Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 11 - Who's the King?

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Welcome to the game thread everyone! As you are all hopefully aware, this is a Kingmaker game. So far we have had a Village and Assassin win. Let’s see who comes out on top this time, shall we?

Then again, this one is different :)

Kingmaker Rules:

1. Each day, one player will be announced as the King. This player will choose to eliminate any other player by bolding Execute: Playername in the game thread. Once the King does this, the day will end immediately and the player will be executed. Players may still vote in the normal way and they will be counted and displayed in a vote count, as a suggestion for the King to follow. Please do not bold Execute, unless you are the King.
2. Each night the Kingmaker will choose a new and different King. Repeat Kings are not allowed until there are 5 or fewer players remaining. If the Kingmaker is executed or killed, one of the Villagers will be made the Kingmaker. If no Villagers remain and the Kingmaker is killed/executed, the Assassins win the game.
3. If the King does not execute someone before the day end, the King will die instead.
4. Day Phases will be a maximum of 48 hours and Night Phases will be 24 hours. Night will end as soon as all actions are submitted. Phases may shrink as players decrease
5. No one is allowed to claim that they are selecting the next King, but you are allowed to claim Kingmaker.

Kingmaker Roles:

Role: King

You are the King! You must choose a player to execute by submitting a bolded “Execute: Player” in the thread. This will immediately eliminate that player and end the day. If you choose to execute the Hero, you will be killed instead.

Win Condition: You retain your original win condition.

—----------

Role: Villager

You are a Villager. Maybe you are a salesman, a barista, or even a pimp, but you are just an average person. You will help your King in choosing who to execute by voting, but your vote has no actual impact on the execution. If the Kingmaker is killed, you are eligible to become Kingmaker as a Villager.

Win Condition: You win when all of the Assassins have been expelled from the Village.

—----------

Role: Knight

You are the Knight. You are loyal to the Village of Townsburg. You will ensure that the people you trust are protected. Each night you may choose another player and protect them from an Assassin attack. You may not protect the same target twice in a row, nor may you protect yourself.

Win Condition: You win when all of the Assassins have been expelled from the Village.

—----------

Role: Hero

You are the Hero. Everyone in the Village of Townsburg loves you. They even compare you to a fictional character, Listo, from another realm. You are just the bees knees. If you are chosen to be executed, you Village will rise up and kill the King instead of you. If you are revealed as the Hero, in this way, you can no longer become King, but you will gain a 1-shot vigilante kill that can be used at night.

—----------

Role: Observer

You are the Observer. You know everything that goes on within the town and are particularly adept at keeping an eye on things. Once per night, you may choose another player and watch them during the night. You will receive results either as “No one visited your target,” or “Player(s) visited your target tonight,” or “You were not able to visit your target tonight.” You will not be able to see Kingmaker visits nor can you watch yourself.

—----------

Role: Kingmaker

You are the Kingmaker. You have all of the real power here and can decide who makes decisions. Each night, including N0, you will choose a primary and backup player to become King for the next day. You cannot choose repeat Kings until there are 5 or fewer players remaining. If no player is eligible to become King, the Assassins win. If you are killed, another Kingmaker will arise out of one of the remaining Villagers. If no Kingmaker can be crowned, the Assassins win.

—----------

Role: Grunt

You are the one of the Assassins. You and your team want to seize full control and will destroy the ruling class.

As a team, you can also choose a target to kill. This kill cannot be multitasked.

Win Condition: You win when you outnumber the Village or nothing can prevent this outcome. You also win if no player can become King or no player can be promoted to Kingmaker.

Role: Enforcer

You are the one of the Assassins. You and your team want to seize full control and will destroy the ruling class. You have the ability to roleblock another player preventing their action once per night. The Kingmaker action cannot be roleblocked and you cannot roleblock the same target twice in a row.

As a team, you can also choose a target to kill. This kill cannot be multitasked.

Win Condition: You win when you outnumber the Village or nothing can prevent this outcome. You also win if no player can become King or no player can be promoted to Kingmaker.

Role: Second-String

You are the one of the Assassins. You and your team want to seize full control and will destroy the ruling class. If the Enforcer is killed, you will inherit their ability to perform roleblocks.

Intro:

Chaos had been erupting in the area surrounding the Village of Townsburg. A group of Assassins were secretly moving in, quickly taking over the illicit goods market and silencing anyone who came searching for them. Anyone who came near figuring out their identities was never heard from again.

However, the King of the Village of Townsburg was sick of it. If he had to put his neck on the line, so be it. He sent out a broadcast that anyone who wishes to take him out should meet at the hotel on Main St. The King gathered his most faithful allies and marched down to the hotel.

Once there, the King confronted the cabal of Assassins, but something happened. A purple smoke filled the room, knocking everyone out. When they awoke, none of them could remember exactly who they were. They just remembered the mission, to save the Village of Townsburg. The Assassins on the other hand, pretended to be just as afflicted, but this was all a part of their plan to end it once and for all. No one knew who the original King was anymore.

Everyone stood up and looked around. No one was sure who was who, but a name was whispering around that someone should lead them. A name that was put above all else by the Kingmaker. No one could say no once the Kingmaker put their name forth. Psycho stepped forward. “I have heard your call, thank you for your trust, and I shall lead you today!”

—----------

Starting Composition:
1 Kingmaker
1 Hero
1 Knight
1 Observer
8 Villagers

1 Enforcer
1 Second-String
1 Grunt

—----------

Living Players:

1. Listo
2. Lora
3. Llettuce
4. Mazer
5. Nightingale
6. Psycho666Soldier
7. Satsu
8. Val the Moofia Boss

Dead Players:

Jarrod, playing as a Villager, has been executed. (Day 1)
Blind Ninja, playing as a Villager, has been killed. (Night 1)
LemonDemonGirl, playing as a Villager, has been executed. (Day 2)
Tildey, playing as the Observer, has been killed. (Night 2)
FutureHold, playing as a Villager, has been executed. (Day 3)
MTR, playing as the Hero, has been killed. (Night 3)
Claws, playing as the Grunt, has been executed. (Day 4)

Current Phase:

It is now Day 4. Day 4 will end at 12:00pm ET on Jan 7th or when the King chooses to execute a target. If the King does not execute by end of day, the King will be killed.

—----------

The Kingmaker has made their decision.

PSYCHO IS KING. ALL HAIL KING PSYCHO

Last edited:

Claws

Mastermind
So psycho can you prove your a good king what are your thoughts on subjects what laws do you uphold what will taxes be

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
There might be a few people less likely to pick psych. Some maybe would go foxxi.
But it's not as if it's a controversial choice so it's not as if tells us much.

Psych's process might tell us something

But it's psych, so im looking for tells not expecting if he's scum that ge would make a major fubar.

But I am curious about his process

Nightingale

Administrator
This king doesn't surprise me, it's a sound logical first king. If he's town, he'll think things through and make a rational choice, and if he's scum we absolutely don't want him king in late game.

Claws

Mastermind
Yes my lord. I’m sorry my lord.
The Aristocats GIF by Maudit

Listo95

You know what. Fuck the monarchy! Fuck the lords of our lands! We don’t need no royalty! We can rule ourselves!

llettuce

nimbdrs
Pronouns
she/her
was so excited to false claim the king and then i read the rules :((

llettuce

nimbdrs
Pronouns
she/her
Hey everyone, Its me your king! Thank you for joining this meeting! Im going to pick a motherfucker to murder, let me know who you are vibing. Thanks!

Listo95

Hey everyone, Its me your king! Thank you for joining this meeting! Im going to pick a motherfucker to murder, let me know who you are vibing. Thanks!
Impersonating the king deserves an execution!
Guards she’s pretending to be the king!!!

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Good day, peasan- I mean, my faithful servants. Some may consider my manner of rule overbearing, but I swear to give voice to the voiceless and enact swift justice against those assassins who would dare sully my royalty with treacherous feats.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
So psycho can you prove your a good king what are your thoughts on subjects what laws do you uphold what will taxes be
I do not believe in taxes. With my crown I was bequeathed mountains of riches. Why not use it for the betterment of my subjects?

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
You know what. Fuck the monarchy! Fuck the lords of our lands! We don’t need no royalty! We can rule ourselves!
While I demand respect from my subjects, I cannot deny the fire that burns within you reflects well on your character. How wouldst thou enjoy a place on my esteemed Royal Council?

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Your gall is...amusing. I would see to it that you are ordained as the court jester.

And it is now done.

Lora

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
they/them
if i am not made king this game i am never playing another mafia game again.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Just saying, Psycho seems like a safe option anyone would pick or a very specific option that someone would pick, but I want to say it was the safe option
Can Kingmaker self target? I dont see anything in a rolecard that would say they cant.
That would make self targeting safest option.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Kinda think that opening from lettuce was towny XD
Yes, she shall make a wonderful court jester.

But how does one feel about the members of the House that are not already part of the royal court?
There might be a few people less likely to pick psych. Some maybe would go foxxi.
But it's not as if it's a controversial choice so it's not as if tells us much.

Psych's process might tell us something

But it's psych, so im looking for tells not expecting if he's scum that ge would make a major fubar.

But I am curious about his process
Your deeds come with great esteem, dare I sayeth...great sexiness. But there is a darkness underlining your feats of grandeur. I demand an explanation of where your process is directed currently?

Nightingale

Administrator

But how does one feel about the members of the House that are not already part of the royal court?
I haven't decided yet, I don't like either right now but....both always feel sus to me, especially early game, so eh.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker

Your deeds come with great esteem, dare I sayeth...great sexiness. But there is a darkness underlining your feats of grandeur. I demand an explanation of where your process is directed currently?
Eh.

Day 1 matters more in kingmaker, but you still need the confirmation bias checks.

I'm a little piqued on derps now. Seeing that as a more common play. And the makes a fella wonder, don't it?

I'm curious whether you, as liege lord, will try to force people on record or go for a more covert process.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Eh.

Day 1 matters more in kingmaker, but you still need the confirmation bias checks.

I'm a little piqued on derps now. Seeing that as a more common play. And the makes a fella wonder, don't it?

I'm curious whether you, as liege lord, will try to force people on record or go for a more covert process.
While I have high expectations of respect, I believe I am a King that understands my people. Demands of stances for the record will be a part of my rule, but only where I feel it will yield results.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
On that note, your monarch decrees that all subjects must present their thoughts on the following people:

-Claws
-Blind Ninja
-Mazer
-Nightingale

I do not care for your certainty, only that you give an assessment one way or the other determined by your most basic feelings.

Those who do not comply are subject to execution. You have been warned.

Lora

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
they/them
On that note, your monarch decrees that all subjects must present their thoughts on the following people:

-Claws
-Blind Ninja
-Mazer
-Nightingale

I do not care for your certainty, only that you give an assessment one way or the other determined by your most basic feelings.

they are all scum fucks.

-Claws
-Blind Ninja
-Mazer
-Nightingale

Meh on the latter 3, but Claws doth inquire too much about boring laws and taxes. Put him in stocks and let him rethink his life.

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him

-Claws
-Blind Ninja
-Mazer
-Nightingale

The latter 3 make great points but the first one, idk, the vibes are off

Claws

Mastermind
Idk its d1 and no1 has done anything interesting excet bn admitting his question to futures question was also a waste of time

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
That seems a little violent.

I have been running errands today that included buying a new fridge which I am excited about which means I am adulting well today. So trying to read things through to try to get some reads but still early

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her

-Claws
-Blind Ninja
-Mazer
-Nightingale

• Claws’ posts so far strike me as more lighthearted than what I typically see from him which I find fun. I also find his comment about playing Kingmaker differently than mafia intriguing. I’m curious to see more.
  • BN’s posts lead me to believe that Future is donezo if BN gets made king. Also wondering if his bastard kingmaker comment may be tongue-in-cheek? Could he be the kingmaker?
  • Interesting to me that both Future & Nightingale have agreed that you’re a safe selection for first king. Future having said it before Nightingale does give me a villager-lean on Future.
  • Mazer seems to have jumped in with an all business feel to his posts but not much in the way of content so far. I look forward to his commentary on the observations he says he plans to make. If his posts remain quantity heavy but content light it would definitely rid my suspicions.
  • Nightingale is always a hard read for me. My gut so far says villager. Nothing in her posts yet that have pinged me.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
  • Claws’ posts so far strike me as more lighthearted than what I typically see from him which I find fun. I also find his comment about playing Kingmaker differently than mafia intriguing. I’m curious to see more.
  • BN’s posts lead me to believe that Future is donezo if BN gets made king. Also wondering if his bastard kingmaker comment may be tongue-in-cheek? Could he be the kingmaker?
  • Interesting to me that both Future & Nightingale have agreed that you’re a safe selection for first king. Future having said it before Nightingale does give me a villager-lean on Future.
  • Mazer seems to have jumped in with an all business feel to his posts but not much in the way of content so far. I look forward to his commentary on the observations he says he plans to make. If his posts remain quantity heavy but content light it would definitely rid my suspicions.
  • Nightingale is always a hard read for me. My gut so far says villager. Nothing in her posts yet that have pinged me.
EBWOP: raise suspicions not rid suspicions. Stupid autocorrect.

Nightingale

Administrator
This is... something. Tildey, how do you feel about psycho?

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
This is... something. Tildey, how do you feel about psycho?
I agree with you & Future that he’s a good initial choice. This is my first time playing Kingmaker and I’ve not observed one before either, but your logic resonates with me regarding what I know of Psycho’s play style and a quick read of the rules & roles.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
That seems a little violent.

I have been running errands today that included buying a new fridge which I am excited about which means I am adulting well today. So trying to read things through to try to get some reads but still early
So excited about the fridge! And the dishwasher! Hurray for end of year bonuses! :hyper:

Claws

Mastermind
I feel ldg gets the gun if bn gets king

Mazer being bizznizz feels agendy

Future calling for my head after saying he wants to protect me from early lynch feels gross too

I mean are we gunna break the record and off me d1 am i just a meme to you

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Mmm if i were KM probably val hes been a fair king in the past
I can see him being a fair king. I just don’t think he would be my pick for first king. I figure this D1 will be like most D1s in that we won’t have much to go on. When Val isn’t sure he tends to roll the dice. Which is fine, depending on circumstances, but if we’re gonna have a D1 kill I’d at least like the decision maker to have made a conscious decision and not chance.

Nightingale

Administrator
I can see him being a fair king. I just don’t think he would be my pick for first king. I figure this D1 will be like most D1s in that we won’t have much to go on. When Val isn’t sure he tends to roll the dice. Which is fine, depending on circumstances, but if we’re gonna have a D1 kill I’d at least like the decision maker to have made a conscious decision and not chance.
I like this, though I doubt Val would just roll the dice and not listen to what anyone else says - I like the thought process.

People I don't want to see axed today so far: Lettuce, Tildey

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I feel ldg gets the gun if bn gets king
So cliche if that’s the case.

Mazer being bizznizz feels agendy
I don’t entirely disagree. It’s the reason for my desire to watch & see. His posts are often business-like so it’s not automatically alignment indicative. Its the later content that should give more context.
Future calling for my head after saying he wants to protect me from early lynch feels gross too
To be fair, you routinely share your plans to take out the House of MTR starting with him. I think it’s a knee jerk reaction for him by now. And I think he’s a little jealous that you don’t catch as much flak for early shitposting as he does. LOL
I mean are we gunna break the record and off me d1 am i just a meme to you

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I like this, though I doubt Val would just roll the dice and not listen to what anyone else says - I like the thought process.
I would definitely like to think so. And its why I wouldn’t hate a King Val at a later phase when there more info & activity.
People I don't want to see axed today so far: Lettuce, Tildey

Blind Ninja

Vigilante

-Claws
-Blind Ninja
-Mazer
-Nightingale

I always think claws is sus
Other 2 im indifferent on right now.
I know im gonna flip town.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Yes, this is the kind of kingdom your King desires to lead. I demand more of this! And the more I get, the more mead shall go around for my loyal subjects!

Claws

Mastermind
and yet i have never taken the whole house down before and i tend to always go for mtr first

Claws

Mastermind
anyways enough about my semantics how are you feeling about your subjects so far psycho do you have a lean on any1 ?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Blind Ninja going right at future was more predictable than psych going right into role-playing a king.

Or at least equally so.

I don't have it as AI at this point.

Psych, how do you feel about satsu?

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Can't we have a day one where claws and Future are not threatening each other? The answer is no. But this really doesn't speak for either's alignment.

Top Bottom