Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 25 - The Town of Warcraft

Sirius Black

Scum Hunter
It was the first genuine post I made all game so weird lol

I was trying to pretend I was the traitor hoping coven would think I'm one of them because I didn't read the spoilers

3puppies

Scum Hunter
@MitchRapp, you've been on quite the run being able to read people.

Any thoughts so far?

I'd like to learn what about Insaner's / Sirius Black's post triggered an alarm for you.

Sirius Black

Scum Hunter
MitchRapp feels like he may have come into the game with a bit of a fixation on me. Over half his posts are about me.

Which is kinda weird ngl but I think is probably towny?

MitchRapp

Vigilante
MitchRapp feels like he may have come into the game with a bit of a fixation on me. Over half his posts are about me.

Which is kinda weird ngl but I think is probably towny?
Go back and check out my Day 1 fixations over the last few games and get back to me.
Nailed Matthieu
Nailed Claws

MitchRapp

Vigilante

Any thoughts so far?

I'd like to learn what about Insaner's / Sirius Black's post triggered an alarm for you.
It felt like bad acting. And honestly it was unfortunate timing as I was just thinking about focusing on someone else this am until that popped up.

Sirius Black

Scum Hunter
Go back and check out my Day 1 fixations over the last few games and get back to me.
Nailed Matthieu
Nailed Claws
Not trying to discredit you here. Just pointing out the fact that you started mentioning my name well before I even posted.

MitchRapp

Vigilante
Nailed Matthieu
Nailed Claws
In fairness here I was on Claws Day 1 and that night we were able to ascertain he wasnt town. Of course no one was town so IDK how much water that holds.

MitchRapp

Vigilante
Not trying to discredit you here. Just pointing out the fact that you started mentioning my name well before I even posted.
I mentioned your name right away because I legitimately didn't know who you were on the list of participants. That is one thing I still struggle with here people seem to have 3 different log ins and none of them match their discord name.

MitchRapp

Vigilante
Also I would just like to throw this out there. This is by no means a hard read but CWE is going to have me paranoid he is the traitor all game. I do not think he would be coven based on everything he has shared so far. If he were coven he would have ro reason to talk so openly about all the game mechanics. However now I am going to have him in the back of my mind all game, wondering if I can trust him.

CWE you are by no means a target to me at this time but man the longer you stay alive the more panic I will have. Just getting that out on the front end.

MitchRapp

Vigilante
CWE sounds knowledgeable on this format so I'll trust what he says
Something about this post. Now that I have the bad acting vibe this one also kinda falls in line. Like hes trying to play the "hey I have no clue about this format so I will just follow a clearly town guy."

MTR

Godfather
Pronouns
he/him
Finally checking in. I wasn't in the mood to check in last night after shitty seats that I ended up spending more money on after the venue change for NXT. I have to go back and watch the show to see what I missed which was most of it. *sigh*

Anyway you all know that Future is the traitor right? That is my story I am sticking to it.

Anyway I just skimmed so let me go back and like read for real and respond to stuff.

MitchRapp

Vigilante
I have a meeting coming up here so I am going to throw out this summarized list I have. Feel free to discus, question me or call me stupid:

CWE- NOT COVEN, possible traitor? IDK, but for sure not coven
Listo- Something about Listo says to put in the clear for now pile
Grumpy- Also not on my early list of suspects

Sirus- Coven, bad acting

Claws- Once again not his typical but he could be trying to play a totally different style after the last game. I hope he posts more than counting soon.

MTR

Godfather
Pronouns
he/him
Don't worry about me. I need the distraction from real life. Cleaning out an 87-year old's apartment, dealing with other relatives, has not been a joy.

Caito is not playing this game, which disappoints me as I would vote him D1 in revenge for the last few games we've played.

I do like your thought about both Forgotten and MTR being evil.

I guess it's not fair to flat out ask you if you can be trusted. If you're town, you'll admit it, but if you're not, you'll say to vote you and find out.

I think the odds of at least one of MTR/Future being untrustworthy is fairly high - but of course that would apply to any two players picked at random.

I would join you and jump on ForgottenFutureHold, but I can't recall if he's been away in the woods for a few games. It has been explained to me that it's bad manners to D1 yeet someone who's been away for a bit.

Plus, MTR hasn't missed a game in a while, and I'm jealous that he got to attend two weeks taping of RAW, plus a great NXT show.

Vote: MTR
Our seats sucked for NXT. We are going to have to watch the show to really see what happened. Check out the wrestling channel on the FOS discord for a pic.

CWE

Godfather
Pronouns
he/him
Also I would just like to throw this out there. This is by no means a hard read but CWE is going to have me paranoid he is the traitor all game. I do not think he would be coven based on everything he has shared so far. If he were coven he would have ro reason to talk so openly about all the game mechanics. However now I am going to have him in the back of my mind all game, wondering if I can trust him.

CWE you are by no means a target to me at this time but man the longer you stay alive the more panic I will have. Just getting that out on the front end.
:popcorn: :naughty:

Matthieu

Vigilante
So if I'm reading the setup correctly, there can be up to four town investigation roles, right?

Up to two 'strong' investigation roles and two 'common' roles?

Since CWE and Grumpy have both claimed to be investigation roles, I'd like them to tell us exactly what the name of their roles are.

CWE

Godfather
Pronouns
he/him
So if I'm reading the setup correctly, there can be up to four town investigation roles, right?

Since CWE and Grumpy have both claimed to be investigation roles, I'd like them to tell us exactly what the name of their roles are.
Psychic.

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him

Isnt it 5? 2 investigative 1 random and 2 common? dont hink they are unique either.

MTR

Godfather
Pronouns
he/him
Oscar The Grouch Idk GIF by Sesame Street

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Invest immune and dont have to fake claim. But dont have scum faction kill.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

MTR - 2 (FutureHold #28, 3puppies #48)
Sirius Black - 2 (LDG #44, MitchRapp #74)
Dreyski - 2 (CWE #95, GrumpyCat #96

Not Voting: Blind Ninja, Claws, Dreyski, Insaner, Listo, Matthieu, MTR, Val

It is now Day 1. Day 1 will end at 8:00pm ET on Oct 8th or when majority is reached. With 14 players alive, majority is 8 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by the end of day, there will be no elimination.

Dreyski

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Uk based, work 9-5, sleep 1-7 GMT. Any mafia/werewolf/ToS has to fit to those hours. Starting the game early afternoon my time is a naughty trick.

MitchRapp

Vigilante
Here is my concern:

It is 10 on 4 if everyone who is neutral townsides. We have a few who tend to get modkilled for non participation. If those players are town, the numbers can flip on us in a hurry. We have to encourage conversation from all of them. We have 8 under the number at the moment. ( I also assume Claws posts won't count towards total) We still have a lot of time but there is nothing wrong with tagging and encouraging participation from them.

Participation is also where players make mistakes. We need people to give logic, make posts and take a stance.

MitchRapp

Vigilante
What games - if any - do you play?
I do not play many games anymore. There are a few baseball simulation games I like but that is more like playing Strat-O-Matic online than it is a video game. In college we would play Bond and WWF games when we got back form a night of drinking. My roommates were into Halo but I was terrible at it. The Sims was new when I was in school. We also played Civilization. I think it was IV but not positive.

My son has an XBox in the living room. I am not sure what version of it. The NES is hooked up in the man cave and occasionally I will play a game of Techmo.

Sirius Black

Scum Hunter
3pups just looks like a wolf who is trying to look busy to me

If there are 4 coven plus a traitor, that makes 5 threats to town, plus a neutral. I was a math major way back in the day.

But I'm clearly not very good at making my point in short posts. I was trying to ask those of y'all who've played a heckuva lot more than me, is it more likely that with a traitor in the game, we started with 3 or 4 coven?

And does the traitor have to be recruited to become coven?

And Yes, Sirius, I do recall I got to play Mami, but I think I also got to play Rikishi in an anon game.
This post was the one that gave me that impression. Because setup speculation of this sort is the absolute easiest thing to talk about as mafia. I think this post shows that 3pups head is clearly in the game but it doesn't seem to be producing any thoughts that are actually applicable to solving the game. If I were to project my suspicion to it's furthest extent then I would say that this post contains the information that the wolves already know and showcasing an actual process of "trying to figure out" the scum numbers is meant to disguise the fact that 3pups is already privy to that information. Because if 3pups was town then maybe he would also mention something about the multitude of town roles that could be in this setup but here the post is specifically tailored to discuss the scum possibilities which I don't think is the only thing a town would be curious about.

Any thoughts so far?

Reads like scum theatre to me
This also pinged me. For context of this read I need to mention that I know I'm town (duh) and I'm fairly confident that Mitch is town too. Here 3pups was shading one town (in my view) for wrongfully accusing another town (me). Which is like a very very common wolf pattern.

Another thing I should mention is that I'm definitely hella biased in reading 3pups as bad since he smoked me pretty good by having pretty good posts as scum in the anon game which was the last game I played here and I guess I am still somewhat butthurt about that. So no reasonable person should sheep me on this and if you do then I'm really sorry for you :D

MTR

Godfather
Pronouns
he/him
I have never played WoW before so I am going to be so lost with the names that show up in the write up.

MitchRapp

Vigilante
3pups just looks like a wolf who is trying to look busy to me

This post was the one that gave me that impression. Because setup speculation of this sort is the absolute easiest thing to talk about as mafia. I think this post shows that 3pups head is clearly in the game but it doesn't seem to be producing any thoughts that are actually applicable to solving the game. If I were to project my suspicion to it's furthest extent then I would say that this post contains the information that the wolves already know and showcasing an actual process of "trying to figure out" the scum numbers is meant to disguise the fact that 3pups is already privy to that information. Because if 3pups was town then maybe he would also mention something about the multitude of town roles that could be in this setup but here the post is specifically tailored to discuss the scum possibilities which I don't think is the only thing a town would be curious about.

This also pinged me. For context of this read I need to mention that I know I'm town (duh) and I'm fairly confident that Mitch is town too. Here 3pups was shading one town (in my view) for wrongfully accusing another town (me). Which is like a very very common wolf pattern.

Another thing I should mention is that I'm definitely hella biased in reading 3pups as bad since he smoked me pretty good by having pretty good posts as scum in the anon game which was the last game I played here and I guess I am still somewhat butthurt about that. So no reasonable person should sheep me on this and if you do then I'm really sorry for you :D
This is clean and thought out. I will give you points for that.

MitchRapp

Vigilante
I think we should focus on getting 2 of these trains going for now. Make people commit to one side or the other.

Does anyone who has not voted have heavy feelings towards any of us with votes?

Sirius Black

Scum Hunter
This is clean and thought out. I will give you points for that.
One thing you need to know about me is that probably about 80% posts that I make are very alignment neutral for me. I make a ton of shitposts as either alignment :D

MTR

Godfather
Pronouns
he/him
Do we even really have any trains going. I don't think anyone has more than 2 votes at this point. It just hard to get reads on D1. I know some people can but I struggle. Just so much shit posting goes on during the first day phase

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Troll from the start because they have regeneration so they cant die, no brainer pick - 2005 me ;p

3puppies

Scum Hunter
Now I am feeling a lot less certain that there was scum theater there. But even in games where I haven't played, there's inevitably someone I think I should rust as town that ends up being a villain.

I have played only a relatively few games, compared to the rest of you all. I will throw shade on everyone until they are cleared.

The only person I feel good about now is CWE.

Sirius, one thing you need to know about me is that I am naturally inquisitive. I don't have a team to help me out so I will put my thoughts /questions here. I usually make really long posts. I am shortening them in order to meet the min post counts. I didn't raise questions about the other town roles because I am trying ask about how many non-town threats we are facing.

MitchRapp

Vigilante
Now I am feeling a lot less certain that there was scum theater there. But even in games where I haven't played, there's inevitably someone I think I should rust as town that ends up being a villain.

I have played only a relatively few games, compared to the rest of you all. I will throw shade on everyone until they are cleared.

Sirius, one thing you need to know about me is that I am naturally inquisitive. I don't have a team to help me out so I will put my thoughts /questions here. I usually make really long posts. I am shortening them in order to meet the min post counts. I didn't raise questions about the other town roles because I am trying ask about how many non-town threats we are facing.

One thing you need to know about me is that probably about 80% posts that I make are very alignment neutral for me. I make a ton of shitposts as either alignment :D

Is this a fucking dating site?

"One thing you need to know about me...."

Sirius Black

Scum Hunter

Can you expand on your progression of your MitchRapp read? Why did you think it was scum theatre at first, and why you don't think so anymore?

Top Bottom