Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 19 - Cult of the Fox

3puppies

Lost Wolf
I really don't understand Foxxi's motivation to self-vote. I am wary that she's a jester or someone who needs to survive multiple types of kill attempts to win?

She actively hinted at trying to get yeeted on D1. Then survived a vig attack by MTR, killing him in the process.

While it is possible, I still don't think she's purple, though, and I think we have to focus on trying to identify the cult members first.

In other games, Foxxi has taught us to question everyone's motivation. If she was purple, why would she self-vote when other trains aren't really getting going?

I'd like to hear from Mitch, Listo and Jarrod on what they think Foxxi is up to, but for now I am going to stay with my vote on llettuce.

I'd also like to hear anyone thoughts on what Claws is up to - it doesn't seem common for a mod to also have an active character role.

Claws

All-Knowing
Vote count:
Foxxi - 3 (Bn, foxxi, mitch)
Lettuce - 1 (3pups)
Jarrod - 1 (robo)

With 9 alive majority is 5

3puppies

Lost Wolf
Foxxi, I can't see why you'd vote for yourself if you were town. And I can't see why you'd do so if you were scum.

I can easily see why you'd do this if you were 3rd party.

Who do you suspect as scum?

Foxxi

Administrator
Foxxi, I can't see why you'd vote for yourself if you were town. And I can't see why you'd do so if you were scum.

I can easily see why you'd do this if you were 3rd party.

Who do you suspect as scum?
Who the fuck knows. I was certain Void couldn't be and that was wrong. None of the usual means of figuring out player alignment works in cult games. The best guess I have is Robo since I can see an SK having a bpv and no town other than myself thus far has shown any sign of having built in protections.

As for why I'm voting myself - ya'll were always going to paranoia yeet/shoot me eventually so why not just get it over with. There is literally nothing anyone can do to ever prove they aren't cult forever. Even if people decide today they believe I'm not - it all starts anew tomorrow. Freaking groundhog day style game.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
Bill Murray Well Its Groundhog Day Again GIF

3puppies

Lost Wolf
I was guessing that maybe the unrecruiter was an important enough role for town, and it might come with a protection. But it also might be limited as to how many times it could be used.

I get Foxxi's frustration with knowing she's seen as a threat because if she survives, people will wonder why, and think she's evil. But if she's town and could still help town based on the numbers, I still don't see why she'd self-yeet.

3puppies

Lost Wolf
I was thinking Foxxi was a vig like many others in town apparently. I think she holstered N1, because of an earlier comment. Then maybe she shot at MTR night 2, when MTR was perhaps shooting at her. Claws may have done a coin flip to see who survived.

And if Foxxi has no vig shot yet, as a vanilla now maybe she's sacrificing herself for town info.

I don't know what to make of the Claws' actions

3puppies

Lost Wolf
The other concern I have about yeeting Foxxi is there may be a protection / reaction against whoever hammers

3puppies

Lost Wolf
Foxxi, if you don't want to play anymore, then why not just claim your role and get yourself modkilled? Voting yourself just feels very un-Foxxi-like.

Foxxi

Administrator
The other concern I have about yeeting Foxxi is there may be a protection / reaction against whoever hammers
I'm starting to wonder about this myself - claws was more than happy to hammer badger, and he voted and pushed me yesterday, but now that he would be the hammer he's talking about BN and lettuce and ignoring me.

As for forcing modkills - I will never as any alignment intentionally claim to force a modkill. That's abusing mechanics to try to gain an advantage imo and if I when I mod I'd punish the entire alignment for someone doing it on purpose.

Claws

All-Knowing
I was thinking Foxxi was a vig like many others in town apparently. I think she holstered N1, because of an earlier comment. Then maybe she shot at MTR night 2, when MTR was perhaps shooting at her. Claws may have done a coin flip to see who survived.

And if Foxxi has no vig shot yet, as a vanilla now maybe she's sacrificing herself for town info.

I don't know what to make of the Claws' actions
my action is are pretty easy to figure out

Blind Ninja

Godfather
Well... I see a fuckton has been discussed since we got Foxxi to L-1

Im gonna be MIA from now til Thursday night. So unlikely to swap vote off of her and provided I live through the night, ill be a slow responder. Unless I remember what my password is and log in on my phone, but this game will be far from my mind on my drive to the Keys. Then copious amounts of drinking, boating and fishing.

Kill me or dont kill me tonight. Recruit me or not. Shit, lynch me today. I wont give a fuck til I get back.

Foxxi

Administrator
well, claws choosing not to hammer me *still* despite a whole lot of nothing going on makes me feel even more like that's some kind of trap he's refusing to fall into.
Unvote: Foxxi

And me sitting at L-1 for as long as I have makes me feel like either all the scum are already sitting on me, or maybe just paranoid about what would happen if I get chopped maybe. The only person who's even attempted to engage with me and solve me has been pups so I feel good about him today. And he had a good point about robo so I may have been wrong there. That leaves listo and lettuce as people who didn't hammer me when they could have... which makes me feel a bit better about them. Though again, given claws hesitancy it is possible they just were worried what would happen I guess.

Of the votes on me mitch and jarrod feel the most opportunistic, I'd be fine with either of them if peeps want my opinion vs my yeet.

Vote: mitch

3puppies

Lost Wolf
I still don't feel great about llettuce, but it doesn't look like anyone is following me on her.

Unvote:
Llettuce

Vote: MitchRapp

I agree with Foxxi that Mitch feels opportunistic on her. Additionally, maybe I'm reading too much into this, but I just got a vibe from Mitch that he's been converted cult already.

3puppies

Lost Wolf
Has 3 puppies been cleared yet? He is exhibiting some normal scum tells.

Pay attention.

D1 I pushed Badger very early, well before any competing trains were taking off. Badger flipped purple.

D2 I was on Matthieu, for not voting Badger. N2, Matthieu was taken out by a vig, and flipped purple.
N2 I was also protected so I could not have been flipped.

What "normal scum tells" am I exhibiting?

Claws

All-Knowing
Vote count:
Foxxi - 3 (Bn 855, mitch 901, Jarrod 904)
Mitchrapp - 2 (foxxi 932, 3pup 934)
Jarrod - 1 (robo 879)

With 9 alive majority is 5

day 3 ends in 1 hour 30ish

Claws

All-Knowing
The town couldnt make up there mind today so nothing happened!

Claws paced up and down he decided it was time for a cat nap.

It is now night 3 Night 3 ends on the 26th at 7pm

Day 4 start

Claws

All-Knowing
The Unrecruiter chooses 3pups as the chosen and protects him from the cult!

The Vigs are out for blood again!

Vig shoots Foxxi, Foxxi shoots back!?!!? THE SK ALSO WANTS IN THE ACTION HE JUMPS OFF THE CHANDELIER AND PLUNGES HIS KNIFES INTO FOXXI'S SHOOTER.

Foxxi dies she was ???
Lettuce dies she was ???

Vig shoots Mitchrapp

Mitchrapp dies he was ???

Claws woke up well rested for his nap but in alot of pain as death was near. Claws decided today was the day. He pulls out robos dice of fate and makes a roll.

1719441513420.png

1. Robozerim
2. Listo95
3. 3puppies
4. BN
5. Jarrod1983
6.Claws

With 6 alive Majority is 4

Day 4 will end June 28th at 7pm est

Robozerim

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Oh, and I guess Foxxi actually was cult. My general dislike of killing Foxxi certainly overpowered the rationality of lynching her yesterday given circumstances. Oh well.

Robozerim

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
If it's 1 cultist, 1 serial killer (and 1 Claws who is presumably a neutral party as the moderator, because to be a otherwise would be crazy for the moderator to be), then we have 3 town left and it's pretty open where this goes.

If it's even 2 cultists, it's bad news bears for town, but still a shot for SK I suppose.

If it's 3 cultists, then I'm the only town left and too bad, so sad, sucks to be me and cult wins.

Robozerim

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
1. Robozerim - It's me
2. Listo95 - ???
3. 3puppies - unrecruited two consecutive nights. Unlikely to be cult, but far from a certainty. SK is very plausible still.
4. BN - ???
5. Jarrod1983- ???
6.Claws - Moderator of madness

Robozerim

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Mitch said he saw 3puppies have some of their scum tells. Mitch was town and now dead, so we know he wasn't lying. Strong voting record and unrecruiter targeting suggests fairly well that they're not cult, but now all I can think about is a 3puppies serial killer. Ugh.

Mid game event

Claws

All-Knowing
Claws flops over dead mid game event.

With his death bring the end of the fog and the return of the lost who were alive the entire time and still able to act.

Claws was Claws the Cat

The Cult has been destroyed!!

Welcome back
Grumpycat and Val

1. Robozerim
2. Listo95
3. 3puppies
4. BN
5. Jarrod1983
6. Grumpycat
7. Val

With 7 alive Majority is 4

Robozerim

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
The cult is dead. That's good. We have a serial killer left. That's bad. We have 7 alive. That's good. We don't know for sure if the only scum left is a solitary serial killer. That's bad.

Claws

All-Knowing
Vote count:
3pups - 1 (Val959)

with 7 alive majority is 4

Last edited:

3puppies

Lost Wolf
Foxxi flipping cult should not have surprised me, but I can never figure her out.

Great news that the cult has been destroyed.

If our only remaining threat is the SK, can we rule out Grumpy and Val? When were they taken out, and was the SK active when they were gone?

Mitch said he saw 3puppies have some of their scum tells. Mitch was town and now dead, so we know he wasn't lying. Strong voting record and unrecruiter targeting suggests fairly well that they're not cult, but now all I can think about is a 3puppies serial killer. Ugh.

Since I am fully town, I pressed Mitch back on what scum tells he was talking about. I didn't get any response back.

Robo did not seem to know about Vig kill restrictions, so I don't think Robo was a vigilante. Plus, Robo avoided a kill. Foxxi thought Robo was the SK because why else would any town role have a protection? I suggested that I thought the unrecruiter was an important role for town, and that might have had a BPV. Unrecruiter certainly was important because I was protected twice, and the cult have been eliminated.

Since the cult is dead, I am now guessing that the unrecruiter is basically vanilla. Which would mean that if that person is anyone else, they'd also be wondering why robo survived a kill attempt.

Sorry, robo, but

Vote: Robozerim

3puppies

Lost Wolf
Looking back, Grumpy and Val weren't rezzed yet at the time the SK acted by also attacking Foxxi. I suppose it's possible that they are some kind of threat, but I doubt it. I am thinking they are both town.

Looks like llettuce vig shot Foxxi, who also shot back and killed lettuce. But the SK also attacked Foxxi, hence her death.

I didn't trust Mitch because he falsely made up that I was showing scum tells. If I was SK, would I have brought up a possibility of limited Vig Kill attempts?

I want to go back and look at how many Vig kill attempts were made. It's possible there are Vig's out there still loaded.

There's also a lame duck unrecruiter out there, and that person has believed in me twice so far. If that person is not robo, then robo needs to go.

Robo, if that was you in that role, you'll have to explain why you didn't die when targeted.

If the SK is not robo, then since it's not Val nor Grumpy as they were not rezzed yet, it has to be one of Listo, BN or Jared. BN feels more likely a town Vig who had already shot, based on his post about kill him/lynch him/he didn't care.

Voting history won't help us because the SK probably wanted cult gone as well

Listo95

Looking back, Grumpy and Val weren't rezzed yet at the time the SK acted by also attacking Foxxi. I suppose it's possible that they are some kind of threat, but I doubt it. I am thinking they are both town.

Looks like llettuce vig shot Foxxi, who also shot back and killed lettuce. But the SK also attacked Foxxi, hence her death.

I didn't trust Mitch because he falsely made up that I was showing scum tells. If I was SK, would I have brought up a possibility of limited Vig Kill attempts?

I want to go back and look at how many Vig kill attempts were made. It's possible there are Vig's out there still loaded.

There's also a lame duck unrecruiter out there, and that person has believed in me twice so far. If that person is not robo, then robo needs to go.

Robo, if that was you in that role, you'll have to explain why you didn't die when targeted.

If the SK is not robo, then since it's not Val nor Grumpy as they were not rezzed yet, it has to be one of Listo, BN or Jared. BN feels more likely a town Vig who had already shot, based on his post about kill him/lynch him/he didn't care.

Voting history won't help us because the SK probably wanted cult gone as well
With his death bring the end of the fog and the return of the lost who were alive the entire time and still able to act.

from the "revival" of those 2.

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I dont think we were rezzed. We know from the begining that we well return at some point but not when. It had to be related to Claws in some way.

Robozerim

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Foxxi flipping cult should not have surprised me, but I can never figure her out.

Great news that the cult has been destroyed.

If our only remaining threat is the SK, can we rule out Grumpy and Val? When were they taken out, and was the SK active when they were gone?

Since I am fully town, I pressed Mitch back on what scum tells he was talking about. I didn't get any response back.

Robo did not seem to know about Vig kill restrictions, so I don't think Robo was a vigilante. Plus, Robo avoided a kill. Foxxi thought Robo was the SK because why else would any town role have a protection? I suggested that I thought the unrecruiter was an important role for town, and that might have had a BPV. Unrecruiter certainly was important because I was protected twice, and the cult have been eliminated.

Since the cult is dead, I am now guessing that the unrecruiter is basically vanilla. Which would mean that if that person is anyone else, they'd also be wondering why robo survived a kill attempt.

Sorry, robo, but

Vote: Robozerim
You did point out vigi info that I clearly did not have. If you were a serial killer, it's unlikely you would know it. Possible you could have guessed, but I'll lean not the case. I am back on the Pups is trusty wagon.

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I think it is here to not make SK think they are totally screwed.

You can tinfoil me as SK for sure but if you take a look at my d2 you can see what I could do and it is not what SK did ;p

Robozerim

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
I am no serial killer. I either didn't have or pretended not to have info on vigilantes. I clearly survived being attacked, and I'm sure it was not a mistake. Claiming is supposed to lead to death. I will not claim.

Robozerim

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
1. Robozerim- It's a me! The guy who survived being shot! Totally not a SK, plz no lynch me, k thx
2. Listo95- ???
3. 3puppies- Trust
4. BN - ???
5. Jarrod1983 - ???
6. Grumpycat - returned to us after being absent. Could have used abilities while gone, so not cleared as SK
7. Val - returned to us after being absent. Could have used abilities while gone, so not cleared as SK

Robozerim

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Serial killer is always a delight to search for, isn't it? So worried about the cult overtaking town that so little attention was paid. I'd say that it's wild that a cult game has the cult eradicated with 7 players left alive, but no less wild than a dozen or more one shot vigilantes running amok.

Seven alive. One (?) serial killer. Lynch for 6, NK for 5. Lynch for 4, NK for 3. Lynch for game over one way or another.

We have three lynches here to work with. I can only honestly say I trust myself and 3puppies, so that makes for 5 suspects. Odds are decent that we get this, as long as we don't fail to lynch yet again. If there are any more vigilantes about to shoot at the ones I don't think can be trusted, that'd be great, though I wouldn't be too shocked if they shoot me instead.

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Not easy thing to find an SK, they dont have connections with anyone and can only take a guess from their kills and since it was Xan and CWE is is so mundane even I could have done it.

So there are 7 alive 1 sk in there so 3 chances to get them if this is 1 yeet 1 kill each cycle.

Val the Moofia Boss

Scum Hunter
With so many NKs flying around, I think it is unlikely he will survive to lylo unless he has a vest. Do we know if anyone has survived an NK attempt?

Robozerim

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
With so many NKs flying around, I think it is unlikely he will survive to lylo unless he has a vest. Do we know if anyone has survived an NK attempt?
I did. The cult tried to off me, possibly because they guessed I was important, or maybe they failed to recruit me. I am no serial killer. I don't personally consider it a mystery why I survived.

Claws

All-Knowing
Vote count:
3pups - 1 (Val 959)
Robo - 1 (3pup 961)
BN - 1 (Grumpycat 973)

with 7 alive majority is 4

3puppies

Lost Wolf
I am no serial killer. I either didn't have or pretended not to have info on vigilantes. I clearly survived being attacked, and I'm sure it was not a mistake. Claiming is supposed to lead to death. I will not claim.

I am not asking you to claim, but what do you think of my thought that the unrecruiter may have had a BPV, and/or any attempt to recruit him to cult would appear as surviving a kill attempt? Do you think either of those is likely? Do you think the uncrecruiter is like a jailer, and could actually prevent more than a recruit attempt? A jailer stops a killer from killing whoever he jails, and if a jailer locks up a killer, no kill goes through. But I don't see a jailer having a BPV.

Does anyone think Grumpy and/or Val acted as SK when they were in limbo? I guess this is possible, but I think it is doubtful..

Robozerim

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
I am not asking you to claim, but what do you think of my thought that the unrecruiter may have had a BPV, and/or any attempt to recruit him to cult would appear as surviving a kill attempt? Do you think either of those is likely? Do you think the uncrecruiter is like a jailer, and could actually prevent more than a recruit attempt? A jailer stops a killer from killing whoever he jails, and if a jailer locks up a killer, no kill goes through. But I don't see a jailer having a BPV.

Does anyone think Grumpy and/or Val acted as SK when they were in limbo? I guess this is possible, but I think it is doubtful..
I think an important role like the unrecruiter would basically need a bpv in a game with so many kills to be viable. If it had a JK component, I don't see why you wouldn't just put a JK with an added stipulation that they can't be recruited, so I think it's just preventing recruitment for a night.

I am undecided on the Val/Grumpy situation, but am willing to kick that can down the road for a now.

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I think an important role like the unrecruiter would basically need a bpv in a game with so many kills to be viable. If it had a JK component, I don't see why you wouldn't just put a JK with an added stipulation that they can't be recruited, so I think it's just preventing recruitment for a night.

I am undecided on the Val/Grumpy situation, but am willing to kick that can down the road for a now.
My headcanon is that SK is a cocksucker that thought it a good idea to ask claws to write their kill writeup in a way to frame me. Or i am just a bit paranoid ;p
That would make Robo/Listo/BN poe.

Robo is wooly at it sure matters so whitch one Listo/BN first today?

Would love some hint from Robo or 3pups. 1st come first serve.

3puppies

Lost Wolf
Village Idiot healing Claws. Okaaaay.
Unrecruiter protecting VK from the cult. Neato. I may be going out on a limb, but I assume they act like a doctor, except they stop recruitment instead of kills.
Sk doin' SK things and murderin' up the town. Sinister.
Also seemingly vigilantes plural about, and given 3 apparent attempted kills, that's plausibly 3 vigilantes who could I assume be recruited by the cult and become cultish killers instead. Scary stuff. But maybe not that scary? Claws messing about with blanks? Hmmm..

Interesting to look back on this.

At the time, Void (who flipped purple) later commented that this read like a SK perspective. And Foxxi (who was cult at least at the time) also thought Robo was a SK. Must have been discussed in the cult chat.

I read this also perhaps almost just as likely that Robo may be the unrecruiter.

Unrecruiter was unsuccessful on N1, because he chose someone who was already cult. But very successful on N2 and N3 by protecting yours truly.

Village Idiot is a green role that acted N1 with a doc protect to no avail, and then tried to use a day kill which also failed. Which makes me think of bumbling joat. Since we didn't hear anything else, this may be Grumpy or Val, or someone else already dead.

I suspected BN is a vig killer who used his shot N2, and this became vanilla.

Which leads me to think listo and/or Jared have to be the next potential candidates for SK, after Robo

3puppies

Lost Wolf
My headcanon is that SK is a cocksucker that thought it a good idea to ask claws to write their kill writeup in a way to frame me. Or i am just a bit paranoid ;p
That would make Robo/Listo/BN poe.

Robo is wooly at it sure matters so whitch one Listo/BN first today?

Would love some hint from Robo or 3pups. 1st come first serve.

Heck, Robo has been fun and solvy, and for now I will go with him as unrecruiter

I don't think it is BN, so

Vote: Listo

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Heck, Robo has been fun and solvy, and for now I will go with him as unrecruiter

I don't think it is BN, so

Vote: Listo
Its ok Listo was my top sk i only wanted to tease bn a bit. I had that feeling in this game that he was fishing.

And Robo is fun so thats great.

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
It could have been one of my 3 abilities but seriously Robo do you really want it to go on? Its going to be you or BN in the end.

Can you make a case on Val or Jarrod? Come one maybe you still have a shot at this.

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
What happened in he woods stays in the woods but come on Val we need a yeet today. can leave sleep for f4.

Lets get BN and thats it.

Otherwise its always been Robo ;>

And yet otherwise you can do what I said. Well played ;p

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
Does anyone think that since we wiped out the last cult member that maybe Grumpy or Val could be a cultist thought dead but back to finish the cult's work? I know people threw out one could be the SK but thought this could be another idea.

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Ok it is possible that SK and cult can win together but it doesnt matter anymore just get sk gg

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Fishing is not a crime i did it at times. And booze if a good match.

Otherwise like i said. See you tommorow or i guess not :p

3puppies

Lost Wolf
Does anyone think that since we wiped out the last cult member that maybe Grumpy or Val could be a cultist thought dead but back to finish the cult's work? I know people threw out one could be the SK but thought this could be another idea.

Initially I explored this thought in my mind, but discarded it after review of Claw's words. The cult has been eliminated.

I think we have to go with the person who survived a kill attempt. Since both Foxxi and Void thought Robo was SK, and their reads are better than mine.

Vote: Robo

Top Bottom