Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 19 - Cult of the Fox

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Its Foxxi because it is her tribute game and those have a role specially asigned?

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I dont have a super strong scum read on her ;p
It's interesting. Badger was half defending her by telling me not to vote her before he came after me saying she and I were aligned.

He kept saying that she seems to calm and unworried about being yeeted.

llettuce

nimbdrs
Pronouns
she/her
Yep. That's my theory. It's the fact its Claws making the game and some other things I am gleaning.
That seems like a risky strat for a cultists, tho I would guess if it's the case she has some protections which would also make sense with her nonchalance on getting yeeted

llettuce

nimbdrs
Pronouns
she/her
Also been thinking about if/what claws vote conditions might be

I'm not sure it matters but maybe worthwhile to consider as the game goes on

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
That seems like a risky strat for a cultists, tho I would guess if it's the case she has some protections which would also make sense with her nonchalance on getting yeeted
I 100% believe she has some form of protections. I am just not sure what the protections specifically entail.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Also been thinking about if/what claws vote conditions might be

I'm not sure it matters but maybe worthwhile to consider as the game goes on
He's bleeding and was healed, but still bleeding. I think we may not have to worry about him. Or he will turn into an SK and kill us all.

I'm actually okay with the latter lmao.

llettuce

nimbdrs
Pronouns
she/her
He's bleeding and was healed, but still bleeding. I think we may not have to worry about him. Or he will turn into an SK and kill us all.

I'm actually okay with the latter lmao.
Not sure I'm ready to write it off, but also I can wait until tomorrow for too much thought

Claws

All-Knowing
And then not allowing anyone to actually use a gun would be even more so claws
Season 14 Episode 6 GIF by The Simpsons

Matthieu

Vigilante
I am wondering how many vigilantes are out and about, and how many kill attempts each may have? Replacing bullets with blanks kind of felt like a roleblock, but allowing reloading of the bullets makes me think a shot wasn't used, or at least they still have another shot?

I am guessing there are a LOT of vigilantes, perhaps even a majority of the players?

I read Badger as scum and was convinced he was even when there was no flip. He seems to get a LOT angrier when he's falsely accused. And I don't mean this to be disrespectful of the work he's done in his real-life to deal with what he's been going through. While I got on board early on his train, and even as others followed, I didn't sense Badger's reaction as a terribly angry falsely accused town.

What is interesting to me are the players who avoided the Badger train.

Foxxi - 5 (Grumpy 155, LDG 389, Badger 425, matthieu428,(Val 531)
LDG - 1 (MitchRapp 44)
Jarrod - 1 (CWE 441)

Not voting: Lettuce, Mazer

Grumpy, Mitch, and LDG I can give a pass, as those votes were cast well before Badger's train was seriously taking off. Matthieu and Val, on the other hand, could have been seen as trying to protect a teammate. Same with llettuce and Mazer.

Vote: matthieu

Going with POE to someone I see as more likely than some of the others
...?

Not that I want you to vote for Val but I find it weird that you're choosing to cast a vote on me when I clearly explained my reasoning for my D1 vote and Val has come in with a vote to sleep in a cult game on D2.

Matthieu

Vigilante
It just reeks of you showing up to cast a vote and be 'seen', especially since you only have five posts and up until this day phase were the second lowest poster after Llettuce who only had one post prior to this day phase. To Llettuce's credit that has now changed, we'll see if it's the case with you, I guess.

llettuce

nimbdrs
Pronouns
she/her
...?

Not that I want you to vote for Val but I find it weird that you're choosing to cast a vote on me when I clearly explained my reasoning for my D1 vote and Val has come in with a vote to sleep in a cult game on D2.
Why don't you want a vote on Val? Is there something that isn't sus there? Really hasn't made me feel good this phase

Matthieu

Vigilante
I'm only calling attention to it because 3puppies implied it was between myself and Val but Val's vote this day phase is counterproductive and at no point did 3puppies acknowledge my stated reasons for voting the way I did on D1 which strikes me as strange, especially since he's trying to spin a narrative of me defending Badger which...I did not do.

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
MTR wanted to be recruited and thats such a furry cult they might just get along.

Sorry I thik you could be a cultist now ;<

Vote: MTR

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Could be like matt val robo i could see the world.

But Robo is wooly. Doesnt sound right.

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Or its just so easy as Foxxi. I mean she is standing right here. Grinning.

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
So you gonna get VK now ;/ He cant be unrecruited twice for sure.

Do you want a vote Void? Town strong forever?

Claws

All-Knowing
Vote Count:

Foxxi - 2 (VK 645, Claws 722)
Val - 2 (BN 675, Grumpycat 740)
Vk - 1 (Ldg 688)
Matthieu - 1 (3pup 690)
3pups - 1 Matthieu 723)
Grumpycat - 1 (Val 738)

Not voting: Foxxi, MTR, Robozerim, CWE, Listo95, Lettuce, MitchRapp, Jarrod1983, Mazer

with 17 alive Majority is 9

Day ends june 22 @ 7pm est

Last edited:

3puppies

Lost Wolf
@Blind Ninja I am inclined to trust you at this point, if for no other reason than you started the train on Badger. I very much doubt you would have done that if you were teammates with him.

What do you think of Val, Mazer, Matthieu, llettuce, Foxxi or CWE ?

I don't feel strongly about Matthieu but I voted him only for his avoidance of the Badger train. He's given me an OMGUS vote, saying I didn't listen to why he voted Foxxi, which is probably fair of him if he was town.

Foxxi is difficult to read - her commentary could easily be interpreted either way, but we all know she's a remarkably skilled player, who knows she's usually an early target.

Foxxi

Administrator
Yup. Everyone should just trust BN forever now since he helped yeet badger. No way that'll bite anyone in the ass.

Foxxi

Administrator
I've decided I'm going to take on the role of hammerer. Ya'll vote whoever you want and I'll hammer. That sounds fun I think.

Blind Ninja

Godfather
@Blind Ninja I am inclined to trust you at this point, if for no other reason than you started the train on Badger. I very much doubt you would have done that if you were teammates with him.

What do you think of Val, Mazer, Matthieu, llettuce, Foxxi or CWE ?

I don't feel strongly about Matthieu but I voted him only for his avoidance of the Badger train. He's given me an OMGUS vote, saying I didn't listen to why he voted Foxxi, which is probably fair of him if he was town.

Foxxi is difficult to read - her commentary could easily be interpreted either way, but we all know she's a remarkably skilled player, who knows she's usually an early target.
I 100% would have talked to badger like that, even if I was teamed with him. Its just something about his play that rubs me.

Val - Very much no present in thread. I have a hard to developing a read on someone not adding to the conversation.
Mazer - Hasnt said a lot, but of the 6 people you listed, top 2 in content game related. I wouldnt put it past him to be scum, but nothing is pointing me in that direction right now.
Matt - Bring ups a going point about you ignoring things he's said and havent responded to. His play so far has been NAI. But still dont understand why he is 100% opposed to ever voting Val. Could be something to look at.
Llettuce - Was MIA D1, better today. Someone to keep an eye on to see if participation continues, or goes back in the toilet.
Foxxi - She has an interesting outlook on this game. D1 wanted to be yeeted to not deal with cult, now seems indifferent. Amusing theory about this being a tribute game to her, which is not something Claws said. But as she has stated, need to keep looking out for people as the game progresses, since recruits can/will happen.
CWE - Aside from his "tell no lie" outlook, I leave reading him to people that are more used to him. I dont see anything off about him.

3puppies

Lost Wolf
Yup. Everyone should just trust BN forever now since he helped yeet badger. No way that'll bite anyone in the ass.

I did not suggest trusting BN forever, because even I understand that this being a cult game means we can't trust anyone forever. While I accept the possibility BN may have been targeted for recruitment right away, I'd still like to hear his thoughts.

To you, Foxxi, earlier you mentioned the possibility/likelihood of more than 3 town vigilantes. What are your thoughts on my follow-up, where I think there could be significantly more than three town vig killers? Would you agree that claws might pull off something like that?

Blind Ninja

Godfather
I've decided I'm going to take on the role of hammerer. Ya'll vote whoever you want and I'll hammer. That sounds fun I think.
I think we need to get people to L-2/L-3 and have the votes ready to send. Dont want to give Claws a chance to hammer and remove more info from us.

Blind Ninja

Godfather
What are your thoughts on my follow-up, where I think there could be significantly more than three town vig killers? Would you agree that claws might pull off something like that?
Half feels you could be hinting at your role with a statement like that, unless you were one of the 3 that shot last night. OBVIOUSLY dont humor that with a response.

Claws giving everyone a gun is something I can see him doing. Would be just enough chaos for him.

Claws

All-Knowing
Half feels you could be hinting at your role with a statement like that, unless you were one of the 3 that shot last night. OBVIOUSLY dont humor that with a response.

Claws giving everyone a gun is something I can see him doing. Would be just enough chaos for him.
He says enough heheheh

Claws

All-Knowing
I did not suggest trusting BN forever, because even I understand that this being a cult game means we can't trust anyone forever. While I accept the possibility BN may have been targeted for recruitment right away, I'd still like to hear his thoughts.

To you, Foxxi, earlier you mentioned the possibility/likelihood of more than 3 town vigilantes. What are your thoughts on my follow-up, where I think there could be significantly more than three town vig killers? Would you agree that claws might pull off something like that?
Monster Hunter No GIF by Ludo Studio

Foxxi

Administrator

Oh absolutely. I expect half of us at least have guns.

Foxxi

Administrator
I know

What do you think about VKs thoughts on you
I can see where he gets them from, I'd prolly conclude the same thing about him if it were the cult of the void or whatever. I also don't particularly care. I don't believe he currently has any ulterior motives given how badger didn't wanna crucify void for pushing him, and Void was the target of someone preventing conversion - so *shrug*

Foxxi

Administrator
I think we need to get people to L-2/L-3 and have the votes ready to send. Dont want to give Claws a chance to hammer and remove more info from us.
Also doubt it was claws that removed info unless the SK is also a cannibal. Not impossible, but since we have two deaths with no role flip it makes it less likely either scenario specifically was why, and more likely we just won't get roles no matter what.

Claws

All-Knowing
Val - 3 (BN 675, Grumpycat 740, Lettuce 766)
Vk - 1 (Ldg 688)
Matthieu - 1 (3pup 690)
3pups - 1 Matthieu 723)
Grumpycat - 1 (Val 738)
LDG - 1 (Mitchrapp 765)

Not voting: Foxxi, MTR, Robozerim, CWE, Listo95, Jarrod1983, Mazer

Matthieu

Vigilante
Matt - Bring ups a going point about you ignoring things he's said and havent responded to. His play so far has been NAI. But still dont understand why he is 100% opposed to ever voting Val. Could be something to look at.
Tradition. I think people are reading too much into it, I wasn't speaking in the context of this game on that front. More so in the context of every game. I will not vote for Val in this game, just as I will not do so in the next game and did not do so in the previous game.

It's an irrelevant point, just something I wanted to clarify.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Stop stealing my shit. If dramatic hammerer goes away, I don't have much.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
It's a cult game, so this is always a moving target. The danger, even more than people making basic probability and math errors, is that people start sheeping someone because they weren't scum at some point.

Right now, id say that vk and blind ninja weren't scum yesterday. And looks vk would still not be.

Badger will definitely run a "bus a teammate" play when it's called. But its not always his first priority.

At least that's my thoughts as I read in the dark, trying not to wake anyone up, in a Colorado hotel.

Back on the road soon.

Hoping to check in this afternoon.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Scanner through agsin. Also adding mitch to the "wasnt scum yesterday" list.

Also, the early badger reaction to votes mildly different than what I would expect in retrospect.

Robozerim

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
We certainly could off the other train at this point. Foxxi is generally seen as a boon to have on your team, making her a tempting recruit in addition to possibly starting as a cultist, and since it was between Badger and Foxxi yesterday and it seems that Badger was a cultist based on colours, then Foxxi is given some town cred. However, she also has a lot of attention on her and is a frequent choice for a kill from those who aren't on her team, and probably sometimes even those who are aligned with her. She'd have been a risky recruit.

I have my suspicions that not everybody can be recruited. A serial killer I suspect might be immune, there's obviously the target of the unrecruiter, but would it make sense for a role that works to block recruitment to be recruitable themselves? I wouldn't be surprised if they can't be recruited either. I'd guess all the vigilantes can be recruited because that's a juicy factional kill added to the cult if they chance upon the right person. Given the seeming presence of at least 3 vigilantes, it's probably inevitable that they will get themselves a kill sooner or later.

CWE is a double edged sword for the recruit choice. As the resident never liar, they often get extra town cred that most people don't, but being so averse to lying can obviously be a handicap. Though, it's clear enough in past interactions that you don't have to outright lie to deceive. People do a lot of filling in the blanks with things that aren't actually said.

Those who voted against Badger are obviously tempting because of the inherent town cred.

Okay....so I think if I were to try and hunt for the recruit, which may or may not have succeeded, I would probably look at those who voted against Badger or those who were completely uninvolved in the Foxxi/Badger dichotomy.

If we are to search for original cult members, I'd probably look into those who didn't vote for Badger except for maybe those nearer the end of Badger's train because of late busing.

If the recruiter is a single person and it doesn't transfer from them, then obviously we'd want to kill them as soon as possible to make a town win plausible. Mind you, given the high amount of apparent vigilantes, I wouldn't be surprised if it was possible to transfer the ability just to avoid having a case of being murdered right off the bat at night ruining the cult's entire shtick. Either that or the recruiter could have protections to save them from death.

I think that we should search for original cult members. It's possible the recruit failed (unrecruiter, innate immunity to recruitment, role blocking or w/e) and there's the possibility that if we kill the original recruiter we can stop further recruiting.

I think I'll throw my lot in with 3puppies' earlier post and go for one of those who were on the Foxxi train.

Vote: Matthieu

llettuce

nimbdrs
Pronouns
she/her
I just mean in general, I didnt like the tone of stealing the kill from d1 end

Claws

All-Knowing
Val - 4 (BN 675, Grumpycat 740, Lettuce 766, Jarrod 775)
Matthieu - 2 (3pup 690, Robo 777)
Vk - 1 (Ldg 688)
3pups - 1 (Matthieu 723)
Grumpycat - 1 (Val 738)
LDG - 1 (Mitchrapp 765)

Not voting: Foxxi, MTR, CWE, Listo95, Mazer

Blind Ninja

Godfather
Tradition. I think people are reading too much into it, I wasn't speaking in the context of this game on that front. More so in the context of every game. I will not vote for Val in this game, just as I will not do so in the next game and did not do so in the previous game.

It's an irrelevant point, just something I wanted to clarify.
I just dont understand why you will never vote there. Tradition is a BS excuse.

Val the Moofia Boss

Scum Hunter
Less than 6 hours until day ends, huh. Wonder if there will be a mad scramble to get me lynched by then. I would claim. But I can't.

I hate the cult. Pinkie promise.

llettuce

nimbdrs
Pronouns
she/her
Less than 6 hours until day ends, huh. Wonder if there will be a mad scramble to get me lynched by then. I would claim. But I can't.

I hate the cult. Pinkie promise.
Who do you think might be in the cult then? What are your thoughts on game? Is there anyone or thing that stands out to you?

I'm willing to change my vote, but you havent given me any reason to.

Claws

All-Knowing
i enjoy val and yall should be smoking the foxxi out it is ordained yes she is a strong townplayer she is also a Strong recruite once insimulated as "town player" we must rise above this and show her swift grave theres no saying what she randed
:lol:

Claws

All-Knowing
Role: Claws the Cat
**Alignment:** REDACTED
**Type:** REDACTED

**Abilities:**
REDACTED
REDACTED
REDACTED
REDACTED
REDACTED

**Win Condition:REDACTED

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Damnit i only have 4 abilities. Mod giving himself a better role. Typical.

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
So whats with Foxxi? I can get what you are saying but do you actually have deets on her?

Top Bottom