Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

House of MTR Episode 1: The Not-so-Civil War

Intro and rules New

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
As Violina looked on at the destruction raised by the revenge, she smiled. Also she frowned. With Violina, her facial expression was determined by your frame of reference (both in physical space and time).

For an individual in a certain physical space, the frown was what they saw. For another, the smile shined upon them. And for one who was in an earlier time, a look of hope shone through.

While Violina's omnipresence permeated the hearts and minds of all who reason, a phone rang.

As Tildey picked it up, a raspy voice spoke. In a tone that seemed to somehow convey that individual speaking had not had a drop of water in years. But somehow they persisted.

"please.....help me......"

An insight reasonated.

"LISTO! Is that you? We thought you were gone!"

"Please....stillll......in hell.....it was all......a lie"

"Listo, where are you?"

"In hell........kinda thought i made that clear.....I'm sorry.....all the hellfire has made me cranky.......that was uncalled for"

"It's ok. How can we help?"

"Must find......the key......must find the key"

The line went silent

"Listo! Listo! Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee!"

The line stayed silent.

Tildey called out

"HOUSE OF MTR, ASSEMBLE!"

Not Suspicious Future immediately kicked the chessboard that Diva and lettuce were seated at. "NO TIME FOR STRATEGY! WE'RE NEEDED IN THE LIVING ROOM!"

As the House assembled, Tildey explained the call she had just received.

Mtr was the first to speak. "I worry about listo, and he's definitely a nice guy...". As he was talking the House agreed with a chorus of "Yep. "great guy", "helluva ballplayer", and similar sentiments. Mtr continued "But the thing is.....I mean, we just got things back to normal after the year we had where the Earth was basically a hellscape. Are we really in a position to be trying to fight our way into Hell, so soon?"

Diva looked at his old man. "Come on, it wasn't that bad."

Mtr was incredulous. "Not that bad? We fucking fought Danny Devito and Psych for control of Europe! We relied on our mafia friends and Jay Baruchel to overthrow Jennifer Lawrence and the Robot Devil! There's literally no way for me to overstate how weird and hellish that was!"

Tildey said "You raise a good point, dear. But this is listo. What kind of world will our kids grow up in without listo? And honestly....what would Dan the Dad do?"

Mtr was taken aback "Don't you bring Dan into this! We'd have to go traversing all around to find this key!"

Tildey cried "But who are we....as a people and a family.....if we leave Listo to rot in hell"

The family argued through the night. Lettuce nervously laid out a search grid. Her concerns on feasibility and whether a search grid this size was even feasible. Lettuce looked at Tildey with trepidation. Future was placing supplies in the car. Mtr just kept unloading them. Then mtr thought tildey might be right. So he started loading. The made future and Diva rethink their stance. So they started unloading everything mtr had packed. Meanwhile, Lettuce and Tildey argued strategy and feasibility until neither could remember where they stood.

Across the road, a well-dressed man stared at the House's house. Another figure approached him.

"Ah, Morrison.....is it done then?"

"It is."

"Perfect. We know the House will act. But they still don't know who they really are. As long as they divide, we should be fine"

Morri winked. "Don't worry. I've made the deal. Division is assured"

Gentleman John Marcone smiled. "Still nothing else is assured. Best leave no detail to chance"

In another time, a figure sat by his laptop. He was just about to sign-up on a new forum. He briefly stopped to watch his favorite movie "The Santa Clause". He smiled, as he thought to himself about all the fun and puns he would have on this new forum.

In the room adjacent to him, a small blue light began to shimmer.

Welcome to Episode 1 of the House of MTR trilogy.

Game Notes

• This will be a Role Madness game. Which will include 38% devilry.
  • Do not claim roles or breadcrumb. I will kill you way faster than voidkitten. And I won't do the foxxi thing where she doesn't do it if it will end that game. I will end this motherfucker at a weird time on a modkill.
  • You are strongly encouraged to make more than 5 posts a day and vote. Consideration is made if a day lasts less than 24 hours. If you need a replacement, please let me know
  • Day phases cut off at 48 hours. Night at 24. The cutoff occurs whether I am online or not.
  • If there is no hammer before the end of the day phase, the leading vote getter will be eliminated. If there is no hammer reached, the hammer the following day will decrease by 1. This effect stacks. If there is a tie, both players will be eliminated.
  • Night actions should be submitted on your Discord channel
  • Any day actions should be sent to me via Discord channel. You are also encouraged to send me an FOS PM as well. This increases the chances that they are received by me in a timely manner.

After roles go out, I will have a brief window for receiving and questions and then the game will begin

Last edited:
Intro 2 New

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
The man by his laptop was chuckling to himself as he thought about how he could joke about using an "escape clause" pun every time he talked himself out of a lynch on this new forum.

As the portal shimmered, a figure stepped through. Her arrival was accompanied by the sounds of beautiful music.

Violina had arrived

_a26071a3-b842-4836-8ded-1bc2a367d840-jpeg.154

The man jumped back.

Violina admonished him. "Do not be afraid. I come from your future. And your present. But it is your future that calls. Forces awaken that threaten the very foundation of our world. And it begins with a single family. The House must divide. The House must change. And you must help them".
The man looked ahead and simply said "ok".
He called over his shoulder "Honey, I have to go save the future with the magical violin lady. Can you finish signing me up on this forum?"
"Sure dear. Have fun storming the castle. What do you want your username:.
The man thought of all the puns he wanted to make. "Call me.....
Clause"
Meanwhile at the House of MTR. The dispute raged on.

MTR had become adamant that a trip to hell to save Listo was ridiculous and put the entire family at risk. Llettuce and Not Suspicious Future had been won over to his side.
"BUT MOM! If we spend all our whole summer trying to save
Listo from Hell, we won't have time to win the All-Valley Tae Kwon Do tournament. AND YOU KNOW THE FATE OF THE WHOLE VALLEY RESTS ON THAT!"
Diva tried to make peace "Look guys, we should have plenty of time to storm the gates of hell, grab Listo, and then you can win the tournament."
NSF was not convinced. "But I've got to train! WHY CAN'T LISTO GET HIMSELF OUT OF HELL....if he's SO GREAT?"
Tildey was aghast. "If your scoutmaster could see you now.....He'd want to have you barred from OA! I can't believe that you've grown to an adult, and I've failed to teach you how to respond when Jennifer Lawrence and the Robot Devil trap your online mafia friends in hell. Sometimes, I wonder if you've learned anything from me at all!"
MTR had heard enough. Accordingly he said "ENOUGH!"
He had more to say immediately after that. "
TIldey, I know the world needs Listo. And I know you've been trying to find people to help. So why can't someone else do it?"

Not Suspicious Future and Llettuce agreed "Yeah. Why can't one of the heroes like Capt. America, Tommy Oliver, Gandalf, and Uncle Mazer do it?"

Tildey " You guys know that the Super Power Avenger Friends are on a War Trek through the Stars. Because it's their time. Their time! Up there! Down here, it's our time. It's our time down here. That's all over the second we ride up mtr's bucket".

MTR couldn't stand it anymore. As a result, he said "I can't stand this anymore! Come on kids. Let's take a walk".

As MTR and family walked, Morrison approached them.

"MTR, thank goodness I found you! Your whole family is in jeopardy!"

"
Morrison! Last time I listened to you, you tried to kill my family!"

"Look, I learned my lesson. Probably. But let's not stand around bickering about WHO tried to kill WHO. I'm working with Chicago's greatest benefactor! And he's here.....in St. Louis. If we don't stop your family from visiting Listo, the whole city, nay....the whole world is at stake! Just listen"

"Alright.....I've always liked you, despite your kill attempts, you old rascal. I'll listen"

A dumpy looking fellow with a hoodie pulled over his eyes said "About time you gutless, weak-willed, pathetic bastard"

Mtr looked at morrison. "What did that dumpy looking guy say to me?"

Eddie Kingston roared in anger! "I can't believe you called me dumpy-looking! Stop disrespecting the business! You don't know how to book!" He then ran off.

Morrison said "It'll be fine. He'll do like 6 or 7 podcasts about this, and then he'll be back. Of that Eddie......what a rascal". Mtr, morri, NSF, and lletuce all laughed as Eddie sat down for his Art of Wrestling appearance, where he would spend 45 minutes discussing this incident..

Tildey and Diva were distraught. How could everything gone down this way? How could they save Listo with just the two of them?

Just then a portal emerged. As they looked on in wonder,
Clause emerged

"Thank
Violina I arrived when I did! There's still time to save the future! And your family! Which I guess is like saving the Future and Future!" Clause laughed for 5 minutes over that thought.

"But how can we save him, when it's just us?"

Clause laughed a little bit more. "On your left"

Tildey and llettuce looked on in joy as portals appeared. Hero after Hero stepped through.

They looked out with determination, and simultaneously cried out "HOUSE OF TILDUCE......ASSEMBLE!"

Day 1 will begin in approximately 3 hours. If you have questions on your role, let me know. If you have not yet joined my discord server, message me on discord and I will send you the invite.

Day 1 will last 48 hours or until hammer is reached.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Sup y'all. Just got done playing a gig. Probably won't be around much until tomorrow. In the meantime, shred the gnar

Robozerim

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
he/him
I assure everyone, I received nothing from the will of the deceased and as such couldn't possibly have had motive to kill him. Now excuse me while I roll my die of fate which is totally not indicative of a gambling problem that led me to severe debt and desperation.

Wait....there's no player list! My die of fate doesn't work if I don't know all the players! I've been rendered powerless! /tremble

Robozerim

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
he/him
Ha! My power returns, for I made my own list!

1Blind Ninja
2Claws
3CWE
4Divasmurf
5FutureHold
6Grumpycat
7Lemondemongirl
8listo95
9Lletuce
10Mitchrapp
11Morrison
12MTR
13Psychosoldier
14Robozerim
15Tildey
16Val the Moofia Boss
17Voidkitten

The die of fate lands on 8, which is listo95 on my list.

Vote: listo95

I did not realize that copy/pasting my excel document would also copy the table format. Neat.

Start day 1 New

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
As day broke, one of the heroes, journey from the House's camp.

As Red-Shirted Ensign went forward, he scanned the area. He was determined to find something that would help his party.

As Kira, the Yellow Ranger approached him, she inquired what he was doing.

RSE replied, "Just trying to help. Everyone would think I WAS STRANGE if I didn't"
And with that a bolt flew from the sky.

Red-shirted Ensign has been modkilled. He was Dr. Strange.
Lettuce looked on. She had egged on the RSE, knowing that he wouldn't be able to resist the trail of crumbs she had laid. The first, but not the last, betrayal had already occurred.
As some prepared to journey into Hell, others prepared to defend the shores of Styx.

Violina watched on. They had some much more they needed to understand about Listo. About Hell. But now was not the time. Maybe earlier would be....

Active players:

1. Val
2. llettuce
3. VoidKitten
4. Robo-Listo
5. CWE
69. Blind Ninja
7. Tildey
8. MTR
9. Future
10. Diva
11. CLAWS
12. GrumpyCat
13. morrison
14. PsychoSoldier
15. MitchRapp
16. LemonDemonGirl
17. Robozerim
18. Jarrod

Eliminated:
Dr. Strange

With 18 active players, hammer is at 10

Please use the vote function for your vote to count.

Begin Day 1

Robozerim

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
he/him
My player list was wrong, so that invalidates the first die of fate roll. I shall roll it again with the 18th name added to my list. The die of fate lands on 18. As my list is alphabetized, that lands on Voidkitten.

Vote: VoidKitten

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Vote: Morrison

Since he also likes the #13 and he signed up 1st.

Very much a joke vote. Will move it at some point in the day.

morrison

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
i feel compelled to say, as a former student of the majestic violin, that i greatly appreciate the beautiful tones of our overlord, violina.

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I guess I'll go pants shopping while I wait for the other guy to make an appearance.

Vote: Psycho

Claws

Mastermind
Man i love and hate summer i like its hot i like the smell of cut grass and the pool ect but man i hate all the work outside i have to do

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I make the kids do the yard work. I am highly allergic to grass especially fresh cut grass.

Claws

Mastermind
I make the kids do everything inside the house lol i dont make them do it outside

llettuce

nimbdrs
Pronouns
she/her
Scav!!!!! And im judging so no hunting for me, though rn we are doing classic rock bingo so i guess hunting for ccr

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Details. I think first weekend in a few that I didn't go somewhere for part of the weekend.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Where is 3pups to create a character list when you need him?

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I am lazy. I tend to just cut and paste anything him and Tildey put together when I sheet or makes notes. I will probably work on a list in the morning though.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I think we need a fiddle player in the background to set the ambiance
Fun, possibly little known, MTR fact - he played the violin through high school and college. Had a scholarship and everything. He never played fiddle style music, though. It was mostly classical for him.

MitchRapp

Vanilla Townie
Hi everyone. We had a family wedding yesterday and I am up early today to help my daughter move. I will be around more this evening. There is a lot of tomfoolery and skullduggery going on already in this thread. I have my eyes on a few of you.

Claws

Mastermind
Fun, possibly little known, MTR fact - he played the violin through high school and college. Had a scholarship and everything. He never played fiddle style music, though. It was mostly classical for him.
I also played a violin through school also only classical

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Thats cool. Only things i can play are games and peoples nerves.

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
My friend has one. They work well if you have a nice flat lawn with no obstacles.

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Oh my. looks like there is less than 12 hours left.

And some of you dont have 5 posts. i dont like bieing told how many posts i should make either but its actually easy. you can post about lawnmowers or dogs. those are trending topics.

or you can just vote sleep i know you want it. Dont be shy its towny.

Vote: Sleep

:bandwagon:

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Lmao Mazer you could have added this ;p

• Ask another player why they voted for someone
  • Ask another player if they would vote for a particular player
  • Ask another player who they would not consider voting today
  • Give at least two names of players you like, and one you do not like
  • Quote a post you like from another player and try to explain why (Only posts relevant to the game will count)
  • Quote a post you dislike from another player and try to explain why (Only posts relevant to the game will count)
  • Ask for opinions about something you don’t understand
  • Quote and reply to a game related question directed at you with an answer
  • Quote and reply to a game related question directed at no one in particular with an answer

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
mtr (1)- future
vk- (1) robo
morri (1)- bn
psych (1)- cwe
GC (1)- LDG
sleep (1)- GC

Right around 12 hours left.

As a reminder, votes that were cast before I said Day 1 had actually started don't count.

Claws

Mastermind
Vote: forgottenhold
put your head between your legs and kiss your bum goodbye :lol:

Claws

Mastermind
You know, that is an excellent point.
The sad reality is they are about 2k here and i could get a push mower for 300$ and still save 700$ which riding mowers are like 3k plus i have a decently big yard its a double lot about 1/8 an acre maybe slightly bigger

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Vote: forgottenhold
put your head between your legs and kiss your bum goodbye :lol:
Is a beautifull day outside, birds are singing, flowers are blooming... on days like this

Unvote:
Vote: Futurehold

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
The sad reality is they are about 2k here and i could get a push mower for 300$ and still save 700$ which riding mowers are like 3k plus i have a decently big yard its a double lot about 1/8 an acre maybe slightly bigger
Our front yard is pretty flat. The back yard is super long and has a pretty steady hill (not super steep but also not a gentle slope). Future used to be responsible for the yard, but Diva has recently taken it over (and is doing a damned fine job). We have a push mower as well.

Listo95

Is a beautifull day outside, birds are singing, flowers are blooming... on days like this

Unvote:
Vote: Futurehold
Fuck birds and flowers. I've had a nest right next to my window for like 2 weeks now. With baby chicks in it. My sleep has been terrible because of it. Flowers are just cause fuck pollen.

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah those are awful.

Just put earplugs in and try to get some sleep. It will do you good. been there done that, statisticaly proven.

Claws

Mastermind
Fuck birds and flowers. I've had a nest right next to my window for like 2 weeks now. With baby chicks in it. My sleep has been terrible because of it. Flowers are just cause fuck pollen.
I keep telling you just annilate them or take the nest out of the gutter and drop it :dunno:

DivaSmurf

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Hey y’all sorry been absent, I work 12.5-13 hour doubles on Friday and Saturdays, and I’m catching up now will post thoughts as I go

DivaSmurf

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Such as initial thoughts on the post where the house starts picking sides:
Tildey switches green red green
Tildey and diva are originally sided together but that bit near the end it goes- tildey and diva, to tildey and lettuce(who started this write up bit as red) and we get house of tilduce,
Llettuce switches red to green
Is Violina switching around or could this be multiple violinas?

DivaSmurf

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Lettuce looked on. She had egged on the RSE, knowing that he wouldn't be able to resist the trail of crumbs she had laid. The first, but not the last, betrayal had already occurred.

Violina watched on. They had some much more they needed to understand about Listo. About Hell. But now was not the time. Maybe earlier would
Thoughts on this event, llettuce back to red when last seen green, and another Violina color

DivaSmurf

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
i feel compelled to say, as a former student of the majestic violin, that i greatly appreciate the beautiful tones of our overlord, violina.
I wonder if Violina is playable character or mod flavor this game

DivaSmurf

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
You know that first 2 writeups before game started are bs right?
I’m gonna go on the record and say I disagree with this assumption, my first thought was perhaps this was typos/mistakes but I then went ah wait this is mazer and I think this intentional and worth noting

DivaSmurf

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Our front yard is pretty flat. The back yard is super long and has a pretty steady hill (not super steep but also not a gentle slope). Future used to be responsible for the yard, but Diva has recently taken it over (and is doing a damned fine job). We have a push mower as well.
I’m really enjoying it, it’s hard work but I love the pay off

DivaSmurf

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Vote: Sleep
this is where I’m going today, lots of stuff happening but not enough info, speaking of lawn care I need to go mow, so ill be unavailable for a few hours

Top Bottom