Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 23 - The Town of Rings

Apocaclaws

Scum Hunter
Unfortunately no. I targeted you again since you claimed TP, thinking if it was legit someone might mess with you and could hard confirm you as town. All I got was that you're infected. Feels like a dumb move in retrospect, but my alternative would have been targeting CWE, and doesn't look like that would have yielded much anyway
thats unfortunate

Apocaclaws

Scum Hunter
idk im ok with early day again i just not sure if id rather caito (probably) i did tell cwe id murk him or if i should push mtr

Apocaclaws

Scum Hunter
Since Im being pegged as 3p or scum, ill claim.

Im the lookout

N1: Claws had no visitors
N2: Claws was visited by Psycho
N3: Grumpy was visited by CWE
with cwe saying all kinds of doom stuff with 3 and psychos role not targetable i would of been extra cautious claiming if that was your real role imo

Blind Ninja

Godfather
We do have someone that would D1 cop claim all the time... we would let it ride the vast majority of the time. the times we would D1 lynch him, he would almost always happen to actually be the damn cop.

And Matt would often do random claims with little to no pressure...

Some people like that limelight when its allowed.

Blind Ninja

Godfather
with cwe saying all kinds of doom stuff with 3 and psychos role not targetable i would of been extra cautious claiming if that was your real role imo
You have to take chances at some point.

We have the claimed Mayor (mod comfirmed)
We have a claimed Spy

2 apoc down, who knows if there are more right now.

Apocaclaws

Scum Hunter
anyways i dont know how long we gotta prolong this phase we are basically just smashing ppl til somthing interesting happens

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Ok, finally catching up on everything/rereading phases that I skimmed, but is it likely we're just dealing with a bunch of self-aligned roles? We've seen two Apoc roles flip and now with the three deaths probably dealing with an arsonist

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
oh wait, I misunderstood, Apoc acts as team, not neutral. So we still have mafia team to deal with

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
would be dumb to lynch the spy tho wouldnt it?
There's a part of me that felt like Claws and Matthieu were sort of defending each other, especially Claws when I was debating if he was Plaguebearer. But this comment makes me feel better about Claws because I think he would take any opportunity to mount suspicion against me if he was scum. That and unless he's a baker that decided to give bread to Matthieu, the only way he could be infected is if Matthieu targeted him. Which overall seems like a strategy with diminishing returns.

So I'm still waiting to see how I feel when I fully catch up, but Claws is probably just clean at this point(or at least not Apoc, ironically lol)

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I'm also inclined to believe BN because him targeting me N2 when he didn't trust that my info was legit lines up perfectly.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I keep forgetting we're down so many numbers, but yeah, I guess we kind of are at the point where we could just chop in those three and probably win. Provided BN and Claws aren't the arsonist or we don't chop any townies within those 3, that's almost an auto-win

Though I definitely want to have a more informed choice than just blindly chopping those 3

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Okay so time to vote. If we are going to yeet someone we need to focus on who that should be. I am going to vote to put the top two trains at a tie for now. Totally open to switching things around. But probably good idea to yeet someone and not just depend on NA.

Vote: Matthieu

Need get vote in so here we go

Vote: Val
Leaning that MTR is not Apoc. Maybe Arsonist.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Oh, actually, I guess it doesn't have to be an arsonist, it could just be that two different killing roles happened to act on the same night.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I'm assuming we probably wouldn't have a solo Coven? Like it's possible but less likely maybe? So we're probably either dealing with 2 Apoc/2 Coven, or no Coven at all, right?

Just trying to wrap my head around what threats we should be looking for.

I still think Occam's razor says last nights kills were the result of an arsonist.

MTR

Godfather
Pronouns
he/him
I'm assuming we probably wouldn't have a solo Coven? Like it's possible but less likely maybe? So we're probably either dealing with 2 Apoc/2 Coven, or no Coven at all, right?

I still think Occam's razor says last nights kills were the result of an arsonist.
Arsonist does make sense. I am kind of feel like we don't have a coven.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
His target or since you spyed him every1 you look at would be infected if you are
Oh yeah, I'm dumb, I forgot that I would have infected you if you hadn't already been infected lol

But you being honest about that instead of leaning into the fact you might have been targeted by Matthieu is still a good sign

Apocaclaws

Scum Hunter
Also usually its 1 apoc or 4 im not so sure there is a coven at all id lean biggest threat would be baker/famine and arsonist 3p (assuming arsonist)
We havent seen zerker do any murders been a fairly no kill game so idk if balancing is just 3 apoc and 2 3p or somtjing completely weird like 1 coven, 3 apoc, 1 3p

Blind Ninja

Godfather

I think trickster killed one.
another role killed the other.

3rd death was likely the lover of the admirer.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I think trickster killed one.
another role killed the other.

3rd death was likely the lover of the admirer.
Why would CWE kill llettuce or Grumpy, though? They said people voting llettuce are likely scum and said Grumpy is clear on one of their last posts, so I struggle to believe either of those deaths were his fault

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
No. But seriously what part of "I trust them more than you." do you not get?
If you don't think I'm lying about my role, then I should in the least be trusted the same amount because I can't be anything but town. And arguably should be read as more town than Claws who doesn't have as much mechanical info clearing him

(This isn't me saying Claws should be seen as scum or doesn't deserve to be seen as more town than me, but the logic isn't logicking)

Blind Ninja

Godfather
Why would CWE kill llettuce or Grumpy, though? They said people voting llettuce are likely scum and said Grumpy is clear on one of their last posts, so I struggle to believe either of those deaths were his fault
May seem unlikely, but its possible. Just looking at the trickster role. And I did see grumpy was visited by CWE

Blind Ninja

Godfather
Least to most town:
Listo/Caito
MTR
Claws/Psycho (view you somewhat equally based on thread and mechanicals)
Mitch (locktown)

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
May seem unlikely, but its possible. Just looking at the trickster role. And I did see grumpy was visited by CWE
I don't think the possibility is strong though considering one of his last messages was saying Grumpy is clear. It's more likely he tried to protect Grumpy rather than doing a 180 and deciding to kill him. I think CWE would at least give Grumpy the right of a trial before making that sharp of a change.

Blind Ninja

Godfather
I don't think the possibility is strong though considering one of his last messages was saying Grumpy is clear. It's more likely he tried to protect Grumpy rather than doing a 180 and deciding to kill him. I think CWE would at least give Grumpy the right of a trial before making that sharp of a change.
I can see this. Hadnt gone back and reread his interaction with grumpy. Might need to go refresh myself.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I think I have enough now to vote Caito. What do others think?
I'm about there, too. I can buy that Listo just hasn't been paying a lot of attention and doesn't have deep thoughts about his reads. And looking at his ISO he's pretty actively defended me so it's not like he was trying to keep me as a chop target or anything.

It's not like a a hard townread, but with all the pieces it feels like less of a good vote

Blind Ninja

Godfather
What do you guys feel about MTR claiming at this point?

Safe or unsafe? I guess Doomsayer is still a possibility.

Top Bottom