Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 25 - The Town of Warcraft

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Initial Game Information:

1. This game will have modified writeups. Each night, vague action descriptions will be shown without targets, but will be alignment colored. The number of revealed actions each night will vary.
  2. Role-claiming is allowed, but NOT character/flavor claiming. A list of all roles in the game will be made available to everyone. There is nothing hidden in this game as all players will see all possible abilities. While claims are allowed, please do not abuse this as it can take away from the game as a whole.
  3. There is a strict post minimum of 8-10 posts per day phase (48 hours). Any failures to meet the post count may be met with a modkill at the moderator’s discretion. If the day ends early, considerations will be given.

As this game includes roles and rules that are different, I have made a few channels inside the game discord that will show all potential roles in the game. This does not mean every role is in the game, but they will be randomly decided based on the below formulas. The below are just examples of the type of game it can be.

Game Setup Specifics:

Town Traitor

One Town player is marked as a traitor and will use their role, but have the Coven win condition. They will appear as Town for all other intents and purposes (following typical action feedback) and cannot wield the Necronomicon. This player will be able to talk with the Coven team, but only during night phases. If the Coven is defeated but the town traitor lives, the game has 3 days to find the traitor or the Coven wins automatically.

Rules:
-Apocalypse roles, Neutral Killing roles, and the Trickster, Admirer, and Dreamweaver are banned in this format.
-Unique roles may not be repeated.

1x Crusader
1-2x Town Power
1-2x Town Invest
1x Town Killing
1x Town Protect
1x Random Town
0-2x Common Town (Invest, Protect, Support)
1x Coven Power
1x Coven Killing
1-2x Common Coven (Deception/Support)
0-2x Neutrals (Non-Killing Type only)

Game Mechanics

1. Day phases will be 48 hours and Night phases are 24 hours. End time will typically be around 8:00pm ET, but may change. Day may be shortened to 24 hours, with notice. Majority will be required for elimination and if it is not reached before the end of day no elimination will occur.
  2. All players will be able to keep a Last Will. This cannot exceed 100 words (I will be forgiving with formatting not counting towards words and flavor text is fine. Keep game info to under 100 words.) and will be released to all players upon your death. This can contain information about your targets, role, things that happened, results, etc. Or it can be used to provide disinformation depending on how roles can obscure and manipulate flips, faking results, etc. Or you can just use it to shitpost/taunt on your death. You can submit one Last Will each phase which will lock it in as the newest one. If a Last Will is not submitted, none will be flipped or the most recent version submitted will be used. As a reminder, Last Wills can be obscured/edited by different roles.
  3. Certain roles and kills will be able to leave a Death Note. This cannot exceed 50 words (and can be a gif/picture) explaining why this player was killed or you can use it to troll. Any role with a kill, outside of Town Killing roles, can leave a Death Note. Coven roles can leave a Death Note only if they have the Necronomicon.
  4. Being jailed will not remove a player from their chats, but they will be unable to speak in the chat for the duration of the night.
  5. All nights, except Night 1 and Night 3, will be Full Moon nights.
  6. The game will follow typical Mafia feedback. Only roles that need a notification of their action failing will be told (expecting results/role needs to know feedback, etc). If there is specific feedback you get, it will be listed on your card.
  7. There is the potential for framed results during this game based on the roles within the game. Specifics are detailed on these role cards.

Common Terms:

Basic Attack - Standard attack that cannot pierce any protection
Powerful Attack - Attack that pierces basic defense
Unstoppable Attack - Attack that pierces basic and powerful defense.
Rampaging Attack - An attack that will also attack all visitors.
Basic Defense - Protects against basic attacks.
Powerful Defense - Protects against powerful and basic attacks
Invincible Defense - Protects against unstoppable, powerful, and basic attacks.
Astral Visit/Attack - Does not count as a visit and cannot be seen by most abilities.

Immunities:

Roleblock - These roles cannot be roleblocked by Tavern Keeper or Poisoner: Tavern Keeper, Poisoner, Retributionist, Necromancer, Witch, Socialite, War, Pestilence, Serial Killer, and Coven Leader. Jailor and Pirate blocks are considered super blocks and will bypass this immunity.

Control - These roles cannot be controlled - Retributionist, Veteran, Doomsayer, Necromancer, Ritualist, and Witch.

Detection Immunity - These roles appear not suspicious to Sheriff - Neutral Killing, Apocalypse, Necronomicon Wielder, and players affected by Illusionist

Rejection Immunity - Socialites and the Witch are immune to rejection from Socialite parties as are any Astral visits.

Action Priority:

Bucket A:

Witch Control
Pirate Win (Invincible Defense)

Bucket B:

Admirer Care/Guardian Angel
Socialite
Plaguebearer Infect
Poisoner/Tavern Keeper
Trickster Magic Mirror

Bucket C:

Trapper
Necromancer
Retributionist

Bucket D*:

All other roles that are not investigative or killing
Killing Actions (will not stop actions from going off)
Investigative Actions (investigative roles can see what happened in prior buckets)

*Actions happen simultaneously within their groups unless a conflict arises. If a conflict arises, action will be randomized on which goes first. If Doomsayer wins with their guess and action goes off, they will receive Invincible Defense before any kills process.

Rules:

1. No discussing this game with any players outside of the game thread, unless you have a specialized Discord thread to do so.
  2. Please no angleshooting or OGI (out of game information), such as a player’s potential lurking or activity, or seeing they are active in another thread/discord but not Mafia. Focus on the game and what is happening in the game. You may use this to form reads but do not bring things like “omg Claws posted in wrong channel” or “Future is on discord, but not posting in thread” into the game thread.
  3. There will be no night chat allowed in the thread. The general chat in Discord will be enabled to allow non-game chat during each night phase.
  4. The game will follow Natural Action Resolution (NAR) where unmodified actions of the same priority will go before others. For example: Player A kills player B, Player B roleblocks Player C, and Player C roleblocks Player A. Since Player C’s roleblock is modified by Player B, it would go after Player B. This would result in Player B’s roleblock stopping Player C’s roleblock and allowing the kill on Player B to go off by Player A. Conflicting redirections may fail.

Living Players:

1. 3puppies
2. Blind Ninja
3. Claws
4. CWE
5. Dreyski
6. FutureHold
7. GrumpyCat
8. Insaner
9. LemonDemonGirl
10. Listo95
11. Matthieu
12. MitchRapp
13. MTR
14. Val the Moofia Boss

Dead Players:

Flavor:

A roar was heard and the ground started to shake. The rocks split and a chasm opened up in the middle of Hyjal, destroying the World Tree and all of it’s blessings. Azeroth knew something was severely amiss and sent a painful brain message to some of the greatest champions the world has ever known, hoping they would be able to figure out what is happening with this.

As the group set out to meet, near the chasm, they would need to figure out which of them were the ones who actually caused this fissure and wanted to take over the world…of Warcraft.

Current Phase:

It is now Day 1. Day 1 will end at 8:00pm ET on Oct 10th or when majority is reached. With 14 players alive, majority is 8 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by end of day, there will be no elimination.

—------------------

As a reminder, all of you can leave a Last Will (check the rules if unclear) that will appear on your death. This can help leave valuable information, but can also potentially be read by other roles or obscured.

Last edited:

Blind Ninja

Godfather
Hello people.

I will put in enough effort to not get modkilled. Potentially more, if I care enough. Surely more content then several people who signed up.

Now, back to wow... with some potential for D4 tonight

MitchRapp

Vigilante
It's quiet in here.

teenage mutant ninja turtles GIF

MitchRapp

Vigilante
I was just messing around but honestly I expected this since yall are from a wrestling site.

Screenshot 2024-10-08 at 7.29.45 PM.png

Sirius Black

Scum Hunter
Hello people.

I will put in enough effort to not get modkilled. Potentially more, if I care enough. Surely more content then several people who signed up.

Now, back to wow... with some potential for D4 tonight
Path of Exile is a far superior game and every way

Matthieu

Vigilante
If we eliminate those who have posted already:

1. 3puppies
3. Claws
4. CWE
5. Dreyski
6. FutureHold
7. GrumpyCat
8. Insaner
13. MTR

It's the alt account of one of the above.

Since there's actual capitalisation, we can rule out Claws as well. (Sorry, Claws...)

Sirius Black

Scum Hunter
Sirius Black did not sign up for this game so I ask again, who are you?
Yeah it was super weird. An owl flew close to my window and it dropped this letter that said I am a witch and have these super powers and shit and had to go on this forum to learn magic???

I thought I would check it out at least

3puppies

Scum Hunter
Checking in. Still dealing with family grieving, but I should be able to be around, at least during the work days.

3puppies

Scum Hunter
Sirius, why do you have Hagrid's avatar? Not that I should complain, as I have a hard time figuring out how to post a pic

3puppies

Scum Hunter
A black dog - that could be mistaken for a grim - would also work

We need to begin getting info on D1.

Am I reading this right that there's at least one neutral, and at least 3 or even 4 coven, plus a traitor? With limited write-ups?

But even with no apocalypse roles, if there are 5 evil coven, and one neutral, out of only 14 players, that doesn't seem balanced at first glance (at 8-5-1). So I am thinking it is more likely 9-4-1, but I'd appreciate others weighing in.

I don't want to misyeet on D1, but if we sleep and coven gets a kill off, it could be 7-5-1 or 8-4-1, while a misyeet and a kill makes it 6-5-1 or 7-4-1. Either way we don't have too many misyeets to play with.

CWE

Godfather
Pronouns
he/him
A black dog - that could be mistaken for a grim - would also work

We need to begin getting info on D1.

Am I reading this right that there's at least one neutral, and at least 3 or even 4 coven, plus a traitor? With limited write-ups?

But even with no apocalypse roles, if there are 5 evil coven, and one neutral, out of only 14 players, that doesn't seem balanced at first glance (at 8-5-1). So I am thinking it is more likely 9-4-1, but I'd appreciate others weighing in.

I don't want to misyeet on D1, but if we sleep and coven gets a kill off, it could be 7-5-1 or 8-4-1, while a misyeet and a kill makes it 6-5-1 or 7-4-1. Either way we don't have too many misyeets to play with.
Remove the thought of balance when discussing CAA. It doesn't belong in coven all any. Especially traitor mode.

3puppies

Scum Hunter
It is. This might be a reverse double bluff.

They both evil...
Vote: ForgottenHold

Or are YOU evil as well, @3puppies ?

If that is your real name.
:sherlock:

Don't worry about me. I need the distraction from real life. Cleaning out an 87-year old's apartment, dealing with other relatives, has not been a joy.

Caito is not playing this game, which disappoints me as I would vote him D1 in revenge for the last few games we've played.

I do like your thought about both Forgotten and MTR being evil.

I guess it's not fair to flat out ask you if you can be trusted. If you're town, you'll admit it, but if you're not, you'll say to vote you and find out.

I think the odds of at least one of MTR/Future being untrustworthy is fairly high - but of course that would apply to any two players picked at random.

I would join you and jump on ForgottenFutureHold, but I can't recall if he's been away in the woods for a few games. It has been explained to me that it's bad manners to D1 yeet someone who's been away for a bit.

Plus, MTR hasn't missed a game in a while, and I'm jealous that he got to attend two weeks taping of RAW, plus a great NXT show.

Vote: MTR

CWE

Godfather
Pronouns
he/him
Town could be dead already and we dont know it...

Coven could have a TT vigi, a jinx, conjurer, and witch.

Then 1 town dies to vigi, jinx kills another, ck kills a third. And as a cherry on top... conjurer nukes someone tomorrow morning.

Boom. 4 dead town at start of day 2, not even counting a potential SK or some other nasty evil like a shroud.

ToS is really a worst case scenario game some times. Look at last game...WE HAD NO TOWN.

CWE

Godfather
Pronouns
he/him
Apocalypse roles, Neutral Killing roles, and the Trickster, Admirer, and Dreamweaver are banned in this format

Or not. Didn't see NK is out.

Boooooooo

Apoc traitor is funny as hell.

DW being banned @VoidKitten :cheers: trash ass garbage role. Unless you have a VM as well.

CWE

Godfather
Pronouns
he/him
And since role claiming is allowed...

Attention town:

I am a TI. One of the stronger ones at that.

Please please please protect me.

Sirius Black

Scum Hunter

Attention town:

Well I thought you were towny anyway

So looks like we're playing protect the cop now

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Boom. 4 dead town at start of day 2, not even counting a potential SK or some other nasty evil like a shroud.

Rules:
-Apocalypse roles, Neutral Killing roles, and the Trickster, Admirer, and Dreamweaver are banned in this format.
-Unique roles may not be repeated.

1x Crusader
1-2x Town Power
1-2x Town Invest
1x Town Killing
1x Town Protect
1x Random Town
0-2x Common Town (Invest, Protect, Support)
1x Coven Power
1x Coven Killing
1-2x Common Coven (Deception/Support)
0-2x Neutrals (Non-Killing Type only)
There are 3 or 4 coven, dont know how someone got potential 5.
And there cant be SK or nasty evil if i get it right.

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him

Attention town:

Oh no. I am TI too. Maybe not a strong one I dont know. Now because you are the strong one you will be protected and I will die.

Sirius Black

Scum Hunter
I'm trying to read about all the different roles in TOS

Possible strategies.
  • Try do bluff. If you know that the Coven is in danger of losing, use Hex Master as a bluff something along the lines of "Everyone is hexed except this one person" using this threat, use the Town into doing your bidding in exchange for not hexing the last, not hexed player. This creates panic, and diverts attention from the Coven.
Lol. I'm totally using this one at some point

CWE

Godfather
Pronouns
he/him
I'd give covem strategies but fuck them. I ain't coven. Figure it out fuckers.
:cheers: :thebirds:

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

MTR - 2 (FutureHold #28, 3puppies #48)
Future - 1 (CWE #43)
Insaner - 1 (LDG #44)

Not Voting: Blind Ninja, Claws, Dreyski, GrumpyCat, Insaner, Listo, Matthieu, MitchRapp, MTR, Val

It is now Day 1. Day 1 will end at 8:00pm ET on Oct 8th or when majority is reached. With 14 players alive, majority is 8 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by the end of day, there will be no elimination.

3puppies

Scum Hunter
There are 3 or 4 coven, dont know how someone got potential 5.
And there cant be SK or nasty evil if i get it right.

If there are 4 coven plus a traitor, that makes 5 threats to town, plus a neutral. I was a math major way back in the day.

But I'm clearly not very good at making my point in short posts. I was trying to ask those of y'all who've played a heckuva lot more than me, is it more likely that with a traitor in the game, we started with 3 or 4 coven?

And does the traitor have to be recruited to become coven?

And Yes, Sirius, I do recall I got to play Mami, but I think I also got to play Rikishi in an anon game.

CWE

Godfather
Pronouns
he/him
And does the traitor have to be recruited to become coven?
No. Coven has their TT right now. And whatever they can do, they can STILL do. So if TT is a vigi, that's another gun. They just don't die when shooting town.

If TT is mayor, they can reveal and lead town right off a cliff. And if TT is a TI...they can lead town lynching all their own team thus screwing town because no one would see it coming.

CWE

Godfather
Pronouns
he/him
Only real negative tt are BG, pros and dep.

BG because your job is to die while TT needs to live.

Pros because we getting you as soon as you fail to die when hanging town.

Dep...see pros.

MitchRapp

Vigilante
i thought Claws got hisself banned
For the record, he apologized to me via PM. I told him it wasn't a big deal or personal, we had just known who he was. Obviously the language may have offended but he and I are good.

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
No. Coven has their TT right now. And whatever they can do, they can STILL do. So if TT is a vigi, that's another gun. They just don't die when shooting town.
Scum know who traitor is and traitor knows who coven are. They can even talk but only at night. no point in recruitment mechanics.

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
It also means town has to take them out. Coven wont kill them and there are no neutral killers.

ForgottenHold

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Don't worry about me. I need the distraction from real life. Cleaning out an 87-year old's apartment, dealing with other relatives, has not been a joy.

Caito is not playing this game, which disappoints me as I would vote him D1 in revenge for the last few games we've played.

I do like your thought about both Forgotten and MTR being evil.

I guess it's not fair to flat out ask you if you can be trusted. If you're town, you'll admit it, but if you're not, you'll say to vote you and find out.

I think the odds of at least one of MTR/Future being untrustworthy is fairly high - but of course that would apply to any two players picked at random.

I would join you and jump on ForgottenFutureHold, but I can't recall if he's been away in the woods for a few games. It has been explained to me that it's bad manners to D1 yeet someone who's been away for a bit.

Plus, MTR hasn't missed a game in a while, and I'm jealous that he got to attend two weeks taping of RAW, plus a great NXT show.

Vote: MTR
We couldn’t see the ring for NXT

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
i thought Claws got hisself banned
He suffered from a mild case of homo phobia. He underwent a therapy. Nothing serious just a quick ride on Drogon Carrousel. Later said there was nothing to be affriad of. Hes cured.

3puppies

Scum Hunter
We couldn’t see the ring for NXT

So you're saying I should be jealous of you as well as your dad.

I hope you got a good view of the tron. Crowd seemed really hot, especially the "Whoop That Trick! Yeet!" chant, but Tony defeating Oba seemed like a lot of fun.

ForgottenHold

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
So you're saying I should be jealous of you as well as your dad.

I hope you got a good view of the tron. Crowd seemed really hot, especially the "Whoop That Trick! Yeet!" chant, but Tony defeating Oba seemed like a lot of fun.
What tron? It was a shitty venue and we had shit seats. When everyone stood up you couldn’t see shit.

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Do they? Spoiler section says traitor get scum win con but still use their role. And it says is you shoot town you die.

CWE

Godfather
Pronouns
he/him
Do they? Spoiler section says traitor get scum win con but still use their role. And it says is you shoot town you die.
Unless it got changed for this...no. vigi, pros and dep tt are evil. Evils job is to kill town. Loopholes.

MitchRapp

Vigilante
Just trying to prod some interactions. I think Dreysi was mod killed last game and had not posted yet so trying to get some action.

Listo95

Yeah biggest thing I recall from TT is that if we discovered the last coven we want to keep them alive but controlled via things like escort/jailor.

Top Bottom