Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 15 - VoidKitten's Revenge

Mankind

Vanilla Townie
Who I would lynch? Well, the stupidly obvious one would be Cody Rhodes. Mostly absent. I don't think any scum have visited him and multiple town characters have visited him. Also, even when he can and does talk he's been very unhelpful.

Cactus is a little iffy. It's pretty common for mafia to bus drive one of their own with somebody else. He was seemingly poisoned, but that's hard to say much about. There's certainly been writeup additions in the past, so the poison may not even have been real, a fabrication to try and garner town cred for a middling mafian.

Jade's been a lot of absence. Could look them up again to see if there was something of actual interest.

Seth I guess might be another candidate, but I'd have to look over their stuff to be sure. Can't be Rajah because of visitation, though, so would have to hope for mafia.

Well Trusted:
Merlin - claims results on people, including pug who was evil
Harry Potter - Merlin claims result of not Kitten Kaboodle

Middle
Dresden- gone over stuff
Sirius - Most active player left, lots of misses with his support, defense, and offensive choices. I want to trust him, but can't fully do so. I think that he's good for the day phase in pushing for activity, if nothing else.

Mankind

Vanilla Townie
You didn’t ask me, but I would yeet Cody if we had the option today. I think he’s the SK and his bpv got popped last night.
I hadn't thought of that, it's very plausible. I had just guessed it was a remnant of the D2 private wishes that were granted or some other hidden mechanic.

Mankind

Vanilla Townie
If Cactus is mafia, he's voting for Dresden, which would force me to assume that both Dresden and I are town, or at least not mafia. Either that or mafia has decided to give up immediately and just bus their ally in this forced death match.

Seth Rollins

Vanilla Townie
Yeah I would agree if we had the choice.

Honestly this is Sophie’s choice a bit here. On the one hand I like Mankind’s contribution but Dresden hinted of an advantageous role. Now this has been used as a scum fake claim in past games but think he might be on the level.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 6 Vote Count:

Harry Dresden - 1 (Cactus Jack #1786)
Mankind - 1 (Sirius Black #1787)

Not Voting: Cody Rhodes, Harry Potter, Jade Cargill, Merlin, Seth Rollins, Mankind #1773, Harry Dresden #1776

It is now Day 6. Day 6 will end at 8:00pm ET (GMT-4) on Apr 16th or when majority is reached. If majority is not reached by the end of the day, the player with the most votes will be eliminated. With 9 players alive, the majority is 5 votes on a single player.

Harry Dresden

Vanilla Townie
File this under the heading “Never hurts to ask in this crazy game,”

Hey! Violina, how about if Cody takes my place in the Thunderdome? I like errands and am glad to help you shop for lingerie - let’s look for cute & comfy.

Harry Potter

Vanilla Townie

Hey! Violina, how about if Cody takes my place in the Thunderdome? I like errands and am glad to help you shop for lingerie - let’s look for cute & comfy.
I guess I shouldnt have taken advice from Moaning Murtle. That wasnt Violina's style.

Harry Potter

Vanilla Townie
I think both Dresden and Mankind have equal town equity. Might be why the council put them in a thunderdome

Mankind

Vanilla Townie

Maybe if Jafar were alive, we could use another wish to get out of this.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him

Harry Dresden has been re-poisoned and will die at the end of the day unless healed.

Harry Dresden

Vanilla Townie
Harry Dresden has been re-poisoned and will die at the end of the day unless healed.

The Princess Bride Boo GIF by filmeditor

Harry Dresden

Vanilla Townie
I guess I shouldnt have taken advice from Moaning Murtle. That wasnt Violina's style.
Let’s chat (hopefully captain grumpy mod won’t send anymore poison my way)….

Assuming you got to at least follow along yesterday even though you didn’t get to play with us, what are your thoughts about Cody & Jade? How about Cactus?

Harry Dresden

Vanilla Townie
You wouldn't have had to worry about poison if you have just been building up your immunity this entire time.

Rookie mistake.
You’re the one that’s going to have to explain to Mab what happened to her Winter Knight. :dunno:

I’m just gonna go back to solving mysteries.

Harry Potter

Vanilla Townie
Let’s chat (hopefully captain grumpy mod won’t send anymore poison my way)….

Assuming you got to at least follow along yesterday even though you didn’t get to play with us, what are your thoughts about Cody & Jade? How about Cactus?
I feel Jade and Cody have been the least useful people of those living. Jade rubs me wrong. When asked their opinion, made it sound like they couldnt give one without revealing their role. Cody MIA. Bad shot with the gun. So if we were in a position to freely vote today, Id likely fall to one of these 2.

Cactus was poisoned previously. And healed. So does scum have a fake poison ability? Was Cactus actually poisoned? Based on his own statement, sounds like he was informed of the poison. Didnt see him state that in thread, but was at least inferred from the writeup. Could be a scum play, but would rather resolve Jade/Cody before looking to Cactus.

Harry Dresden

Vanilla Townie
So before Rhea was yate, the running theory was we had 3 scum and 1 SK left. Since Rhea indeed flipped red, are we thinking that brings us down to 2 red & 1 SK?

Harry Dresden

Vanilla Townie
I feel Jade and Cody have been the least useful people of those living. Jade rubs me wrong. When asked their opinion, made it sound like they couldnt give one without revealing their role. Cody MIA. Bad shot with the gun. So if we were in a position to freely vote today, Id likely fall to one of these 2.

Cactus was poisoned previously. And healed. So does scum have a fake poison ability? Was Cactus actually poisoned? Based on his own statement, sounds like he was informed of the poison. Didnt see him state that in thread, but was at least inferred from the writeup. Could be a scum play, but would rather resolve Jade/Cody before looking to Cactus.
That’s a good point. For Cactus to be scum it would mean they poisoned their own guy. Which isn’t unheard of so he’s not hard cleared, imo, but that is a helluva risk. Sounds like you’re in agreement with me that there’s something up with Cody & Jade. Who rounds out your Sus list currently?

Harry Potter

Vanilla Townie
That’s a good point. For Cactus to be scum it would mean they poisoned their own guy. Which isn’t unheard of so he’s not hard cleared, imo, but that is a helluva risk. Sounds like you’re in agreement with me that there’s something up with Cody & Jade. Who rounds out your Sus list currently?

Trust:
7. Merlin
4. Harry Potter

Lean Trust:
9. Sirius Black
3. Harry Dresden
6. Mankind
1. Cactus Jack

Lean Distrust:
8. Seth Rollins

Distrust:
2. Cody Rhodes
5. Jade Cargill

Sirius moves between Trust and Lean Trust, based on how he is acting at the time. Feel like he should be a little lower with his pushes of multiple town and is open wolf claim. But I think that open wolf claim is BS.

Harry Potter

Vanilla Townie
Seth could also be in a more neutral position. I remember him typing in caps d1/d2. Dont remember much else. Was also someone affected by Violina the other day.

Harry Dresden

Vanilla Townie
The fact that there was no counter train to Rhea whatsoever makes me think that they might have been bussed

Or did the wolves actually just threw in the towel and agree to sell out the SK yesterday? There were some people who said they were leaning to vote SK before I abruptly changed my mind on Rhea. No honor among thieves if that is true smh.
I suspect that Rhea was the last vocal member of a dwindling scum team. She tapped a good dance but at the end of the day got hung out to dry by mostly absent teammates.

Jade Cargill

Lunchable
Cody's been silenced. Not a big loss with his contributions thus far, I don't think. Somebody tried to kill Cody, wouldn't have been a big loss if it had succeeded. Cody is pretty much irrelevant this game day.

I wouldn't be too certain after Jafar failed to flip as Rajah. Might be that the SK can only act on certain nights and that's why he's not showing up in the writeups. But who knows.

Jade Cargill

Lunchable
As for the two voting options we're left with, Harry has obviously been more active but again with this playerbase that doesn't mean anything. However, I'd imagine Mankind would have had something to contribute with his night action results, but I cannot recall him making any pushes yet so he might be scum coasting along.

Jade Cargill

Lunchable
Given this playerbase, I suspected that one of the leading voices (Dr. Strange, Harry Potter, Sirius Black, Cactus Jack, etc) would be a scum, but we're quickly running out of leading town voices so I'm hesitant to lynch one of town's only people really paying attention left. Also, Sirius Black claimed he was scum a couple days back but it seems everyone has ignored that. So do people just think he is frustrated or what?

I just realized that the Harry on trial today is not the same one as Harry Potter. IDK who this Dresden guy is. Off the top of my head I think I remember Mankind more so I guess I'd probably vote Harry Dresden today.

Seth Rollins

Vanilla Townie
Dunno who Dresden is? Not sure I like Jade’s post there.

Gotta bit of a packed day but will check in later and give more thoughts. I know I’ve been in and out and people have 50/50 reads though due to my activity which I don’t blame them for.. I am very much town though, just a shame I’m gonna go down as looks to be no-anti serums left that can save me, if there is any left for me though I’d appreciate it.

Seth Rollins

Vanilla Townie
Had a really mental week and some trouble at work. Just been a bit stretched this week but will try and do more later.

Harry Dresden

Vanilla Townie
Dunno who Dresden is? Not sure I like Jade’s post there.

Gotta bit of a packed day but will check in later and give more thoughts. I know I’ve been in and out and people have 50/50 reads though due to my activity which I don’t blame them for.. I am very much town though, just a shame I’m gonna go down as looks to be no-anti serums left that can save me, if there is any left for me though I’d appreciate it.
I’d guess that there will be more anti-serums available. Be active, contribute to solving, & try to check in throughout the day for anti-serum opportunities. And be hella wary of anyone that tries to push this vote through without making sure everyone has a had a chance to be saved from the poison. Town has the most to lose here from a fast yeet. It’s bad enough that I’m pretty confident we have a town v town thunderdome happening. Let’s not make it worse by losing people to poison by not paying attention.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 6 Vote Count:

Harry Dresden - 2 (Cactus Jack #1786, Cody Rhodes #1812)
Mankind - 2 (Sirius Black #1787, Jade Cargill #1842)

Not Voting: Harry Potter, Merlin, Seth Rollins, Mankind #1773, Harry Dresden #1776

It is now Day 6. Day 6 will end at 8:00pm ET (GMT-4) on Apr 19th or when majority is reached. If majority is not reached by the end of the day, the player with the most votes will be eliminated. With 9 players alive, the majority is 5 votes on a single player.

Last edited:

Sirius Black

Scum Hunter
A quick hammer leaves less time for anti serum...
Unless I'm mistaken, the only un-poisoned people currently are myself, Harry Potter and Mankind. So assuming we are both town, quick hammering Mankind before anyone else becomes un-poisoned would win the game for town.

Merlin

Vanilla Townie
Looking back I did say that. Now I am sorting through my notes to see why I said that.

Seth Rollins

Vanilla Townie
I’d guess that there will be more anti-serums available. Be active, contribute to solving, & try to check in throughout the day for anti-serum opportunities. And be hella wary of anyone that tries to push this vote through without making sure everyone has a had a chance to be saved from the poison. Town has the most to lose here from a fast yeet. It’s bad enough that I’m pretty confident we have a town v town thunderdome happening. Let’s not make it worse by losing people to poison by not paying attention.
Good advice.

Will try and do that when I have the time. 👍

Merlin

Vanilla Townie
I have not visited Harry Potter. I am trying to figure out what happened here. If I typed the wrong name or got confused or what.

Seth Rollins

Vanilla Townie
Vote: Mankind

Dresden appears more town to me and we have to vote someone so sorry.

Have a nice day anyway!

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 6 Vote Count:

Mankind - 3 (Jade Cargill #1842, Merlin #1864, Seth Rollins #1866)
Harry Dresden - 2 (Cactus Jack #1786, Cody Rhodes #1812)

Not Voting: Harry Potter, Mankind #1773, Harry Dresden #1776, Sirius Black #1868

It is now Day 6. Day 6 will end at 8:00pm ET (GMT-4) on Apr 19th or when majority is reached. If majority is not reached by the end of the day, the player with the most votes will be eliminated. With 9 players alive, the majority is 5 votes on a single player.

Harry Potter

Vanilla Townie
I like how there was talk about not rushing the vote to ensure people got anti-serum. Then there were 2 votes that put it to L-1. At least Sirius is paying attention.

Definitely a bad look for Seth.

Not sure what to think about Merlin's change of opinion on me.

Sirius Black

Scum Hunter
Vote: Harry Dresden

I actually think that Mankind has been townier than Dresden. A looot of Dresden's content revolves around them discussing the writeups and what not which is an easy way for mafia to generate content. They wanted to vote Cody Rhodes yesterday and didn't really engage with the suspicion on Rhea at all. They voted Glinda very late as the seventh vote when Glinda was already ahead by one vote, and they didn't even engage with the case of Glinda being outed due to night actions - which is weird for such a write-up oriented player.

My previous vote for Mankind was just to tie the wagons and to obscure my position. To what end? I don't know. But I was wondering if the anti-dotes were distributed via some process happening in the Tribal Council and I thought that misrepresenting my views for a bit might potentially cause someone to do something they might not have done otherwise. I don't know if it ever materialised in something but at this point enough time has passed that I feel compelled to come clean about this.

Inb4 no one cares and Mankind is yeeted over Harry anyway. Or Mankind is mafia and I'm guessing wrong yet again.

Still not entirely opposed to the idea of hammering Mankind for a me/Harry Potter/Merlin victory although Merlin being confused about why he had Harry as not Kitten Kaboodle does make me want to pause and actually evaluate Harry's alignment because those deets was the reason I had him as town.

Harry Potter

Vanilla Townie
Looking back through the mod posts we still have 5 people poisoned.

Cactus Jack
Cody Rhodes
Harry Dresden (was healed, then had 2 applied, but 1 cured)
Jade Cargill
Seth Rollins

With Sirius, Merlin, Mankind and myself healed.

We need to not push the vote and give people time to contribute and get healed.

Harry Potter

Vanilla Townie
Still not entirely opposed to the idea of hammering Mankind for a me/Harry Potter/Merlin victory although Merlin being confused about why he had Harry as not Kitten Kaboodle does make me want to pause and actually evaluate Harry's alignment because those deets was the reason I had him as town.
While I understand this line of thinking, part of me doesnt feel that VK would end the game this way. We've seen Violina act in some odd ways, so no telling if this would end the game or cause her to do something else.

Sirius Black

Scum Hunter
While I understand this line of thinking, part of me doesnt feel that VK would end the game this way. We've seen Violina act in some odd ways, so no telling if this would end the game or cause her to do something else.
Might also hammer Dresden for a potential immediate victory if the 4 of us are town, and to stil have another chance the next day if no more than 1 of us is not town.

Harry Dresden

Vanilla Townie
Vote: Harry Dresden

I actually think that Mankind has been townier than Dresden. A looot of Dresden's content revolves around them discussing the writeups and what not which is an easy way for mafia to generate content. They wanted to vote Cody Rhodes yesterday and didn't really engage with the suspicion on Rhea at all. They voted Glinda very late as the seventh vote when Glinda was already ahead by one vote, and they didn't even engage with the case of Glinda being outed due to night actions - which is weird for such a write-up oriented player.

My previous vote for Mankind was just to tie the wagons and to obscure my position. To what end? I don't know. But I was wondering if the anti-dotes were distributed via some process happening in the Tribal Council and I thought that misrepresenting my views for a bit might potentially cause someone to do something they might not have done otherwise. I don't know if it ever materialised in something but at this point enough time has passed that I feel compelled to come clean about this.

Inb4 no one cares and Mankind is yeeted over Harry anyway. Or Mankind is mafia and I'm guessing wrong yet again.

You gotta vote however you feel you gotta vote. I don’t have any deets to offer - that’s not how my role works. There’s not a way for me to prove that I’m town and that I’ve successfully acted to town’s benefit - but I have.

I do focus mostly on write ups because Im not great at reads - especially in an anonymous setup like this one. And vote analysis is just noise to my brain. might as well be Charlie Brown's teacher talking for all I'm able to process out of that.

Cactus Jack

Vanilla Townie
1. Cactus Jack
2. Cody Rhodes
3. Harry Dresden
4. Harry Potter
5. Jade Cargill
6. Mankind
7. Merlin
8. Seth Rollins
9. Sirius Black

Of these, ime quick to put Merlin and Mankind into townreads. Merlin is virtually mech cleared and Mankind has been putting in a lot of effort that not only feels genuine, but paired with the prolonged push on Rhea, feels like it comes from town motivation.

If I take off my barbwire tinfoil cap, Sirius is probably just town for pushing Glinda right after being revived. I can't forget that they defended Rhea and pushed hard for town kills(Palp, Mick), but getting the Mick flip and resorting to wolf claiming is a hell of a strategy if scum. Can't write him off, but probably just clean.

2. Cody Rhodes
3. Harry Dresden
4. Harry Potter
5. Jade Cargill
8. Seth Rollins

Call me crazy, but I kind of just think one of Cody/Jade is just probably town off playstyle, and the other could easily be SK. Don't get strong vibes to kill, but down to the wire we can't just dismiss them for having questionable playstyles. But still, probably just max 1 scum between the two.

I'd have to check Harry's cred. Off memory he's talked the talk, but not sure he's done much to disrupt scum.

I feel like I should have more thoughts on Seth Rollins but I don't so I'll need to figure that out.

And then Harry Dresden. Similar to Potter, I think he's talked the talk, but particularly in the last phase, his actions seem more beneficial to scum with the way he pushed for the SK to get chopped first and was sort of soft defending Rhea without outright going to bat for them. Trying to throw my name in the mix to potentially shade me doesn't help.

This is where my deranged head is at off the cuff. Gonna catch up now.

Sirius Black

Scum Hunter
I just checked and I don't believe you softed anything yesterday? Which I think would be a good idea for you to do if I'm right about what I think you are representing

Sirius Black

Scum Hunter
I just checked and I don't believe you softed anything yesterday? Which I think would be a good idea for you to do if I'm right about what I think you are representing
Or maybe I'm wrong because how would you even know

Not sure what to think of your statement atm

Cactus Jack

Vanilla Townie
Yeah I would agree if we had the choice.

Honestly this is Sophie’s choice a bit here. On the one hand I like Mankind’s contribution but Dresden hinted of an advantageous role. Now this has been used as a scum fake claim in past games but think he might be on the level.
This rings hollow

Cactus Jack

Vanilla Townie
As for the two voting options we're left with, Harry has obviously been more active but again with this playerbase that doesn't mean anything. However, I'd imagine Mankind would have had something to contribute with his night action results, but I cannot recall him making any pushes yet so he might be scum coasting along.
Mankind was one of the main voices against Rhea

Cactus Jack

Vanilla Townie
Harry Potter gaining some points for also calling out Seth's vote and people who try to push to L-1

Or maybe I'm just mad the last phase ended early again

Merlin

Vanilla Townie
Unvote:

I will be away for a bit and do not want things to end without more chit chat.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 6 Vote Count:

Harry Dresden - 3 (Cactus Jack #1786, Cody Rhodes #1812, Sirius Black #1875)
Mankind - 2 (Jade Cargill #1842, Seth Rollins #1866)

Not Voting: Harry Potter, Mankind #1773, Harry Dresden #1776, Merlin #1895

Top Bottom