Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 2 - Wishes of Hogwarts

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Vk right now silently that it's pointed out that his game set-up conflicts with existing lore.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
Sort of foolish to back off Badger, with information saying he's scum, when someone dies if majority is reached.

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
More foolish to hang him within six hours, and lose someone because they didn’t have time for ten posts…
This bloodthirsty aspect reeks of scum Jarrod.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah I honestly cant really see a situation where we don't hang Badger today, but I think thats the point. We should at least give people time to contribute, fuck knows if someone has info we need or like Dreyski says we should at least give people time to come in and get their 10 posts as well as their views.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
More foolish to hang him within six hours, and lose someone because they didn’t have time for ten posts…
This bloodthirsty aspect reeks of scum Jarrod.
Would we though? I posted once last phase and didn't hear one word on it. Rules say twn is suggested.

This feels like Dreyski trying to buy time for his scum team member.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
Yeah I honestly cant really see a situation where we don't hang Badger today, but I think thats the point. We should at least give people time to contribute, fuck knows if someone has info we need or like Dreyski says we should at least give people time to come in and get their 10 posts as well as their views.
It's also the weekend when sometimes people vanish. People unvoting coupled with weekend inactivity is a very real dangerous possibility.

llettuce

nimbdrs
Pronouns
she/her
Would we though? I posted once last phase and didn't hear one word on it. Rules say twn is suggested.

This feels like Dreyski trying to buy time for his scum team member.
I did get shit for not posting d1 (warranted), but I was also lost, new, and afk and there was a post in the middle of d1 urging those with less than 10 posts to make one. So in case that's something vk wants to stick too we should at least make sure those who have not had the chance to sit down with the last few hours are able to do so. And personally we arent too far from majority and I am willing to change my vote and will be around.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
For what it's worth, I don't really think Void would punish someone for not meeting the post requirement were a lynch to happen in the first 24 hours, especially if you showed an effort of being around.

I think it's mostly for repeat offenders and those who can't make the minimum closer to the actual deadline

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
@llettuce I know you're still getting a grasp on things, but let's say for the sake of argument that Badger is 100% scum. Do you have any thoughts about people based on their votes or reactions to Badger?

3puppies

Lost Wolf
Having re read the text I still think Badger is the best play for today, but I can see another way that he is telling the truth. I did not watch Badger nor track him, so I don't know, but I don't think we would have any better target anyway. Since I am out couponing it's hard to post

Claws

Mastermind
Im lost in hogwarts
Having re read the text I still think Badger is the best play for today, but I can see another way that he is telling the truth. I did not watch Badger nor track him, so I don't know, but I don't think we would have any better target anyway. Since I am out couponing it's hard to post
Ok so its not your dees yoou goin off of? Your goin by what the write up says im sorry i need an explantion this is starting to sound fishy

llettuce

nimbdrs
Pronouns
she/her
Im lost in hogwarts

Ok so its not your dees yoou goin off of? Your goin by what the write up says im sorry i need an explantion this is starting to sound fishy
Yep nvm vote not changeddddd

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
1676162525323.jpeg

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Im lost in hogwarts

1676162595101.jpeg

llettuce

nimbdrs
Pronouns
she/her
@llettuce I know you're still getting a grasp on things, but let's say for the sake of argument that Badger is 100% scum. Do you have any thoughts about people based on their votes or reactions to Badger?
I mean, for me it's really just the fact the badger seems to be unable to say anything and 3puppies insisting that its badger. In terms of everyone else I dont think I currently have any reads.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
Trying to stiffle chat we will burn you next
This feels like scum trying to act town. Not stiffling anything. I already explained why I thought unvoting wasn't the best move but if people promise to be around then do whatever.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
This feels like scum trying to act town. Not stiffling anything. I already explained why I thought unvoting wasn't the best move but if people promise to be around then do whatever.
1676163729202.png

Randolph

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
he/him
With Randolph, Badger mentioned he's not pushing Badger like usual but that doesn't say which way Badger is going with him which could be a tell in itself. It is the difference between the 4 but not sure how that plays out yeyet.
After Badger threatened to quit while I was doing the Badger shit-posting a few games ago, I decided to stop mock-antagonizing people and take a more vanilla approach.

If someone has been uncovered as scum, I will have some fun, but I try to be far more reserved.

I am not interested in making people miserable for my own amusement.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
After Badger threatened to quit while I was doing the Badger shit-posting a few games ago, I decided to stop mock-antagonizing people and take a more vanilla approach.

If someone has been uncovered as scum, I will have some fun, but I try to be far more reserved.

I am not interested in making people miserable for my own amusement.
I meant the way Badger didn't call you town or scum could be the difference in that you could possibly be on a scum team with Badger. Of the four mentioned I feel good about you but was just throwing out possibilities and wasn't referring to you shit posting.

I enjoyed your antagonistic gimmick no matter who it was directed at. If you want to antagonize me for your amusement then feel free!

3puppies

Lost Wolf
Pondering what else I can say.

First, I don't keep track of how many posts I make, so I don't know if I have met the minimum daily requirements. I will be doing more couponing most of the day tomorrow as well, so I hope we don't get a short day if I have not met the minimum daily amount.

I have never had this role before, so I am not sure if I am understanding the results properly. And because of shenanigans, I have learned not to trust all of what we think.

I am concerned about the mass role block that red made - and whether or not it may have impacted how I have interpreted everything thus far. Our best moderator and favorite person did not tell me my action was blocked - and due to its nature, I understand how/why it wouldn't show up in the write up.

Again, I don't think anyone has shared anything that would make me think of anyone else to push more than Badger right now. And we need to yeet someone or else we will lose someone anyway.

I firmly believe that if a town player has details, they should be shared.

3puppies

Lost Wolf
Im lost in hogwarts

I tried to make it as clear as I can without roleclaiming. This was information I have, but it is also how I have interpreted what went down. I have examined a LOT of possibilities, none of which are 100% certain, but the probabilty insists that Badger is far and away the best target, especially since we have no other information. If we do not act to eliminate someone, we lose someone randomly. It might as well be Badger.

I am not really understanding why some thought I should have held back my interpretation of my information.

Listo95

I tried to make it as clear as I can without roleclaiming. This was information I have, but it is also how I have interpreted what went down. I have examined a LOT of possibilities, none of which are 100% certain, but the probabilty insists that Badger is far and away the best target, especially since we have no other information. If we do not act to eliminate someone, we lose someone randomly. It might as well be Badger.

I am not really understanding why some thought I should have held back my interpretation of my information.
It’s not about holding it back for the day. But instead let day play out a bit to see what connections can be made before the info is presented to the thread.

3puppies

Lost Wolf
I guess that would make sense if I was going to be able to post instead of being mostly unavailable.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I guess that would make sense if I was going to be able to post instead of being mostly unavailable.
Don't worry too much about it. It's easy to say what you should have done, but the truth is most of us get excited with good information and blow our load immediately.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
With this said, I still trust 3pups' intentions and also believe he wouldn't go this wild based on nothing. I'm still willing to see it through. And I won't be around much for the rest of the phase, so

Vote: Badger

Randolph

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
he/him
I meant the way Badger didn't call you town or scum could be the difference in that you could possibly be on a scum team with Badger. Of the four mentioned I feel good about you but was just throwing out possibilities and wasn't referring to you shit posting.

I enjoyed your antagonistic gimmick no matter who it was directed at. If you want to antagonize me for your amusement then feel free!
The big problem with playing as a heel is the fact that some people forget that wrestling isn't real and that you might actually be hurting their feelings.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
The big problem with playing as a heel is the fact that some people forget that wrestling isn't real and that you might actually be hurting their feelings.
I know I've had to recalibrate sometimes as well

Claws

Mastermind
Vote: caito

Just a placeholder vote so i have a vote consider me still on badger i till dunno how i feel about it as its not actual dees like a cop out but still likely the only person to rally on

DivaSmurf

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
I’m going to go ahead vote Badger again because I want to help with majority and I work double tomorrow and worry about missing it. I’ll definitely participate where I can if I get gaps before the day ends of course.

Unvote:

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I mean, for me it's really just the fact the badger seems to be unable to say anything and 3puppies insisting that its badger. In terms of everyone else I dont think I currently have any reads.
But he is able to say things. There was text in those pictures that would make them work as simple posts. I bet he is able to talk if he really needs to but I don't know what kind of defence he would be able to make agains acussation like that.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I am not saying Badger can't be scum here. I am just confused how he is "mechanically" a scum potential when investigative looking abilities were not on him.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Btw I don't know what Dumbledore did exactly but I don't think it was anything harmfull.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Hammering him would not speed things up it wpuld just make night last longer so why do it?

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
And to give time for people to to reach the minimum posts.

But what else do I expect from Caito.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
We won't work ourselves into a shoot Randolph! I know you're just having fun.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
Don't worry too much about it. It's easy to say what you should have done, but the truth is most of us get excited with good information and blow our load immediately.
Agreed, if I have information I definitely come in guns blazing with it.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 2 Vote Count:

10 - Badger (Matthieu #566, 3puppies #591, Future #605, Kareemah #631, PG #654, THM #659, Jarrod #681, Tildey #702, Psycho #846, Diva #851)
3 - Caito (Val #544, CWE #662, Claws #849)
1 - Psycho (Badger #599)
1 - Lettuce (Randolph #616)
1 - 3puppies (Lettuce #640)
1 - Matthieu (Lora #647)
1 - THM (Caito #650)
1 - Satsu (Listo #699)
1 - PG (Dreyski #739)

Not Voting: MTR, Satsu, Morrison, Xanjori

With 24 players alive, majority is 13 votes on a single player.

Last edited:

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I am not saying Badger can't be scum here. I am just confused how he is "mechanically" a scum potential when investigative looking abilities were not on him.
Unvote: Psycho

1676222227399.jpeg

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
But he is able to say things. There was text in those pictures that would make them work as simple posts. I bet he is able to talk if he really needs to but I don't know what kind of defence he would be able to make agains acussation like that.
1676222295773.jpeg

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Welp, we’re about six hours away from deadline and not a whole lot more stuff to discuss. Not sure what this will accomplish if Badger doesn’t flip, but for the sake of the team…
Unvote: PG

Listo95

Welp, we’re about six hours away from deadline and not a whole lot more stuff to discuss. Not sure what this will accomplish if Badger doesn’t flip, but for the sake of the team…
Unvote: PG

Well closer to 7 but yeah.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
badger GIF

Day 2 End

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Final Day 2 Vote Count:

13 - Badger (Matthieu #566, 3puppies #591, Future #605, Kareemah #631, PG #654, THM #659, Jarrod #681, Tildey #702, Psycho #846, Diva #851, Badger #869, Dreyski #879, Claws #887)

2 - Caito (Val #544, CWE #662)
1 - Lettuce (Randolph #616)
1 - 3puppies (Lettuce #640)
1 - Matthieu (Lora #647)
1 - THM (Caito #650)
1 - Satsu (Listo #699)

Not Voting: MTR, Satsu, Morrison, Xanjori

With 24 players alive, majority is 13 votes on a single player.

—---------------

The group discussed at length who the suspicious ones were amongst them. The ones they felt were responsible for what was going on. Ultimately, one name rose above all others. The majority of those present felt Badger had something to do with these actions. Badger disagreed with them, but they would not be swayed.

Regardless, they grabbed Badger and put him at the head of the table. Without another word, all present cast spells simultaneously, obliterating Badger’s body.

Badger, playing as ???, the ???, has been eliminated.

—---------------

Professor Trelawney was exhausted. It took immense concentration for her to know which of people in the Great Hall were sending her wishes, but she hopes it will pay. She went to go lie down in bed, but heard the voice ring throughout all of Hogwarts. Another puzzle must be at play.

“Hello everyone. You should all know the drill by now. The player who figures out the puzzle will get a bonus to their house and enable the wishgranter to get another wish. Good luck!”

The voice cackled and then disappeared.

—---------------

Night 2 Puzzle:

ugfgi pcuuq rtgqx mcbi yquz
ugfgi pcuuq qhj jm rkgxx
ugfgi pcuuq oht mcb yhto q nbirg
quz obit mcb

ugfgi pcuuq yhwqiz zbgx
ugfgi pcuuq dhxx rcjg lccxr
ugfgi pcuuq tbiu quz vg
q zqid yhwqiz

—---------------

It is now Night 2. Night 2 will end on Feb 13th at 8:00pm ET (GMT-5) or when all actions are submitted. Actions must be submitted by 6:00pm ET for them to be valid. If you are not submitting an action, please let me know that too. Night will not end early if the puzzle has not been solved. Deadline for puzzle is 6:00pm ET.

Night chat is enabled for discussion of the puzzle only.

Last edited:

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
never gonna steal your wand
never gonna aim my spell
never gonna hit you with a curse and hurt you

never gonna wizard duel
never gonna kill some fools
Never gonna turn and be a dark wizard

Day 3 Start

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Another night had come and gone and while some slept in their nice beds others prowled the castle during the night. The Alliance and Death Eaters would make sure they were the victors in this castle. Who really cares what is happening. As long as they can exploit it to the fullest.

George Weasley had better things to do tonight than mess around or wait to be killed. He took a pair of Dungbombs and threw them at the entrance to the castle and closed the door behind him as he left. Now no one would follow as he went to Hogsmeade to see about getting some prime real estate.

Lucius Malfoy was wandering around the corridors when he heard a noise. He noticed The Homely Man walk by him, put his bag down, and head into the bathroom. While The Homely Man was preoccupied, Lucius Malfoy dug through The Homely Man’s belongings to see what he could do.

Harry Potter found Dreyski quickly and immediately engaged him in a duel. The spells flew back and forth, each striking and countering all the spells cast. Before long, the rooster outside crowed and both parties begrudgingly went their own ways, as this fight was clearly ruled a no contest.

Newt Scamander had his trusty briefcase and was trying to keep a good eye on it. However, he had tripped heading down the Grand Staircase, dropping his case. It burst open and many magical creatures escaped. They stampeded through the halls and ran into The Homely Man and Randolph, causing them to scatter in opposite directions.

Albus Dumbledore sat in his office and thought deep and hard about the strange events happening at the castle. He was unsure about what the next steps were. However, he had an idea. He quickly strode out of his office and found The Homely Man and decided to spend time behind him, as they enjoyed a cup of tea.

Lord Voldemort cackled as he plotted his plans and planned his plots. He decided that tonight he had enough of a pesky house that had been bothering him for too long. He cast a spell that would make it so those members of that house were more likely to sleep soundly tonight.

CWE was pigging out in the Great Hall when he thought he heard someone behind him. CWE quickly turned to look, but didn’t see anything. He shrugged, finished his meal, and started to leave. However, one of the large statues in the Great Hall started to fall at precisely the right time and landed on CWE crushing him beneath the stone.

Peeves jumped out of a nearby suit of armor and grinned gleefully. “Ah another unfortunate accident. Whatever could be happening?” Peeves cackled and flew off. CWE could not move as the life faded from his body. Before he passed out, the voice of Godric Gryffindor filled his head. “My son, take rise once more. You have more to do here. But this life comes at a cost.”

The statue magically started to repair itself and CWE stood up, still breathing, but he felt significantly weaker.

Severus Snape stayed in his Potions classroom all night. He spent time mixing up a secret formula. This potion should allow Snape to commune with the hidden voices and entities that have been shaking things up at Hogwarts. Hopefully, they can provide some answers.

Peter Pettigrew was skulking through the halls when he heard a couple of people approaching him. He quickly changed into his rat form and ran out into the open. Both Xanjori and 3puppies shrieked and ran away from each other.

Dobby had felt a newfound sense of being since being freed from the Malfoy’s servitude. He swore he would never let anyone feel like he did ever. Dobby found MTR and took up a defensive position outside his bedroom, daring anyone to try and hurt MTR.

Hermione Granger had a new book she was reading. This one was all about the exploits of The Alliance and the evil deeds they had done. Armed with this knowledge, she looked for Jarrod, intent upon seeing how interested in The Alliance he was.

Hagrid was in his hut, making up a nice pot of stew. He knew weird things were going on at the castle. He whistled and a few of Aragog’s family showed up. “Go to the castle and find Jarrod…you know what to do.” The spiders quickly went to the castle and webbed Jarrod up good. He was going to be really lethargic the next day after having to work to get these webs off of him.

Argus Filch scowled as he looked at the mess everywhere. “These damn kids making a mess everywhere.” Ever since the strangeness had been going on, Filchfound himself able to cast magic. So of course, he was using it any place that he could. As he was cleaning, he happened to see 3puppies walking by. Filch cast Protego on 3puppies, bidding him a safe night.

Mad-Eye Moody was…mad. He just wanted to fight something. He had considered turning one of the students into a ferret, but thought better of it. Instead he decided to follow Xanjori and secretly cast a charm behind Xanjori’s back that would give Xanjori a bit of a boost this night.

The Marauder’s Map unfurled itself without any command. It had a different task tonight. It stayed open all night to keep an eye on Jarrod and who would traverse the general area.

Gellert Grindelwald stalked the halls with a purpose. He was going to take someone out and didn’t care who got in his way. He didn’t care about subversion or subtlety. Someone was going to die. He noticed Caito casually talking to one of the ghosts trying to see if they knew anything. Grindelwald fired the Imperius curse at Caito. Caito could not resist the curse as he walked over to a coat of arms, yanked the sword off, and slit his own throat.

Gellert Grindelwald walked over to Caito’s corpse and cast Incendio upon the corpse, ensuring no one would be able to figure out who it was.

Caito, playing as ???, the ???, has been killed.

—---------------

Professor Trelawney was exhausted, but she awoke refreshed after her strenuous activities last night. She decided to head down to the Great Hall today and be amongst the people. Maybe she would find out some more clues from them. But by leaving her tower, she would no longer know who specifically sent the wishes.

Still it was a risk she would take.

—---------------

Peeves cackled as he watched DivaSmurf drop his wand as he was heading down to the Great Hall for the meeting. "Aha! What is this? Well, you know what say. FINDERS KEEPERS. I think I will hold onto this and maybe Diva will get it back...if he is lucky.

—---------------

Lora is no longer protected and is eligible to be voted on and targeted by actions.

—---------------

A wish that was made by a member of The Alliance and Hufflepuff house was granted.

A wish that was made by a member of Order of the Phoenix and Ravenclaw house was granted.

—---------------

Living Players:

1. 3puppies
2. Claws
3. CWE
4. DivaSmurf
5. Dreyski
6. FutureHold
7. Jarrod1983
8. Kareemah
9. Llettuce
10. Listo
11. Lora
12. Matthieu
13. Morrison
14. MTR
15. Peter Griffin
16. Psycho666Soldier
17. Randolph
18. Satsu
19. The Homely Man
20. Tildey
21. Val
22. Xanjori

—---------------

It is now Day 3. Day 3 will end on Feb 15th at 8:00pm ET (GMT-5) or when majority is reached. With 22 players alive, majority is 12 votes.

Top Bottom