Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 24 - Camp Half-Blood

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Final Day 1 Vote Count:

BN - 6 (Matthieu #3, Val #51, Xanjori #113, Claws #140, MitchRapp #198, Listo #199)
Caito - 2 (3puppies #38), CWE #66)
Sleep - 2 (Caito #92, Mazer #176)
Claws - 1 (BN #4)
Listo - 1 (Grumpy #68)

Not Voting: llettuce, MTR

—------------------

The group spent the day more or less meandering around and discussing their circumstances. As the sun set, no one amongst them stood out as the most dastardly and they decided to take a night to see what a new day would bring them.

There has been no elimination.

—------------------

It is now Night 1. Night 1 will end at 8:00pm ET on Sept 30th or when all actions are submitted. Actions must be submitted by 6:00pm ET for them to be valid.
If 3 puppies is indeed evil Id be tempted to go BN straight after.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
There is the potential for framed results during this game based on the roles within the game. Specifics are detailed on these role cards.
Like this is the only thing it sounds like could be a v/v situation with Val+3puppies here, I guess Val should give more details into why he is so sure 3Puppies is evil

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 2 Vote Count:

3puppies - 3 (Val #247, Matthieu #251), Mazer #256)
Claws - 1 (Blind Ninja #220)

Not Voting: 3puppies, Caito, CWE, Grumpycat, Listo, llettuce, Mazer, MTR, Xanjori, Mitch #252), Claws #261

It is now Day 2. Day 2 will end at 8:00pm ET on Oct 2nd or when majority is reached. With 14 players alive, majority is 8 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by the end of day, there will be no elimination.

3puppies

Scum Hunter
Its more about why pick you? I could think of easier yeet targets.

I wondered what I did to deserve being a target, and I think either it was random, or that he - like everyone - knows I am a lot less experienced so maybe I wouldn't know what to do. With nothing in the writeup, there's no way I can prove to everyone I am no threat to town. I have a much higher opinion of everyone else than myself, so I do see myself as maybe the easiest target.

But it's mostly about how I read the Executioner role. In a game with limited writeups, it would seem the easiest strategy would be to simply claim deets on someone right away, and press for a yeet on them as nobody else has anything that could be confirmed.

Blind Ninja

Godfather
BN - 6 (Matthieu #3, Val #51, Xanjori #113, Claws #140, MitchRapp #198, Listo #199)
Caito - 2 (3puppies #38), CWE #66)
Sleep - 2 (Caito #92, Mazer #176)
Claws - 1 (BN #4)
Listo - 1 (Grumpy #68)

Not Voting: llettuce, MTR
If 3 puppies is indeed evil Id be tempted to go BN straight after.

If you're doing it purely off votes... why pick 3pups and me specifically?

Looks like I could be teamed with 3pup, Caito, CWE, Mazer, Grumpy, Llettuce or MTR

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
If we have an Executioner, as I suspect, doesn't it make the most sense for them pick a target and claim info very early, before anyone can counter? If the Executioner gets me yeeted, then a random person either on my train, or who did not vote also dies, and the Executioner wins.

Seems like a relatively easy wincon in a game with limited writeups.
It's an interesting theory.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
The limited writeup sucks.

I know I didn't act because I don't know who is deserving. But with only 3 roles in the write-up, and 14 players, there are 10 others who aren't sharing anything about your actions. One of these is I am guessing Val, the Executioner, who is not in the writeup either.

That still leaves 9 of you not sharing info about your activity last night.
I liked your earlier theory, but I also don't love this post.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I wondered what I did to deserve being a target, and I think either it was random, or that he - like everyone - knows I am a lot less experienced so maybe I wouldn't know what to do. With nothing in the writeup, there's no way I can prove to everyone I am no threat to town. I have a much higher opinion of everyone else than myself, so I do see myself as maybe the easiest target.

But it's mostly about how I read the Executioner role. In a game with limited writeups, it would seem the easiest strategy would be to simply claim deets on someone right away, and press for a yeet on them as nobody else has anything that could be confirmed.
Obviously, the "If it is an executioner, why choose 3pups?" probably went into our minds. And I can't quite get there with your first paragraph. It doesn't really ring right to me. I mean, you've played a decent amount of games at this point. You're no newb. And you tend to post more often. It's not a weekend, and there are people who are basically inactive.

All that said, I've been surprised by Val's targets before and it's certainly not a theory that can be ruled out. That is a viable strategy.

Matthieu

Vigilante
A player accused of being scum, even if caught red handed, is liable to deny and deflect. It generally comes down to how good the individual is at sweet talk.

On the other hand, if we choose to believe 3puppies and turn on Val and it turns out Val is telling the truth...then we lose a valuable investigation role.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Well. I'm not going to argue with you, of all people, about sweet talk.

I do think that if someone presents a theory, it at least needs to be vetted out fully. The facts check to me. It's the "Why" of 3pups that I'm still wrapping my mind around, and whether that makes sense as a narrative.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I agree though, without evidence, I would not be in favor of making an assumption about Val.

A quick lynch mob mentality on someone bringing forth dees, without a validation....is dumb.

3puppies

Scum Hunter
I agree though, without evidence, I would not be in favor of making an assumption about Val.

A quick lynch mob mentality on someone bringing forth dees, without a validation....is dumb.

This is why I have not voted Val yet. Besides OMGUS, I want to understand if there are other possibilities I am missing.

MTR

Godfather
Pronouns
he/him
Okay. I need to go back and read what is going on. I skimmed to try to catch up. So Val says 3pups while 3pups is saying not so fast. I mean not like we have seen people interpret their info wrong in the past so I guess we need to hash this out some.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
If the scenarios, are:

Val has legit dees-This is pretty straightforward. Val is probably good.
Val is executioner-3 pups could be good, bad, or neutral. Val would be neutral and 3pups retains almost the same base chance of membership (minus 1 from whatever the n is for the neutral group, so slightly higher percentage than a random person of falling in good or bad vs. neutral).
Val has corrupt dees-Val good, 3 pups likely good.

The 3rd possibility is the much less likely thing. As, unless I've missed something in roles (admittedly I have not read all in depth), it would require the person making the corruption to guess right on one of two non-obvious targets on n1 (the night where there are the most potential targets for a night action). So, I can't rule it out completely, but certainly the first 2 are more probable.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
It's also not lost on me that the Executioner role being cited will scare people from voting. So it could be a wise defense, and certainly something voidkitten would have considered as potentially mitigating the effectiveness of investigative roles.

Damn it voidkitten. It's the litterbox for you.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
last game I should have died night one but someone goofed and then I ended up blocking Caito's next two kill attempts. lol
Well then. That sounds like quite the turn of events.

MTR

Godfather
Pronouns
he/him
Val, I am absolutely not scum. Not sure what you're reading / implying that made you come up with this.

I have spent the day making hospice arrangements for my mother-in-law. We are told its a matter of hours or maybe a day. As she's in her late 80's, it's not unexpected, but she's made it through at least 8 ER trips in the past year, and she's always pulled through. But each time, a little weaker.

So I will probably get modkilled for not being able to meet the 10 post minimum.
Sorry to hear that.

MTR

Godfather
Pronouns
he/him
I believe Val is an Executioner

There is no way there can be any info on me as I made no action last night.

Val comes in claiming deets, hoping to get me wrongly yeeted.

In a game with limited write-ups, it seems easy enough to believe.

Val, you're a much better, more experienced player than I am. Somebody else may hopefully please be able to explain this better to me
You don't have to do an action for someone to get info on you if they have some kind of cop check they can do. Just saying.

MitchRapp

Vigilante
Okay. I need to go back and read what is going on. I skimmed to try to catch up. So Val says 3pups while 3pups is saying not so fast. I mean not like we have seen people interpret their info wrong in the past so I guess we need to hash this out some.
Val claims info 3 puppies.
3 puppies denies and proposes executioner.

Oh and Claws is scum.

That about sums it up.

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Val is executioner-3 pups could be good, bad, or neutral. Val would be neutral and 3pups retains almost the same base chance of membership (minus 1 from whatever the n is for the neutral group, so slightly higher percentage than a random person of falling in good or bad vs. neutral).
Val got dees and undrestood it wrong. Like some games ago where he was town and yeeted town like this.

I am not voting based on his word alone. If I see Vals flip and will i will decide if those are deets or no.

CWE

Godfather
Pronouns
he/him
If the scenarios, are:

The 3rd possibility is the much less likely thing. As, unless I've missed something in roles (admittedly I have not read all in depth), it would require the person making the corruption to guess right on one of two non-obvious targets on n1 (the night where there are the most potential targets for a night action). So, I can't rule it out completely, but certainly the first 2 are more probable.

Scenario 4...Val is PM and used reveal potion on 3pup seeing an evil and is puahing.

Matthieu

Vigilante
There's also the possibility that Val simply lucked out and picked a good target on N1.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Val got dees and undrestood it wrong. Like some games ago where he was town and yeeted town like this.

I am not voting based on his word alone. If I see Vals flip and will i will decide if those are deets or no.
It's possible. I usually see that in more of the RM games, and from some other folks fucking around with trying to outsmart the color. But def possible

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
BUT WHAT IF THIS IS THE EXECUTIONER?

Nervous The Big Bang Theory GIF

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
There are not many town that would have a guaranteed evil hit n1. Literally only 3. Unless I'm missing one.
Depending on how many scum there are, in 16 person game, 3 people isn't terrible odds. I guess....would you do that n1?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Never mind, because.....I looked it up and reveal is an each night action

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
So I guess it's more likely, just based on numbers, for it to hit town than scum. But no so improbable as to rule out.

But the executioner just needs someone that they can talk people into lynching.

CWE

Godfather
Pronouns
he/him
Never mind, because.....I looked it up and reveal is an each night action
PM meta is reveal each night and if you have a rit, and don't find a TI...they dead. If your team has a jinx and 1 more coven...that's 3 dead a night potentially.

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
If there was one we should know by now. Duel target would out them i guess.

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Potion Master. Coven.
Last rand had 3 individual "sk" and a scum team of 2.

IF this game is in simillar fashion then on one hand it will be harder to get scum based on connections because there isnt really any team. But it could lead to some scum v scum action.

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I can only find 5 ways but *shrug*
I could be a cleric
I could be a spy.
I could be a guardian angel.
I could be admirer that joined cleric.
I could be admirer that joined spy.
I could be an arsonist.

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Ok you win this one i said i am not town investigative so rules out spy.

CWE

Godfather
Pronouns
he/him
I could be a cleric
I could be a spy.
I could be a guardian angel.
I could be admirer that joined cleric.
I could be admirer that joined spy.
I could be an arsonist.
GA doesn't know what their target is. Just who their target is. Cleric wouldn't know if a arso visited...no attack. Admirer...same.

Listo95

Invest wouldnt see an arso. They could see if an arso visited I guess. And witch...yeah, forgot that one.
Yeah that's what I meant when I said Invest, they used Percept and saw an Arso visit.

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Arsonists douse. Or players get doused by visiting arsonist.

Now whitch one of those, thats a good question.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Working on rigging a huge CAT arm into a box for prehang to go down in the salt mine
I recently learned that there a lot of salt mines in my state.

The question is....are you working in an evil salt mine?

Apocaclaws

Scum Hunter
I recently learned that there a lot of salt mines in my state.

The question is....are you working in an evil salt mine?
No i work at a welding shop we do alot of work for the salt mine compass mineral they are based outta the states

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
No i work at a welding shop we do alot of work for the salt mine compass mineral they are based outta the states
Well, their headquarters is very close to where I work. They sponsor a lot of things, including Sporting KC.

Top Bottom