Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 25 - The Town of Warcraft

Sirius Black

Scum Hunter
Now I am feeling a lot less certain that there was scum theater there. But even in games where I haven't played, there's inevitably someone I think I should rust as town that ends up being a villain.

I have played only a relatively few games, compared to the rest of you all. I will throw shade on everyone until they are cleared.

The only person I feel good about now is CWE.

Sirius, one thing you need to know about me is that I am naturally inquisitive. I don't have a team to help me out so I will put my thoughts /questions here. I usually make really long posts. I am shortening them in order to meet the min post counts. I didn't raise questions about the other town roles because I am trying ask about how many non-town threats we are facing.
Tbh this response gives me the "crooked politician" vibes

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

MTR - 2 (FutureHold #28, 3puppies #48)
Sirius Black - 2 (LDG #44, MitchRapp #74)
Dreyski - 1 (CWE #95)
3puppies - 1 (Sirius Black #160)
Mitch - 1 (Val #171)

Not Voting: Blind Ninja, Claws, Dreyski, Listo, Matthieu, MTR, GrumpyCat #157

It is now Day 1. Day 1 will end at 8:00pm ET on Oct 8th or when majority is reached. With 14 players alive, majority is 8 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by the end of day, there will be no elimination.

Last edited:

3puppies

Scum Hunter
Can you expand on your progression of your MitchRapp read? Why did you think it was scum theatre at first, and why you don't think so anymore?

To be scum theatre, you'd both have to be scum. My first thought was that you are both giving off town vibes to me, and since I am more often terrible at reading people, maybe you are both actually coven. More just thinking out loud. So I am second guessing myself.

Mitch was pressing you fairly hard at first. He seems to have since backed off of you some. But I don't feel comfortable trusting him, especially since he OWNED the neighborhood in Foxxi's game.

MitchRapp

Vigilante
Lets turn up the heat a little and see where everyone stands.

Unvote: Sirius

Vote: MTR

Sirius Black

Scum Hunter
To be scum theatre, you'd both have to be scum. My first thought was that you are both giving off town vibes to me, and since I am more often terrible at reading people, maybe you are both actually coven. More just thinking out loud. So I am second guessing myself.

Mitch was pressing you fairly hard at first. He seems to have since backed off of you some. But I don't feel comfortable trusting him, especially since he OWNED the neighborhood in Foxxi's game.
Thank this makes me even more confused.

It's not entirely convincing but I feel fine with giving you space for now.

Vote: FrozenHold

MitchRapp

Vigilante

I still like Sirius. But no one else seems to want to vote there at the moment. I have moved now to the MTR vote as I want to make people make decisions.

Sirius Black

Scum Hunter
I still like Sirius. But no one else seems to want to vote there at the moment. I have moved now to the MTR vote as I want to make people make decisions.
Why would anyone stand anywhere wrt MTR

He feels entirely null here so far

MTR

Godfather
Pronouns
he/him
Going to be hard for people to make decisions quite yet I think. I mean go ahead and push but you don't want to get rid of me.

MTR

Godfather
Pronouns
he/him
Okay. Starting to feel the affects of the covid booster I got. So I will be as active as I can considering. But ugh. Starting to not feel great.

Dreyski

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Another thing I should mention is that I'm definitely hella biased in reading 3pups as bad since he smoked me pretty good by having pretty good posts as scum in the anon game which was the last game I played here and I guess I am still somewhat butthurt about that. So no reasonable person should sheep me on this and if you do then I'm really sorry for you :D
The thing about 3pups is that historically my reads of him were really random because he typically plays the same way whether town or scummy. IIRC, he was on the winning team for each side in his first two games, and there was no appreciable difference in his post style. More recently I've had him bang to rights early on, but I still haven't worked out his 'tell'.
But I did like the analysis of his post, even if I've cropped that part out.

Dreyski

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I do. :) I saw that guy got a 8 game ban for biting a Blackburn player. :nuts:
Yeah, absolute numpty. Our guy got sent off for retaliating, we've had to play his (weak link) backup and lost the last two games.
I feel bad for the fans who travelled down to Plymouth. 600 mile round trip and lose in the seventh minute of added time :nono:

MitchRapp

Vigilante
Would you like to know the actual reason?
The purpose of these votes is to get some people talking and reacting.

Usually if one person pulls ahead day 1 its either a town memeber and we have some sucm on or its a scum memeber and they scramble and try to start another wagon.

But sure, tell me the actual reason.

Blind Ninja

Godfather
Well... we get claws coming in with impressive shit posting. How many would you say are game related?

Not to be outdone, LDG asking for trolls, and still contributing nothing...

Dont really understand the distrust in 3pups, unless it really is just bias. Similar game/post style no matter the alignment. Keep em talking during the week and you'll have more info to make a judgement, but weekends you're SOL.

Mitch is just proding like usual.

Insaner being himself... not sure what to think of ATM.

Then a load of null reads.

Blind Ninja

Godfather
@MitchRapp You wanted trains, but when you pulled your vote off Sirius/Insaner... you took away a 2-2 and made it a load of 3-1-1-1-1 how does that help people take a stand 1 way or another between 2 people?

Dreyski

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
1. 3puppies - may be worth investigating, but I wouldn't yeet just yet
2. Blind Ninja - nothing overly sus, doing his usual day 1 schtick
3. Claws - not much to say. I've seen shiteposting, is this spiteposting? Could IS a fucking terrible reason though (#153)
4. CWE - ToS savant, doesn't lie and has claimed. Feels clean.
6. FutureHold - nothing of real substance outside of #146
7. GrumpyCat - has also claimed, but then said I was lurking when I was actually working. Bit sus even if he did unvote
8. Insaner/Sirius - Feeling okay with
9. LemonDemonGirl -see Val
10. Listo95 - I'm not going to create a read from four posts
11. Matthieu - so far a bit like 3pups but with fewer words. I like brevity.
12. MitchRapp - I like #164, so I'm willing to let the vote switch explanation go as a tacticul SNAFU
13. MTR - #136 is very ironic
14. Val the Moofia Boss - see LDG

MitchRapp

Vigilante
@MitchRapp You wanted trains, but when you pulled your vote off Sirius/Insaner... you took away a 2-2 and made it a load of 3-1-1-1-1 how does that help people take a stand 1 way or another between 2 people?
No one seemed interested in deciding between the 2 person trains at the moment so my hope was to get it up to 3 then get some more to pile on and see where it goes.

Apocaclaws

Scum Hunter
BN how do you beat brood on Heroic we break the eggs in the right order but these adds are just murking we keep getting infested so bad we just call a wipe

Apocaclaws

Scum Hunter
animation cat GIF by hoppip

Blind Ninja

Godfather
BN how do you beat brood on Heroic we break the eggs in the right order but these adds are just murking we keep getting infested so bad we just call a wipe
Combination of things... Tanks need to make sure they are picking up the spiders... Focus kicks on the worms... CC/Stuns on the little adds and AoE them down.

There really isnt a 100% needed order. Some wiggle room. Find something that works for the team. Healing CDs when he does black blood or W/E the channel on the thing is.

Without knowing your raid comp, cant really help much outside of that.

In other news, we got Nexus-Princess and Silken Court down this week with a couple p1 pulls on Queen. So we should be getting some more looks at her next week and moving forward. We typically dont regress on heroic bosses

Apocaclaws

Scum Hunter
Mmm i think our issue is ppl run with thier bloody head between thier legs when they get parasite fixated its sad ppl just panic how do you guys manage picking up the big spiders our RL wants us to just sit on the worm and taunt them but then we cant taunt during the tank swap its funny

Sirius Black

Scum Hunter
The purpose of these votes is to get some people talking and reacting.

Usually if one person pulls ahead day 1 its either a town memeber and we have some sucm on or its a scum memeber and they scramble and try to start another wagon.

But sure, tell me the actual reason.
Because everyone knows that the type of posting you are calling me scum for is extremely normal for me. Everyone here has played multiple games with me except for you.

Listo95

Mmm i think our issue is ppl run with thier bloody head between thier legs when they get parasite fixated its sad ppl just panic how do you guys manage picking up the big spiders our RL wants us to just sit on the worm and taunt them but then we cant taunt during the tank swap its funny
And we get to do it again tomorrow woo…

Matthieu

Vigilante
That's the same fight my raid team is stuck on. Hopefully we get it down this week. We got the Nexus Princess fight down at least.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

MTR - 2 (FutureHold #28, 3puppies #48)
Sirius Black - 1 (LDG #44
Dreyski - 1 (CWE #95)
Mitch - 1 (Val #171)
MTR - 1 (MitchRapp #205)
FutureHold - 1 (Sirius Black #206)
Claws - 1 (BN #231)

Not Voting: Claws, Dreyski, Listo, Matthieu, MTR, GrumpyCat #157

It is now Day 1. Day 1 will end at 8:00pm ET on Oct 10th or when majority is reached. With 14 players alive, majority is 8 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by the end of day, there will be no elimination.

Last edited:

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
FH is a returning player I dont yeet those d1. Leaves 3pups but I am not going to randomly push there I have no case just gutfeels

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Not to strong Town investigative. Its my guess it is not no strong. Would have to read them all to compare.

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
CWE claimed quite strong Town investigative.

Dont think there are/should be more claims, unless someone is town investigative too. Up to them but if they dont do it by end of d2 i might me hard for me to believe it later.

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I think coroner and spy are weaker in this setup. i can claim if you want. i dont think it makes much of difference here.

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Is sleep a viable option, or too risky?
Worst case scenario 4 coven 2 neutrals and traitor 7 town with 14 players. 50% hit chance at random.
Best case scenario 3 coven 1 traitor 10 town with 14 players. 28% hit chance at random.

Hard to say. i would say still risky but less risky than in an average mafia game?

Day 1 Event New

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Mod Note:

The group had earnest discussions going, when a beam of light shone brightly in their meeting area. Everyone turned away and when the beam dissipated, a person was left there standing, looking around at all of them. “Where was my invite?”

Mazer has joined the game. His role has been randomized between all available roles of all available buckets remaining.

Living Players:

1. 3puppies
2. Blind Ninja
3. Claws
4. CWE
5. Dreyski
6. FutureHold
7. GrumpyCat
8. Insaner
9. LemonDemonGirl
10. Listo95
11. Matthieu
12. Mazer
13. MitchRapp
14. MTR
15. Val the Moofia Boss

—------------------

It is now Day 1. Day 1 will end at 8:00pm ET on Oct 10th or when majority is reached. With 15 players alive, majority is 8 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by the end of day, there will be no elimination.

Top Bottom