Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 22: <Insert Title Here>

Foxxi

Administrator
General Rules

1) Editing of posts is forbidden.
2) Deleting posts is forbidden.
3) You must use the vote function or I will not count your vote.
4) You do not need to unvote before casting a new vote.
5) This game is majority yeet only.
6) Send me your favorite cookie flavor.
7) This game requires discord, all action submissions, correspondence with the moderator, and rolecards will be handled through private channels in my server.
9) Once dead you may only post in the provided dead channel unless your role card specifically states otherwise.
10) I am a bastard mod. Any game I run may, or may not include bastard elements.
11) Quoting/Screenshotting/using anything provided by the moderator as evidence is forbidden.
12) No discussing this game outside of this thread or provided channels.

You are free to discuss whatever you want, claim whatever you want, and draw whatever conclusions you want within the game thread. Just remember: This is Mafia, people are definitely lying to you.

How to Vote

Use the ❌ and ✅ buttons at the top of the post options to unvote and vote respectively.

To peg someone as a suspicious candidate that you would potentially vote for, without actually voting, use the Finger of Suspicion; FoS: FoxxiMcLeod

Night Phase

Players with Night Actions will submit them during this phase within their personal Discord channels. Night phase will be 1 day.

Day Phase

This is the part where you collectively choose who to murder!

Everyone has one vote per day to use to decide who to lynch. You can always change your vote, or even have no current vote. Once a player has gotten a majority (more than half) of the votes, they are immediately yeeted and may no longer post in the thread. Day will last until someone reaches the required number of votes for a yeet.

Day phases will only end once majority has been reached.

Living Players

1. Claws
  2. CWE
  3. Dreyski
  4. LemonDemonGirl
  5. MitchRapp
  6. MTR
  7. Val

Dead Players
Matthieu
Badger
Satsu
Windwardaway

You should all have your role cards in your personal Discord channels. If you have any questions pertaining to your role, please ask them there, do not ask in this thread.

Last edited:

MTR

Godfather
Pronouns
he/him
Whats Up Hello GIF

MitchRapp

Scum Hunter
Well we have to get to a majority so we cannot just post gifs all day and goof around it seems.

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
Hey y’all!

Just testing if this is an option or if we have to vote an actual player as it has been treated as one before (eg Mazer did this).

Vote: Sleep

Foxxi

Administrator
Vote Count:
1 - Matthieu: CWE(3),
1 - CWE: LDG(5),
1 - Dreyski: Mitch(12),
1 - Sleep: Badger(13),
1 - Satsu: Dreyski(15),

Not Currently Voting: Claws, Matthieu, MTR, Satsu, Val, Wind

Matthieu

Vigilante
Eliminating whoever is quietest strikes me as the best compromise. It avoids a lack of information and doesn't result in someone guaranteed to be active being yeeted.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Eliminating whoever is quietest strikes me as the best compromise. It avoids a lack of information and doesn't result in someone guaranteed to be active being yeeted.
Eliminating whoever is quietest gives a complete lack of information, imo, since usually people are willing to shrugyeet a lurker.

On the other hand, it's generally better to go for the lurkers early *because* of the lack of info, rather than later in the game when it can be a distraction if the lurker is town instead.

So it's both good and bad, it's not too dangerous this early in the game, but your comment isn't entirely true.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Vote: Badger

I actually gave it some thought and I don't like Badger suggesting we end the day with a hammer on sleep. Or maybe that's not what he was suggesting, but it sticks out in a game where day doesn't end until hammer.

MitchRapp

Scum Hunter
If I were scum and was participating this is exactly what I would say. . .

MitchRapp

Scum Hunter
I will vote before eod but we're like 13 hours in? There's no rush imo.

Eliminating whoever is quietest gives a complete lack of information, imo, since usually people are willing to shrugyeet a lurker.

On the other hand, it's generally better to go for the lurkers early *because* of the lack of info, rather than later in the game when it can be a distraction if the lurker is town instead.

So it's both good and bad, it's not too dangerous this early in the game, but your comment isn't entirely true.

Flip flops and votes less than 2 min later.

MTR

Godfather
Pronouns
he/him
Of course that being said day doesn't end until we hammer someone so I guess I should join in so we can start moving towards getting rid of someone.

Vote: claws

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Vote: Badger

I actually gave it some thought and I don't like Badger suggesting we end the day with a hammer on sleep. Or maybe that's not what he was suggesting, but it sticks out in a game where day doesn't end until hammer.
That isn’t what I said at all. I was testing just to see if Sleep was a valid vote as the rules weren’t clear if it was. Now we know it is.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I would like to hear from Claws though. He’s usually pretty active but I know he’s not on the FoS server so gonna wait to see if he checks in.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Only 11 players so how many scum do you think we have to hunt?
When I did my game, it was a game of 9 and there was two scum so I would say at the very least two which IIRC Void helped me with it was fine. Three was too many but with an extra couple of bodies, I wouldn’t rule out a third here unless we have a neutral among us.

I’m also curious as to what the bastard mod element might be. That’s also why I was testing Sleep to see if it would count or we get penalised for it.

It seems legit so far but who knows at phase end if there is a penalty for it. It could also be for people not voting at all too.

MTR

Godfather
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah I was wondering if 3 would be too many for this one as well with only 11. Then again also depends if there is some kind of 3p involved.

Dreyski

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I was going to say either three, or two + one 3p. Though we won't have write-ups to help us in this game.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Which is because, surprise, I read the rules in those 4 minutes. Wow, who would thought of that???

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Matthieu said sacrificing the quietest would be a good compromise. That is currently LDG although Val isn’t far behind?

I know people are generally hesitant to vote LDG early but would he do that?

Also say she gets more active than Val who’s just said hi and voted so far..would he especially want to do that to Val?

Claws

All-Knowing
Matthieu said sacrificing the quietest would be a good compromise. That is currently LDG although Val isn’t far behind?

I know people are generally hesitant to vote LDG early but would he do that?

Also say she gets more active than Val who’s just said hi and voted so far..would he especially want to do that to Val?
Why not mattieh he your scum confedant?

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
He said he’d vote for the quietest..and those are the quietest so far.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Ldg is low hang fruit and easy to read as town
That’s not the point and isn’t me sussing LDG in any way btw.

Just curious if he would still stick by that given the candidates.

Dreyski

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Okay, looking like a couple of trains forming, Before I go to sleep:
Unvote:

Vote: Claws

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
@MitchRapp since you seem to think I'm scum for not voting early in the game, why haven't you voted, and why aren't you voting me?

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Also, I'm pretty sure I did NOT play a "straightforward and helpful" town game on D1 in the game you hosted so I think your expectations of me are either unrealistic or you're just looking for reasons to push on me.

Vote: Mitch Rapp

Put your vote where your reads are if you're town.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
You can say I'm not progressing the game for town but neither are you. I don't particularly care if you guys decide to hammer me today, I can afford to take that risk. But I think you're being entirely hypocritical in your commentary on me.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Town who has a reasonable suspicion on someone would move their vote once the joke phase or whatever is over. Someone just looking to shade people and see who bites is going to avoid moving their vote.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Like youre shading me but not taking responsibility for your read, because your vote isn't on me, and considering you haven't expressed suspicion on ANYONE ELSE so far, you have no reason to be afraid of moving your vote onto me. Unless you don't want to be scrutinized when I flip.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
If I were scum and was participating this is exactly what I would say. . .
You've also made this drive-by comment on Matt's post. Which is fair, but you also didn't move to vote him for it. Your vote is on Dreyski who you appear to have voted just for the sake of voting, and not because you think they're mafia. And you're going after me, but not Matt. I wonder why?

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Anyway everyone else can think about this, maybe even vote between Mitch and me, I don't really care. I have other things to do besides waste time defending myself on D1 for stupid reasons like I do every fucking time I rand town.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
It really just feels like Mitch is looking for reasons to call me scummy instead of evaluating my play. I don't think a single point he's brought up against me is something that is a scum tell. So yeah, either he's weirdly tunneled on me for who knows what reason, or he's just scum pushing agenda because he's never actually played with me before and doesn't know how hard it is to misyeet me.

Foxxi

Administrator
Vote Count:
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
3 - Claws: MTR(33), Val(26), Drey(65),
2 - Matthieu: CWE(3), Claws(58),
1 - CWE: LDG(5),
1 - Dreyski: Mitch(12),
1 - Sleep: Badger(13),
1 - Mitch: Wind(74)

Not Currently Voting: Matthieu, Satsu,
Current as of Post 76

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
It really just feels like Mitch is looking for reasons to call me scummy instead of evaluating my play. I don't think a single point he's brought up against me is something that is a scum tell. So yeah, either he's weirdly tunneled on me for who knows what reason, or he's just scum pushing agenda because he's never actually played with me before and doesn't know how hard it is to misyeet me.
And I say that because it is a VERY common mistake I see, on forums I don't play on often, or when I'm in a game with unfamiliar players who randed scum. They always make the same mistake early in the game.

Matthieu

Vigilante
Vote: Claws

In my experience when Claws is eager to vote people based on whether it'll spare him from being a potential train it's because he is scum. When he's actually town he's more on board with the idea of going after a lurker.

You're not going to get much information of use out of me anyway, especially when the first vote was based around CWE wanting revenge for what happened during the previous game. If you want information, go after Claws.

MitchRapp

Scum Hunter
Is this like a thing here? People get looked at and overreact???

Looks like we have two trains going. I will vote matthieu and lets sort it out.

Vote: Matthieu

Matthieu

Vigilante
Yeah, whatever I'll just claim.

I'm nothing more than vanilla town.

Going after me is pointless and it's stupid to not bother to go 'hold on a minute' when the premise of someone's vote is based around something that happened in a previous game. Which has zero bearing on the current game.

What if I was a cop or a doctor?

I made a promise to myself that rather than let it get to me I'll just shrug it off. Just don't expect me to sign up for the next game if I get yeeted for dumb reasons.

Claws

All-Knowing

Going after me is pointless and it's stupid to not bother to go 'hold on a minute' when the premise of someone's vote is based around something that happened in a previous game. Which has zero bearing on the current game.

I made a promise to myself that rather than let it get to me I'll just shrug it off. Just don't expect me to sign up for the next game if I get yeeted for dumb reasons.
If your a vt why care about the yeet this smells like goon fuckery

MitchRapp

Scum Hunter
For the record I am comfortable lynching Mattheiu. The whole "if you lynch me I am not going to play anymore" is weak.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Is this like a thing here? People get looked at and overreact???

Looks like we have two trains going. I will vote matthieu and lets sort it out.

Vote: Matthieu
Because you're just looking for reasons to call me scum, you're not actually solving my slot! And you're not even committed to voting me, so your entire case just reads like scum throwing shade in the hopes of getting an easy mislunch.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her

I don't give a shit about CWE's vote, honestly, I don't think he has any reason besides revenge for voting you. I just thought one of your posts read strangely. This one also feels like excessive AtE, and particularly a strawman saying that people are voting you because they're sheeping CWE, which I'm pretty sure is not true for anyone else who's voted you.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
For the record I am comfortable lynching Mattheiu. The whole "if you lynch me I am not going to play anymore" is weak.
He pulled this kind of attitude in a game where he was scum and rage quit or something. I know cause I replaced into the slot, it was a bad position to be in lol. I don't know if he does it as town, but it doesn't mean that he isn't scum, so I'm OK with voting him as well.

Top Bottom