Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 11 - Who's the King?

Claws

Mastermind
Btw does thing king want us to vote to get the peasents concensus or shall we leave it up to you my lord

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Your King will be reviewing the thread today and considering everyone's contribution before I choose a subject for execution. If there are any final pleas, now is your time

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Subjects value your time. We compressed amount of paperwork to less than 2 pages with alle the juicy bits.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
All hail. This sorta slipped my mind, had my son all weekend. A bit different than a regular game but everyone's posts still just jumble in my brain on D1 so that's pretty similar. I don't really have much to add though. I am not threat to our lordship and kingdom but if the king wants my head so be it. Happy New Years everyone!

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
There are 7 hours remaining in Day 1.

As a reminder, I will count votes if people cast them. They just won't count towards yeet.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
that Future guy is so suspicious
I mean you are but that is besides the point.

At this point I have have no clue where you and claws land because I am bad on just tunneling in that you are both scum no matter what.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
All hail. This sorta slipped my mind, had my son all weekend. A bit different than a regular game but everyone's posts still just jumble in my brain on D1 so that's pretty similar. I don't really have much to add though. I am not threat to our lordship and kingdom but if the king wants my head so be it. Happy New Years everyone!
Happy new year.

Psych was curious about people's thoughts on a few folks.

He might be hungover after celebrating at World's End last night

Claws

Mastermind
i object to this statement and the real anarcist is mazer for slandering me in public

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
@PsychoSoldier Why did you pick those 4 ppl to get reactions from? Is that your list of potential elims? Any other input for the day? Id expect you to be more involved and talking before a decision gets made.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
@PsychoSoldier Why did you pick those 4 ppl to get reactions from? Is that your list of potential elims? Any other input for the day? Id expect you to be more involved and talking before a decision gets made.
Still gotta get caught up. Had my girlfriend's family over last night plus wrestling ppv and first day off today all week so I've been fucking off playing God of War. I'll be in thread soon after my royal shower.

I picked those 4 because you were 4 of the most vocal that had anything I would consider to be content in any sense. I had some slight vibes one way or the other and felt others could also make takes on them without the excuse of it being too early or them not posting enough to be any sort of readable

Nightingale

Administrator
Still gotta get caught up. Had my girlfriend's family over last night plus wrestling ppv and first day off today all week so I've been fucking off playing God of War. I'll be in thread soon after my royal shower.

I picked those 4 because you were 4 of the most vocal that had anything I would consider to be content in any sense. I had some slight vibes one way or the other and felt others could also make takes on them without the excuse of it being too early or them not posting enough to be any sort of readable
I wouldn't call myself "most vocal" - I've been intentionally quiet in fact. Not sure I buy this reasoning >.>

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I wouldn't call myself "most vocal" - I've been intentionally quiet in fact. Not sure I buy this reasoning >.>
I didn't say you were the most vocal, but you had come out with takes and at the time of the question seemed to be doing things in the slightest more than some, which was my point. People who were either talking more or had given off something that could be considered content/couldn't have the excuse that they're hard to read or something(like MTR or Val)

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Ive got a hot take... Go after people that are inactive.

More active ppl, potentially more active thread.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I like this, though I doubt Val would just roll the dice and not listen to what anyone else says - I like the thought process.

People I don't want to see axed today so far: Lettuce, Tildey
What makes this particular thought process towny?

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
anyways enough about my semantics how are you feeling about your subjects so far psycho do you have a lean on any1 ?
I promise to answer this once I complete the thread. I have thoughts, but using my royal power to withhold them for...royal reasons.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Blind Ninja going right at future was more predictable than psych going right into role-playing a king.

Or at least equally so.

I don't have it as AI at this point.

Psych, how do you feel about satsu?
Satsu seems like a fine subject so far. What I admire most is the angle of questioning whether the Kingmaker can self-appoint. These are light musings, but an angle that I do not believe withe be organic to the minds of assassins.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
The concern about Val potentially just picking someone at random. It's not something I think he would do, but it would be more statistically likely to benefit scum.
So you're implying that you think her speaking about it is dissuading the Kingmaker from choosing Val?

I guess I can sort of see that, but she was clearly talking about the first kingmaker(which already happened) and was actively promoting him as a solid king for later phases.

Nightingale

Administrator
So you're implying that you think her speaking about it is dissuading the Kingmaker from choosing Val?

I guess I can sort of see that, but she was clearly talking about the first kingmaker(which already happened) and was actively promoting him as a solid king for later phases.
No. That's not what I said at all... I said I liked her concern about not wanting someone she thought would probably pick randomly on D1 as king.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
No. That's not what I said at all... I said I liked her concern about not wanting someone she thought would probably pick randomly on D1 as king.
Ok, but why wouldn't she be able to say that as scum? It's basically mech talk.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Your King has gone over the entire thread again, and while many of my feelings are light, I must see to it that they are shared, so that the Kings to follow may have a reliable well of knowledge to draw from when making decisions in the future.

I am cautiously townreading Tildey. I think her participation is greater than anything I've seen from her this early as scum, and while her initial reads put a lot of focus on finding the Kingmaker, I think they were thorough and less likely to be openly postulated if she were evil. The caveat is that if she started with way more free time than normal, she may just be motivated to show she can dominate when she has the time. But I do not believe that to be the case and would rather take her at face value.

Also lightly townreading Listo. While he has only roleplayed so far, I think the quickness in which he changed perspectives when talking about revolting shows more freedom of mind than when he was belting out the same note for 3 days in the previous game. Obviously, we will need more, but it feels good so far.

Claws also seems towny. I think the way he's done a bit of solving, and how he both went at Blind for asking an awkward question and later still hung on to that as the most interesting thing that happened without actively attacking Blind...ehh, I feel Claws would normally use that as a point of attack as an assassin. Caveat is that sometimes when I townread Claws early he turns out to be evil, but I have the faith for now.

Lightest of light town on Future for similar reasons to the last game, but I don't feel as strongly about it. Would like to see a lot more.

I also agreed with Nightingale that llettuce would make a fine court jester, and I still agree, but her absolute drop-off since that time is a bit concerning. Like she had a fun intro and then disappeared which she is more prone to do as scum in my experience.

I talked about Satsu already and I also feel ok about Val, but these are just Royal flights of fancy, nothing strong.

Blind Ninja seems...ok? I'm sort of reserving judgment because he's one of the best at faking content without seeming too far off from his town meta. I kinda like that he immediately questioned Future's intention and overall I want to say the way he's tried to get more out of me and pressure my presence is something more likely to come from town? I'd keep an open mind here, but not the direction I'm looking in.

Mazer and Nightingale...I think there might be scum between the two. Mazer bothered me for reasons that both Tildey and Claws took out of my mouth. Feels like he's talking the talk but not really walking the walk. The first post where he talks about observing my process, it just feels like lip service to give the illusion of participation but leaving the winds open for the other town players to interpret positively or negatively and follow those winds. I will say I kinda like him asking if I would force people to cooperate, and the question about Satsu is ok? I think the directed inquisitiveness could be a good sign, but it's also totally possible he's doing the thing where he's just bringing up a name and hoping the crowd will do the shading for him.

To be honest, though, I'm more worried about Nightingale. Her intro was even more filler-y. I kind of liked her coming to a read on llettuce, but I didn't really get why she liked Mazer more than Claws or Blind considering I feel he was, at best, completely neutral by that point? At least for anyone who knows Mazer as well as we do. I don't really feel like the post she is townreading Tildey for makes much sense as it's a completely NAI assessment of Val's player archetype that either alignment could make. Which is why I'm questioning her on that right now. It feels more like Nightingale is saying things to look towny/productive rather than actually having curiosity, which is a bad sign for her.

Jarrod, LDG, Lora, and MTR are all rand for me right now, with MTR seeming maybe evil from soft meta vibes that I could not quite substantiate.

So my shot will likely land in those 4 or one of Mazer and Nightingale. Unless someone has a convincing reason to execute one of my townleans.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I feel its early to chop more active people. Itll be easy to determine where they align as the game goes. I would shoot someone sitting back and not contributing.
Any thoughts on my takes of Foxxi and Mazer? I know you said they haven't given you vibes, but I'm curious if my explanations gotten any cylinders firing

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Less than an hour left

Let's hear people's thoughts on this pool:

Nightingale
Mazer
LDG
Lora
Jarrod
MTR
Satsu
Future

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Any thoughts on my takes of Foxxi and Mazer? I know you said they haven't given you vibes, but I'm curious if my explanations gotten any cylinders firing
We've seen Foxxi alter her play so she doesnt get killed early as town. Since this doesnt match peoples expected town meta for her, it often gets seen as scummy. I feel this could be one of those instances. But also a little early to tell. Should watch, but give her a phase or 2 to be more involved in the game to see if you opinion alters as the phases go on.

I dont see what youre saying about Mazer. Nothing I see from him is IA either.

Could just be the difference in how we see their interactions. Either way, I think its early to chop people that will remain active without something more substantial.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
It can be a life
Satsu seems like a fine subject so far. What I admire most is the angle of questioning whether the Kingmaker can self-appoint. These are light musings, but an angle that I do not believe withe be organic to the minds of assassins.

Is the early Public question not a tactic we've seen a lot lately?

Not saying bring me the head of, but I think these things need to be recognized and we should be more cautious.

Rock and scum used public discussions very effectively last game

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Less than an hour left

Let's hear people's thoughts on this pool:

Nightingale
Mazer
LDG
Lora
Jarrod
MTR
Satsu
Future
As far as this list goes... Id remove the top 2 from contention for reasons ive already said.

Future is at least actively posting.

Since you were talking about people with just lip service, Jarrod comes most to mind.

Id likely cut the list to LDG, Jarrod, Satsu since they are the least active

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I.am curious what talk I am talking.

I wouldn't expect much of a read on me at this point, but the reactions are curious

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
It can be a life

Not saying bring me the head of, but I think these things need to be recognized and we should be more cautious.

Id also say that why would we want to identify the kingmaker and make it known publicly. Seems like more help to scum. Figure out who can still be a kingmaker and move towards their wincon

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
It can be a life

It's not about public discussions but specifically the angle of the discussion. Could be NAI but my first thought is self appointment wouldn't be the first theory on scum's mind.

Nightingale

Administrator
I kinda wanna derp clear jarrod personally. LDG is a coin toss. Satsu is spicy... I kinda like the spice.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I.am curious what talk I am talking.

I wouldn't expect much of a read on me at this point, but the reactions are curious
I specified. I didn't mean "talk the talk" as in you're saying one thing and not doing it yourself, but more that you're making posts that are bigger and seem like participation but it's most been vague. Like how your first post doesn't say anything other than "we'll see how Psycho 's process is" which doesn't actually move any discussion forward.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
I specified. I didn't mean "talk the talk" as in you're saying one thing and not doing it yourself, but more that you're making posts that are bigger and seem like participation but it's most been vague. Like how your first post doesn't say anything other than "we'll see how Psycho 's process is" which doesn't actually move any discussion forward.
If thats your hang up from Mazer, why arent more people on your elim list for the same reason?

Claws

Mastermind
Im actually with bn that blasting sum1 vocal early is gunna make this a boring game specially with what we have to go off of for today.

Psycho had me at mtr tho

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
If thats your hang up from Mazer, why arent more people on your elim list for the same reason?
Because it's specifically worrisome from Mazer. Like for a lot of other people it's just kind of expected on d1, and it's not like Mazer necessarily comes out of the gate with accusations. It's the size of his posts vs the amount of actual content in them. I mentioned the bits I liked where it felt like he was actually trying to impact the game/question things, but there hasn't been enough for me to feel like it's not in scum Mazer's playbook.

llettuce

nimbdrs
Pronouns
she/her
I Don't think I'm feeling particularly scummy about any of our outspoken guys so far
I feel its early to chop more active people. Itll be easy to determine where they align as the game goes. I would shoot someone sitting back and not contributing.
I've never played a kingmaker game but I imagined it would be the opposite

Nightingale

Administrator
Why would you derp clear Jarrod? How did he derp? And Satsu isn't really that spicy yet?
Presumably if he were scum he'd have teammates talking in discord and have been aware the game was going on. Though I suppose jarrod specifically may not pay that much attention to discord, but that was still my knee jerk reaction.

And satsu is spicy to me because he'd pretty much been ignored up till now.... and I don't like your town read on him.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
You were expecting MY first day 1 post to be a lengthy analysis?

Because thr most interesting thing to me process today. It's either something that builds your credibility or we have to vet it out if you make a bad kill (given day 1 is the toughest shot to hit).

I purposely didn't post a process suggestion, because I wanted to hear from you first on how you were handling.

I wish I had more questions from you yesterday to read, but life happens

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Presumably if he were scum he'd have teammates talking in discord and have been aware the game was going on. Though I suppose jarrod specifically may not pay that much attention to discord, but that was still my knee jerk reaction.

And satsu is spicy to me because he'd pretty much been ignored up till now.... and I don't like your town read on him.
Oh, you meant you like Satsu as an option to kill. I thought you meant you liked him because he was spicy.

But yeah, I don't think that's worthy of a derp as I think there's a good likelihood Jarrod just wouldn't be paying attention to Discord if he forgot about the game.

Claws

Mastermind
Oh, you meant you like Satsu as an option to kill. I thought you meant you liked him because he was spicy.

But yeah, I don't think that's worthy of a derp as I think there's a good likelihood Jarrod just wouldn't be paying attention to Discord if he forgot about the game.
Idk hes pretty good being active in scumchat but poor in the thread

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
You were expecting MY first day 1 post to be a lengthy analysis?

Because thr most interesting thing to me process today. It's either something that builds your credibility or we have to vet it out if you make a bad kill (given day 1 is the toughest shot to hit).

I purposely didn't post a process suggestion, because I wanted to hear from you first on how you were handling.

I wish I had more questions from you yesterday to read, but life happens
No. I specifically said that I don't expect a lot of lengthy analysis from you on d1, but I expect you to have more questioning/prodding or to be more playful. Here a lot of your posts instead are lengthy but don't have much of either.

It's also not that I expected you to have a process for me, it's that your first post just emptily talking about observing my process doesn't say much and reads like filler. Observing my process is like the basis of playing a mafia game.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Because it's specifically worrisome from Mazer. Like for a lot of other people it's just kind of expected on d1, and it's not like Mazer necessarily comes out of the gate with accusations. It's the size of his posts vs the amount of actual content in them. I mentioned the bits I liked where it felt like he was actually trying to impact the game/question things, but there hasn't been enough for me to feel like it's not in scum Mazer's playbook.
Well, I keep an eye out. Things didnt seem that out of the norm. Most people have been low activity this day.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I'm not derp clearing anyone first 48 anymore.

People got too sneaky

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
I Don't think I'm feeling particularly scummy about any of our outspoken guys so far

I've never played a kingmaker game but I imagined it would be the opposite
You think killing more active people will cause more discussion? Its going top be similar to other mafia games. Kill the talkative ones, the thread sits stagnant

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
No. I specifically said that I don't expect a lot of lengthy analysis from you on d1, but I expect you to have more questioning/prodding or to be more playful. Here a lot of your posts instead are lengthy but don't have much of either.

It's also not that I expected you to have a process for me, it's that your first post just emptily talking about observing my process doesn't say much and reads like filler. Observing my process is like the basis of playing a mafia game.
True. We've had people never play kingmaker, and not giving the king a pass, while fundamental, is an easy trap.to fall into.

Everyone playing should be aware of the importance of kill process accountability.

But yeah nothing groundbreaking.

I primarily wanted to see if you'd comment on my derp comment, any fast clears from you or anyone else, and the aforementioned process

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Ill just say ahead of time, If Im king, Ill expect everyone to give me 2 names on who should be shot and why... if ppl dont participate, they may get shot instead.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
True. We've had people never play kingmaker, and not giving the king a pass, while fundamental, is an easy trap.to fall into.

Everyone playing should be aware of the importance of kill process accountability.

But yeah nothing groundbreaking.

I primarily wanted to see if you'd comment on my derp comment, any fast clears from you or anyone else, and the aforementioned process
I wasn't really sure what you meant by the derp comment tbh unless you're talking about the people talking about Kingmaker/the couple who could have been giving hints at being Kingmaker. I do have someone I think is the Kingmaker, but my lips are sealed on that topic.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Out of respect for not killing the game, I won't execute Mazer or Nightingale. Of the two, I still trust Nightingale the least. For that reason, I will not be executing Satsu.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
LDG is completely rand and so is Lora, but I also would like to see if Lora ends up king. I feel dece about Future.

So I probably shoot MTR or Jarrod.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
LDG is completely rand and so is Lora, but I also would like to see if Lora ends up king. I feel dece about Future.

So I probably shoot MTR or Jarrod.
Why isnt LDG on the list of those to shoot?

Based on the "I hate RNG" comment, couldnt you conclude she may have rolled scum?

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
You know I sink my teeth in further into the game I get. D1 is always just chatter in my brain.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Why isnt LDG on the list of those to shoot?

Based on the "I hate RNG" comment, couldnt you conclude she may have rolled scum?
I guess so. I'm not against shooting LDG full stop, but MTR's tone already gives me scum MTR-ish vibes and Jarrod's plea about not understanding the setup feels kind of fake since last time he played this he immediately jumped into roleplaying and playing up the king kill mechanic. Whereas I didn't initially feel anything about the RNG comment and feel completely neutral on her.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
I guess so. I'm not against shooting LDG full stop, but MTR's tone already gives me scum MTR-ish vibes and Jarrod's plea about not understanding the setup feels kind of fake since last time he played this he immediately jumped into roleplaying and playing up the king kill mechanic. Whereas I didn't initially feel anything about the RNG comment and feel completely neutral on her.
I never said I don't understand the set up. I just said D1 to me is just white noise in my original post. At least that's how I meant my words to say.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I guess you didn't say you don't understand the setup, but the "a bit different from regular" came off kind of like an excuse to not engage, but eh, now that I'm rereading it, it makes some sense that you just haven't had time to get into the phase as much since you forgot about the game.

I do feel weird about you coming in to protest right after I narrowed it down to you and MTR though.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
It's not about public discussions but specifically the angle of the discussion. Could be NAI but my first thought is self appointment wouldn't be the first theory on scum's mind.
We're seeing this differently. I think understanding if you could eliminate someone from a key role would be a quick consideration.

And because even asking known things has become very common.

I just can't get there that it's any better than neutral

Nightingale

Administrator
Since when has jarrod ever done much D1? Hell, last game all he did was talk about badger. Here he doesn't even have that XD

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Blind, is your preference LDG here? That's what I get from your suggestion.

How about you, Claws? How do you feel about MTR vs. Jarrod? I know clock's ticking

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
I guess you didn't say you don't understand the setup, but the "a bit different from regular" came off kind of like an excuse to not engage, but eh, now that I'm rereading it, it makes some sense that you just haven't had time to get into the phase as much since you forgot about the game.

I do feel weird about you coming in to protest right after I narrowed it down to you and MTR though.
Yeah I totally get that. Get the Executioner if needed. Just impeccable timing really.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Since when has jarrod ever done much D1? Hell, last game all he did was talk about badger. Here he doesn't even have that XD
I don't know if this is directed at me, but I was specifically talking about his performance in the Rajah kingmaker game.

But maybe you're talking to Blind.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Jarrod popping in after a call out is vintage jarrod.

I would have felt better about him if he responded to me rather than waiting for psych exclusively.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Blind, is your preference LDG here? That's what I get from your suggestion.

How about you, Claws? How do you feel about MTR vs. Jarrod? I know clock's ticking
I can see the Jarrod, Satsu, LDG and to a slightly lesser extent MTR.

Coming in last second seems a bit fishy, but life does get in the way of a lot these days for many people.

Top Bottom