Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 24 - Camp Half-Blood

Day 1 Start New

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Initial Game Information:

1. This game will have modified writeups. Each night, vague action descriptions will be shown without targets, but will be alignment colored. The number of revealed actions each night will vary.
  2. Role-claiming is allowed, but NOT character/flavor claiming. A list of all roles in the game will be made available to everyone. There is nothing hidden this game as all players will see all possible abilities. While claims are allowed, please do not abuse this as it can take away from the game as a whole.
  3. There is a strict post minimum of 10 posts per day phase (48 hours). Day 1 will have no post requirement. Any failures to meet the post count, after Day 1, will be met with a modkill at the moderator’s discretion. If the day ends early, considerations will be given.

As this game includes roles and rules that are different, I have made a few channels inside the game discord that will show all potential roles in the game. This does not mean every role is in the game, but they will be randomly decided based on the below formulas. The below are just examples of the type of game it can be.

Game Setup Specifics:

Any/All - 14 Player Setup

1+ Coven/Apocalypse
13 Any/All

Rules:
-Unique Roles cannot be repeated.
-No more than 4 Coven roles and no more than 4 Apocalypse roles.
Game Mechanics

1. Day phases will be 48 hours and Night phases are 24 hours. End time will typically be around 8:00pm ET, but may change. Day may be shortened to 24 hours, with notice. Majority will be required for elimination and if it is not reached before the end of day no elimination will occur.
  2. All players will be able to keep a Last Will. This cannot exceed 100 words (I will be forgiving with formatting not counting towards words and flavor text is fine. Keep game info to under 100 words.) and will be released to all players upon your death. This can contain information about your targets, role, things that happened, results, etc. Or it can be used to provide disinformation depending on how roles can obscure and manipulate flips, faking results, etc. Or you can just use it to shitpost/taunt on your death. You can submit one Last Will each phase which will lock it in as the newest one. If a Last Will is not submitted, none will be flipped or the most recent version submitted will be used. As a reminder, Last Wills can be obscured/edited by different roles.
  3. Certain roles and kills will be able to leave a Death Note. This cannot exceed 50 words (and can be a gif/picture) explaining why this player was killed or you can use it to troll. Any role with a kill, outside of Town Killing roles, can leave a Death Note. Coven roles can leave a Death Note only if they have the Necronomicon.
  4. Being jailed will not remove a player from their chats, but they will be unable to speak in the chat for the duration of the night.
  5. All nights, except Night 1 and Night 3, will be Full Moon nights.
  6. The game will follow typical Mafia feedback. Only roles that need a notification of their action failing will be told (expecting results/role needs to know feedback, etc). If there is specific feedback you get, it will be listed on your card.
  7. There is the potential for framed results during this game based on the roles within the game. Specifics are detailed on these role cards.

Common Terms:

Basic Attack - Standard attack that cannot pierce any protection
Powerful Attack - Attack that pierces basic defense
Unstoppable Attack - Attack that pierces basic and powerful defense.
Rampaging Attack - An attack that will also attack all visitors.
Basic Defense - Protects against basic attacks.
Powerful Defense - Protects against powerful and basic attacks
Invincible Defense - Protects against unstoppable, powerful, and basic attacks.
Astral Visit/Attack - Does not count as a visit and cannot be seen by most abilities.

Immunities:

Roleblock - These roles cannot be roleblocked by Tavern Keeper or Poisoner: Tavern Keeper, Poisoner, Retributionist, Necromancer, Witch, Socialite, War, Pestilence, Serial Killer, and Coven Leader. Jailor and Pirate blocks are considered super blocks and will bypass this immunity.

Control - These roles cannot be controlled - Retributionist, Veteran, Doomsayer, Necromancer, Ritualist, and Witch.

Detection Immunity - These roles appear not suspicious to Sheriff - Neutral Killing, Apocalypse, Necronomicon Wielder, and players affected by Illusionist

Rejection Immunity - Socialites and the Witch are immune to rejection from Socialite parties as are any Astral visits.

Action Priority:

Bucket A:

Witch Control
Pirate Win (Invincible Defense)

Bucket B:

Admirer Care/Guardian Angel
Socialite
Plaguebearer Infect
Poisoner/Tavern Keeper
Trickster Magic Mirror

Bucket C:

Trapper
Necromancer
Retributionist

Bucket D*:

All other roles that are not investigative or killing
Killing Actions (will not stop actions from going off)
Investigative Actions (investigative roles can see what happened in prior buckets)

*Actions happen simultaneously within their groups unless a conflict arises. If a conflict arises, action will be randomized on which goes first. If Doomsayer wins with their guess and action goes off, they will receive Invincible Defense before any kills process.

Rules:

1. No discussing this game with any players outside of the game thread, unless you have a specialized Discord thread to do so.
  2. Please no angleshooting or OGI (out of game information), such as a player’s potential lurking or activity, or seeing they are active in another thread/discord but not Mafia. Focus on the game and what is happening in the game. You may use this to form reads but do not bring things like “omg Claws posted in wrong channel” or “Future is on discord, but not posting in thread” into the game thread.
  3. There will be no night chat allowed in the thread. The general chat in Discord will be enabled to allow non-game chat during each night phase.
  4. The game will follow Natural Action Resolution (NAR) where unmodified actions of the same priority will go before others. For example: Player A kills player B, Player B roleblocks Player C, and Player C roleblocks Player A. Since Player C’s roleblock is modified by Player B, it would go after Player B. This would result in Player B’s roleblock stopping Player C’s roleblock and allowing the kill on Player B to go off by Player A. Conflicting redirections may fail.

Living Players:

1. 3puppies
2. Blind Ninja
3. Caito
4. Claws
5. CWE
6. Grumpycat
7. Listo
8. llettuce
9. Matthieu
10. Mazer
11. MitchRapp
12. MTR
13. Val the Moofia Boss
14. Xanjori

Dead Players:

Flavor:

A portal opened up over Camp Half-Blood, Camp Jupiter, Olympus and Tartarus, pulling people from all over and dropping them into the middle of and old castle. A ghostly butler appeared before them “My honored guests. Today you are to participate in a game of sorts. One that will determine the fate of the mortal and god worlds. My benefactor has always wanted to see who the true champions would be face to face. And so, we shall discover it. Now, discuss!

Everyone looked around confused, but they shrugged and started to have small discussions amongst those present.

Current Phase:

It is now Day 1. Day 1 will end at 8:00pm ET on Sept 29th or when majority is reached. With 14 players alive, majority is 8 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by end of day, there will be no elimination.

Last edited:

Blind Ninja

Godfather
Well... only thing different from last OP is flavor essentially...

Unvote:

Vote: Claws

Lets spice things up early

Apocaclaws

Scum Hunter
200.gif

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Because its randed.
I mean you had bread cat in rand number 6, but vk kept going and picked rand number 22 because it had socialite to mess with me.

Apocaclaws

Scum Hunter
apparently grumpy he doesnt like other cats being happy because socialite might be a thing here too idk

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Time to start the day 2 rp.

Rest in Peace....

Wait ....that's not it.

And that's the bottom line because Maze said so.

Wait. Damn. That's not it either. Here it is....

I am the best there is, the best there was, wait...damn it.

Here it is, the most electrifying phrase in day 1 mafia role play today....

FINALLY.....The Maze has come BACK to Mafia.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
what is this theme ? never even heard of camp half blood
You ask the Maze about the theme?

When the the is very obvious that voidkitten is playing racial politics.

Or Percy Jackson.

It doesn't matter

MTR

Godfather
Pronouns
he/him
You don't have Disney+? What is wrong with you?

Yeah I get it. Streaming services add up

Blind Ninja

Godfather

Yeah I get it. Streaming services add up
I dont have D+ either... its one of the many that randomly kept jacking their monthly price up and doing the stealth nerf to account sharing

Or straight up charged extra for multiple screens used

MTR

Godfather
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah they have been jacking things up.

We are about to do the Hulu +, Hulu Live TV, Disney+, ESPN+ bundle and drop DirectTV. Pretty much equal out what we were playing monthly for DirectTV and gain Hulu +, Hulu Live TV and ESPN +. We were doing annual on Disney+ and yeah just kept going up.

Blind Ninja

Godfather
Yeah they have been jacking things up.

We are about to do the Hulu +, Hulu Live TV, Disney+, ESPN+ bundle and drop DirectTV. Pretty much equal out what we were playing monthly for DirectTV and gain Hulu +, Hulu Live TV and ESPN +. We were doing annual on Disney+ and yeah just kept going up.
I dont have any of the normal ones... Only sub I have is F1 TV. And I have HBOmax through my cellphone

I have access to hulu, netflix, paramount+, disney+ and maybe others through my roommate and other friends

Apocaclaws

Scum Hunter
i had cruncyroll til they fucked me over when i sub collapsed and now increased it by nearly double i was paying 6.99 for years -.-'

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I didnt read a single post before this, and Im heavily debating if I should

3puppies

Scum Hunter
Thought I would peek in to see if the game has started.

Yep.

Carry on with the D1 drivel.

Off to see if I was given a role card.

MitchRapp

Vigilante
Welp we just got destroyed and I am confident I will be out of a job between now and October 20th. Who wants to drink?

3puppies

Scum Hunter
As I recall, I owe CWE a favor from a prior game. And I also recall owing Caito an early vote.

Vote: Caito

3puppies

Scum Hunter
Trying to get 10 posts in for me each day will be a challenge. I am usually more long-winded.

3puppies

Scum Hunter
I am also inclined to target Blind Ninja as I understand that he was a sole winner last game.

3puppies

Scum Hunter
Real thing is effort, even if you dont hit 10 right now, you have time tomorrow night after the 1st day of couponing

Tomorrow night is clipping the coupons out for early Sunday / all day festivities. Many weeks I run out at 7AM and don't get back until past 11 PM. This should be one of those good weeks.

Sunday I am hoping to score a couple hundred boxes of Rice Krispies and/or Raisin Bran. I will probably get stuck with Corn Flakes. Since it's mostly Kellogg's, it fills up the van fairly quickly. Not like toothpaste or deodorant, or hand lotion, which are all small items so I can take the car instead of the van. I will need the van for this coming week.

I have a two-inch stack of rainchecks to use to double dip on the deals.

I prefer Krispies as my bride will be able to use them for her baking - Krispy treats with holiday sprinkles and broken candy cane pieces are actually pretty amazing. We have a couple cases of last year's candy canes - got them 90% off clearance last January, then free after coupons. And we just scored a few dozen bags of marshmallows as part of summer clearance. Adding in the Krispies and sprinkles makes for a festive, easy treat that the soup kitchen will be able to use throughout all of December.

Val the Moofia Boss

Scum Hunter

Besides Thunderbolt Fantasy season 4 (and hopefully Ascendance of a Bookworm season 4... no air date announced yet), there haven't been any new shows I have been interested in watching since 2019/2020.

3puppies

Scum Hunter
Mazer is making a return after skipping a couple of games. Normally I am always suspicious of him until proven otherwise, but he deserves the benefit of sticking around at least a little.

Fair point that I wasn't a part of your last game, @Blind Ninja. I kind of expected that others would want revenge on you.

I kind of like the D1 reward games a little better than voting to yeet someone based on no knowledge. But I do think the info we can get is worthwhile., especially later in the game.

3puppies

Scum Hunter
My wife just signed us up for 3 months of Disney+ at 1.99 per month. We will cancel after that.

MitchRapp

Vigilante
It's fine. My run with football is at its end. Tired to trun things around at the school o graduated from. I probably should have taken the other jobs I was offered the last two years and moved on.

I'll still have my teaching positons.

Unvote: mazer

MitchRapp

Vigilante
Thinkin of buyin these italian cigars but so exspensive for me to import like 64$ for 5
I enjoy a cigar and bourbon after a win.

0 cigars so far this season.

Tried scotch but couldn't get into it. I think it's because I like am ice cube or two and that doesn't jive w most scotch.

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
If Badger was playing he would tell you all about what could help you with that.

Matthieu

Vigilante
Thanks!

Of course the timing is awful, since I have no choice but to go out today, tomorrow and Monday.

Matthieu

Vigilante
I have family visiting and they've already booked a hotel and are due to arrive later today.

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
This isnt a typical mafia game... and not sure sleeping will help. Look at last game, slept N1 and town still lost in the end
I was for sleep last time because i knew game had admirer that would town side so town got +1 member for free. But there was a slight moderror otherwise it would be 1 for 1.

I am no longer a sleep enthusiast this time around.

CWE

Godfather
Pronouns
he/him
So if we want to do this right (this time...), any TIs want to come out and ask for TPs to, ya know, protect them? Or are we good for a repeat of :banghead: as usual...

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
So if we want to do this right (this time...), any TIs want to come out and ask for TPs to, ya know, protect them? Or are we good for a repeat of :banghead: as usual...
Not TI either. Our last platonic lover part taught me a valuable lesson of truth and honesty. So in rememberance of that i am not evil.
I mean I could seem a bit evil for you maybe but not evil whatsoever.

MTR

Godfather
Pronouns
he/him
Besides Thunderbolt Fantasy season 4 (and hopefully Ascendance of a Bookworm season 4... no air date announced yet), there haven't been any new shows I have been interested in watching since 2019/2020.
I am all about the Star Wars and Marvel stuff. That being said I need to catch up on that stuff. Not seen all of the Acolyte or any of the Agatha episodes that have dropped

Caito

CWE Killer
I am actually here. I did tell Void i wasn’t really around for a couple days (4 gigs in two days at the time) and he assured me no post restrictions would start until later. With that said, this is likely the only time I can check in today, and tomorrow doesn’t look great, so let me get my customary vote out of the way and I can go do a couple gigs.

Vote:
No Lynch

Matthieu

Vigilante
Alright, I'm able to check in again for a bit. Gave a tour of the capital but it was annoyingly busy. Got a couple of hours free to relax and then a restaurant booked for a meal at 8:30PM.

Top Bottom