Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 2 - Wishes of Hogwarts

3puppies

Lost Wolf
Sorry, I've been a little lost/busy with work/scav stuff. I do not yet fully understand what is happening and also did not understand how the website worked. Reading through everything tonight and will make some posts!

I don't believe I've had the pleasure of playing with you before. You don't have to catch up that much, to believe that Badger has been identified by yours truly (many who know me as a detailed spreadsheeter) , as most likely either Voldemort or Peeves, both of whom interacted with our recently departed BlindNinja. Let's not allow the BlindNinja's death to be in vain.

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
I don't believe I've had the pleasure of playing with you before. You don't have to catch up that much, to believe that Badger has been identified by yours truly (many who know me as a detailed spreadsheeter) , as most likely either Voldemort or Peeves, both of whom interacted with our recently departed BlindNinja. Let's not allow the BlindNinja's death to be in vain.
1676084516636.jpeg

llettuce

nimbdrs
Pronouns
she/her
Sorry, I've been a little lost/busy with work/scav stuff. I do not yet fully understand what is happening and also did not understand how the website worked. Reading through everything tonight and will make some posts!
Unrelated to current problems but I also have a picture now so I'm a real person

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
1676085709835.jpeg

Attachments

• 1676085303455.jpeg
    1676085303455.jpeg
    135.5 KB · Views: 0

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
honey badger GIF

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I am not entirely sure that Blind Ninja was the intended target.

I can't tell if Badger was Lord Voldemort, or perhaps he's Peeves, but either way I have a really strong sense that he's no good.

VOTE: Badger

I understand there were shenanigans at play, so I cannot be completely sure, but I suspect that Badger's intended target was directed to BlindNinja.

I understand this makes me a target, and I cannot elaborate at the risk of roleclaiming.
I would not have predicted this, but I have no idea why someone would hunt Badger on a falseclaim right now.

Badger can't really defend himself, but a false move would be out of character for 3 pups

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I would not have predicted this, but I have no idea why someone would hunt Badger on a falseclaim right now.

Badger can't really defend himself, but a false move would be out of character for 3 pups
1676087472692.png

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
It's a bit unfortunate 3pups did out the info so soon since we could have gotten more reactions to Badge's posting, but nothing can really be done about it now

Randolph

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
he/him
A lot of people are really quick on the draw when it comes to voting. I used to think quick trains were suspicious. Have things really changed that much the last 2 months?

Randolph

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
he/him
I am not entirely sure that Blind Ninja was the intended target.

I can't tell if Badger was Lord Voldemort, or perhaps he's Peeves, but either way I have a really strong sense that he's no good.

VOTE: Badger

I understand there were shenanigans at play, so I cannot be completely sure, but I suspect that Badger's intended target was directed to BlindNinja.

I understand this makes me a target, and I cannot elaborate at the risk of roleclaiming.
Missed this. I hate reading on my phone. I get the vote now, but let us not lynch just yet. Quick trains so early in the game are unproductive.

Still, to be safe.

Vote: lettuce

Not voting for serious, but in case I get caught without a vote after I go to bed.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
A lot of people are really quick on the draw when it comes to voting. I used to think quick trains were suspicious. Have things really changed that much the last 2 months?
Quick trains with weak rationale, yes.

Fast trains, because of Dees....less so.

And not sure thar I currently see this moving at a breakneck speed.

You having second thoughts on this one?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Missed this. I hate reading on my phone. I get the vote now, but let us not lynch just yet. Quick trains so early in the game are unproductive.

Still, to be safe.

Vote: lettuce

Not voting for serious, but in case I get caught without a vote after I go to bed.
Saw this after I typed my last

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
This isn't really that fast of a train

I kinda think the interaction with Matthieu shows them as not being teamed though for sure

Not putting a lot of stock in the Claws vote since it seemed pretty baseless from the jump

Randolph

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
he/him
Quick trains with weak rationale, yes.

Fast trains, because of Dees....less so.

And not sure thar I currently see this moving at a breakneck speed.

You having second thoughts on this one?
I just found out about it 10 minutes ago.. I've barely had time to have 1st thoughts about it. I mean, if you want to put the poor bastard out of his misery Is, be my guest. I don't have any info on Badge or anyone else.

3puppies

Lost Wolf
As I try to be objective, the write up suggests that Badger took Polyjuice potion, which from the books would mean that he appeared to be someone else.

My thought is that Badger's own action landed on BlindNinja, and BlindNinja is now gone, thanks to either Peeves or Lord Voldy. It appears that BlindNinja had BPV, that got used up, but he was powerless against a second kill? But polyjuice potion would mean Badger would appear to be someone else, not that someone would appear to be Badger. I am not sure how much of the writeup was just flavor.

Badger's reaction makes me wonder if one of his powers is that he takes out whoever leads the train against him. It may be paranoia on my part, but I am going to wish that if I get taken out, I get revived.

I also don't want the day to end quickly, because of the "rules" mentioned at the top of N1 write-up. @Claws, can you comment on whether you know what rule you might have broken? A small part of me wonders if one of the rules was that we HAVE to yeet someone, or else anyone left could randomly get eliminated.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
As I try to be objective, the write up suggests that Badger took Polyjuice potion, which from the books would mean that he appeared to be someone else.

My thought is that Badger's own action landed on BlindNinja, and BlindNinja is now gone, thanks to either Peeves or Lord Voldy. It appears that BlindNinja had BPV, that got used up, but

Badger's reaction makes me wonder if one of his powers is that he takes out whoever leads the train against him. It may be paranoia on my part, but I am going to wish that if I get taken out, I get revived.
1676089570506.jpeg

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him

My thought is that Badger's own action landed on BlindNinja, and BlindNinja is now gone, thanks to either Peeves or Lord Voldy. It appears that BlindNinja had BPV, that got used up, but he was powerless against a second kill? But polyjuice potion would mean Badger would appear to be someone else, not that someone would appear to be Badger. I am not sure how much of the writeup was just flavor.

I also don't want the day to end quickly, because of the "rules" mentioned at the top of N1 write-up. @Claws, can you comment on whether you know what rule you might have broken? A small part of me wonders if one of the rules was that we HAVE to yeet someone, or else anyone left could randomly get eliminated.
I think the main takeaway for the rule Void was trying to hammer into us is that we have to reach a majority. It doesn't matter whether we actually lynch someone or choose sleep, but we have to come to an official decision.

3puppies

Lost Wolf
Claws had been killed, and I am wondering if it was because he was the last vote on sleep, or if it was the last voter overall? Something to keep an eye on, especially if at some day we don't reach a majority.

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
Again, I cannot role claim so I really can't say more. If Badger ultimately flips blue, I am sticking my neck out, but I firmly believe this is the best move for town.
Hmm seems believable enough to me I guess, feels kinda unfair voting someone who can’t talk but I have no clue until I start spread sheeting

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
Nah, we will just yeet you instead. Though I wouldn't be surprised if you are Voldy, you likely have at least a 1x kill protection.
If we got Voldemort that quickly that would be insane lmao
Vote: Badger

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
All good. Just wanted to make sure you are alive and checking in. Play catch up. Lot of the day one stuff is banter but you can maybe try to get a feel for people from it. Looking forward to playing with you. Hope you have fun.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Claws had been killed, and I am wondering if it was because he was the last vote on sleep, or if it was the last voter overall? Something to keep an eye on, especially if at some day we don't reach a majority.
I feel like it's because he was the last vote when we hadn't reached a majority. It's either that or it was pure coincidence and he broke a different rule. But the writeup seemed like it was heavily implying that the punishment was directly tied to not reaching hammer.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
So basically, if it's not coincidence(like someone was randomly chosen or Claws died because of a different rule), someone dies if we don't hammer, and the last person to vote on the biggest wagon dies as punishment.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I feel like it's because he was the last vote when we hadn't reached a majority. It's either that or it was pure coincidence and he broke a different rule. But the writeup seemed like it was heavily implying that the punishment was directly tied to not reaching hammer.
The way he worded backs up your hammer theory

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Okay just going to try to put some thoughts on there if nothing else to help me keep things straight before I head to bed. I know some of it is just repeats of what others are saying but just agreeing and again kind of getting things straight in my head.

So yeah I think the rule broken was not reaching a majority and I am liking the theories on who was picked to serve the punishment. Worried about what the other three rules are.

So to a degree a lack of actions last night especially on the scum. I am going to guess the two teams will be alternating kill nights. I am going to guess when it comes to the Order that some of us have even night actions and some have odd night actions but still seems like we were lacking actions.

And yeah looks like poor BN was doomed last night. Sucks we didn't get a flip though.

Guess Xan gets to leave the game for a bit due to solving the puzzle which means he is protected for now until he comes back.

Interesting theory about the polyjuice potion and Badger.

Okay about all I can wrap my head around right now. Need some sleep. Long day tomorrow for me

llettuce

nimbdrs
Pronouns
she/her
Not sure I'm compelled by this (though I am not always the smartest at logic games with many parts and dont know how you play the gameso take that as you will) anyway
Vote: 3puppies

llettuce

nimbdrs
Pronouns
she/her
thats the problem when you compile too much info, if you dont know something = suspicion

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
So basically, if it's not coincidence(like someone was randomly chosen or Claws died because of a different rule), someone dies if we don't hammer, and the last person to vote on the biggest wagon dies as punishment.
If this turns out to be the mechanic, then I guess it’s good you got those emotes fixed. This one is going to get a lot of use…:bandwagon:

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
A likely story...
Fridays are when we have our department meetings at work. Because we’re a call center that isn’t allowed to shut down we split the staff into small groups and proceed to present the same info to the different groups of staff all day. By end of day, my brain is complete mush between being in every meeting and repeating the same info over and over.

Lora

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
they/them
Xanjori was probably killed by Lora.

Blind Ninja was probably killed by someone salty over his push for players to speak up and do something, which suggests that scum may be hiding amongst the quieter, less active players.

Then again, that typically ends up being the case but it usually takes some persuasion for enough players to go down that route with each new game.
why would i kill xanjori? i have literally no motive to.

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Either we’re doing odd night Death Eaters, even night Alliance, or Lucius’s spell had some effect. Possible roleblock a faction or house?
And the Marauders Map seems to be an active character, rather than a tool.

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
I just re-read and it does look like claws was sacrificed because we didn’t meet majority, but let off because Hidden Rules. Trouble is, the larger the game, the more difficult to reach hammer early game.
Good thing we have Dees.

On Xanjori, the wording ‘has left the game’ kinda seems permanent as a win, we already have Lora who’s immune till D/N3 and Foxxi the stump so I think another deathproof would be overkill.

Caito

CWE Killer
A lot of of potential decent discussions now that we all actually have something to go off of instead of the ubiquitous D1 bullshit.

This is all very interesting…..

Vote Mazer/Homely Man

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I don't get that Badger train. I think he drank a potion and has to post badgers today, but how does it make him a killer?
Claws cant be anyone from the writeup if he was dead last night right?
How does the writeup system work exactly? Should every single action apper in them or only most important ones?

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I understand that there's dees on Badger saying he is bad...I also realize this is classic town Badger posting. So I'm not voting on it.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I don't get that Badger train. I think he drank a potion and has to post badgers today, but how does it make him a killer?
How does the writeup system work exactly? Should every single action apper in them or only most important ones?
All the actions should appear.

Since claws was written as returning before the actions, I am still thinking he could be anyone from last night.

llettuce

nimbdrs
Pronouns
she/her
Yesss this is how I felt about the badger thing, and I'm not really into the push that oh your new and I solved it so vote this way, makes me sus

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
And I guess I should vote someone...one sec let me check who's alive...

Vote: Caito
:squint:

Randolph

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
he/him
The only thing that worries me is that the guy with the 3 puppies Is exposing himself pretty early to late night shenanigans. I hope this pays off at least

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Weird that Badger would probably be able to only post images, but he can alter at will?

Caito

CWE Killer
Skirting the rules? With red hair and a hand me down robe?

He must be a Weasley.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
It reads as a self-act. There's no target. Reads ambiguous. Then Badger plays like this. I was already pinged a little. Badger and i have talked about he tends to make lists as town. Then he immediately makes 1 with no real solving yesterday.

a decent amount nes up, again, because I don't see this as a play scum 3p would pull out of the air for no reason

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 2 Vote Count:

8 - Badger (Matthieu #566, 3puppies #591, Psycho #594, Future #605, Kareemah #631, PG #654, THM #659, Claws #671)
2 - Caito (Val #544, CWE #662)
1 - Psycho (Badger #599)
1 - Lettuce (Randolph #616)
1 - 3puppies (Lettuce #640)
1 - Matthieu (Lora #647)
1 - THM (Caito #650)

Not Voting: Diva, MTR, Dreyski, Tildey, Satsu, Morrison, Listo, Jarrod

With 23 players alive, majority is 12 votes on a single player.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
It reads as a self-act. There's no target. Reads ambiguous. Then Badger plays like this. I was already pinged a little. Badger and i have talked about he tends to make lists as town. Then he immediately makes 1 with no real solving yesterday.

a decent amount nes up, again, because I don't see this as a play scum 3p would
1676128371572.jpeg

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
The only thing that worries me is that the guy with the 3 puppies Is exposing himself pretty early to late night shenanigans. I hope this pays off at least
I think this is what has me so conflicted. In my limited experience, 3pups seems to be a pretty cautious player and only claims something when he’s sure. But Badger’s posts are reading town to me. I just wish I could figure out from the write up whatever info it is that 3pups feels so confident about.

llettuce

nimbdrs
Pronouns
she/her
my opinion may be swayed by the edited pics, that does not seem like a reasonable restriction and is a strange communication choice. Why not edit earlier???

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
A lot of of potential decent discussions now that we all actually have something to go off of instead of the ubiquitous D1 bullshit.

This is all very interesting…..

Vote Mazer/Homely Man
Care to chip in on those discussions?

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
3pups is a straight shooter. He's claiming info from last night that, tenuous as may be, doesn't seem like the sort of thing 3pups would fake. Especially knowing it would draw immediate attention on him if wrong. It's possible he got some faulty information, but it's the best lead we have, and Badger's erratic, baseless voting hasn't done anything to make me feel like it's the wrong choice. It comes off like he was just trying to look proactive and taking advantage of the fact he can't actually talk, until he was caught.

I really don't think town!Badger, after being caught, jumps right to voting me instead of trying to find a way to reason with the pics.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I understand that there's dees on Badger saying he is bad...I also realize this is classic town Badger posting. So I'm not voting on it.
How is this classic town Badger posting? He's hidden behind pics and hasn't actually indicated any reads like he normally does.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Yesss this is how I felt about the badger thing, and I'm not really into the push that oh your new and I solved it so vote this way, makes me sus
I definitely understand your take because that post did read with a manipulative tone. And you jumping into action and voting on it is a good look for you.

But the reason 3pups is voting Badger is because he somehow managed to track Badger to Blind Ninja, who was targeted by two killers.

In fact, with his post about Badger morphing into another player and him being kinda confused on how he got the info he did, I think I might know what role he is.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
If you have scum, you out it. Otherwise you risk dying without getting that info out and we potentially risk clearing his target.

It's the nature of the game. We have doctors for a reason.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
Vote: Badger

Quick reads on a few:

CWE - (before he says it not because he reads me as such) the most obvious town read here unless he’s deviated heavily on his scum game. Would be 1-2-3 kid beating Razor level upset if he was scum.
Blind - By the book, Mr logical. Confident town read even in spite of our earlier interactions.
Psycho - Less confident than the previous two but leaning slight town. No gimmicky obv town tells like the previous games and dipping in and out in spells.
Homely Mazer - Slightly interesting approach as normally his first port of call is to blatantly ask me and/or Claws if town in the first instance but did the more gimmicky approach instead. Town lean but a bit more slight than usual
Claws - His play here pings me slightly as reminds me of other games like the last one where he’s shaded the likes of me but was a scum approach.
Dreyski - Slight town lean and giving him a bit of a pass due to his PC issues.
3puppies - His spreadsheeting NAI. Seems a bit too paranoid over leading N1 No lynches over a Jarrod/Kefka gimmick that was aaaages ago.
Jarrod - He’s a slow burner normally D1, need to see more D2.
Randolph - Not much but hope he can digest the clippings/hairs in good sauce. Normally questions me or Psycho but none of his usual MO here.
Tildey - Slight town lead. Could see more but asking role questions.
Matthieu - Less familiar with his style than others but from what I know voting Sleep early is NAI.
Lora- Seems a bit more serious and less gimmicky than usual. Most players I’d say that’s fine but I’m used to a town gimmicky Lora.
MTR - His activity level so far is a slight good town lean at the moment
Caito - Not confident at all.
Xan - same.
If Badger does pop scum then I see this as scum Badger itching and planting many seeds on people who aren't on his scum team to be grown in the future. Likewise the people he's leaned on for town reads we are likely to find at least one scum team member of his.

I can just see Badger in chat asking everyone's opinion and how he doesn't push at least one of his mates. Badger is very smart and if he's scum then the list is pushing his team's agenda.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
Adding on I'm confident in 3puppies information.

Badger even low key buries 3pup's Kefka knowledge.

I'm looking at Badger's Dreyski assessment of slight town lean but giving him a pass due to PC issues as very suspect right now.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
To be fair, I've seen 3puppies get killed frequently quite early on.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
By being how Badger posts when held to a restriction as town. It has happened before.
Badger's usually a lot more pointed in his restricted posting. Up until the recent pics where he was editing them into memes, his posts were very aimless

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Pretty convenient Badger gets *silenced* and framed together - polyjuice would be a in-universe way to do that.
I think 3pups is acting in good faith here, but maybe he would have benefitted from keeping his powder dry a bit longer.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Pretty convenient Badger gets *silenced* and framed together - polyjuice would be a in-universe way to do that.
I think 3pups is acting in good faith here, but maybe he would have benefitted from keeping his powder dry a bit longer.
Yeah, I mentioned this earlier, but what's done is done.

Do you think there's a chance he has faulty/misunderstood information?

Listo95

So apparently there is info making Badger bad, but he is already L-3 so kinda hesitant to vote right now before everyone has a chance to come into thread. Just so I have a vote out.

Vote: Satsu

Listo95

Yeah writeup makes it sound like he was tricked into drinking it almost.

Top Bottom