bonehead s
is listed as an inanimate object? Is this a character?

Green potentials characters included in the summary:
Barnard - listed as missing (was that based on a prior story?
Elsa von Spielberg - also listed as missing
Sheriff Schultz Meistersson - I presume the cop role but maybe a jailer
Otto von Goon - would this be a deputy?
Amelia Appleberry - matronly healer (I read as a nurse)
Pterry - what is this character? maybe a motivator or busdriver?
Zara - the magical goods shopkeeper
Damiano - her familiar, maybe a hider?
Shameen, the innkeeper, would that be a watcher?
Shema (Shameen's wife - are they masons?)
Hero (the newcomer who hopefully saves the town?

Does anyone think our mod listed 15 roles and 15 players, and may not be such a terrible basterd?

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
I can't seem to find anything about quest mafia games like this. Do we expect some of the "regular" roles to be spread about?

I am not even a tiny bit familiar with the characters or whatever this comes from. But I see there are 4 red roles listed in the summary, so I think there are at least 4 scum

Baba Yaga,
Bats,
Erasmus,
Bonehead s
is listed as an inanimate object? Is this a character?

Green potentials characters included in the summary:
Barnard - listed as missing (was that based on a prior story?
Elsa von Spielberg - also listed as missing
Sheriff Schultz Meistersson - I presume the cop role but maybe a jailer
Otto von Goon - would this be a deputy?
Amelia Appleberry - matronly healer (I read as a nurse)
Pterry - what is this character? maybe a motivator or busdriver?
Zara - the magical goods shopkeeper
Damiano - her familiar, maybe a hider?
Shameen, the innkeeper, would that be a watcher?
Shema (Shameen's wife - are they masons?)
Hero (the newcomer who hopefully saves the town?

Does anyone think our mod listed 15 roles and 15 players, and may not be such a terrible basterd?
I think 15 people/15 roles would be convenient so with it being a Foxxi game, highly doubt its that easy.

That said, I think we have Characters not listed and potentially some paired or red herrings on the list. Could see Shema/Shameen being 1. Maybe different person acts depending on what ability you use.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
As the action progresses, we see Insaner with an errant shot. One must admire him, becayse even as he misses wide, he does so with a Nunez-like confidence.

Mtr and future seem to be bandying about their typical early match tactics. Not much attempt at innovation or creativity there. Meanwhile, 3pups and dreyski probing early with the occasional entry pass. Certainly, we see an established workrate.

One caveat is that while 3pups seems to indicate that all players should be given the benefit of the doubt, we certainly do not know how this match will unfold. While nobody should be advised to bang unguarded shots, certainly early in the match, one must occasionally make an imperious run to open the pitch.

CWE with the early probes, and at least one pass that took a direct and viable route to the goal.

Claws with either a good read on the ball. or perhaps quality film study. One can never rule out a realm of possibilities with FOS's cheekiest winger.

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I don’t like this….

Post immediately before it you claim not to know what’s going on, but it’s clear with this post that you absolutely know what’s going on. What’s the point in trying to play dumb, here?
I’m trying to get gold, don’t stop me in my greedy goals

Nightingale

Administrator
Vote Tally:

2 - Insaner: Val(12), Xan(21)
2 - MTR: future(49), CWE(64)
1 - Mazer: Insaner(43)
3 - Future: MTR(53), Badger(54), pups(68)
1 - Tildey: Claws(74)

Not currently Voting: BlindNinja, Dreyski, Listo, Mazer, Morrison, Tildey

Last edited:

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
As the action progresses, we see Insaner with an errant shot. One must admire him, becayse even as he misses wide, he does so with a Nunez-like confidence.

Mtr and future seem to be bandying about their typical early match tactics. Not much attempt at innovation or creativity there. Meanwhile, 3pups and dreyski probing early with the occasional entry pass. Certainly, we see an established workrate.

One caveat is that while 3pups seems to indicate that all players should be given the benefit of the doubt, we certainly do not know how this match will unfold. While nobody should be advised to bang unguarded shots, certainly early in the match, one must occasionally make an imperious run to open the pitch.

CWE with the early probes, and at least one pass that took a direct and viable route to the goal.

Claws with either a good read on the ball. or perhaps quality film study. One can never rule out a realm of possibilities with FOS's cheekiest winger.
I like this post as it gives an in depth but entertaining look into Mazer’s reads so far. While Mazer has his gimmicks this seems actually insightful and I didn’t go “bleh”

Meaning it was dumbed down enough for me.

Nightingale

Administrator
Moderator Notice:

Main rules have been edited to include:
Claiming characters or roles is forbidden.

Ya'll knew that, but now it's official. Carry on.

3puppies

Lost Wolf
Fun police weewoo wee woo

Quoting/Screenshotting/using anything provided by the moderator as evidence is forbidden.

I am actually pleased that Nightengale clarified that rule change, as I probably would have claimed first chance I got.

Claws

Mastermind

I am actually pleased that Nightengale clarified that rule change, as I probably would have claimed first chance I got.
Dont qoute the rules to me peasent i am the claws

Top Bottom