Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 12 - 99 Friends Halloviolina Heist

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
GC is a bit more interesting.

I can definitely see a possible Vesper/GC connection. GC is also one of the old school crew who will not vote on people.

GC also went into it assuming the roll would be bad and asked for someone who felt lucky. Lora said it and he voted.

I guess it comes down to do we think that Lora was supremely confident he'd not die and he wanted to give grumpy a reason to push him up? Assuming partners.

His post about yeeting me or shooting Rock also is interesting. Slip of words or just wanting to be different?

I would probably not vote off GC today.. I'd give him another day to post and give his thoughts.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
my guy, you defiantly said that you felt like scum were hanging back and letting me and void go at it and then I countered with thats not really how this is playing out. most ppl aren't on and haven't commented so the only people that fit that accusation would be like MTR and Diva and grumpy
You sure do like to twist things. You may be watching the "who's on" but im not. I dont know if people are reading or not. Yes I said scum could be hanging back. But no, Im not accusing anyone specifically.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Other random thoughts.

Listo - Didn't hate him, but this may just be because I like Madame so much. I want to see a VCA tomorrow including D1/D2 to really decide. If I die, make sure he posts one.
Mazer - Does Mazer kill Psycho after Foxxi died? If I were yeeted, that would leave him alive as one of the most vocal of the "why aren't these dead yet" players. I know I'm town. Psycho was town. Foxxi was 3p. This makes me lean Mazer town for now.

Uhhh who else can I think of.

LDG - Initial gut read is town. Totally could be scum, but she made a similar post to how she posted when we were town together in the masonry.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
As for Vesper, I don't see things I really hate looking at the posts.

It looks like a progression of someone seeing they are getting vote after vote and thinking they will be dead.

With it being the first mafia game, I can see thinking vote = dead regardless of what was being discussed.

Could it be coaching? Eh. I think the coaching would be more than "lol im gonna die"

At no point did she ask not to be voted on, but said "lol welp. I'm gonna die. Was hoping to at least live"

The point about mass roleblock could ring true, but that would then assume the scum team thought the mass roleblock would die, from the game, and wanted their poisoner to take the hit over Vesper. Or at least take the risk.

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
both BN and I told her (Vesper) that she wasn't being voted out and that there was no reason to assume she'd die in the dice game. You are the only one that thought/knew that.

So she definitely wasn't paying attention to what was being said or pretended like she didn't

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
ok but I still think you are scum
*pats head* You can continue thinking that. I think you know you are wrong somewhere.

No one can say I have good scum play and then think this debacle is good scum play. Also, plz find any recent game where I AtE as scum to live and make up shit like this. If I AtE, it is almost always town. I think my last major AtE was in the Batman game where I had to convince Clarinet that he should vote Foxxi over me, as scum, and she won the AtE fight.

If you remember, when Val caught me in the SK game, I didn't AtE to win. I actually did have a post claiming my role and asking yall to let us shoot for you because I thought I was dead after Val had me. I found it in my google docs the other day. I really should post it sometime because it made me laugh so hard re-reading it. I thought it may not get me yeeted until I could shoot a scum in the face. I read it the other week and laughed my ass of and was like no I'd have died immediately.

Either way, this won't change your mind. You are sold on me and nothing I say will convince you otherwise without info. So if I do live, feel free to check me unless you think my role is also the godfather.

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
Even though you are scum I kind of want to keep you around just b/c if you die its just going to be posting and trying to herd kittens

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
both BN and I told her (Vesper) that she wasn't being voted out and that there was no reason to assume she'd die in the dice game. You are the only one that thought/knew that.

So she definitely wasn't paying attention to what was being said or pretended like she didn't
It was a thought that I guessed right. I am more confident on my dice roll feelings than I was about death being involved.

If you see someone claiming you could die regardless of the other 2-3 people saying it will probably be fine, you will still have the thought of death in your head no matter what.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Even though you are scum I kind of want to keep you around just b/c if you die its just going to be posting and trying to herd kittens
I mean this is absolutely a fair point. Foxxi and Psycho are already dead. I may be when our lovely overlord wakes from his slumber. And if I'm not at least I will post and make you think I am even scummier or maybe make you change your mind.

I doubt it, I think you are stubborn as all hell like me. It takes a lot for us to change our mind.

But really, still not scum.

And if it matters, I don't think I have ever given scum what my role is. I give them ways to manipulate votes, but I don't think I ever have given them a passive version of my role. Other mods likely have so I can't say for sure that it WOULDN'T happen here. I just don't know of the last scum aligned version of this role we have had.

@Listo95 - You seem to know the MMOC games the best. Any idea?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Red mass roleblock and a kill.

I vaguely recall Void saying the God King was a good choice.

Lora - 7 (Val, Lora, Psycho, Mazer, Grumpy, Void)

Seemed like it blew up in Red's face. At least one other person I'd wager is scum trying to get rewards.
What do you think of the late voting actions?

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Since Abbi's law was invoked, it looks like Caito or Grumpy would need to be scum for it to be accurate this game, too.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I also really dont understand why anyone thought it may not have been death.

Didn't the last game have death as a D1 thing along with immune?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
you keep saying it was a game of death when that wasn't public information. Did you ask the mod or are you just being manipulative?
i think people were openly talking about death all day phase. Maybe its because some of us have seen this kind of thing before on d1. And badger spelled out it could be bad.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Onto GC's claim of 8 scum. Let's see.

24 starting - 1 Neutral we know of.

15/8/1 - I doubt Badger expected the bomb to hit CWE off the bat. I also wonder how many kills we have compared to scum. If we have almost done, the jester would be more likely to hit scum, if they weren't yeeted.

15/8/1 would be on the higher side of things, but is plausible.

16/7/1 may be too little unless there is another neutral.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
So yeah, I can definitely see 8 being the number of scum.

But does scum GC immediately call out Abbi's law after he is on that train.

I genuinely do not know.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
It wasn't pronounced as a game of death though. Something bad would happen was what was said. I don't think anyone was 100% that the bad thing would be death. A lot probably thought punishment at most.
This is an interesting narrative. We were openly talking about not wanting Vesper to die yesterday. And today people seem to be questioning whether anyone should have been concerned about death?

Did I miss something earlier where people questioned the potential negative?

Do other people just not get how Badger runs games? In fairness, I probably have more discussions with him between games than average.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
That actually isn’t a bad thought. To be fair I haven’t read Vesper to make an opinion on them wanting or not.

We aren’t teamed. So don’t base your reads on that as my flip changes it regardless. Think im scum if you want but it ain’t me.
I was reading you positive, but I hate this post.

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
also when I pointed that out I wasn't focussing on the exactly 8 scum bit part, its was that he said something about scum voting for thier own

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Since Abbi's law was invoked, it looks like Caito or Grumpy would need to be scum for it to be accurate this game, too.
I'm not sure I'm applying it in this setting. But apparently I'm the only one interested in competing trains.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
So I checked.

Votes for immunity in Mazer's game.

Rock - 3 (Rock, Xan, Psycho)

Rock was the first scum there. But even lets say remove Rock because he voted himself.

Rock - 4 (Rock, Xan, Psycho, Badger).

Both Rock and Badger were scum.

Me think it was accurate that game.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
So I checked.

Votes for immunity in Mazer's game.

Rock - 3 (Rock, Xan, Psycho)

Rock was the first scum there. But even lets say remove Rock because he voted himself.

Rock - 4 (Rock, Xan, Psycho, Badger).

Both Rock and Badger were scum.

Me think it was accurate that game.
Mine had set consequences though. It wouldn't be out of character for Lora to be acting somewhat independent of the scum chat, so that's a bit of my conundrum right now.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Mine had set consequences though. It wouldn't be out of character for Lora to be acting somewhat independent of the scum chat, so that's a bit of my conundrum right now.
Lora wasn't the first to three votes so Abbis law doesn't apply to his train.

It applies to CWE's train.

Listo95

I mean this is absolutely a fair point. Foxxi and Psycho are already dead. I may be when our lovely overlord wakes from his slumber. And if I'm not at least I will post and make you think I am even scummier or maybe make you change your mind.

I doubt it, I think you are stubborn as all hell like me. It takes a lot for us to change our mind.

But really, still not scum.

And if it matters, I don't think I have ever given scum what my role is. I give them ways to manipulate votes, but I don't think I ever have given them a passive version of my role. Other mods likely have so I can't say for sure that it WOULDN'T happen here. I just don't know of the last scum aligned version of this role we have had.

@Listo95 - You seem to know the MMOC games the best. Any idea?
Da Madame spoke to da spirits from dat world. Dey be sayin dat dey recall it not bein used very often. Dey recall times where it both be town and a game where it be scum.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
So, if Abbi's law is correct AND I AM NOT SAYING IT HAS TO BE (it just is funny it has happened every game (i think) since it was brought up).

Caito or GC are scum.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Da Madame spoke to da spirits from dat world. Dey be sayin dat dey recall it not bein used very often. Dey recall times where it both be town and a game where it be scum.
Yeah, I think we tend to rely on giving votes to people/taking away versus standard versions of the role.

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
I would probably not vote off GC today
Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Caito made 3 posts.

2 votes (one for no yeet and one for CWE)

Literally nothing to go on and someone needs to talk about Caito from Rajah

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Vote Count:

Divasmurf - 1 (lletuce)
Lora - 1 (Val)
Listo - 1 (rock meets hard place)
MTR - 1 (ForgottenHold)
vesper - 7 (morrison, Claws, BN, Jarrod, Dreyski, Psycho, Listo)
rock meets hard place - 3 (Randolph, VoidKitten)
Tildey - 1 (MTR)
MTR - 1 (Tildey)
ForgottenHold - 1 (DivaSmurf)
Caito - 1 (Mazer)
Lora - 1 (Lora)

Just under 9 hours left. Deadline is today at 9:43pm Badger time GMT. 12 is required for a hammer.

So here's where things get interesting

Vote: Lora

Ride the wave dudes

Lora voted for Lora when there wasn't much and Vesper looked to be well in the lead. Psych then sees something and takes it to 3.

Vote Count:

Divasmurf - 1 (lletuce)
Lora - 3 (Val, Lora, Psycho)
MTR - 1 (ForgottenHold)
vesper - 6 (morrison, Claws, BN, Jarrod, Dreyski, Listo)
rock meets hard place - 3 (Randolph, VoidKitten)
Tildey - 1 (MTR)
MTR - 1 (Tildey)
Caito - 1 (Mazer)

Just under 8 hours left. Deadline is today at 9:43pm Badger time GMT. 12 is required for a hammer.

That's a good point. I still want Badger to count my vote before I unvote though.

What friendly neighbor should I vote for? Void did have a good point, if that dirty Badger does kill someone, I really don't want the first time player getting booted.

This is one of the posts I was talking about from Jarrod. He seems to be questioning whether this was ever considered. But he agrees with the point here. Note: Rock calls Jarrod out on this later. So that's something? Maybe nothing?

Because the dialogue today is something I struggle with

Vote Count:

Divasmurf - 1 (lletuce)
Lora - 3 (Val, Lora, Psycho)
MTR - 1 (ForgottenHold)
vesper - 5 (morrison, Claws, BN, Dreyski, Listo)
rock meets hard place - 4 (Randolph, VoidKitten, Jarrod)
Tildey - 1 (MTR)
MTR - 1 (Tildey)
Caito - 1 (Mazer)
Vesper loses one (Jarrod).

Just over 6 hours left. Deadline is today at 9:43pm GMT. 12 required for a hammer

Vote Count:

Divasmurf - 1 (lletuce)
MTR - 1 (ForgottenHold)
rock meets hard place - 1 (Randolph)
Tildey - 1 (MTR)
MTR - 1 (Tildey)

Just under 4 hours to go. Deadline is at 9:43pm Badger Time GMT. 12 required for a hammer.
Here's where Lora gets a little more action going. With Grumpy it was even, and then the void vote comes in to make it plus 2. Significant if Lora was still trying to win. My thing here is I was curious about Lora and gave him an opportunity to push his own vote if he wanted., with little action required, He kinda didn't take the bait.

Vote Count:

Divasmurf - 1 (lletuce)
MTR - 2 (ForgottenHold, Tildey)
Tildey - 1 (MTR)

Just under 2 hours to go. Deadline is at 9:43pm Badger Time GMT. 12 required for a hammer.
Late votes start coming in. Tildey kinda gives a vote that's not really going to do anything.
:lol: I’m not sure mods are supposed to influence the vote like this but, as you wish….

Unvote: MTR

Vote: ForgottenHold

Apparently I haven't voted yet even though I was pretty sure I did lol, soooo bc family drama is fun:
Vote: Tidley
Vesper's is kinda nothing as well.
Vote: Vesper

What Badger failed to mention: The dice are rigged and the winner is screwed.
And Jarrod pops back on Vesper. This is where Rock comments on it too.

Final D1 Vote Count:

Divasmurf - 1 (lletuce)
MTR - 2 (ForgottenHold, Tildey)
vesper - 6 (morrison, Claws, BN, Dreyski, Listo, Jarrod)
Tildey - 2 (MTR, Tildey)
ForgottenHold - 2 (DivaSmurf, Tildey)

And in fairness, Jarrod did make a defense that he didn't think Badger would go through with it. Because of where it stands and the flip in comments, I don't think Jarrod would think it unfair to question.

Ultimately, none of the late votes changed anything, but if there is significance to any of them, I would also look at some of the non-voters

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
remember how some ppl were suggesting that Catio was CWE's mason buddy? lets assume he is, then who is this "better target",void?

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
remember how some ppl were suggesting that Catio was CWE's mason buddy? lets assume he is, then who is this "better target",void?
There is nothing to say Caito is CWE's mason buddy other than a joke about how the two of them started their feud.

Or if Badger assigned those two the roles. With CWE being a mason, its possible right? But that would mean it was assigned because there is no way anyone will convince be the two of them randed mason, if they are masons.

So that won't actually hold any water on a potential vote.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
So here's where things get interesting

Lora voted for Lora when there wasn't much and Vesper looked to be well in the lead. Psych then sees something and takes it to 3.

This is one of the posts I was talking about from Jarrod. He seems to be questioning whether this was ever considered. But he agrees with the point here. Note: Rock calls Jarrod out on this later. So that's something? Maybe nothing?

Because the dialogue today is something I struggle with

Vesper loses one (Jarrod).

Here's where Lora gets a little more action going. With Grumpy it was even, and then the void vote comes in to make it plus 2. Significant if Lora was still trying to win. My thing here is I was curious about Lora and gave him an opportunity to push his own vote if he wanted., with little action required, He kinda didn't take the bait.

Late votes start coming in. Tildey kinda gives a vote that's not really going to do anything.

Vesper's is kinda nothing as well.

And Jarrod pops back on Vesper. This is where Rock comments on it too.

And in fairness, Jarrod did make a defense that he didn't think Badger would go through with it. Because of where it stands and the flip in comments, I don't think Jarrod would think it unfair to question.

Ultimately, none of the late votes changed anything, but if there is significance to any of them, I would also look at some of the non-voters
I dunno. I just wanna call this wall post town.

I feel like scum Mazer isn't casing people on D2 and analyzing every quote.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
so if you had a choice you'd vote catio over gc today?
I mean I do have a choice :D

But if I had to vote RIGHT now and deadline was in an hour and we wanted to test Abbi's law, I'd vote GC most likely.

If Caito doesn't show up at all on D2 and GC is posting and interacting, I'd look at Caito.

If they both show up, lets see how they post.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I swear to god if this law is accurate again this game, WHY DO YOU SCUM KEEP DOING THIS. ITS BEEN EVERY SINGLE GAME*

*from my memory. i didn't check every game.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Either way, I hope we get more people throwing their thoughts out. We have 21 people alive so we should get some decent back and forth.

I really just do not need this day framed around me being scum because it will literally be useless, unless the scum actually joined in the pushing and can be analyzed. Though if they all back of that could be looked at too.

So eh. I'd prefer yall look at other people you think will be sus that has nothing to do with me being scum making them possible scum.

Assume I am not teamed and figure out where your thoughts lie for as long as I'm not dead.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I get that. You replied to my post which was specifically talking about Abbi's Law which is why I reminded you what I was talking about.
Yeah. I was changing the topic because I wanted you to respond to the next point

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Assume I am not teamed and figure out where your thoughts lie for as long as I'm not dedead.
Eh. I'm just going to try to solve the game today.

Which means I will assume nothing.

When you're trying to solve as fast as you can, details matter

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
@Mazer What do you think?

Rock and Jarrod had two different reactions to my gaffe earlier. Jarrod took it as me likely being town and backed off a bit. He started to act like he does when he is casing someone and backed off.

Rock has kept on it ad naueseum, but has talked about other things in between jabs at me being scummy.

Two people just having different reactions? Or is one scummier or townier?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
@Mazer What do you think?

Rock and Jarrod had two different reactions to my gaffe earlier. Jarrod took it as me likely being town and backed off a bit. He started to act like he does when he is casing someone and backed off.

Rock has kept on it ad naueseum, but has talked about other things in between jabs at me being scummy.

Two people just having different reactions? Or is one scummier or townier?
I haven't decided. I don't like the conversation trying to move people off having any suspicion on the vesper train.

As I said, I feel like this directly contradicts the conversation yesterday.

Jarrod had me pinged the most when Lora flipped for the reasons I've laid out.

I posted them out, because anyone can tell me of there's a whole in my logic.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
The general thoughts about how the Lora dynamic may have shifted and the late d1 votes
Of the three later votes, Vespers feels the most normal of them.

Tildey choosing to vote FH on the mod's joking is a bit off I will say instead of being on the trains actually getting pushed up.

Jarrod looks like he jumped off Vesper and then decided he just wanted to end with a vote, so he put it back on Vesper. Whether or not he assumed no one was coming back and it was a waste? Wanted to look good? I can see it both ways.

I am interested in the fact Lora asked for votes within minutes of Psycho adding a vote. This is what felt mildly off to me about Lora. It was out of the blue along with the arbitrary reason of why.

It was then Mazer and GC on this before I pushed Lora up to 7 when he and Vesper were tied.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
L
maybe it's late and my brain is half asleep but I don't understand what alot of that post means, Mazer.
There are a lot of random observations and I don't have a great read on Lora.

But I find a few things interesting

Because jarrod agreed with a point about not voting vesper, unvoted, and then voted vesper again when it got close. I blatantly do not understand why he would contradict what he already said at that point.

After Badger put the final up we also had two votes that meant very little, and several non voters in what ended up as a close vote

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Jarrod looks like he jumped off Vesper and then decided he just wanted to end with a vote, so he put it back on Vesper. Whether or not he assumed no one was coming back and it was a waste? Wanted to look good? I can see it both ways.
A lot of the point is based off jarrod's earlier quote.

I don't see any good reason to push vesper back up there.

That said, I don't disagree with your other comments about those votes.

rock meets hard place

Kitten Herder
Pronouns
he/him
It may be TV on my part but I have a hard time seeing void as not scum. I also think Vesper and GC are excellent options and that's where I'd like to go. today. My other thought is if Vesper is the 1x mass roleblocker and void is a dv or has the same role I had and gives ppl a vote then maybe it's best to vote GC to get rid of the unknown scum role.

Randolph

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
he/him
God, trying to read through all of this after being out so long is like trying to get through a meeting well suffering from a hangover. I'll try and reread it when I wake up at noon. Go Lions!

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
If im alive tomorrow morning I’ll read some people and give thoughts. If im dead ah well. I am not going to do that tonight. Or don’t plant to.
I dont either but in in extereme circumstances if am put against a wall i might.

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I also really dont understand why anyone thought it may not have been death.

Didn't the last game have death as a D1 thing along with immune?
If it didnt involve death whole d1 would be a dull affair. My idea was it was reward/death 50/50.

Technically a bit less for death at that point because i didnt play Badger game before and wan't sure what kind of mod he his.
More of alter some rules on the fly type and be like - ok there were 2 deaths on d1 so lets slow it down a bit.
Or more of a standard mod that if something is planed to work certain way then it will work that way.

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
And some people were worried my game would be boring. If Carlsberg and Badger made Mafia games….

I suppose I should count at some point but need coffee and bagels first.

Update to come

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Nice try.

ut seriously you are either scum here or a rare example of town I would actually misyeet, because just reading your mental loops and hoops makes entire thread dumber.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Vote Count:

Voidkitten - 1 (Val)
Val - 1 (Claws)
Grumpycat - 1 (Rock)

Just under 39 hours to go. 11 required for a hammer. Sexy Badger deadline time Monday 1:13AM GMT. Also sexy world clock:

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Sorry was so long, had some scrolling to do after me bagels lol

morrison

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Rock, like I said on D1 when I voted him. I said my vote was for death, not a prize.

Then I said Lora convinced me. He made exactly 2 scummier posts that made me apathetic to any consequences from the dice roll.

Exactly what happened was what I refused to let happen to Vesper.

I am the anti-Morrison.
hey arnold nicksplat GIF

morrison

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
you know what would kinda make some sense to me? Vesper was so worried about it being death b/c VK was in her chat saying that the bad aspect of it was death.
any scum worth their weight would be floating the possibility that there was large negative potential in being the nominee.

Top Bottom