Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 19 - Cult of the Fox

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Village Idiot healing Claws. Okaaaay.
Unrecruiter protecting VK from the cult. Neato. I may be going out on a limb, but I assume they act like a doctor, except they stop recruitment instead of kills.
Sk doin' SK things and murderin' up the town. Sinister.
Also seemingly vigilantes plural about, and given 3 apparent attempted kills, that's plausibly 3 vigilantes who could I assume be recruited by the cult and become cultish killers instead. Scary stuff. But maybe not that scary? Claws messing about with blanks? Hmmm..
I read this and immediately went

"This sounds like a SK perspective."

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Foxxi or Robo. Foxxi or Robo.

I got rid of Badger, my first furry nemisis. Now I must remove the others.

I will reign supreme as the one true furry.

Robo is furry for the purposes of this exercise.

Foxxi

Administrator
I'm not gunna fight a yeet today any more than I did yesterday, so have at it.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
So 19 players.

1 SK, 1 Claws.

Badger was one of the cult and I doubt we started with 1. Cult likely started with 2 or 3 if we are going with how throne of lies goes. ToL has a CD and limit on recruitments.

15/2/1/1 or 14/3/1/1 was what the game started as, assuming no other neutrals.

Blind Ninja

Godfather
So 19 players.

1 SK, 1 Claws.

Badger was one of the cult and I doubt we started with 1. Cult likely started with 2 or 3 if we are going with how throne of lies goes. ToL has a CD and limit on recruitments.

15/2/1/1 or 14/3/1/1 was what the game started as, assuming no other neutrals.
Info or assumption?

Claws

All-Knowing
Vote Count:
Foxxi - 1 (VK 606)

Not voting: Foxxi, MTR, Robozerim, CWE, Val the Moofia Boss, Listo95, Matthieu, LemonDemonGirl, Lettuce, 3puppies, Grumpycat, BN, MitchRapp, Jarrod1983, Mazer, Claws

with 17 alive Majority is 9

Day ends june 22 @ 7pm est

Foxxi

Administrator
And duh. Void is right. Badger and Xan show ??? But their names are colored, badger purple, xan green.

Show how much I'm paying attention XD

Robozerim

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Foxxi or Robo. Foxxi or Robo.

I got rid of Badger, my first furry nemisis. Now I must remove the others.

I will reign supreme as the one true furry.

Robo is furry for the purposes of this exercise.
Who knew a voidkitten was such a scaredy cat. Frightened by the presence of the fox and sheep. Tisk tisk.

Claws

All-Knowing
Vote Count:

Not voting: Foxxi, MTR, Robozerim, CWE, Val the Moofia Boss, Listo95, Matthieu, LemonDemonGirl, Lettuce, 3puppies, Grumpycat, BN, MitchRapp, Jarrod1983, Mazer, Claws, VK

Claws

All-Knowing
Dance Lol GIF

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I’m really not sure where to go. Because there’s no info other than alignments. No actions that hint at us knowing anything. It’s like D1 again (though it actually ended quite well)

We killed a cultin D1. There was no cult kill and we saw one doctor and three failed vigs. And a conversion block.

I assume that means cult attempted to convert (if it’s one or other like ToL) or they tried to kill Claws and were blocked which is unlikely.

I also assume the SK is someone in the MMO circle. And that Night 2 is likely to be bloody.

Claws

All-Knowing
well you figure that out ima sleep on it if only one of my wounds wasnt healed :D still wounded tho Dying soon <3 you

Foxxi

Administrator
So if we assume badger being purple means he was cult, then that would mean it's unlikely void is cult... unless he just decided to gun down a partner d1.... and I feel like badger would have more to say about that. And he appears to have been made un-recruitable last night, so likely still clear.

I would normally say it's unlikely BN was partnered with badger - and still is unlikely I think they began that way. I don't feel like that interaction was theatre. But. Cult. So fuck if that means anything now.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
So if we assume badger being purple means he was cult, then that would mean it's unlikely void is cult... unless he just decided to gun down a partner d1.... and I feel like badger would have more to say about that. And he appears to have been made un-recruitable last night, so likely still clear.

I would normally say it's unlikely BN was partnered with badger - and still is unlikely I think they began that way. I don't feel like that interaction was theatre. But. Cult. So fuck if that means anything now.
This is nice and all but I’d totally gun down a partner on D1.

Foxxi

Administrator
This is nice and all but I’d totally gun down a partner on D1.
I know you would. I'm saying if that partner were badger I think he would have reacted differently to you doing that. I doubt he'd be amused by it and just let you do it without spitting vitrol at you

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I know you would. I'm saying if that partner were badger I think he would have reacted differently to you doing that. I doubt he'd be amused by it and just let you do it without spitting vitrol at you
Like you think I’d listen to anyone if I had my heart set on it. I’m the King busser.

Claws

All-Knowing
Vote Count:

Foxxi - 1 (vk 645)
Lettuce - 1 (matthieu 648)

Not voting: Foxxi, MTR, Robozerim, CWE, Val the Moofia Boss, Listo95, LemonDemonGirl, Lettuce, 3puppies, Grumpycat, BN, MitchRapp, Jarrod1983, Mazer, Claws

Foxxi

Administrator
Like you think I’d listen to anyone if I had my heart set on it. I’m the King busser.
Like you could stop badger from posting and attacking you back in thread? *That* is the point I am making. If you decided to hard bus badger all day I feel *he* would have been unhappy about it and attacked you back in thread rather than picking fights with BN .... and it's in your favor so I've no freaking idea why you're debating it anyway XD

llettuce

nimbdrs
Pronouns
she/her
Done reading the twilight saga so I'm a person again any thing cool happen yesterday

llettuce

nimbdrs
Pronouns
she/her
I mean, you could have kept up with the game, instead of reading a book and ignoring all of D1.
I'm not sure you know how my brain works - it's actually kinda rough, finished most of the series in like 5 days and didn't sleep for 2 of those

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
And duh. Void is right. Badger and Xan show ??? But their names are colored, badger purple, xan green.

Show how much I'm paying attention XD

As dusk broke over the tranquil wilderness, Claws slipped away into the mist, leaving behind disoriented cultists and an infuriated fox
Why would the fox be infuriated if Claws hammered town?

Such a deep thought and much attention from me.

Blind Ninja

Godfather
Why would the fox be infuriated if Claws hammered town?

Such a deep thought and much attention from me.
Cult of Fox needs people alive to recruit. Dead town is 1 less body for them to recruit.

At least a possibility, aside from Badger actually being cult at the start

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah not really sure about Badger. He didnt seem like a cultist but looks like he could have been a cultist. 50/50

llettuce

nimbdrs
Pronouns
she/her
Sleep votes seem ill-advised in cult games, plus we gotta have better things to do on d2.

I'm inclined to see it as sus given how much benefit cultists get from us wasting time.

@Val the Moofia Boss you have any thoughts other than a vote

Claws

All-Knowing
Vote Count:

Foxxi - 1 (vk 645)
Val - 1 (BN 675)
Sleep - 1 (Val 674)

Not voting: Foxxi, MTR, Robozerim, CWE, Listo95, LemonDemonGirl, Lettuce, 3puppies, Grumpycat, MitchRapp, Jarrod1983, Mazer, Claws

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Cult of Fox needs people alive to recruit. Dead town is 1 less body for them to recruit.

At least a possibility, aside from Badger actually being cult at the start
But they would have many other alive people to recruit, and the dead town bringd their parity number down. Could always be I'm missing something, but seems improbable.

Still not sure how much to read into the flavor here.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Im about to driving all day and a lot of tomorrow. Will check in at gas stations, hotel tonight as I can.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Writeup:

1. Badger is Purple
2. Calls Badger a lieutenant of the Fox
3. Says he denied town their kill so he could do himself (hammered)

Game:

"Badger probably wasn't scum"

MTR

Godfather
Pronouns
he/him
I don't like that there have not been any flips yet.

Of course multiple people have guns in this game. I bet more than just 3 and people just didn't all shoot. Of course didn't matter since they were blanks.

This is going to be a frustrating game for sure.

3puppies

Lost Wolf
Following Claws' house raids where he replaced everyone's bullets with blanks, the village vigilantes, thinking they were acting in defense, shot BN,Listo,Lettuce with a blank. Doing nothing but dumbfounding them in the process.

The town was in an uproar and many Reloaded their bullets that were replaced with blanks.

I am wondering how many vigilantes are out and about, and how many kill attempts each may have? Replacing bullets with blanks kind of felt like a roleblock, but allowing reloading of the bullets makes me think a shot wasn't used, or at least they still have another shot?

I am guessing there are a LOT of vigilantes, perhaps even a majority of the players?

I read Badger as scum and was convinced he was even when there was no flip. He seems to get a LOT angrier when he's falsely accused. And I don't mean this to be disrespectful of the work he's done in his real-life to deal with what he's been going through. While I got on board early on his train, and even as others followed, I didn't sense Badger's reaction as a terribly angry falsely accused town.

What is interesting to me are the players who avoided the Badger train.

Foxxi - 5 (Grumpy 155, LDG 389, Badger 425, matthieu428,(Val 531)
LDG - 1 (MitchRapp 44)
Jarrod - 1 (CWE 441)

Not voting: Lettuce, Mazer

Grumpy, Mitch, and LDG I can give a pass, as those votes were cast well before Badger's train was seriously taking off. Matthieu and Val, on the other hand, could have been seen as trying to protect a teammate. Same with llettuce and Mazer.

Vote: matthieu

Going with POE to someone I see as more likely than some of the others

Foxxi

Administrator
That's true.

But Badger would have reacted differently to other people if it was a set-up.

Co-sign foxxi's theory
Thank you. At least someone got my point.

Void, despite his rather amusing hard-on for yeeting me is the only one I trust to not be cult right now. As for partners badger may have had, there were a few people who did try to say badger seemed town which would normally be suspect... but in a cult game eh. Cults usually start small and it's difficult to protect a member when you've only got like one or two other people to even attempt it. Add in the fact they may not want to make themselves obvious for trying to defend him, and that they can just try to replace him anyway because: cult.... and I think it may be more likely people who gave no opinion would be where to look. Not try to help, but not make it worse.

llettuce

nimbdrs
Pronouns
she/her
I'm hoping almost everyone has a gun would be so claws

Of course multiple people have guns in this game. I bet more than just 3 and people just didn't all shoot. Of course didn't matter since they were blanks.

Claws

All-Knowing
Vote Count:

Foxxi - 1 (vk 645)
Val - 1 (BN 675)
Vk - 1 (Ldg 688)
Matthieu - 1 (3pup 690)
Sleep - 1 (Val 674)

Not voting: Foxxi, MTR, Robozerim, CWE, Listo95, Lettuce, Grumpycat, MitchRapp, Jarrod1983, Mazer, Claws

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him

No role flips. There are clear alignment flips.

Foxxi

Administrator
It feels good to take the backseat on trying to talk logic into people for a change XD

Top Bottom