Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 17 - The Interim Throne

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Welcome to the game thread for The Interim Thone game. The game will begin once the rand happens, but I wanted the rules ahead of time. Rolecards coming soon.

Initial Game Information:

1. This is a cult style game. I repeat. This is a cult style game.
  2. There will be NO writeups this game. Certain actions will receive feedback (outside of investigation results), based on what happens during the night that can be saved in logbooks or shared in the thread. There may be some flavor for start/end of day, but it should not be used as game information
  3. Role-claiming, breadcrumbing, fake claiming, etc will be allowed. A list of all roles in the game will be made available to everyone. There is nothing hidden this game as all players will see all possible abilities. While claims are allowed, please do not abuse this as it can take away from the game as a whole.

As this game includes roles and rules that are different, I have made a few channels inside the game discord that will show all potential roles in the game. This does not mean every role is in the game, but they will be randomly decided based on the below formula.

Game Setup Specifics:

15 player game:

- The Cult or Unseen will begin with 2 members. The Cult may convert to reach a total of 4 members, the Unseen may convert to reach a total of 3 members.
- Conversion Protection: If conversion fails three times in a row, a convert will be chosen at random from all eligible players; including the current failed target. This will occur after all other actions on the night of the third failure.

Sample Starting Role Breakdown - 15 player game

1 King
1 Prince
1+ Sheriff or Paladin
6-7 Additional Blue Dragon Members

2 Unseen or Cult Members
1 Neutral Killing
2-3 Other Neutrals

Day/Night Phases:

Day/Night will end at 8:00pm ET (GMT-4). Length of phases may be adjusted to compensate. End game phases may start/end earlier depending on game state.

Day 1 will last a maximum of 24 hours and will be a standard majority elimination or Sleep. After Day 1, the remaining game will follow the below.

Sleep is a valid vote and will immediately end day upon hitting majority during the nomination phases on Day 2+.

Day Phases are split into two distinct phases that cannot exceed a total of 48 hours. During the day, players will vote to put another player on trial for treason, known as the Nomination Phase. The day will then move into the Trial Phase which lasts for at most 12 hours. During this phase, players will vote to execute or pardon a player. There can be at most two trials during one day phase. At the 36 hour mark, if no trial has been done, the player with the most votes will automatically be put on trial for the remainder of the day. This will not happen when day phases are shortened. The day will end when a player is executed, two trials end in pardon, or the total day length hits 48 hours.

Nomination Phase: Players will submit votes to put another player on trial starting on Day 2. The nomination phase will continue until a majority is reached or 36 hours have passed without a trial being initiated.

Trial Phase: Once the game progresses to this phase players will vote to Execute, Pardon, or Abstain (you can still use BBCode). The trial ends after 12 hours or majority is reached on Execute or Pardon. If majority is not reached, all non-voting players will automatically Abstain and a simple majority of voting players will determine the outcome. If there is a tie, the player on trial will be pardoned.

If a King is eliminated or killed, the first 12 hours of the day will be to elect a new King. All votes during this time will be for that purpose. If majority is not reached by the end of the 12 hour period, no King will be promoted and there will no longer be a King for the remainder of the game. When a new King is elected or the 12 hours runs out, day will continue from where it left off. These vote phases no longer occur if there are 5 players remaining.

Night Phase will last 24 hours and no talking will be allowed in thread during this time. You can use the general channel in Discord for non-game related chat during night. You have until 7:00pm ET (GMT-5) to submit your night actions each night.

Game Mechanics

1. At the start of the game, one player will be announced as the King. The King will either start as a Good King, Unseen King, or Cult King. This King’s alignment will not be known and you will need to use your social deduction skills to determine if the King is on your side or not. The odds for Good King are 60% and the odds for Cult/Unseen is 40%
  2. There can only be the Unseen or Cult in this game. Not both. There can be no more than 3 of any class that is not unique. There must be at least one healer (Physician, Alchemist, or Chronomancer).
  3. If the King is removed by vote or killed, the town will come together and vote on a new King during a special Dawn phase. After that, the day will begin. If there are five or fewer players remaining, there will be no new elections for King.
  4. Phase changes for Nomination and Trial will happen immediately upon hitting the votes or time passing and does not require the mod to move phases.
  5. All players will be able to keep a logbook. This cannot exceed 50 words (I will be forgiving with formatting not counting towards words) and will be released to all players upon your death. This can contain information about your targets, role, things that happened, results, etc. Or it can be used to provide disinformation depending on how roles can obscure and manipulate flips, faking results, etc. Or you can just use it to shitpost/taunt on your death. You can submit one logbook each phase which will lock it in as the newest one. If a logbook is not submitted, none will be flipped or the most recent version submitted will be used.
  6. If you are occupied, redirected, or imprisoned a total of 3 times (separate nights), you will become immune to all forms of occupation and redirection (except to The Prince). You will not be told when this happens and it will just work passively. If you are imprisoned three times by the Prince, you cannot be imprisoned again.
  7. Imprisonment will not remove a Cult/Unseen player from their chat, but will prevent them from speaking in that chat during that night.
  8. Framed results are Killer/Offensive to the Princess, Unseen to the Sheriff, Cult to the Paladin, and the Observer will see them visiting someone who died that night.
  9. If an attack is unhealable, it cannot be protected by typical heals/protects but can still be stopped by death immunity. Death immunity, in some cases, can be overridden by a player’s actions. Death Immunity does not prevent death from bleeds.
  10. The game will follow typical Mafia feedback. Only roles that need a notification of their action failing will be told.
  11. I recommend reading the roles as some roles are death immune (can be bypassed by other roles and actions), occupy (roleblock) immune, and redirect/conversion immune.

Feedback: This is how some results will return to give you an idea

1. If your action is a kill, bleed, or returns results, and fails for most reasons, you will be told Action Failed.
  2. If you protect someone and the action fails resulting in their death, you will be told Action Failed. Only the Chronomancer will be told if they successfully prevent a death due to their role mechanics. If a player survives a kill attempt due to a heal, they will be told they survived but not who healed them.
  3. You will be told at the end of the phase if you are bleeding, unless hidden. Only the player who was bled will be told if their bleed is healed.
  4. If there is specific role feedback, it will be listed on your rolecard.

Rules:

1. No discussing this game with any players outside of the game thread, unless you have a specialized Discord thread to do so.
  2. Please no angleshooting or OGI (out of game information), such as a player’s potential lurking or activity, or seeing they are active in another thread/discord but not Mafia. Focus on the game and what is happening in the game.
  3. There will be no night chat allowed in the thread. The general chat in Discord will be enabled to allow non-game chat during each night phase.
  4. All other typical Mafia rules are in play. All actions will follow Natural Action Resolution and unmodified actions of the same type will go first. Conflicting redirections may fail.

Living Players:

1. FutureHold - King
2. 3puppies
3. Badger
4. BN
5. CWE
6. LemonDemonGirl
7. Listo95
8. Matthieu
9. MitchRapp
10. morrison
11. MTR
12. Robozerim
13. Satsu
14. Val the Moofia Boss
15. Xanjori

Dead Players:

Day/Night Writeups:

Current Phase/Timer

It will soon be Day 1. Day 1 will end on May 25th at 8:00pm ET (GMT-4) or when majority is reached. With 15 players alive, majority is 8 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by end of day, there will be no elimination.

Last edited:

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Everyone of relevance in the Kingdom gathered together to discuss the worrying events of late. However, there were some amongst them that had other aims. Would they be able to figure out what was real and what was not?

They looked to the King and hoped he would lead them true.

The starting King is FutureHold. All hail King FutureHold!!!

--------------

Day 1 is beginning and will last 24 hours. Feel free to yeet or sleep if you'd like and get in any day actions, if you have any or wish to use them.

--------------

It is now Day 1. Day 1 will end on May 25th at 8:00pm ET (GMT-4) or when majority is reached. With 15 players alive, majority is 8 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by end of day, there will be no elimination.

Last edited:

Blind Ninja

Godfather
Vote: Matt

He missed the last few games and this is my traditional D1 vote.

I do NOT intent to lynch him today.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
Vote: Blind Ninja

He did not miss the last few games and this is my traditional D1 vote.

I do NOT intent to lynch him today.

ForgottenHold

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Greetings, it is I, King FutureHold.

My lovely subjects. I do not intend for you to follow my vote, but I shall start with old time tradition today.

Vote: MTR

I will seek council later

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

Matthieu - 1 (Blind Ninja #3)
MTR - 1 (FutureHold #7)

Not Voting: 3puppies, Badger, CWE, LemonDemonGirl, Listo95, Matthieu, MitchRapp, morrison, MTR, Robozerim, Satsu, Val the Moofia Boss, Xanjori

It is now Day 1. Day 1 will end at 8:00pm ET (GMT-4) on May 25th or when majority is reached. With 15 players alive, majority is 8 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by end of day, there will be no elimination.

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
The bagpipes were playing! The whisky was being drunk! The mountains were alive with the sound of music…but something else “Sounded like vote Badger!”

Our young furry protagonist lying in bed dealing with a hangover “Aww ffs not that bloody Fox agaaain!!! Got a bloody headache! *peers round* Naah sights clear but she’ll be nagging away somewhere ged!”

*looks ahh no here…wait I see a Matthieuuu interesting! He claimed I was scum when we last met! Bet that bloody fox is waatching!*

Badger: “Right Irn Bru! Prayers! Vitamins!” Which intro song? Am I good or bad??? Either…

orrrr….

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Vote: Matthieu

Just because…well ya ken

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

MTR - 2 (FutureHold #7, Blind Ninja #10)
Matthieu - 1 (Badger #17)

Not Voting: 3puppies, CWE, LemonDemonGirl, Listo95, Matthieu, MitchRapp, morrison, MTR, Robozerim, Satsu, Val the Moofia Boss, Xanjori

It is now Day 1. Day 1 will end at 8:00pm ET (GMT-4) on May 25th or when majority is reached. With 15 players alive, majority is 8 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by end of day, there will be no elimination.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
You are quite the clever one though for finding us.

Little known fact and tagging him even though he can’t comment…

I introduced @Mazer to Mafia. I was the Frankenstein…but he was the monster..a huggable one though xx

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
PS…Mitch

OMGUS = Oh My God U Suck. As in won’t vote you back just because you voted me.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Ohhh LDG! Never knew you had it in ya!!

MitchRapp

Lost Wolf
You are quite the clever one though for finding us.

Little known fact and tagging him even though he can’t comment…

I introduced @Mazer to Mafia. I was the Frankenstein…but he was the monster..a huggable one though xx
Have to vote somewhere. Played with a few of these gents last round.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Have to vote somewhere. Played with a few of these gents last round.
Fair enough.

Just remember…I am 100% fun. Most of the time.

Apart from me, anything else strike out to you over my performance sir?

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Or are you one of those guys who says “OMG he’s looud..may very well be scum” kinda guys!

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Kinda surprised @morrison hasn’t eaten you by now if you’re this new!

Maybe he’s full at the moment.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I'm new here, not new to the game. Though this particular game, Throne of Lies, is new to me.
Interesting you say that young Miotch..

Considering the theme is Throne of…LIES!!!

I mean yeah new but…ya could be lying/being scum coached for all I know!!

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Dodging questions…defensive. Interesting individual I must say!

MitchRapp

Lost Wolf
Dodging questions…defensive. Interesting individual I must say!
Questions are usually indicated with a question mark. Which question of yours did I miss? Hard to sift through your (what I can only assume is drunk) ramblings.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Questions are usually indicated with a question mark. Which question of yours did I miss? Hard to sift through your (what I can only assume is drunk) ramblings.

Well aren’t we the brave slightly..aggressive one here? What has my alcohol level got to do with this? Please be gentlemanly sir!

Eg asked you who you thought of anyone else despite my “performance”? Yet you seem to beend a bit here.

I don’t know if this is hard defence town mode but defending himself/aggressive attacks does not bode well in the Palace of…Future.

Asked you simple questions yet you defend.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

MTR - 2 (FutureHold #7, Blind Ninja #10)
Matthieu - 1 (Badger #17)
Badger - 1 (MitchRapp #20)
Blind Ninja - 1 (LDG #24)
Morrison - 1 (Val #34)

Not Voting: 3puppies, CWE, Listo95, Matthieu, morrison, MTR, Robozerim, Satsu, Xanjori

MitchRapp

Lost Wolf
I find you obnoxious. That is what stands out about your performance. I was assuming you had started the holiday weekend early but alas, you are not American.

Enjoy your drink

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I find you obnoxious. That is what stands out about your performance. I was assuming you had started the holiday weekend early but alas, you are not American.

Enjoy your drink
What???

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I mean it’s one thing to attack my performance but….

non-Anerican? Drink? Really!!

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
This early BN/VK repartee is also interesting.

ForgottenHold

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Your King is back.

So far not much has occurred but as your King, I implore you do not sleep. Something shady is afoot my dear subjects.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Your King is back.

So far not much has occurred but as your King, I implore you do not sleep. Something shady is afoot my dear subjects.
Sleep is for the weak…like yo daddy!

*bah dum tshhh*

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
As in…she standing up to you and retaliating.

Not the usual dynamic lol

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
We have Future standing up to his papa, LDG standing up to you…

The takeover is imminent…

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I’m the head of the house now
Season 9 No GIF by The Office

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
you LOVE him. Almost as if he's your son.

A proud pappa... with a majestic leader as a kid.
Well we are waiting to see what kind of leader he is. I guess it is fitting for him to be king since first time we did this he was the Prince

ForgottenHold

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Well we are waiting to see what kind of leader he is. I guess it is fitting for him to be king since first time we did this he was the Prince
Morrison was the starting king that game and didn’t die, so something must’ve happened to him offscreen like your vengeful ghost putting him in a deep sleep

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him

Enjoy your drink
Speaking of drink I have some good mead I need to drink this holiday weekend. Plus I took the week off. Granted doing stuff around the house all week but still can relax a little.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Speaking of drink I have some good mead I need to drink this holiday weekend. Plus I took the week off. Granted doing stuff around the house all week but still can relax a little.
Ahh right. That holiday weekend!!

Sorry me Brit…forget lol.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I mean in Scotland…it’s basically drinking every weekend! What’s the difference aye??

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I still got that thirty percental heh

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
For thiiis time…I am wearing tomato cannon proof armoured (yes a u!!!) plating!

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Essentially as long as it’s not a drinking contest..I’m uhh prepared!

MitchRapp

Lost Wolf
Mead? Are you at a Renaissance Fair?

Blind Ninja

Godfather
As in…she standing up to you and retaliating.

Not the usual dynamic lol
I mean... thats a stretch. Retaliating against me for a kill claws did. Not really something I took stock in, other then point out her anger was misplaced.

3puppies

Lost Wolf
Gonna do this just because he's winning his own game on rajah.

Vote: Badger

Vote:
Unvote

Nah, I think the King Future / not king MTR dynamic presents an opportunity for us to learn something. Sorry MTR, but

Vote: MTR You just had a long game built about you and your house. So you can go home first.

It's a holiday weekend which means I get an extra day of couponing, so I doubt I will be around in any meaningful way until Tuesday. If I don't get inactivity killed by then, maybe there'll be something we can chew on by then.

Robozerim

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Also, it's die of fate time! The D20 says 17! But there's only 15 players. Reroll for a 8! I'm not bothering to alphabetize for my own list this time, so 8 is Matthieu according to the first post.

Vote: Matthieu

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
That sheep has a bent knee and is rolling. What should we do with it your grace?

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I don't think head rolling is really necessary today.

Anyone doing this first time and needs a Logbook tutorial?

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
There are logs for previous game logs. You cant trust if someone is really guessing.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Anyone want to make a guess? I have an idea but not sure.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I mean... thats a stretch. Retaliating against me for a kill claws did. Not really something I took stock in, other then point out her anger was misplaced.
It was only interesting is all. She’s usually not that up front. Bear in mind not played a few games in a bit…but yes you are a…cuddly bear ninja these days. :shifty:

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
She is very up front lol There is a reason her nickname is The Monster. But BN response very nice indeed. Like an olive branch. Made me feel cozy inside.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
There are logs for previous game logs. You cant trust if someone is really guessing.
In all honesty…I’ve only done one of these kinda games so forget how a “logbook” exactly works.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
I don't think head rolling is really necessary today.

Anyone doing this first time and needs a Logbook tutorial?

If it were a normal game, I would agree. Though in a cult game, I think it is worth taking someone out this day phase since if we do pick the correct target then it'll be pretty devastating for the bad guys.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
From what I understand there are only 3 scummers BD need to remove right now. 2 cultist faction and an SK type role.
It is only 20% chance to get it right at random. It is less than in instandard mafia game. not woth it.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
If it were a normal game, I would agree. Though in a cult game, I think it is worth taking someone out this day phase since if we do pick the correct target then it'll be pretty devastating for the bad guys.
*raises eyebrows*

Not the “Vote Sleep” was expecting different game or no

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah right thats a new Matthieu. No more sleep, batteries charged.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Breakfast cereal to answer any future questions. Biig here in the UK!

Attachments

• FB811155-C7C1-411B-B42A-BC6D998A52C7.png
    FB811155-C7C1-411B-B42A-BC6D998A52C7.png
    605.8 KB · Views: 1
Top Bottom