Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 22: <Insert Title Here>

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Vote: Matthieu

There are a LOT of players I'd be perfectly fine with voting out, some more than others. Town better make themselves more obvious.

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
The last time he did these sort of claiming tactics (against me funnily enough claiming he saw me kill someone) he was scum himself so his defense is not convincing.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her

There are a LOT of players I'd be perfectly fine with voting out, some more than others. Town better make themselves more obvious.
Actually I rethought this and realized it's in Claws' best interest to push Matthieu, regardless of Claws' alignment, but I'm wondering if it's scummy that he's justifying his vote for the reason that matthieu is scummy rather than just admitting straight out that he is voting his counterwagon.

Am I overthinking this? Cause I agree Matt's post was scummy, I'm just not sure that's Claws' real reason for voting there.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Unfortunately a matthieu flip gives us zero info on CWE regardless of alignment, since CWE predetermined before the game that he was gonna D1 vote Matt.

@CWE do you have a take on matt besides revenge voting? Or do you have reads on anyone else, for that matter?

CWE

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Unfortunately a matthieu flip gives us zero info on CWE regardless of alignment, since CWE predetermined before the game that he was gonna D1 vote Matt.

@CWE do you have a take on matt besides revenge voting? Or do you have reads on anyone else, for that matter?
Yes and yes.

Want it now or later?

Matthieu

Vigilante
Yeah, whatever. I'm done. Time for another break from these games, I see.

Unvote: Claws

Matthieu

Vigilante
The post in question wasn't 'scummy' either. I operate in these games using a very specific code of honour. One individuals such as Val seem to understand perfectly well. It also isn't unusual to get irritated by someone stating in a sign up thread that they are going to vote me in the next game for something that happened in a previous game. Especially when it was impossible to get a solid read on that player in the game in question due to the embracing of a gimmick.

Though if we're talking recent games, let's talk about them. We're currently on the 22nd game, right?

I survived until the end game in the 21st, sure...

I didn't play the 20th game.

I died very early in the 19th game.

I also died very early in the 18th game.

Like I said, I promised myself I am not going to get mad over this. Though I will stand my by words. If you want me to sign up to future games, don't take me out early for stupid, non-game related reasons. If you do not want me to actually play, or there is genuine bad blood for whatever reason bubbling beneath the surface just tell me outright.

Foxxi

Administrator
Final Vote Count:

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
6 - Matthieu: CWE(3), Claws(58), Mitch(87), Wind(101), Badger(102), Satsu(106),
4 - Claws: MTR(33), Val(26), Drey(65), matthieu(86),
1 - CWE: LDG(5),

Not Currently Voting:
Current as of Post 106

Matthieu the grape town has been yeeted.
It is now night. Night deadline 8/29 @6am est.

Foxxi

Administrator
Badger has been killed, he was cherry town.

It is now Day 2. With 9 alive majority is 5
Living players:

1. Claws
  2. CWE
  3. Dreyski
  4. LemonDemonGirl
  5. MitchRapp
  6. MTR
  7. Satsu
  8. Val
  9. WindwardAway

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
I know Matt flipped town but I still wholeheartedly disagree that people were just piling on him because CWE was revenge voting. That was absolutely not my reasoning.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Anyway I'd vote Claws (counterwagon) or Satsu (I have a sneaky suspicion) today.

Unsure of Mitch, I think I should give him room to breathe and make other reads if he's town and then reevaluate later in the day.

CWE i got nothing on, would still like to hear his reads/reasonings. I guess it's pointless to ask whether he actually thought matt was scum.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Yeah I mean we had to vote someone but that seemed ridiculous.
Unfortunately it made him an easy target for scum, and even then, i wouldn't be surprised if scum decided to sit back and watch while the entire town voted him. There's very little info to be gained there, unless Claws is scum since he was the counterwagon.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
But what if Claws was cop or a doctor.

I think this post by Satsu was super bad. Yeah sure, better to vote out a town vanilla than a town PR, but that's an IF as in, IF Claws is town. Satsu didn't give a read on Claws or Matt here.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
I think this post by Satsu was super bad. Yeah sure, better to vote out a town vanilla than a town PR, but that's an IF as in, IF Claws is town. Satsu didn't give a read on Claws or Matt here.
Like I don't particularly care who does or doesn't claim a role, out of principle, because scum are just as likely to claim a power role under pressure as are actual town PRs. Vanilla could go either way. But risking losing one town PR if you think Claws is scum but he flips town is really not the worst thing in the world. I would argue the same for matthieu, if we had flipped claws and matthieu didn't claim vanilla. Roles are irrelevant to reads, particularly this early in the game, because there are no mechanical results and anyone can say anything they want to try to stay alive. So why speculate on claws' role if he hasn't volunteered it himself while being a top wagon?

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
The matthieu yeet was so insanely stupid. And I don't mean stupid to vote him. Just stupid that I'm pretty sure we were talking past each other and he was misrepping the cases on him (yes, some voters didn't have a case on him, like Satsu and obviously CWE). But nobody was saying he was scummy for being annoyed at CWE, that was perfectly reasonable. Nobody was saying he was scummy for not wanting to die on D1, either. And only CWE was blatantly voting him for non-game-related reasons (revenge). I get that he was sour but lying about why people were voting him absolutely did not help his case. I'm only glad we got this out of the way on D1 instead of later in the game where we would have less room for failure.

MTR

Godfather
Pronouns
he/him
Unfortunately it made him an easy target for scum, and even then, i wouldn't be surprised if scum decided to sit back and watch while the entire town voted him. There's very little info to be gained there, unless Claws is scum since he was the counterwagon.

I wouldn't be surprised to find a scum on that train but you could be right. They could have easily just sat back and watched it unfold.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Anyway I'll stop griping about it.

I want @Satsu and @Claws to tell me why I should townread them. Satsu gave reasoning that read like scum making excuses to vote on a wagon they knew was town. Claws did say matt was posting like a goon, but also Matt was his counterwagon and he could've just straight up and said he was voting to save himself and nobody would've scrutinized it. I am wondering, as I said earlier, if he overjustified that.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
I wouldn't be surprised to find a scum on that train but you could be right. They could have easily just sat back and watched it unfold.
One, yeah maybe. I just don't think scum would even feel the need to pile on Matt unless exactly Claws is scum. Which remains to be seen.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
One, yeah maybe. I just don't think scum would even feel the need to pile on Matt unless exactly Claws is scum. Which remains to be seen.
Oh and also, the Badger kill makes me think it's even less likely scum was on that wagon, or they wouldn't be killing among the voters there.

Claws

All-Knowing
Anyway I'll stop griping about it.

I want @Satsu and @Claws to tell me why I should townread them. Satsu gave reasoning that read like scum making excuses to vote on a wagon they knew was town. Claws did say matt was posting like a goon, but also Matt was his counterwagon and he could've just straight up and said he was voting to save himself and nobody would've scrutinized it. I am wondering, as I said earlier, if he overjustified that.
do you prefer bananas or watermelons?

Satsu

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Puppy Eating GIF

Dreyski

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him

Aside from myself, feeling okay about CWE (gimmick voting) and LDG (random voting). Windward is currently leading discussion, which is usually town lean (though I have been wrong in the past), and Mitch prodding her D1 felt like a tussle over being the Alpha town. Everyone else is on notice until I see more votes.

Satsu

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
A grape cookie? Got to be some Scotish thing. Out here you could get like choco chip and raisin.
But grape cookie?

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her

Aside from myself, feeling okay about CWE (gimmick voting) and LDG (random voting). Windward is currently leading discussion, which is usually town lean (though I have been wrong in the past), and Mitch prodding her D1 felt like a tussle over being the Alpha town. Everyone else is on notice until I see more votes.
I mightve been a little more dormant than usual in the past year of my forum mafia games, but before that my meta was to basically always try to steer the discussion regardless of my alignment. I've gone back to playing a bit more aggro lately so that's more or less all you're seeing. Post count isn't a tell for me, thread leading isn't a tell for me, and really only my content-to-volume ratio is probably a tell. But I've also been trying to change that lately lol.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Also I'm not Scottish but I did pick a fruit flavored cookie that I happened upon unintentionally

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
(I would've thought Scotsmen were less likely to pick a fruit than some weird combo of sweet and savory things, though)

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Oh I'm stupid, claws wouldnt have needed to justify his vote on Matt as self-pres because he actually voted after CWE.

Not like that's clearing, just that my earlier reasoning that he was making excuses to stay on Matt kind of falls apart.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Did anyone vote Matt and move off of him?
(I probably did that, but I mean, did anyone else? Asking for a friend)

Claws

All-Knowing
well if me and matt were both town i suppose it wouldnt of mattered who was on which train even possibly to just not be on the trains at all

Claws

All-Knowing
voting sleep and or not voting at all i kinda leave ldg outta this still low hanging fruit

Val the Moofia Boss

Scum Hunter
Val, do you think anyone in particular was agenda pushing Matt?

No. With this playerbase, it is near impossible to read into anything on day 1 when there hasn't been any flips or voting history to use as a launching point. In 30+ or 20+ player games with a lot of activity (as in several hundred posts in one game day), you can start picking out connections and behavioral patterns and push a theory or make some sort of play in the game thread which in turn causes other cliques of players to take action, but in these <20 or <10 player games where people don't post that much and nobody attempts something interesting like claiming or insinuating things that are not true just to provoke a reaction (including daring VTs with nothing to lose, or even TPRs, in the end it's just a game you don't actually lose anything so why not try to have some fun?), it just doesn't happen. Barring exceptional circumstances, you just have to accept that D1 is a crapshoot and you're not going to "solve" anything. Someone is going to get got, and sometimes that's you. Best not to waste too much time and energy on it.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Hey dont look at me, I didnt push Matt at all. Only hammered the shit out of him ;p
I never said you pushed matt, that's actually what I thought was sus. You only said "what if claws is [insert town PR here]" and voted matt.

Satsu

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Matt claimed vt. In case it was town/town he would be a lesser loss. You seemed to understand the concept but still think it was sus?

You know that if i was scum, odd wise it would benefit me more to go for claws. Unless you thnk it was a save for my scumbuddy claws ;>

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Matt claimed vt. In case it was town/town he would be a lesser loss. You seemed to understand the concept but still think it was sus?

You know that if i was scum, odd wise it would benefit me more to go for claws. Unless you thnk it was a save for my scumbuddy claws ;>
It's the latter, I think you were trying to save Claws and the only other option was matt, who was easy to pile onto without your vote sticking out too much because he was a wagon.

Satsu

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Its fine if you think it is the latter, thats reasonable. If the vote was for the former it would insta ping me as scum agenda.
However if you think it was a save on claws why not vote claws? He would have to be scum first for me to go for a save. You are adding an extra step that depends on something else.

You smell like a wolf. Get good.

Vote: Windward

Satsu

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Hi LDG your vote on CWE yesterday was a decent one. Toad feels extra slimey this time around.
But if had to vote either Matthieu or Claws like a gun to the lemon whitch one would it be?

its ok i am not judging.

Satsu

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Satsu didn't give a read on Claws or Matt here.
I had no read on either of them worth giving.
If I voted Claws I would tie it 5/5 and give LDG the hammer and i am not doing it lol.
Matthieu lived until the end of last game, he won and avenged Val. Hes geting d1 yeet i tell you.
I told you how it is going to end 12 hourus into the game. I am a co mod that knows the future. it couldnt be helped ;p

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Its fine if you think it is the latter, thats reasonable. If the vote was for the former it would insta ping me as scum agenda.
However if you think it was a save on claws why not vote claws? He would have to be scum first for me to go for a save. You are adding an extra step that depends on something else.

You smell like a wolf. Get good.

Vote: Windward
I'm not voting for Claws because he was a wagon yesterday. It's obvious he's gonna be a wagon again today so I'm taking the initiative to vote you instead to make my opinion clear.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
I had no read on either of them worth giving.
If I voted Claws I would tie it 5/5 and give LDG the hammer and i am not doing it lol.

I told you how it is going to end 12 hourus into the game. I am a co mod that knows the future. it couldnt be helped ;p
Ok actually the point about tying the wagons is fair, I didn't think about that.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
But I stand by what I said, your vote on Matt coupled with the comment about what if Claws is a PR just sounded like scum making a drive-by commentary and popping a vote and leaving.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
I don't particularly care if you kill me, unlike Matt, and I'm also a vanilla so you have no real loss besides one more mislunch. I'm fine with being voted out because I don't want to be the endgame mislunch anyway.

I kind of suspect this is an all-vanilla game but that's only because I now know there were at least two of us. But it could also be the case that we were also the two extra roles that had to be added since this game was originally planned for fewer players.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
I won't be dumb and vote myself, I'll stick where my reads are, but feel free to hammer me if you want cause I don't really feel like anyone wants to listen to whatever I have to say.

MTR

Godfather
Pronouns
he/him
I wouldn't be surprised if this is an all vanilla game but I bet there is a least a couple people that are not vanilla. But I could be wrong.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
I wouldn't be surprised if this is an all vanilla game but I bet there is a least a couple people that are not vanilla. But I could be wrong.
It could be built like a Tracker 9 or Vig 10 setup, something where the town PR(s) are balanced with the number of scum rather than scum PRs. Who knows.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
I am trying to sort out what I know and compare it to what you say in the thread.
You can't possibly have seen me go anywhere. If you're town and saw something, then there might be some form of framer in play because Foxxi is a bastard mod so I wouldn't put it past her. But I'm OK with flipping to prove that I'm what I claimed.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Also I have doubts a framer would be in this small of a game if we have at least 2 vanillas

Claws

All-Knowing
Im at canadas wonderland today with the kids its an amusement park so ill check in when i can

MitchRapp

Scum Hunter
I intentionally asked it twice.

I read his first answer and asked again in case she wanted to give a better answer.

Claws

All-Knowing
Sounds like a stupid stunt to me anyways question for you why am i sus or is my train more a he was trained yesterday and it couldnt be tvt yesterday because im peabrained

MitchRapp

Scum Hunter
You can't possibly have seen me go anywhere. If you're town and saw something, then there might be some form of framer in play because Foxxi is a bastard mod so I wouldn't put it past her. But I'm OK with flipping to prove that I'm what I claimed.
Also for the record, I never said I saw you go somewhere. I just am trying to balance what I know vs what I have been told. If you are saying that you did not go somewhere then I need to process that vs what I know.

MitchRapp

Scum Hunter
Sounds like a stupid stunt to me anyways question for you why am i sus or is my train more a he was trained yesterday and it couldnt be tvt yesterday because im peabrained
It could be town vs town. Knowing that gives us pieces to the puzzle. If it was Town vs scum that also gives us answers.

Top Bottom