Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 2 - Wishes of Hogwarts

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I think two days without 10 posts or a vote or both could be a modkill so
Vote: Listo
I dont think you are scum but those days can end any moment.

Lora

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
they/them
my top 4 sussy baka list includes

psycho
homely dude
dreyski
j dog

when in doubt, consult the rng.

choo choo

Vote: dreyski

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I’m trying to get caught up after a rough end of week work wise. Last day phase ended in mid kills before I could vote. I don’t want to jump on a train when I’m behind on reading but I also don’t want to killed for missing two vote.

Vote: Future as a placeholder vote, not because I’m implying anything. Once I’m caught up, I expect to change votes.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Still trying to catch up. Doing a placeholder vote so I don’t get killed for missing 2 votes in a row. Subject to change

Vote: Lora

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
my top 4 sussy baka list includes

psycho
homely dude
dreyski
j dog

when in doubt, consult the rng.

choo choo

Vote: dreyski
I played 2 games with Psycho before. I think this is Psychos worst performance out out those. It is so different from what i would expect that i have scum leam on psycho.
However from mechanical standpoint I don't see real evidence on Psycho.

Homelyman is the opposite. I can see a fringe world where Catio was a cop with guilty on him. But otherwise I have a town lean by way of his posting.
I only played 2 games with him too and in both of them he died n1, I've heard he is good at the game so who knows.

Jarrod said he has some info about game setup. I thought how he could get it. I had an option to ask a question to a mod in another game so that was a possibilty, but I dindt find anything like that in writeup.

He was wrapped in webs anyway so my thought was it came from a wish and it was granted to blue and purple. He must be one of those so there is 50/50 on Jarrod as blue or Purple. Also why would town Jarrod only ask for red? More like 60/40 on jarrod as purple.

That is not based on evidence. Just a gamble with high odds and should be considered last.

I think Dreyski is town.

Listo95

I think two days without 10 posts or a vote or both could be a modkill so
Vote: Listo
I dont think you are scum but those days can end any moment.
It’s honestly likely.
Vote: Claws
Placeholder so I have vote placed.

Claws

Mastermind
Jarrod said he has some info about game setup. I thought how he could get it. I had an option to ask a question to a mod in another game so that was a possibilty, but I dindt find anything like that in writeup.

He was wrapped in webs anyway so my thought was it came from a wish and it was granted to blue and purple. He must be one of those so there is 50/50 on Jarrod as blue or Purple. Also why would town Jarrod only ask for red? More like 60/40 on jarrod as purple.
i see what you mean about jarrod its a take we should most likely look at in the future

Randolph

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
he/him
I really don't want to be mod killed, so I'm making short sentences that are semi relevant, but totally annoying

Randolph

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
he/him
I was part of that bus drive earlier but red hasn't really done anything with me since.

Harry Potter also tried to kill me in a duel, but I won. So I'm not really sure how people feel about me

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Trying to think of examples.

Psych might be lynched less than anyone, and talked himself out of more than anyone but possibly JP.

I remember one time he was almost lynched because I was wrote the Michael Scott motivator as prison Mike.

That was funny.

Saw psych get killed as outed scum in a jarrod game, and then win a res price. That one was different.

One time we were scum together on mmoc. He was outted because of am innocent child. He used the opportunity to take heat off the team. He's probably the best at moving the momentum to someone else when there's early pressures He doesn't like.

He will bus his own team. Talked about that in chats in recent games.

I still think him and dreyski are not aligned.

But could look at other connections

Listo95

I was part of that bus drive earlier but red hasn't really done anything with me since.

Harry Potter also tried to kill me in a duel, but I won. So I'm not really sure how people feel about me
Well we don’t know what happens when Harry wins since he’s lost every duel so far.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
There is something about losing a wand it was in a riddle and apperared in wiriteup but i cant really tell

Claws

Mastermind
probably not a kill then if losing a wand is the dealio then wizards are useless without thier wands probably a restriction or rb or sumthin like that thats my take

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Hagrid is literally out to solo ruin town. Resses Alliance JOAT over town. Then kills town. Hagrid please.
Yeah I don't know what is going on with this. I hoping Hagrid is just making some bad guesses but he has been more of a hinderence than help so far.

Listo95

Yeah I don't know what is going on with this. I hoping Hagrid is just making some bad guesses but he has been more of a hinderence than help so far.
Well time to think who hurts town more often than not!

Pablo Diablo

Lunchable
Pronouns
he/him
Sorry Psycho didn’t see your quote notification. I’m still getting used to this new forum quirks since I unwatched the thread. I didn’t realize that would not send me an email about the quotes. I think that there’s a good chance that the actions of Caito were hinting at something. But it’s hard coming in late to a game to truly get the feel for the tenor of how things were going. Especially with as many posts as there are here.

I think I’m still on you for this vote. But you are a bit less pushing onto someone else than you often get when caught.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
I played 2 games with Psycho before. I think this is Psychos worst performance out out those. It is so different from what i would expect that i have scum leam on psycho.
However from mechanical standpoint I don't see real evidence on Psycho.

Homelyman is the opposite. I can see a fringe world where Catio was a cop with guilty on him. But otherwise I have a town lean by way of his posting.
I only played 2 games with him too and in both of them he died n1, I've heard he is good at the game so who knows.

That is not based on evidence. Just a gamble with high odds and should be considered last.

I think Dreyski is town.
Wrong again on me being purple. I can only do so much. Quit trying to paint me as scum. I am town.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
so your fake clearing ppl or you know they are probably town since they arent on your team
I wasn't clearing them as if I had info. Satsu had made a comment about you saying you're almost never red, and it seemed so specific that I thought it came from info. Matthieu said we shouldn't worry about you and Listo, particularly after I was poking at Listo, after a Weasley had targeted Listo. I thought it was maybe a claim, and then when I thought they could be masons, I figured that would explain a lot else. Which makes me have you as a hard clear and Listo as "not red"

Matthieu's flip pretty much confirmed my thoughts and I'm honestly surprised he wasn't killed sooner.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Mazer, it doesn't matter how narrowed down you are because the probably dead cop voted you after investigating. I may have let it slip by when it shouldn't have, but it doesn't change the fact that odds are there's hard evidence against you for the one red role you can be. Try to get your mislynch while you can, but people will listen when they see my flip and they'll get you.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Also, to be fair to Hagrid, the flavor implies it was a low-poster kill, so it's not like he had a lot of options if that's the case.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Is there some way to check vote counts quickly on here?
If you want final vote counts, you can click reader mode at the top of the thread page. The Discord server also generally has the final counts documented, though not always final vote accurate.

Otherwise you can find a Void post and click "ISO" and all the vote counts he posted will show up there

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Tightening up my spreadsheet a bit, and thinking about it, Mazer could technically still be Lucius. Bus drive results are usually the only way people can self target under most Rajah rules. Not really sure how Void would play that, though.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Is there some way to check vote counts quickly on here?
Not until an update is posted. I've tried Reader mode and I can follow the Threadmarks that are out there but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to see where the counts stand (without going back through posts and counting) until the mod posts an update.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
For possible red, I have:
The Homely Man
Dreyski
Pablo
Robo
MTR
Val

For possible Purple, I have:
Dreyski(longshot)
Pablo
Listo
Lora
Robo
MTR
Randolph
Val
Xan

Pablo, Robo, MTR, and Val are the most open. I don't really have any feels on Robo or Val, MTR as been okay I guess, and Pablo's entrance doesn't sit right but I'd give a "catching up" pass

Everyone but Homely Man is pretty much completely open for the red. It's all the people that haven't really shaken up the tree very much.

I think it's likely Randolph could just be town, though I'm pretty sure he's not red since Lucius was trying to rolecop him.

I could have been barking up the wrong tree about Dreyski. I still think his posts have a certain bite and manipulative tone to them that doesn't feel like town Dreyski. But if we're to look anywhere else other than The Homely Man, I'd look right into Pablo/Robo/MTR/Val. There's also Listo, but he's not red unless he's a godfather if I'm reading Matthieu's info right.

Peeves is also pretty wide open other than Claws, Jarrod, Satsu, and Tildey. I'm still thinking about the Lora!Peeves possibility but it could be just about anyone.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Not until an update is posted. I've tried Reader mode and I can follow the Threadmarks that are out there but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to see where the counts stand (without going back through posts and counting) until the mod posts an update.
Oh, yeah, if you want some kind of automated vote count for any point in the thread, we're still a ways off from that unfortunately.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Claws
Jarrod
Satsu
Tildey

This is my pile of townreads, by the way. Everyone else is still open wide

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Oh, yeah, if you want some kind of automated vote count for any point in the thread, we're still a ways off from that unfortunately.
I figured as much. I like the threadmarking feature, though. And I could be wrong - but I thought that's what he was looking for (automated vote counting).

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
At least BN being brought back cleared Badger and meant Peeves didn’t kill another townie instead.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Mazer, it doesn't matter how narrowed down you are because the probably dead cop voted you after investigating. I may have let it slip by when it shouldn't have, but it doesn't change the fact that odds are there's hard evidence against you for the one red role you can be. Try to get your mislynch while you can, but people will listen when they see my flip and they'll get you.
I'm very comfortable in seeing your flip. The last hail Mary didn't work.

Your fear tactic play doesn't scare either.

Claws

Mastermind
do a flip
T Rex Flip GIF by Mashable

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
For possible red, I have:
The Homely Man
Dreyski
Pablo
Robo
MTR
Val

For possible Purple, I have:
Dreyski(longshot)
Pablo
Listo
Lora
Robo
MTR
Randolph
Val
Xan

Pablo, Robo, MTR, and Val are the most open. I don't really have any feels on Robo or Val, MTR as been okay I guess, and Pablo's entrance doesn't sit right but I'd give a "catching up" pass

Everyone but Homely Man is pretty much completely open for the red. It's all the people that haven't really shaken up the tree very much.

I think it's likely Randolph could just be town, though I'm pretty sure he's not red since Lucius was trying to rolecop him.

I could have been barking up the wrong tree about Dreyski. I still think his posts have a certain bite and manipulative tone to them that doesn't feel like town Dreyski. But if we're to look anywhere else other than The Homely Man, I'd look right into Pablo/Robo/MTR/Val. There's also Listo, but he's not red unless he's a godfather if I'm reading Matthieu's info right.

Peeves is also pretty wide open other than Claws, Jarrod, Satsu, and Tildey. I'm still thinking about the Lora!Peeves possibility but it could be just about anyone.
Future's open for both sides, too. He hasn't really been targeted by anything yet other than the out-of-phase post restriction

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
If the master of misdirection is seen through here, I'm guessing I'm a target tonight.

So fuck it. Let's dive deep.

This is the part where psych floods the thread, so when we do his post death scum analysis, he's got too many threads to focus.

The key will be to see his earlier behaviors and any suspicion he derailed before they became things. I pointed that out earlier, and now we got thus.

Once again psych bringing out the sheet, but not eliminating me from any roles. Also he told me earlier that it was weak that I brought that he:.
1. Had been targeted by no scum. None.
2. Could be any of the scum.

Psych knows this is extremely relevant, but blocking out some things to drive the agenda is a psych tell.

And everyone is still supposed to buy that he had this all along, but let other pushes go through without even mentioning his suspicion,?

We both know if you weren't scum, you'd get a strong suspicion out. Both to avoid low probability lynched and to make sure you didn't die with it hidden. The way you're claiming to have had suspicion, and the way you've acted this game shows that you didn't really have it.

And you started the day with indicating that the scum Godfather triggered you, and went with the "let's start here". Magic I guess.

Some of this helped though. I'll look for out of character reactions to see if you left any clues previously.

Too fucking much here

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Unvote:

I still think Psycho is a good push for today. Our votes are a bit spread out but its time to start consolidating.

Vote: Psycho

Robozerim

Lunchable
Pronouns
he/him
Hi, people. I'd throw out my traditional random first vote, and would certainly be tempted to do so because I see whispers of the threat of mod deathery upon inactivity on the voting front (and posting front), but given timing I think I shall resist that temptation in case of accidental dangerous votes. I'll be reading the thread for at least this day for the next bit. Day 5 substitution leaves a lot to learn.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Hi, people. I'd throw out my traditional random first vote, and would certainly be tempted to do so because I see whispers of the threat of mod deathery upon inactivity on the voting front (and posting front), but given timing I think I shall resist that temptation in case of accidental dangerous votes. I'll be reading the thread for at least this day for the next bit. Day 5 substitution leaves a lot to learn.
If you vote wrong we're lynching you tomorrow.

Claws

Mastermind
Are you able to offer more info on this? Jarrod has seemed frustrated that he isn't able to offer clearly info to support his town status. It sounds like you may be able to help him?
jarrod has never done well in the spotlight in my opinion

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Are you able to offer more info on this? Jarrod has seemed frustrated that he isn't able to offer clearly info to support his town status. It sounds like you may be able to help him?
Without giving anything away, he's someone who's shown up in the writeup and as far as I can tell, his info is completely legit. There's a certain roles that lines up with the way he's been dispensing info and the people we've seen in the writeups

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Which is a reason I would think a town person would help him if they could help clear him as town.
I've been defending Jarrod hard from the get to. Leave him alone. He's clean. And any info he presents will be legit.

Robozerim

Lunchable
Pronouns
he/him
Still reading, obviously, but hard not to notice that Psycho is a clear favourite for lynch based on both start of day and very recent posts. Something like never getting targeted and that's suspicious? Mister Homely seems to be a pusher (as of the posts I've reached) of him, though it was at least in part as a counter to being called out himself. Psycho pointed out that Homely hadn't been targeted by somebody I think except when a bus driver was in effect on him? Always a headache, and certainly suspicious. A lot of other people with less overt reasoning than Homely at around the same time. I hear multi ball or w/e the terminology is now is in effect (and the day's write up indicates it too), so I honestly could see them both being scum on opposing teams. Kill em both and things probably go well or at least not terrible. Of course, this is just the currently clueless guy putting in his 2 cents.

Questions...the first post seems to not be updated past day 3 for deaths and such, is there a good place to see a full list of the dead and their roles/alignments? It'd be nice to get an idea of how the game is going overall.

Secondly, is this Homely person somebody I've seen before with like a name change or something? I don't recognize the name at all, but he seems the persuasive sort that probably has experience.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
You're probably all going to lynch me instead of looking at the info right in front of you. That's fine. Just listen to the info I've put in thread after I die. I'm certain I'm right about The Homely Man, and I'm certain on my townreads and who can be purple/red. It'll be on you to actually listen to it.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Still reading, obviously, but hard not to notice that Psycho is a clear favourite for lynch based on both start of day and very recent posts. Something like never getting targeted and that's suspicious? Mister Homely seems to be a pusher (as of the posts I've reached) of him, though it was at least in part as a counter to being called out himself. Psycho pointed out that Homely hadn't been targeted by somebody I think except when a bus driver was in effect on him? Always a headache, and certainly suspicious. A lot of other people with less overt reasoning than Homely at around the same time. I hear multi ball or w/e the terminology is now is in effect (and the day's write up indicates it too), so I honestly could see them both being scum on opposing teams. Kill em both and things probably go well or at least not terrible. Of course, this is just the currently clueless guy putting in his 2 cents.

Questions...the first post seems to not be updated past day 3 for deaths and such, is there a good place to see a full list of the dead and their roles/alignments? It'd be nice to get an idea of how the game is going overall.

Secondly, is this Homely person somebody I've seen before with like a name change or something? I don't recognize the name at all, but he seems the persuasive sort that probably has experience.
Homely Man is Mazer. I believe you played with him once or twice.

The best bet for a dead list is to click reader mode at the top of the thread and it'll show all the writeup posts. That'll at least have all the flips, even if they're not in one neat and tiny list.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her

If you click "Reader Mode" at the bottom or top of the page you can go through all of the Threadmarks to read the write ups and final vote counts. The only one not threadmarked is Day 3 end.

Claws

Mastermind
Which is a reason I would think a town person would help him if they could help clear him as town.
i agree the problem is just saying im town im town isnt a way to make others feel your town you gotta solve you gotta be part of the decussion

Mazer

Spirit Breaker

You may remember me as mazer,from games I've died early while day 1 role-playing characters such as distinguished English gentlemen who always referred to psych as his proper name-psychological.

You played the game on the previous FOS site right?

I had to change my name for a month when I lost in a contest.

Robozerim

Lunchable
Pronouns
he/him
Okay...I'm confused. Night 1, Blind Ninja was killed by Peeves and showed up as ???, but on N4 he was killed by Peeves again and flipped JOAT? Did I miss him being resurrected or something?

Claws

Mastermind
Okay...I'm confused. Night 1, Blind Ninja was killed by Peeves and showed up as ???, but on N4 he was killed by Peeves again and flipped JOAT? Did I miss him being resurrected or something?
he was brought back over badger

Robozerim

Lunchable
Pronouns
he/him
Well, it seems that somebody peeved off Peeves by bringing him back, since he just killed him again. Unless Peeves is Lora, because he's the kind of guy that'd wish for his victim to come back to life just so that he can kill him again.

Robozerim

Lunchable
Pronouns
he/him
I am currently content with lynching both of Psycho and ex-Mazer and letting the mod god sort it out. Looking at the dead, purple is in pain unless I'm missing stuff, so if both are rival scum, I'd guess the more popular to lynch candidate is purple while the less popular is red. Big "if", perhaps. Not sure how close we are to a lynch, but I'd guess not far from it, so I'll hold off on throwing my vote just yet.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
Not frustrated. I actually think I was as clear as I could be without crossing the line.

jarrod has never done well in the spotlight in my opinion
i agree the problem is just saying im town im town isnt a way to make others feel your town you gotta solve you gotta be part of the decussion
I will say that I feel like I run games better than play them.

Also I feel like since my split I have really been quite horrible. I don't scrutinize as much as I used to and my problem solving has been lackluster. Depression can take the speed off your fast ball I guess.

I have been trying this game though and bringing legit information that I can gather to everyone. I even pretty much said you can put things together on me character-wise, that's no lie.

You've seen the last couple scum games I've played. My play feels different when scum. I have definitely been part of the discussion even if you say I'm not.

Also since I started playing these games if I say I'm town I'm generally town.

Listo95

I am currently content with lynching both of Psycho and ex-Mazer and letting the mod god sort it out. Looking at the dead, purple is in pain unless I'm missing stuff, so if both are rival scum, I'd guess the more popular to lynch candidate is purple while the less popular is red. Big "if", perhaps. Not sure how close we are to a lynch, but I'd guess not far from it, so I'll hold off on throwing my vote just yet.
I'm honestly wondering if they are both scum but different factions.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
If he wants me to out him, I can. But I literally just explained as best I could in response to Tildey. It's really obvious if you pay attention to the write-ups and Jarrod's posts.
If you want to throw your guesses out for the class by all means, I don't mind.

Claws

Mastermind
Severus Snape stayed in his Potions classroom all night. He spent time mixing up a secret formula. This potion should allow Snape to commune with the hidden voices and entities that have been shaking things up at Hogwarts. Hopefully, they can provide some answers.

where are these answers then?

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I think Snape is some kind of Oracle. Or a potion JOAT or something that lets him ask questions about the game's setup. I think it's how he figured out the roles that targeted him as well as figuring out there was a traitor.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
as well as figuring out there was a traitor.
And that's a whole other thing

My money's on Filch at this point based on how Protego has gone down, plus it would make sense theme/flavor wise.

Draco's probably too obvious. And if it's a surprise turn, my money is on maybe Ron or Harry. Don't think it's Snape based on the kind of info he can receive.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 5 Vote Count:

7 - Psycho (Claws #1541, THM #1566, Pablo Diablo #1567, Randolph #1573, Jarrod #1575, Xanjori #1656, Future #1661)
1 - THM (Psycho #1521)
1 - Listo (Satsu #1601)
1 - Dreyski (Lora #1602)
1 - Future (Tildey #1603)
1 - Lora (MTR #1604)
1 - Claws (Listo #1606)
1 - Xanjori (Val #1635)

Not Voting: Dreyski, Robozerim

With 16 players alive, majority is 9 votes on a single player.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Why cant snape be a traitor? He was also an og death eater?
I don't think it'll be that obvious, and the oracle ability doesn't feel like a scumsided one. They already have more info than the rest. We're the ones who need that info.

Claws

Mastermind
idk in ghostbusters the lady that was a ghost was evil and that should of been obvious

Top Bottom