Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 23 - The Town of Rings

Day 1 Start New

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Welcome to the game thread! Remember, there is a post minimum of 10 posts per day phase.

Initial Game Information:

1. This game will have modified writeups. Each night, three actions will be randomly chosen to be shown in the writeup, but without a target. Colors shown will be based on results of night actions. There may be flavor outside of these actions, but they should not be taken as bonafide game information.
  2. Role-claiming is allowed, but NOT character/flavor claiming. A list of all roles in the game will be made available to everyone. There is nothing hidden this game as all players will see all possible abilities. While claims are allowed, please do not abuse this as it can take away from the game as a whole.
  3. There is a strict post minimum of 10 posts per day phase (48 hours). One warning will be given to the entire game. Any subsequent failures will be met with modkill at end of the night. Posts must be relevant to the game and not just shitposting to hit post count. As always, ultimate decision to modkill or not comes down to the moderator. If day ends early, considerations will be given.

As this game includes roles and rules that are different, I have made a few channels inside the game discord that will show all potential roles in the game. This does not mean every role is in the game, but they will be randomly decided based on the below formulas. The below are just examples of the type of game it can be.

Game Setup Specifics:

Any/All - 13 Player Setup

1+ Coven/Apocalypse
12 Any/All

Rules:
-Unique Roles cannot be repeated.
-No more than 4 Coven roles and no more than 4 Apocalypse roles.
Game Mechanics

1. Day phases will be 48 hours and Night phases are 24 hours. End time will typically be around 8:00pm ET, but may change. Day may be shortened to 24 hours, with notice. Majority will be required for elimination and if it is not reached before the end of day no elimination will occur.
  2. All players will be able to keep a Last Will. This cannot exceed 100 words (I will be forgiving with formatting not counting towards words and flavor text is fine. Keep game info to under 100 words.) and will be released to all players upon your death. This can contain information about your targets, role, things that happened, results, etc. Or it can be used to provide disinformation depending on how roles can obscure and manipulate flips, faking results, etc. Or you can just use it to shitpost/taunt on your death. You can submit one Last Will each phase which will lock it in as the newest one. If a Last Will is not submitted, none will be flipped or the most recent version submitted will be used. As a reminder, Last Wills can be obscured/edited by different roles.
  3. Certain roles and kills will be able to leave a Death Note. This cannot exceed 50 words (and can be a gif/picture) explaining why this player was killed or you can use it to troll. Any role with a kill, outside of Town Killing roles, can leave a Death Note. Coven roles can leave a Death Note only if they have the Necronomicon.
  4. Being jailed will not remove a player from their chats, but they will be unable to speak in the chat for the duration of the night.
  5. All nights, except Night 1 and Night 3, will be Full Moon nights.
  6. The game will follow typical Mafia feedback. Only roles that need a notification of their action failing will be told (expecting results/role needs to know feedback, etc). If there is specific feedback you get, it will be listed on your card.
  7. There is the potential for framed results during this game based on the roles within the game. Specifics are detailed on these role cards.

Common Terms:

Basic Attack - Standard attack that cannot pierce any protection
Powerful Attack - Attack that pierces basic defense
Unstoppable Attack - Attack that pierces basic and powerful defense.
Rampaging Attack - An attack that will also attack all visitors.
Basic Defense - Protects against basic attacks.
Powerful Defense - Protects against powerful and basic attacks
Invincible Defense - Protects against unstoppable, powerful, and basic attacks.
Astral Visit/Attack - Does not count as a visit and cannot be seen by most abilities.

Immunities:

Roleblock - These roles cannot be roleblocked by Tavern Keeper or Poisoner: Tavern Keeper, Poisoner, Retributionist, Necromancer, Witch, Socialite, War, Pestilence, Serial Killer, and Coven Leader. Jailor and Pirate blocks are considered super blocks and will bypass this immunity.

Control - These roles cannot be controlled - Retributionist, Veteran, Doomsayer, Necromancer, Ritualist, and Witch.

Detection Immunity - These roles appear not suspicious to Sheriff - Neutral Killing, Apocalypse, Necronomicon Wielder, and players affected by Illusionist

Rejection Immunity - Socialites and the Witch are immune to rejection from Socialite parties as are any Astral visits.

Rules:

1. No discussing this game with any players outside of the game thread, unless you have a specialized Discord thread to do so.
  2. Please no angleshooting or OGI (out of game information), such as a player’s potential lurking or activity, or seeing they are active in another thread/discord but not Mafia. Focus on the game and what is happening in the game. You may use this to form reads but do not bring things like “omg Claws posted in wrong channel” or “Future is on discord, but not posting in thread” into the game thread.
  3. There will be no night chat allowed in the thread. The general chat in Discord will be enabled to allow non-game chat during each night phase.
  4. The game will follow Natural Action Resolution (NAR) where unmodified actions of the same priority will go before others. For example: Player A kills player B, Player B roleblocks Player C, and Player C roleblocks Player A. Since Player C’s roleblock is modified by Player B, it would go after Player B. This would result in Player B’s roleblock stopping Player C’s roleblock and allowing the kill on Player B to go off by Player A. Conflicting redirections may fail.

Living Players:

1. Apocaclaws
2. Blind Ninja
3. Caito
4. CWE
5. Grumpycat
6. LemonDemonGirl
7. Listo
8. llettuce
9. Matthieu
10. MitchRapp
11. MTR
12. PsychoSoldier
13. Val the Moofia Boss

Dead Players:

Flavor:

An explosion ripped through the Shire, obliterating every Hobbit and creature within a 20 mile radius. As soon as the explosion finished, silence fell and buildings started to appear from the ground, covered in ivy and different colored flowering plants. As the building rose, smaller pops rippled around the area as combatants from all over the realm were being pulled into the battle zone. As everyone assembled, each was encoded with one main focus. One condition they needed to see through to the end. Former alliances, allies, and enemies be damned. For this was the Town of the Rings and everything starts anew here.

Walls rose around the 20 mile radius, locking our combatants into the zone. They looked at one another suspiciously and then started to talk amongst themselves to find out if any of them had the same mindset.

Current Phase:

It is now Day 1. Day 1 will end at 8:00pm ET on Sept 19th or when majority is reached. With 13 players alive, majority is 7 votes on a single player.

Last edited:

Claws

All-Knowing
200.gif

Matthieu

Vigilante
Destruction Warlock as my main character, Shadow Priest/Frost Mage/Marksmanship Hunter/Assassination Rogue as alts.

Val the Moofia Boss

Scum Hunter
I mained a Tauren Paladin (ret for raid/open world/PvP, prot for M+), but this expansion rerolled to an Alliance Pandaren Frost Death Knight. Horde is getting shafted narratively and the current stories are all about Alliance themed stuff, and I didn't find the paladin hero talents as appealing compared to Deathbringer's cool double scythe attack.

Claws

All-Knowing
I mained a Tauren Paladin (ret for raid/open world/PvP, prot for M+), but this expansion rerolled to an Alliance Pandaren Frost Death Knight. Horde is getting shafted narratively and the current stories are all about Alliance themed stuff, and I didn't find the paladin hero talents as appealing compared to Deathbringer's cool double scythe attack.
yaaa val joins the darkside :D

Blind Ninja

Godfather
4. Being jailed will not remove a player from their chats, but they will be unable to speak in the chat for the duration of the night.
5. All nights, except Night 1 and Night 3, will be Full Moon nights.
People already brought #5... what do people think of #4?

Also, 13 players. What kinda comp we looking at?

CWE

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I shall have one for you tomorrow afternoon.

3 days... no drinking during the work week?
I drink on any day that ends in y. That usually includes today and yesterday, but never tomorrow.

However, starting on Aug 21 every year, I go sober for 30 days. To both prove to myself and any asshole that calls me an alcoholic (because of my daily drinking), that I am in fact, not an alcoholic. And to lower my tolerance to get blitzed on my bday.

Blind Ninja

Godfather
I drink on any day that ends in y. That usually includes today and yesterday, but never tomorrow.

However, starting on Aug 21 every year, I go sober for 30 days. To both prove to myself and any asshole that calls me an alcoholic (because of my daily drinking), that I am in fact, not an alcoholic. And to lower my tolerance to get blitzed on my bday.
Fair enough. I appreciate that effort. And it makes the BDay more fun a the same time.

I cut back on my drinking recently. My bartender and drinking buddy is no longer at my local watering hole, so ive been saving money and lowering my tolerance. Sucks to not have someone to do shots with while making fun of drunk assholes.

Blind Ninja

Godfather
Yup... about what i expected.

Val bitches activity.... I say he can prod people... I post at least 1 thing regarding what people think of some things in the OP and game makeup... he comes back and votes me and says speak... then disappears.

How is this activity Val?

Blind Ninja

Godfather
My own activity will be a little spotty for similar reasons to Blind Ninja. I'll be around, though.
I mean, its not hard to get a few posts in before or after work and before/after some wow time. Personally, I should goto bed, so I can game tomorrow morning with my roommate, since we both have the day off.

Blind Ninja

Godfather
Not sus when checked by a sheriff/invest. Depending on which sees sus/not sus. The other see blood/no blood
I can see that as an issue. Guess the good thing for us would be only 2 nights that arent full moon. Bad thing is they are so early in 1/3.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

MTR - 1 (Psycho #6)
Mitch - 1 (Claws #36)
Caito - 1 (CWE #40)
Blind Ninja - 1 (Val #48)
Val - 1 (Blind Ninja #57)

Not Voting: Caito, Grumpycat, LemonDemonGirl, Listo, llettuce, Matthieu, MitchRapp, MTR

It is now Day 1. Day 1 will end at 8:00pm ET on Sept 19th or when majority is reached. With 13 players alive, majority is 7 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by end of day, there will be no elimination.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

MTR - 1 (Psycho #6)
Mitch - 1 (Claws #36)
Caito - 1 (CWE #40)
Val - 1 (Blind Ninja #57)
Psycho - 1 (Mitch (#76)

Not Voting: Caito, Grumpycat, LemonDemonGirl, Listo, llettuce, Matthieu, MTR

It is now Day 1. Day 1 will end at 8:00pm ET on Sept 19th or when majority is reached. With 13 players alive, majority is 7 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by end of day, there will be no elimination.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Let's do an exercise @everyone: who's the person that's posted so far that you trust the most, and who's the person you trust the least?

Matthieu

Vigilante
Let's do an exercise @everyone: who's the person that's posted so far that you trust the most, and who's the person you trust the least?
Oh, Psycho. I trust you the most. Won't you please pocket me? 😊

As for who I trust the least, since you're ruling out those who haven't posted...probably Mitch. No real reason for it but after the last game I can't help but read his posts as scummy. :blah:

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
As for who I trust the least, since you're ruling out those who haven't posted...probably Mitch. No real reason for it but after the last game I can't help but read his posts as scummy. :blah:
I agree Mitch is very hard to get a read on. Do we keep trying or we are voting him out of sight out of mind?

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

Val - 2 (Blind Ninja #57, Psycho #81)
Mitch - 1 (Claws #36)
Caito - 1 (CWE #40)
Psycho - 1 (Mitch (#76)

Not Voting: Caito, Grumpycat, LemonDemonGirl, Listo, llettuce, Matthieu, MTR

Top Bottom