Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 22: <Insert Title Here>

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Dreyski is a maybe
MTR is a no
And here you go, defending claws again 🤷 idk why you think it's sus that I think you're sus for things like that, when you are very obviously trying to keep claws alive. Unless you're masons with him, I have no reason to believe either of you is town.
Actually I'm not gonna give a hard no, I retract that statement

Satsu

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I am not a mason and not with claws but will surely defend him from wolf wind like you

Dreyski

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
FWIW (out tonight) I’m reading Claws as town. Mitch is sliding out of my favour, and I think CWE is being deliberately unhelpful.

MitchRapp

Scum Hunter
Shameful. You looked around the room looking for the safest targets, put them out there, waited for someone else to vote one of then and then followed.

Maybe I'm stupid but I honestly have no idea what this says or why I should be listening to you giving meta on yourself lol

I'd consider moving to Mitch but im not as sure as I was yesterday about him being scum

Kinda think Claws' scum equity is rising, though
I promise y'all I am not scum. I know we have not played much together but this is what I do as town. Rattle some cages, people get upset and then lynch me a few days in.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
I promise y'all I am not scum. I know we have not played much together but this is what I do as town. Rattle some cages, people get upset and then lynch me a few days in.
Yeah and it's also what scum does when trying to look towny.

But whatever, I think Satsu is scummier and I would've been willing to thunderdome him to prove my point, since I have nothing to lose. Just that it seems kinda shitty to dome a PR claim this early when they can still do something useful as town.

Where's your head at currently?

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
I hope someone has a vig and just shoots me tonight because literally everything I say is being shot down, so I don't see why I should bother.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
I am still weirded out that there was a Claws wagon yesterday and absolutely zero interest today.

Is it typical for matthieu to scumcase whoever his counterwagon is, regardless of whether he genuinely scumreads them? Like how much should I be taking his case on Claws into account, and how good is he at reading Claws in general?

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Literally everywhere I push, the person I push vetoes their own wagon (which is expected) but then Mitch and Satsu have pushed me back, Claws did not but other people suddenly dropped in and said they think he's town. And Satsu's wagon gained traction with really only me having a case to vote him. Which is kinda ehhh and I do have to wonder if he's town and scum took note of his claim and I'm just stupid.

Anyway I'm willing to die today if it helps anyone solve, I feel like I'm being talked over so I will just be less active instead.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
I will not explain the CWE vote. If you're actually reading my posts to solve me, it should be obvious why I moved my vote to him.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
We can also play kingmaker and just sheep someone's vote and if it flips town we lynch the player we sheeped and continue from there. Not sure how well that works in a small game, though.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
On second thought, no, actually I will thunderdome satsu. And if that means all of you choose to kill me because I claimed vanilla, so be it. He's still my strongest scumread.

Vote: Satsu

MitchRapp

Scum Hunter
Yeah and it's also what scum does when trying to look towny.

But whatever, I think Satsu is scummier and I would've been willing to thunderdome him to prove my point, since I have nothing to lose. Just that it seems kinda shitty to dome a PR claim this early when they can still do something useful as town.

Where's your head at currently?
Scum tries to rattle cages and get killed 3 days in?

My head is where my vote is.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Scum tries to rattle cages and get killed 3 days in?

My head is where my vote is.
I think I'm the only one who'd actually be willing to kill you, but still not before Satsu.

Im ngl I think basically everyone in this game is playing scummy so I'm not solving off who I think is scummy (basically everyone except for Val, and maybe LDG, ironically). I'm just tiering my reads from most to least scummy and it's getting me nowhere.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Or maybe I should just shut up like I said I would, and see what happens. I'm coming around to the idea that Drey could be scum letting town do the work for them, but posting just enough to have a thread presence. I was thinking they were towny yesterday, towny earlier today with paranoia about their vote post, but now I'm just kinda thinking IF I'm barking up the wrong tree wrt Satsu, Drey is probably the first one I'd look at for having what looks like filler text to justify their vote. I still don't particularly think MTR is scum, but I am still open to considering his slot if there's a case on him.

But Satsu saying that Drey, MTR and I are all scummy for voting him is still not sitting well with me. One omgus I can understand. Three is a crowd.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
OK, since you two (Claws and Mitch) are voting Drey, do you want to explain your case on them?

Claws

All-Knowing
Lazy has thread presence unhelpful i mean its like cwe with out the tude

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
BTW does anyone other than me have a read on Satsu? Neither Drey nor MTR do, despite being on the wagon I started, and nobody has said they townread him, either. I'm curious to know.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
BTW does anyone other than me have a read on Satsu? Neither Drey nor MTR do, despite being on the wagon I started, and nobody has said they townread him, either. I'm curious to know.
Asking cause I'm starting to think he just automatically reads any votes on him as coming from scum, but while I still think his omgus on me looks bad, it's not really bad to suspect Drey or MTR since their votes had no substance, from Satsu's POV if he's town.

I hate that I'm waffling so much on reads, like I can't tell if I'm on scum and about to veer off and follow their agenda, or if I'm on town and making the right choice to move off.

Cause I've decided it's actually sus that, while Mitch and Satsu think I'm scum, Drey has been the only one so far (iirc) who said they thought I was town in the post when they voted Satsu. Which doesn't sound like much, but if I'm wrong on Satsu then it sets me up pretty well as a mislunch, and Drey can also claim "I knew wind seemed towny" when I flip if they're whiteknighting me against townies who happen to be scumreading me.

Vote: Dreyski

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
If we don't hammer anytime soon I'll probably just check out for the rest of the day. I have a concert I'm performing at tomorrow so I'm not gonna be available (rehearsal/concert stuff all of Saturday).

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
I find this game frustrating but mostly because I can't get a read on anyone that I'm satisfied with. I'll be quiet during the next game day and hope that someone else does the talking so I don't have to.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Don't waste time tracking/motion detecting me because I'm not gonna go anywhere anyway, I'm vanilla. And if I were lying scum, I also wouldn't go anywhere because I'd have to keep up appearances. So it's pretty much a guarantee I'd be trapped in my own lie.

MitchRapp

Scum Hunter
Drey leads my list. If it doesn't go well I am okay for Satsu. I originally leaned clear on Satsu but the longer this has drawn out the less I think hes good. If everyone would prefer Satsu then I will acquiesce to the group and go with it.

Satsu

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Unvote:

Seems like a 3rd best pick but its him or me i guess.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Wind and cwe is my guess
So you're scum? 😄

You played with me in Mitch Rapp's game where we were both town. I'm not convinced your play here resembles your play there, but I'm pretty sure that my play here is along the same lines of how I played there. The fact that you in particular don't see it here, when we were both very actively engaging with each other in that game, makes me think you're purposely trying not to give me any town points.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Fuck it, I'm not voting where Claws and Satsu are. I'm just gonna vote them because i really do think they're partners.

Vote: Satsu

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
WHAT ARE TEH TWO BETTER PICKS?
I am obviously one of them, because Satsu has said since I voted him that I must be a wolf, without giving any sort of a coherent reason. His case on me is that I planned to vote him out for fear that he would catch onto me, when I don't know the last time I played with him, I have no clue how he plays as town or scum, and he literally just OMGUS'ed me and implied I was preemptively OMGUSing him when I hadn't even voted him before that point.

Claws

All-Knowing
So you're scum? 😄

You played with me in Mitch Rapp's game where we were both town. I'm not convinced your play here resembles your play there, but I'm pretty sure that my play here is along the same lines of how I played there. The fact that you in particular don't see it here, when we were both very actively engaging with each other in that game, makes me think you're purposely trying not to give me any town points.
No i was saying those based on what he said in his iso

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
I will gladly let myself flip if you guys refuse to vote our Satsu at this point, and then after I flip you had better vote Satsu.
And if we vote Satsu out today, and against my reads, he flips town, you are still welcome to flip me tomorrow.

Claws

All-Knowing
Dragon Ball Super GIF by Toei Animation

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Will we ever get a yeet find out next week on dragon ball Z
Eh, one time I played a game where the day phase was 12 irl days long
At some point a couple months in, I actually forgot to post for 24 hours

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
I'm just indecisive and I think it's not gonna matter much where I vote, as long as we get a hammer
I would prefer to hammer scum, but either of the top wagons give info about their voters
I've flipflopped enough that I just look stupid, so honestly I'll just call it a night and leave the thread
If I come back before the day ever ends, I'd kinda like to see defenses from Satsu and Drey, as well as for Drey to actually make reads and name someone they think is scummy, because the only read they've made is that I seem towny, which is sus. Like I thought I had some sort of wake-up call a few hours ago because I thought, hell, what if Satsu is town and right about Drey? But I still don't trust Satsu and the way he's been after me all day after I cased him is so single-track that it's just plain bad. And sure, you can argue he was also advocating for people to vote Drey and MTR, but they're the other 2 voters who have been on him. It's all OMGUS, even if I agree at this point that those two voting Satsu when they don't even scumread him is also very questionable.

As I said, I think everyone is scummy.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Would also be down to kill CWE for lurking but I feel like that's more of a crapshoot

Claws

All-Knowing
I'm just indecisive and I think it's not gonna matter much where I vote, as long as we get a hammer
I would prefer to hammer scum, but either of the top wagons give info about their voters
I've flipflopped enough that I just look stupid, so honestly I'll just call it a night and leave the thread
If I come back before the day ever ends, I'd kinda like to see defenses from Satsu and Drey, as well as for Drey to actually make reads and name someone they think is scummy, because the only read they've made is that I seem towny, which is sus. Like I thought I had some sort of wake-up call a few hours ago because I thought, hell, what if Satsu is town and right about Drey? But I still don't trust Satsu and the way he's been after me all day after I cased him is so single-track that it's just plain bad. And sure, you can argue he was also advocating for people to vote Drey and MTR, but they're the other 2 voters who have been on him. It's all OMGUS, even if I agree at this point that those two voting Satsu when they don't even scumread him is also very questionable.

As I said, I think everyone is scummy.
If im not scummy then im likely scum being scummy is my town thing

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Living Players:

Claws
CWE
Dreyski
LemonDemonGirl
MitchRapp
MTR
Satsu
Val
WindwardAway

--
Copied from OP

Claws - I have some suspicion on claws but less than on satsu. And I would factor in Matt's read there but nobody answered me on how good he is at reading claws. Would vote, but seems unlikely for today. A few others have expressed scumreads on him, only satsu has expressed a read that wasn't scum, and it wasn't a townread, it was just "I will defend him from you because you're a wolf" which I'm not, so that is not a valid read.

CWE - has reads, refuses to give reads, would say that's towny for some players and not others. Would vote and give it a 50/50 chance of flipping scum tbh

Drey - they're maintaining a thread presence and making game-related posts without actually accomplishing much at all. Voted satsu after I did, saying that they wouldn't vote themselves and thought I was decent enough. Made no effort to come up with any scumreads of their own or give unique input. If they're scum, they're the type of player who keeps afloat by putting in just enough effort to not be accused of lurking scum, but also not so much as to agenda push in this state, which would directly imply that the gamestate is favorable for them and satsu is town (or at least, not scum). Felt kind of like they were whiteknighting me but I'm not sure because they didn't give any reasoning on why I'm towny other than that I'm posting.

LDG - more or less self-resolving, supposedly. Complained that everyone always scumreads her, when nobody was in fact scumreading her. Null to slightly towny because it just seems like an unnecessary post to make as scum when under no pressure, since it implies she didn't read anything at all in the thread, and if she were scum worried about getting flipped, she probably would've read at least the vote count??

MitchRapp - In light of the Satsu/Drey suspicions I have, I'm cooling off on Mitch. He might just have the sort of play style I naturally scumread regardless of alignment. I do feel like his posts have improved since earlier. I still don't townread him, but I don't really want to vote him for today because I think maybe he is actually doing some solving.

MTR - idk, I put a light townlean on him earlier for... existing and posting? But I don't find his posts particularly memorable, other than the one where he said he voted Claws on D1 because Future isn't in the game and he and Claws sometimes vote each other. It didn't really mean much, but because that was the most memorable thing about MTR aside from voting Satsu and saying he was doing it temporarily because he didn't have scumreads yet, it's also a bit worrying, particularly if Satsu is town.

Satsu - you've heard it from me a million times now, I think he's scummy, I think the fact that his case is predicted on "you are pushing me because you thought I would eventually push you" when I have no clue how he plays is absolute bullshit, and his only scumreads seemingly being on his 3 voters is also bullshit. But sadly, I don't even think Drey and MTR are out of potential scum range, so it does feel unfair to judge Satsu on that. I don't believe that he believes his read on me, though, and if he's town I would probably take him up on the Drey yeet suggestion.

Val - i think he's town. Unfortunately for him, he wasn't around when Matthieu kind of imploded under the thread pressure for... reasons. But I think, of the few posts he made today, Val seems the towniest of anyone so far, at least to me.

Ok I'm off to sleep now.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Living Players:

Claws
CWE
Dreyski
LemonDemonGirl
MitchRapp
MTR
Satsu
Val
WindwardAway

--
Copied from OP

Claws - I have some suspicion on claws but less than on satsu. And I would factor in Matt's read there but nobody answered me on how good he is at reading claws. Would vote, but seems unlikely for today. A few others have expressed scumreads on him, only satsu has expressed a read that wasn't scum, and it wasn't a townread, it was just "I will defend him from you because you're a wolf" which I'm not, so that is not a valid read.

CWE - has reads, refuses to give reads, would say that's towny for some players and not others. Would vote and give it a 50/50 chance of flipping scum tbh

Drey - they're maintaining a thread presence and making game-related posts without actually accomplishing much at all. Voted satsu after I did, saying that they wouldn't vote themselves and thought I was decent enough. Made no effort to come up with any scumreads of their own or give unique input. If they're scum, they're the type of player who keeps afloat by putting in just enough effort to not be accused of lurking scum, but also not so much as to agenda push in this state, which would directly imply that the gamestate is favorable for them and satsu is town (or at least, not scum). Felt kind of like they were whiteknighting me but I'm not sure because they didn't give any reasoning on why I'm towny other than that I'm posting.

LDG - more or less self-resolving, supposedly. Complained that everyone always scumreads her, when nobody was in fact scumreading her. Null to slightly towny because it just seems like an unnecessary post to make as scum when under no pressure, since it implies she didn't read anything at all in the thread, and if she were scum worried about getting flipped, she probably would've read at least the vote count??

MitchRapp - In light of the Satsu/Drey suspicions I have, I'm cooling off on Mitch. He might just have the sort of play style I naturally scumread regardless of alignment. I do feel like his posts have improved since earlier. I still don't townread him, but I don't really want to vote him for today because I think maybe he is actually doing some solving.

MTR - idk, I put a light townlean on him earlier for... existing and posting? But I don't find his posts particularly memorable, other than the one where he said he voted Claws on D1 because Future isn't in the game and he and Claws sometimes vote each other. It didn't really mean much, but because that was the most memorable thing about MTR aside from voting Satsu and saying he was doing it temporarily because he didn't have scumreads yet, it's also a bit worrying, particularly if Satsu is town.

Satsu - you've heard it from me a million times now, I think he's scummy, I think the fact that his case is predicted on "you are pushing me because you thought I would eventually push you" when I have no clue how he plays is absolute bullshit, and his only scumreads seemingly being on his 3 voters is also bullshit. But sadly, I don't even think Drey and MTR are out of potential scum range, so it does feel unfair to judge Satsu on that. I don't believe that he believes his read on me, though, and if he's town I would probably take him up on the Drey yeet suggestion.

Val - i think he's town. Unfortunately for him, he wasn't around when Matthieu kind of imploded under the thread pressure for... reasons. But I think, of the few posts he made today, Val seems the towniest of anyone so far, at least to me.

Ok I'm off to sleep now.
Oh wait I forgot MTR also said he thinks claws is town?
Maybe I got it completely opposite lol, I think 3 people said claws is town or at least not scum, and nobody said he's scummy today except for me, and that was based off wagonomics

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
If im not scummy then im likely scum being scummy is my town thing
This is what made me suddenly reread what I wrote, because I remembered that people did not think you were scummy today except for me lol
And realized I wrote that incorrectly in my readlist

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
I am not a mason and not with claws but will surely defend him from wolf wind like you

I am like the world's worst when it comes to reading claws. That being said I am leaning town right now.

FWIW (out tonight) I’m reading Claws as town. Mitch is sliding out of my favour, and I think CWE is being deliberately unhelpful.
Satsus response is the worst here by far
"I don't guarantee claws is town but you're a wolf so I will defend him" like wtf man
There is absolutely no way town would be that confbiased after I voted them at the start of day with the justification being that they soft-defended the counterwagon that didn't flip.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Repeating myself a million times only to get told that I must be scum for pushing someone
Get real

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Does anyone else want to go down this road?
The frustrating thing is that I personally need to see Satsu's or Dreyski's flip in order to sort my reads because either of those flips will influence my read on the other wagon, and probably my reads on Claws and MTR as well.

If the consensus tells me they'd rather vote Drey, I will move there to ensure a hammer because even if I prefer the Satsu wagon, I can still draw conclusions depending on Drey's flip. But I'm ngl, I kind of just want the day to end soonish because I'm tired of talking myself in circles and I don't feel like a longer day is really going to help anyone, after a point.

Foxxi

Administrator
Vote Count:
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
4 - Satsu: Drey(251), MTR(253), Wind(333), LDG(357),
3 - Drey: Claws(241), Mitch(244), Satsu(327),
1 - Mitch: Val(282),

Not currently voting: CWE,
Current as of post 357

Foxxi

Administrator
Day Two Final Vote Count:

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
5 - Satsu: Drey(251), MTR(253), Wind(333), LDG(357), Claws(360)
2 - Drey: Mitch(244), Satsu(327),
1 - Mitch: Val(282),

Not currently voting: CWE

Satsu has been yeeted. He was a Town Neighbor.

Night 2 Deadline: 9/1 @ 8am EST

Foxxi

Administrator
Windwardaway has been killed, she was apple town.

It is now Day 3. With 7 alive majority is 4
Living players:

1. Claws
  2. CWE
  3. Dreyski
  4. LemonDemonGirl
  5. MitchRapp
  6. MTR
  7. Val

Dreyski

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I'm guessing Mitch was Satsu's neighbour (private chat, but unknown alignment?)

Top sus - CWE, MTR. Possibly LDG. Last thing we need is for scum to rush a yeet through.

Claws

All-Knowing
Actually know whos satsu nieghbor is would be decent info nieghbors can be scum or town

Dreyski

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Is Val acting particularly scummy? Aside from that one long post he did, I've found most of his behaviour to be NAI, but I'm prepared to have my mind changed by someone who's known him longer.

Claws

All-Knowing
Is Val acting particularly scummy? Aside from that one long post he did, I've found most of his behaviour to be NAI, but I'm prepared to have my mind changed by someone who's known him longer.
Well hes not doin anythibg either hes always nai he barely does anything anymore

Claws

All-Knowing
Honestly if town dont smarten up im juat gunna throw in the towel and take a lose its like im playin alone

MTR

Godfather
Pronouns
he/him
CWE is my main sus person at this point. Just doesn't seem interested in being helpful

Dreyski

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
It's not like any new information is going to appear at this point.
Vote: MTR

scum, time to jump on and end this.

Claws

All-Knowing
Vote: mtr

Honestly i dont even care anymore town have been pathitic i wish i randed scum

MTR

Godfather
Pronouns
he/him
CWE is just giving me bad vibes all around. So voting him because that and also a bit of self preservation at this point.

Vote: CWE

Val the Moofia Boss

Scum Hunter
I'm inclined to townread MTR given his cool reaction.

Seems opportunistic. Mitch could be inexperienced and perhaps Claws really is town throwing his hands up in the air.

Val the Moofia Boss

Scum Hunter
I am also open to switching to CWE, though he is harder to read and pressuring him would be like trying to draw milk out of a rock.

Val the Moofia Boss

Scum Hunter
I also fear that Lemon might be one of the scum, but without a cop to confirm what she is and given how close to lylo we are, the playerbase is unlikely to risk lynching her and she is going to coast until endgame.

Claws

All-Knowing
I also fear that Lemon might be one of the scum, but without a cop to confirm what she is and given how close to lylo we are, the playerbase is unlikely to risk lynching her and she is going to coast until endgame.
I kinda agree here we should of likely policy yeeted

Dreyski

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Well Mitch and Val were the only ones who didn't vote Satsu, so that's were I'd be looking first. I think I said Mitch becuase they both voted for me, even though it is pretty weak reasoning.

Top Bottom