Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 16-House of MTR Episode 1 - The Not-so Civil War

Dr Strange

Vanilla Townie
As Violina looked on at the destruction raised by the revenge, she smiled. Also she frowned. With Violina, her facial expression was determined by your frame of reference (both in physical space and time).

For an individual in a certain physical space, the frown was what they saw. For another, the smile shined upon them. And for one who was in an earlier time, a look of hope shone through.

While Violina's omnipresence permeated the hearts and minds of all who reason, a phone rang.

As Tildey picked it up, a raspy voice spoke. In a tone that seemed to somehow convey that individual speaking had not had a drop of water in years. But somehow they persisted.

"please.....help me......"

An insight reasonated.

"LISTO! Is that you? We thought you were gone!"

"Please....stillll......in hell.....it was all......a lie"

"Listo, where are you?"

"In hell........kinda thought i made that clear.....I'm sorry.....all the hellfire has made me cranky.......that was uncalled for"

"It's ok. How can we help?"

"Must find......the key......must find the key"

The line went silent

"Listo! Listo! Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee!"

The line stayed silent.

Tildey called out

"HOUSE OF MTR, ASSEMBLE!"

Not Suspicious Future immediately kicked the chessboard that Diva and lettuce were seated at. "NO TIME FOR STRATEGY! WE'RE NEEDED IN THE LIVING ROOM!"

As the House assembled, Tildey explained the call she had just received.

Mtr was the first to speak. "I worry about listo, and he's definitely a nice guy...". As he was talking the House agreed with a chorus of "Yep. "great guy", "helluva ballplayer", and similar sentiments. Mtr continued "But the thing is.....I mean, we just got things back to normal after the year we had where the Earth was basically a hellscape. Are we really in a position to be trying to fight our way into Hell, so soon?"

Diva looked at his old man. "Come on, it wasn't that bad."

Mtr was incredulous. "Not that bad? We fucking fought Danny Devito and Psych for control of Europe! We relied on our mafia friends and Jay Baruchel to overthrow Jennifer Lawrence and the Robot Devil! There's literally no way for me to overstate how weird and hellish that was!"

Tildey said "You raise a good point, dear. But this is listo. What kind of world will our kids grow up in without listo? And honestly....what would Dan the Dad do?"

Mtr was taken aback "Don't you bring Dan into this! We'd have to go traversing all around to find this key!"

Tildey cried "But who are we....as a people and a family.....if we leave Listo to rot in hell"

The family argued through the night. Lettuce nervously laid out a search grid. Her concerns on feasibility and whether a search grid this size was even feasible. Lettuce looked at Tildey with trepidation. Future was placing supplies in the car. Mtr just kept unloading them. Then mtr thought tildey might be right. So he started loading. The made future and Diva rethink their stance. So they started unloading everything mtr had packed. Meanwhile, Lettuce and Tildey argued strategy and feasibility until neither could remember where they stood.

Across the road, a well-dressed man stared at the House's house. Another figure approached him.

"Ah, Morrison.....is it done then?"

"It is."

"Perfect. We know the House will act. But they still don't know who they really are. As long as they divide, we should be fine"

Morri winked. "Don't worry. I've made the deal. Division is assured"

Gentleman John Marcone
smiled. "Still nothing else is assured. Best leave no detail to chance"

In another time, a figure sat by his laptop. He was just about to sign-up on a new forum. He briefly stopped to watch his favorite movie "The Santa Clause". He smiled, as he thought to himself about all the fun and puns he would have on this new forum.

In the room adjacent to him, a small blue light began to shimmer.

Welcome to Episode 1 of the House of MTR trilogy.

This will be a role madness game. There may be some devilry. Or there might not be. I guess we'll see.

Sign-up below

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
1. Val
7. Tildey
8. MTR

morrison

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
1. Val
7. Tildey
8. MTR
9. Future
13. morrison

llettuce

nimbdrs
Pronouns
she/her
1. Val
2. llettuce
7. Tildey
8. MTR
9. Future
13. morrison

Robozerim

Lunchable
Pronouns
he/him
Sign me up, and let's maybe not be the godfather again. Fun as that last game was, it was stressful.

1. Val
2. llettuce
7. Tildey
8. MTR
9. Future
13. morrison
17. Robozerim

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
1. Val
2. llettuce
5. CWE
7. Tildey
8. MTR
9. Future
13. morrison
17. Robozerim

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
1. Val
2. llettuce
3. VoidKitten
5. CWE
69. Blind Ninja
7. Tildey
8. MTR
9. Future
13. morrison
17. Robozerim

Claws

Mastermind
1. Val
2. llettuce
3. VoidKitten
5. CWE
69. Blind Ninja
7. Tildey
8. MTR
9. Future
11. CLAWS
13. morrison
16. LemonDemonGirl
17. Robozerim

MitchRapp

Lunchable
1. Val
2. llettuce
3. VoidKitten
5. CWE
69. Blind Ninja
7. Tildey
8. MTR
9. Future
11. CLAWS
13. morrison
15. MitchRapp
16. LemonDemonGirl
17. Robozerim

MitchRapp

Lunchable
Welcome MitchRapp. Always nice to see new faces around here.

Hello MTR, been looking for a new place to play, burnt out with the old gang. This appears to be a small group where the players do not take themselves too seriously.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Hello MTR, been looking for a new place to play, burnt out with the old gang. This appears to be a small group where the players do not take themselves too seriously.
Yeah small group that likes to have fun. A merger of two smaller communities. Looking forward to playing with you and getting to know you.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I do not take myself seriously. But I take all the rest of you super-seriously.

Except for one person. They're ridiculous.

Welcome. Where you been playing at?

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Also this is the discord server for the forums. Just a place to chat and hangout.

Game runners tend to have their own servers they use for their games.

MitchRapp

Lunchable
I was primarily paying at Bigfooty.com. I watched some at mafia universe but that was too much for this old bloke. I need something a little more low key.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
And I apologize in advance for this being your first game with this group.

The flavor is a bit.....out there.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
We have some guys that play at mafia universe but I think most of us are like you and it is a bit much for us. We are definitely more low key. We do have a couple players playing in the championships though. One is currently playing their game. I tried to keep up but yeah it is hard.

Since this game and theme is more about the people that play here specifically me and my family :) feel free to ask questions to make some sense of things.

Gargamel

Vanilla Townie
1. Val
2. llettuce
3. VoidKitten
5. CWE
69. Blind Ninja
7. Tildey
8. MTR
9. Future
11. CLAWS
13. morrison
14. PsychoSoldier
15. MitchRapp
16. LemonDemonGirl
17. Robozerim

I'll probably be mostly a flop this game

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
:lol:

We just played an anonymous game. We were all given a different name and log on. We have done that twice now. So some of us have a couple extra log ins that we have access to.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Voidkitten won't be happy until we all forget what our original account was.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I was thinking about explaining this game to someone.

And realized, to do it well, I have to explain the genesis of the CWE/Caito rivalry, the introduction of the multiverse, the genesis of Violina, and the history of Jennifer Lawrence and Robot Devil taking over the earth, trapping listo in hell, and then LDG saving Christmas.

And after that, you just have to give them a family history of MTR, and a baseline of those that have beefed with the House.

Once you get through all that, the storyline is pretty much there for you.

MitchRapp

Lunchable
I was thinking about explaining this game to someone.

And realized, to do it well, I have to explain the genesis of the CWE/Caito rivalry, the introduction of the multiverse, the genesis of Violina, and the history of Jennifer Lawrence and Robot Devil taking over the earth, trapping listo in hell, and then LDG saving Christmas.

And after that, you just have to give them a family history of MTR, and a baseline of those that have beefed with the House.

Once you get through all that, the storyline is pretty much there for you.
I will figure it out as we go. Or you can just make me a serial killer and I can shoot indiscriminately.

Listo95

1. Val
2. llettuce
3. VoidKitten
4. Robo-Listo
5. CWE
69. Blind Ninja
7. Tildey
8. MTR
9. Future
11. CLAWS
13. morrison
14. PsychoSoldier
15. MitchRapp
16. LemonDemonGirl
17. Robozerim

Listo95

Beep-Boop Robo-Listo engaged.
Primary objective: Rescue Listo Prime from clutches of Hell

Rhea Ripley

Lunchable
Heading off on vacation, so I will pass. Mami needs to heal up. I would appreciate an invite to dead chat.

Claws

Mastermind
Except for one person. They're ridiculous.

Cat Tripping GIF

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I have to explain the genesis of the CWE/Caito rivalry,
For the new person, that traitor and myself were vig masons. He died, I shot a scum, he came back to life as an evil person and BETRAYED me.

DivaSmurf

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
1. Val
2. llettuce
3. VoidKitten
4. Robo-Listo
5. CWE
69. Blind Ninja
7. Tildey
8. MTR
9. Future
10. Diva
11. CLAWS
13. morrison
14. PsychoSoldier
15. MitchRapp
16. LemonDemonGirl
17. Robozerim

I am here

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
1. Val
2. llettuce
3. VoidKitten
4. Robo-Listo
5. CWE
69. Blind Ninja
7. Tildey
8. MTR
9. Future
10. Diva
11. CLAWS
12. GrumpyCat
13. morrison
14. PsychoSoldier
15. MitchRapp
16. LemonDemonGirl
17. Robozerim

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Those were the days.

Jarrod has run I think 3 Videoland theme games on another site which were complicated and a lot of fun. I think the last one he did we had like 30 something players and it lasted quite a while especially since they were so many rezzes that game. lol

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
My first mafia game was the last one he did. It was long and entertaining. I got a little frustrated at the end because town should have won but sigh we didn't. It was definitely an experience for sure for my first game.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
We do role madness for the most part here so you will see all kinds of stuff.

We do from time to time do other stuff though.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
New game runners are always welcome. I am trying to work up the nerve to run one myself but I have never run a game before.

Hardest part is taking the time to build the rolecards. If you're doing power heavy games then that is a lot of powers you have to try to be creative about and whip up. After that it's pretty straight forward. Collect player inputs and tally them in a spreadsheet and follow the order of operations to figure out what happens and post that.

Robozerim

Lunchable
Pronouns
he/him
Hardest part is taking the time to build the rolecards. If you're doing power heavy games then that is a lot of powers you have to try to be creative about and whip up. After that it's pretty straight forward. Collect player inputs and tally them in a spreadsheet and follow the order of operations to figure out what happens and post that.
Easy fix, just do Designer Mafia 2, make the players create all the role cards and throw balance and caution to the wind!

I will never stop bringing up that game. It was so broken and fun.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Easy fix, just do Designer Mafia 2, make the players create all the role cards and throw balance and caution to the wind!

I will never stop bringing up that game. It was so broken and fun.
I didnt play that game but i've been wanting to run one similarly. You should run it one of these days.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Call me old school but I like a cop, a doctor and a mafia.
When I was growing up we only had a doc. And he wasn't even allowed to save anyone. He could only pronounce them dead after the kill.

And half the time, he got it wrong.

Also, I apologize in advance for what you are about to experience.

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
I am trying to work up the nerve to run one myself but I have never run a game before.
modding isn't that difficult but in a more role madnessy game the interactions between the roles can be intimidating. My suggestion is to KISS. That said, I'd be more than willing to help you. One of the most time consuming parts of modding is running the day to day-vc's etc. so it may work out where you design the game amd I do the majority of the game day stuff.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
modding isn't that difficult but in a more role madnessy game the interactions between the roles can be intimidating. My suggestion is to KISS. That said, I'd be more than willing to help you. One of the most time consuming parts of modding is running the day to day-vc's etc. so it may work out where you design the game amd I do the majority of the game day stuff.
I have been jotting some notes down and was definitely thinking a simple game. Might not be quite KISS but close. Definitely not complete role madness to start. I may take you up on that because I would definitely want some help the first time around.

Top Bottom