Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 17 - The Interim Throne

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
But would that mean CWE is…lying?

Surely not.

Robozerim

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
BAAAAAAA

Morrison heavily implied that he could delay the bleed death, and he died last night so we know what his role was: Chronomancer, who is able to delay a death by 2 days. That's what CWE has claimed, their death to be delayed.

Also of note, Morrison could have been targeted for a kill on N1, but used pocket dimension on himself day 1 to delay his own death by 2 nights, resulting in his death last night. It would help explain both the large amount of deaths last night and why there was no town death on N1.

Baa Baaaaa Ba!

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Hmm that’s certainly interesting on Morri/CWE and could explain a few things.

Meanwhile though, CWE has made a claim that there are dees that LDG is one of the Unseen and she has refuted it.

So that would mean that one of them is probably lying and CWE is not known to do that.

CWE

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Sorry. 102 degree fever and felt like shit. Posted that last one right before I passed out. Woke up early to call out of work and say my last post and started freaking the fuck out.

Apologies @LemonDemonGirl I wasnt trying to screw you over or anything.

:cheers:

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Val has been eager to jump on every vote Ive seen, and frankly I dont know how to read it

MitchRapp

Scum Hunter
No body wants to play?

Kobe Bryant GIF

CWE

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I would. But I'm laid up in bed.

An idea of how sick I am right now...I see a bottle of Patron across the room...no thank you.

LemonDemonGirl

Lost Wolf
We are voting to elect a king right now, not who to lynch.

You are currently voting to elect your accuser as king.
Once again, it needs to be pointed out you were NOT VOTING TO KILL CWE.

Right now all votes are voting to make that person king.
Just because I have Autism doesn't mean that I'm a fucktard. Fuck off.

Day 4 No King

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
The group could not come to an official decision and did not reach majority on a new King. There shall be no King for the remainder of the game.

LDG, playing as ???, has been modkilled by request.

It is now Day 4. Day 4 will end when a player is executed, two trials end in pardon, or day ends (June 3rd 8:00pm ET). With 7 players alive, a majority nomination for treason requires 4 votes on a player.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I’m gonna be honest, not sure how Val has been playing this game. A little hard to read so yeah may not be a bad option for trial to see if it’s beneficial for us to keep him around.

I’m guessing he is neutral of some kind if he is not the fool. It doesn’t look like we’re getting an LDG flip modkill or not (unless there’s a mechanic there somewhere and we get it later).

I’ve got shit to do today as well so will stick my vote for him just now just so it’s there and will check back later:

Vote: Val

Robozerim

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Just because I have Autism doesn't mean that I'm a fucktard. Fuck off.
BAAAA
I realize you're dead now, but when you call bullshit about a person's claim they got a guilty on you and generally act aggressive towards them and then vote on them, then unvote them when they say they misspoke due to exhaustion and fever and meant you aren't scum, it looks a lot like you are trying to lynch them for lying (or telling the truth if you actually were scum), and then being mollified when they clear up that they made a mistake. You gave no indication of why you would want to elect them and heavily implied you wanted them lynched based on context of your posts. A person not reading or paying attention to the rules has nothing to do with being a fucktard or autistic.

BAAAA

Robozerim

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
BaAAaaAa

Only thing I have against executing Val is that I theoretically should have role blocked him if he visited Satsu last night, so he is unlikely to be the one who killed him. Still could be scum, just not the scum killer last night, unless my action failed.

BaAaAAaa

MitchRapp

Scum Hunter
BaAAaaAa

Only thing I have against executing Val is that I theoretically should have role blocked him if he visited Satsu last night, so he is unlikely to be the one who killed him. Still could be scum, just not the scum killer last night, unless my action failed.

BaAaAAaa
There have been actions redirected at night. I can say that with confidence.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
BaAAaaAa

BaAaAAaa
I believe Satsu was given the bleed before night started?

Robozerim

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
I believe Satsu was given the bleed before night started?
Ba Ba

His logbook says he started bleeding on N3, implying somebody bled him during D3. I definitely didn't do that, so the unseen likely have successfully recruited and turned the new guy into an assassin. Regardless of how, if he started bleeding on N3, he shouldn't have died until N4/start of D5, therefore it shouldn't be the bleed that killed him. I think it unlikely that Satsu lied about when he started bleeding.

Unless....Well, there is a role to speed up the bleeding to be in one night, but that requires a Time Snatcher which would have started out as a Chronomancer, which is what Morrison was before he died. it doesn't say that it's a unique role in its role card, though, so I suppose it's possible. Under this circumstance we could maybe say that he's not the Time Snatcher, or maybe not. The wording doesn't say he needs to target a bleeding player, just that if a player is bleeding they will bleed out in one night. Val could definitely be the assassin in this case, as well as the Mastermind or maybe the Time Snatcher if it doesn't require targeting for the sped up bleed.

I think I've convinced myself.

Vote: Val the Moofia Boss

(in the tune of the Indiana Jones Theme): Ba ba ba baaaa ba ba baa ba ba ba baaaaa ba ba ba ba ba

Val the Moofia Boss

Scum Hunter
Hmph.

Vote: Xanjori

IIRC someone investigated him early on but then it was later remembered that scum roles are investigation immune for the first three nights.

CWE

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
4 to lynch...

Okay.

So are we are at a point where Badger, Robozerim, and Xanjori are all Unseen or Val is just caught.

I can see both arguments.

I dont think there is a world where both trains are good.

:sherlock:

MitchRapp

Scum Hunter
It has to be Val right? Otherwise Robo claiming hunter to keep us off was brilliant.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
What is slightly interesting is that Matthieu isn’t coming to Val’s defense so far. Those two are usually pretty tight.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
EBWOP plus previously warned against it.

Maybe he hasn’t had a chance to read it but his take would be interesting.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
CWE’s a hard one to convince at times. I’m still in his Top 3 which is a bit understandable despite my Observer claim. If it makes him feel any better/give him pause for thought I’ll mention what I did.

N1 - Used Observe on BN as was very suspicious. Saw him go after Robo who killer him anyway so didn’t push that one further. Since then Robo acted strangely towards CWE so wasn’t sure if he was converted on another night but he explained it well.

N2 - Used Overlook on CWE. Now I saw Morri do something to him and wasn’t sure on him anyway which made me think he was the one that may have delayed his death. His flip has proved that right.

N3 - Used Overlook on Robo but nothing was found.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
EBWOP N2 - Also saw 3pups go after him. Wasn’t certain but Satsu insisted he was good so then backed off him.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Still would like to hear from @Matthieu regarding Val if he has any opinion.

MitchRapp

Scum Hunter
@CWE what do you think we have left for numbers? 5-2-1? 4-2-2? 6-1-1?

I trust you the most here so I am looking for some guidance.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Vote: Execute

Im not gonna lie, I dont know how to read Val. But it just seems he is really ignoring all context

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Vote: Execute

Sorry Val. Between you and Matthieu’s sudden non-commital, can’t take any chances.

Day 4 End

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
The King or the Sorcerer has decided to pardon the player on trial.

Everyone present at the meeting shrugged their shoulders and set off into the night to hunker down or prepare for their excursion. The time was nigh to see their side come out on top.

It is now Night 4. Night 4 will end at 8:00pm ET on June 4th or when all actions are submitted. Please submit timely. Actions must be submitted by 7:00pm ET for them to be valid. Starting with Day 5, the day phases will be shortened to 24 hours. Trial length will not change.

Day 5 Start

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
The group gathered in the main hall and looked around, sad to see that their numbers had decreased during the night.

Xanjori, playing as The Court Wizard, has been killed and a logbook was found.

Logbook:

Tornado'd Listo and BN

—----------------

Living Players:

1. Badger
2. CWE
3. Matthieu
4. MitchRapp
5. Robozerim
6. Val the Moofia Boss

Dead Players:

1. Blind Ninja, playing as The Assassin, has been killed. (Night 1)
2. Listo, playing as The Alchemist, has been killed. (Night 2)
3. MTR, playing as The Sellsword, has been executed. (Day 3)
4. FutureHold, playing as The Good King, has been killed. (Night 3)
5. 3puppies, playing as The Butler, has been killed. (Night 3)
6. Satsu, playing as The Prince, has been killed. (Night 3)
7. Morrison, playing as The Chronomancer, has been killed. (Night 3)
8. LDG, playing as ???, has been modkilled. (Day 4)
9. Xanjori, playing as The Court Wizard, has been killed. (Night 4)

It is now Day 5. Day 5 will end when a player is executed, two trials end in pardon, or day ends (June 5th 8:00pm ET). With 6 players alive, a majority nomination for treason requires 4 votes on a player.

MitchRapp

Scum Hunter
Okay with yesterdays results and having no king we know Val is the Sorcerer. Which means he could have walking bombs everywhere. The only way to take him out is with a vote.

Blue Dragons and Unseen must put aside their differences for a day and eliminate him.

CWE

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
This. Specifically the second question.
I don't know. That's a Void question. I was told I die tonight unless healed or give death immunity(whatever that is?) Believe ot or not, your choice. But those are the facts.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I am quite frankly exhausted as just done a 4th daily 10 mile cycle run in a row as part of a fubdraiser.

I shall have a look later today (probably tonight) and unwrap all of this.

Badger goes hibernation for a bit zzz

CWE

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
1. Badger
2. CWE
3. Matthieu
4. MitchRapp
5. Robozerim
6. Val the Moofia Boss

6 left. I die tonight I'm assuming...

So the question is...How many evils are we looking at? If it's 3v3...it's already over. We just don't know it.

If it's worse and there's only 1 good guy left... just fucking put me out of my misery. Or the fool can come out and I will GLADLY vote you so you can win also.

MitchRapp

Scum Hunter
The only we we can blow this is if we let the walking bombs all go off at night. And I think we all know at this point who the remaining unseen guy is. I'm not the kind of guy to say I told you so, but I told you so.

Val the Moofia Boss

Scum Hunter
The fluff is confusing. It says I was either pardoned by the king (there was none yesterday) or a scum role. I presume scum silenced me yesterday so I couldn't speak in my defense, so I don't know why they would pardon me. Only other explanation I can think of is that someone else copied the pardon ability and used it on me.

Okay I'm dead tonight unless healed.

Please doc. Do the right thing.

:bowdown:

Weren't you bleeding out and going to die... two days ago?

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
CWE doesn’t lie like that, especially as scum. Torn between a couple but as Val is currently questioning it….

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 5 Vote Count:

Val - 2 (Mitch #859, Badger #873)

Not Voting: CWE, Matthieu, Robozerim, Val the Moofia Boss

It is now Day 5. Day 5 will end when a player is executed, two trials end in pardon, or day ends (June 5th 8:00pm ET). With 6 players alive, a majority nomination for treason requires 4 votes on a player.

Last edited:

Val the Moofia Boss

Scum Hunter
Vote: Mitch

I'm not sure the other players would have silenced me at the end of the day like that. If they were going to silence me then I would imagine they would have done it at the beginning.

MitchRapp

Scum Hunter
The fluff is confusing. It says I was either pardoned by the king (there was none yesterday) or a scum role. I presume scum silenced me yesterday so I couldn't speak in my defense, so I don't know why they would pardon me. Only other explanation I can think of is that someone else copied the pardon ability and used it on me.

Its not fluff. The role is Sourcerer. You pardoned yourself. And its not a scum role. Its a serial killer role with a bomb and you know that. Trying to paint me as scum to save yourself last moment isnt going to work.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 5 Vote Count:

Val - 2 (Mitch #859, Badger #873)
Mitch - 1 (Val #875)

Not Voting: CWE, Matthieu, Robozerim

Robozerim

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him

Pretty sure it's been said more than once that Morrison implied he could do something to help CWE, then he flipped Chronomancer who has the ability to delay deaths (including bleeds) by two days. That fits perfectly with what CWE is saying.

Robozerim

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him

Sorcerer is Neutral, not scum. Also the Sorcerer's ability is specifically to defend themselves from execution. You know what I'm getting at there.

"Decide Fate (1x Trial Action):
You can activate this action to escape an accusation of treason levied at you. This will be told to the game as the King or the Sorcerer has pardoned the player on trial and the day will end immediately."

With a sorcerer very likely in the game (unless there is a role capable of copying the ability to pardon somebody on trial), that means we have 2 neutral roles out there: the fool with Matthieu (confirmed by him giving post restrictions), and Val the Sorcerer.

According to log books, a bleed went out that I was not responsible for. That says that the Unseen likely have at minimum one successful conversion who became an assassin, meaning at least 2 players alive are Unseen. Small chance that the Mastermind chose to become an assassin rather than attempt to recruit after BN was killed. Another small chance that LDG was Unseen.

Luckily, the 2 neutrals aren't survivors. Unluckily, the sorcerer is a serial killer in all but name, needing to kill all main faction players to win.

1. Badger- watcher/tracker something or other claim.
2. CWE - cop claim, dying tonight from delayed bleed most likely. Known for not lying, but did they every actually say they weren't recruited by the cult?
3. Matthieu - Fool, a neutral jester type role
4. MitchRapp -???
5. Robozerim- Hunter, not converted.
6. Val the Moofia Boss - Very likely neutral sorcerer.

Remove the neutrals because they can't be recruited, and me because I know I've not been recruited and my bear has made that near impossible for it to happen thus far.

1) Badger
2) CWE
3)MitchRapp

I predict two of those three are cult, and I honestly can't say for sure which of them. If CWE wasn't recruited (presumably before I put the bleed on them), then this game is in a rough spot for town. I mean, it's still a rough spot.

Robozerim

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
CWE learned they were bleeding. The Mastermind is immune to bleeding (and death at night). Even if CWE didn't have the non lying reputation, we know they can't be the mastermind. This means one of the two between Badger and MitchRapp are the mastermind.

Val the Moofia Boss

Scum Hunter
If we take the ToL wiki as gospel (dangerous to assume roles are the exact same), then the sorceror has a night kill. You are also assuming that in addition to me being a sorceror, that there is still the mafia out there. That would mean there should have been two night kills last night. Only Xanjori died...

Robozerim

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
If we take the ToL wiki as gospel (dangerous to assume roles are the exact same), then the sorceror has a night kill. You are also assuming that in addition to me being a sorceror, that there is still the mafia out there. That would mean there should have been two night kills last night. Only Xanjori died...
A double tap is a very real possibility. Going with the hypothetical of you being a sorcerer, who would you really try to hit? Me? I have a bear that turns me into a PGO specifically for those who try to kill me. CWE? Dead man walking already, wasted kill. Matthieu? The sorcerer needs to kill everybody but the neutrals, no point in hitting him. That leaves Xanjori, who wasn't likely to be lynched, and then Mitch and Badger who are both lynch bait. There's clear incentive to take out Xanjori in that situation, and if the cult did it too then you'd have a single death with two killers.

However, there is another angle. You'd really only need 1 of the two potential lynch candidates alive. Kill one, hope for the cult to hit Xanjori and we're at 5 instead of the current 6, lynch the other and it's 4, CWE bleeds to death for 3 and you kill me tonight either directly or through bombs for all blue dragon and unseen dead, netting the victory. The biggest snag here? The mastermind of the unseen is immune to death at night. You target the mastermind and your kill fails, leading to only 1 death.

Robozerim

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
I am going to look through the roles to see if there is an alternative to Val being the Sorcerer, something that could have saved him and given the fake impression of being saved by the King or Sorcerer, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Robozerim

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Reading through the roles...I have suspicions that Matthieu is not the Fool, he is The Scorned. He seemed very okay with just giving up on being lynched, and in fact very amenable to cooperating so as to not die, which is against what his win condition would be as a Fool. Both roles have the ability to use the troll box action to force post restrictions on players. Additionally, the Scorned also has the ability to silence players for a period of 24 hours, which would explain the silences we've experienced. Faking a fool claim gives us incentive to not lynch him, and hides that he is a moderately more troublesome role than he really is.

This ultimately doesn't mean a lot. His win condition changes to needing to see two people he's "marked" lynched, and it adds a couple minor irritations like how he could have faked a couple of the dead peoples' role cards upon their flip. I'd bet he marked Val yesterday and then silenced him so he couldn't defend himself in the hopes it would be enough to get him lynched.

I have seen nothing that provides an alternative for how Val was pardoned from his execution except for him to be the sorcerer.

CWE

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Reading through the roles...I have suspicions that Matthieu is not the Fool, he is The Scorned. He seemed very okay with just giving up on being lynched, and in fact very amenable to cooperating so as to not die, which is against what his win condition would be as a Fool. Both roles have the ability to use the troll box action to force post restrictions on players. Additionally, the Scorned also has the ability to silence players for a period of 24 hours, which would explain the silences we've experienced. Faking a fool claim gives us incentive to not lynch him, and hides that he is a moderately more troublesome role than he really is.

This ultimately doesn't mean a lot. His win condition changes to needing to see two people he's "marked" lynched, and it adds a couple minor irritations like how he could have faked a couple of the dead peoples' role cards upon their flip. I'd bet he marked Val yesterday and then silenced him so he couldn't defend himself in the hopes it would be enough to get him lynched.

I have seen nothing that provides an alternative for how Val was pardoned from his execution except for him to be the sorcerer.
I'm at work and can't look too hard into this...but this will be the 1stthing I look at after work.

...in 5 hours.

Robozerim

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
My thoughts....

You and Mitch are probably Unseen. CWE is probably Blue Dragon and about to bleed to death. Matthieu is the Scorned neutral role. Val is probably the Sorcerer. If we lynch Val, CWE's death will leave me as the last blue dragon left alive.

You claimed a role, Mitch has not. I could take a guess and hope that means you are the recruit while Mitch is the Mastermind. However, the role you claimed and info you gave I seem to remember being things that could have been presented just by paying attention to what people and log books said happened.

Option 1: We lynch Val, the sorcerer. We go into this night, CWE bleeds out. It's 1 Neutral who will almost certainly be ignored, me the last blue dragon, and you two unseen members. You guys either attack me or recruit me if you have any recruitment attempts left, and it's game over unless the unseen action fails. If it does fail and no deaths occur, we go into tomorrow with 2 unseen, 1 neutral who may want to lynch anybody he can mark, and me. I most likely get lynched. The death of the person who hammers me will be irrelevant if there's two of them left on the team anyway.

Option 2: We lynch one of you two and hope I'm right that both are Unseen. CWE bleeds out still, and Val gets the chance to detonate his bombs. Those bombs are a gamble, depending on who he has them on. It's entirely possible most of his targets are dead already or are the mastermind who is immune to kills, though if I'm right then either the mastermind is lynched by then or his last ally which automatically triggers his transformation into the night kill vulnerable assassin. Val could also just use a standard night kill if his bombs aren't viable. This path leads to at least two night kills being possible. 1 cult, 1 neutral (ignored most likely), 1 blue dragon, 1 SK. If the cult and SK hit each other and nobody else, blue dragon victory. That's a huge if.

Robozerim

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
My predictions:

1) Badger- former Observer, now the Unseen Night Watch
2. CWE - Sheriff, one of two living Blue Dragons, and about to bleed to death tonight.
3. Matthieu - The Scorned. Been a little imp making people silenced and hoping to get his marks lynched. Neutral party and likely a non factor going forward.
4. MitchRapp - The Mastermind.
5. Robozerim- Hunter. The second of two Blue Dragons, and soon to be the sole Blue Dragon.
6. Val the Moofia Boss - The Sorcerer.

Robozerim

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
If my assumptions are right, lynching one of the Unseen is a huge gamble because the Sorcerer could blow everybody up. There is the possibility of a Blue Dragon victory, but it requires incredible luck with the bomb targets, and considering he'd be able to place another bomb today I doubt it's going to work out well, plus it requires the last unseen and the sorcerer to kill each other and nobody else. Possible, but very improbable. Odds are heavily in favour of a serial killer victory this route.

If we lynch the sorcerer, the odds of a blue dragon victory are still low, but perhaps slightly greater because we only have 1 scum kill to deal with at night. I may have a trick or two still up my sleeve for tonight that is easier to pull off with only 1 killer around, especially if the possible second killer doesn't even need to target anybody at night to blow everybody up.

Robozerim

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Vote: Val the Moofia Boss

I don't see how he could be anything but the Sorcerer, and the best odds of me winning, either as blue dragon or as a last minute convert to the unseen, is by killing the serial killer that could blow us all to bits.

Top Bottom