Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 2 - Wishes of Hogwarts

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Sorry. The Marauders Map watched you. Hagrid sent the spiders after you, who wrapped you in webs. Hermione Granger cop-aligned you. Your post said you were
"Mr. Popularity last night phase. I was targeted with a watch action, a vote thief action aaand a alignment cop action. Those are 100% fact and not up for interpretation."

So Hagid is a vote thief? Not sure I saw that from the write up. But I guess it means that, unless you are a godfather, Hermione can confirm that you're blue. But does it means that the Marauder's map knows who Hermione Granger is?

As for Badger's action with the GIF post restriction, I didn't feel great, especially with his multiple "Come at me" posts. And I didn't understand how the post restriction went through if there was a mass role block.
I'm still curious about Badger. Did he try something and it didn't work? I'm not at a point where I'm comfortable making any assumptions regarding Badger.

I've had more discussions with Vk than I have about anyone else regarding game construction. I sent him a bunch of my old spreadsheets (including once where I fucked up an existing game). He's asked questions about how we do hidden roles here, and we've had a lot of back on forth on balance. Reading the night 1 flavor, you definitely see the rb potential, but Badger highlights that there may have been thinks that happened otherwise, corrupted or hidden.

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
I don't believe I've had the pleasure of playing with you before. You don't have to catch up that much, to believe that Badger has been identified by yours truly (many who know me as a detailed spreadsheeter) , as most likely either Voldemort or Peeves, both of whom interacted with our recently departed BlindNinja. Let's not allow the BlindNinja's death to be in vain.
But Peeves and Voldemort were both active last night?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Although I am curious, particularly from those who have played more VK games, if they think peeves is more likely a neutral survivor type role or a scum aligned sk.

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
If you have information that will help town, you can share it, but you don't have to claim your role to do that. Void is the boss moderator of my internet parade. You can try running by Void what you want to post here, and he'll tell you if it comes too close to roleclaiming. But he won't tell you if you're off base in your interpretation.

As for the rest of last night's actions -

George Weasley seemed to have a commuter role?

Lucius Malfoy's investigating The Homely Man's stuff made me wonder what result came through, especially since it appears Newt Scamander bus drove The Homely Man and Randolph, causing them to scatter in opposite directions. So was Lucious investigating The Homely Man, or Randolph?

Harry Potter and Dreyski's rock paper scissors game only tells us that Dreyski is not HP. But does it clear Dreyski from other roles, other than George Weasley? If Dreyski was preoccupied, does that also mean he couldn't be Peeves?

Not sure about Albus Dumbledore , but I wondered if he had a hider role as he "found The Homely Man and decided to spend time behind him, ?

Lord Voldemort 's spell that would make it so those members of that house were more likely to sleep soundly tonight probably means some folks can't act tonight - I wonder if those players were notified that they will be roleblocked? I wonder if they won't be able to revive one of the dead but not revealed?

Severus Snape's potion about "hidden voices" intrigues me. I am suspecting that he is setting up private chats?

Peter Pettigrew seemed like a bus drive to me as well. Xanjori and me are not Scabbers's alter ego.

Dobby doc protected MTR ?

Hermione Granger
has a variation of a cop role?

Hagrid jailed Jarrod.

Argus Filch
doc protected yours truly.

Mad-Eye Moody charm on Xanjori’s back that would give Xanjori a bit of a boost this night.

The Marauder’s Map watched Jarrod, so does that mean someone knows who Hagrid is?

Grindelwald
taking out Caito by the Imperius and Incendio curse at makes me believe Caito was not purple. I also think red and purple are alternating kill nights.

Peeves having two actions makes me wonder if he had a wish granted, or maybe won a prize solving an anagram puzzle?
Okay I’ll run by what I want to say to void

3puppies

Lost Wolf
But Peeves and Voldemort were both active last night?

I was absolutely wrong about Badger being either Voldy or Peeves. I misinterpreted the write up, because I thought something had happened when I it didn't. I just didn't understand the communication process. Different mods do things differently. It doesn't mean that Badger wasn't scum, though, we just don't know until a reveal.

@Jarrod1983 - you said the following -
Also, 100% fact there are 5 red scums out there but this could include traitor characters. I have zero Harry Potter knowledge so not sure if a traitor character has been mentioned in write ups.

I only see 3 red (Voldey, Peter Petigrew, and Lucious) and then 3 purple (Grindewald, Nagel and Vinda). I am kind of surprised we did not see either Nagel or Vinda last night

Do you think red and purple are actually able to talk to each other?

@FutureHold - I am hoping you're feeling better. Glad the strep test was negative. Any thoughts on Snape's potion, or listening to private chat?

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
Also is it just me or satsu Peter and Randolph has been quiet, I’ve been super busy but I’m still keeping up

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
I was absolutely wrong about Badger being either Voldy or Peeves. I misinterpreted the write up, because I thought something had happened when I it didn't. I just didn't understand the communication process. Different mods do things differently. It doesn't mean that Badger wasn't scum, though, we just don't know until a reveal.

@Jarrod1983 - you said the following -

I only see 3 red (Voldey, Peter Petigrew, and Lucious) and then 3 purple (Grindewald, Nagel and Vinda). I am kind of surprised we did not see either Nagel or Vinda last night

Do you think red and purple are actually able to talk to each other?

@FutureHold - I am hoping you're feeling better. Glad the strep test was negative. Any thoughts on Snape's potion, or listening to private chat?
Not sure if they can communicate but I know what information I was given and I believe it was correct information.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Okay. Playing some catch up here. First off hate the no flips at this point. I think Caito’s kill was a cannibal kill just based on the write up but the other kills don’t come off that way to me so something else is in play with them.

My thoughts on write up.

George commutted out of the game for the night it looks like.

Lucious did a role check cop on Mazer

Harry did another dual. Not sure what to think of these at the moment.

Newt did a bus drive Mazer and Randolph

Dumbledore hid behind Mazer.

Voldemort did some kind of action to limit one of the houses.

Peeves tried to kill CWE. Either failed or BPV popped.

Snape able to talk to someone hidden. Not sure what to think of this one.

Pettigrew bus drive Xan and 3pups

Dobby protected me. Body guard maybe

Hermione did a cop check of sorts on Jarrod

Hagrid jailed Jarrod? Not sure

Filch protected 3pups.

Mad eye boosted Xan

Map watched Jarrod

Grindelwald killed Caito

Peeves took Diva’s wand

Okay. Now I am going to start going through and responding to things.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Also anyone voting me right now is a dam fool.

I seemed to be Mr. Popularity last night phase. I was targeted with a watch action, a vote thief action aaand a alignment cop action. Those are 100% fact and not up for interpretation.

Also, 100% fact there are 5 red scums out there but this could include traitor characters. I have zero Harry Potter knowledge so not sure if a traitor character has been mentioned in write ups.

Suck it scum.

:panic:
I wouldn't say they are not up for interpretation. The watch and cop check were straight forward but the other one not so much. So Hagrid took your vote? You may have already answered this but I am working my way through the thread and responding to things to catch up.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Its annoying not having a flip for Badger, I wasnt expecting it so am trying to mull things over.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Peeves having two actions makes me wonder if he had a wish granted, or maybe won a prize solving an anagram puzzle?
Wish winner alignments are revealead at a start of a day and last time they were blue and purple but Peeves is yellow.
Even if he got a wish it would probally work at D3 start and not last night.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Its annoying not having a flip for Badger, I wasnt expecting it so am trying to mull things over.
1676222921098-jpeg.87

you don't see frustration until you play a game with no damn flips.

Stitll think his gameplay was more consistant with frustrated town then outed scum. but i dont really know Badger that well.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
I wouldn't say they are not up for interpretation. The watch and cop check were straight forward but the other one not so much. So Hagrid took your vote? You may have already answered this but I am working my way through the thread and responding to things to catch up.
I'm saying it's not. It was a vote theft. As far as I know I still have my vote so not sure it was successful but that was 100% the action. Hagrid might be a JOAT of sorts but either way his action last night is exactly what I say it is.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I'm saying it's not. It was a vote theft. As far as I know I still have my vote so not sure it was successful but that was 100% the action. Hagrid might be a JOAT of sorts but either way his action last night is exactly what I say it is.
good distinction. Action vs. role

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Come on wouldnt VK make a backup of it really? I have backups of logs from irc from 2003 or something ;>

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
Okay. Playing some catch up here. First off hate the no flips at this point. I think Caito’s kill was a cannibal kill just based on the write up but the other kills don’t come off that way to me so something else is in play with them.

My thoughts on write up.

George commutted out of the game for the night it looks like.

Lucious did a role check cop on Mazer

Harry did another dual. Not sure what to think of these at the moment.

Newt did a bus drive Mazer and Randolph

Dumbledore hid behind Mazer.

Voldemort did some kind of action to limit one of the houses.

Peeves tried to kill CWE. Either failed or BPV popped.

Snape able to talk to someone hidden. Not sure what to think of this one.

Pettigrew bus drive Xan and 3pups

Dobby protected me. Body guard maybe

Hermione did a cop check of sorts on Jarrod

Hagrid jailed Jarrod? Not sure

Filch protected 3pups.

Mad eye boosted Xan

Map watched Jarrod

Grindelwald killed Caito

Peeves took Diva’s wand

Okay. Now I am going to start going through and responding to things.
Can we ask who is mazer since he’s been checked

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
Who would wanna kill Caito besides obviously Grindelwald lol, and do we know if he was town or scum?

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Mazer Listo and Jarrod were investigaion checked i guess we can ask but players cant really answer. or its like claiming not allowed.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
How would it worrk here, so if someone was a cop and get guilty whey would have to say. i think playerr X is scum. well totally based on reads, yeah.

If they said i got guilty on X last night. Its basically modkill claim?

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Mod Note

Please hold all posting for a few minutes. And I will actually calculate a vote count in a little bit as well since I've been swamped today.

Day 3 Modkill

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
The day was continuing as everyone had their discussions on the happenings within the castle. Suddenly, 3puppies burst into flames and disintegrated within seconds. There were not even ashes left of this poor wizard.

3puppies, playing as Newt Scamander, an Order Bus Driver, has been modkilled. He was a member of Slytherin House.

Please do not discuss this modkill. You may now all continue posting.

Last edited:

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Can we ask who is mazer since he’s been checked
When cops do check it is up to them to share as they see fit without claiming or outing themselves. They might get a hit early on and find scum but by sharing information they could be a scum target if they are not protected by a doc or something so just got to wait and see what people say and share.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Who would wanna kill Caito besides obviously Grindelwald lol, and do we know if he was town or scum?
There is a whole line of people that want Caito dead. :lol:

No flip so yeah don't know if town or scum beyond not Alliance since that is the team that killed him.

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
When cops do check it is up to them to share as they see fit without claiming or outing themselves. They might get a hit early on and find scum but by sharing information they could be a scum target if they are not protected by a doc or something so just got to wait and see what people say and share.
Ohhh ok

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
The day was continuing as everyone had their discussions on the happenings within the castle. Suddenly, 3puppies burst into flames and disintegrated within seconds. There were not even ashes left of this poor wizard.

3puppies, playing as Newt Scamander, an Order Bus Driver, has been modkilled.

I have a strong suspicion that void is scum

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 3 Vote Count:

2 - Jarrod (Dreyski #962, Claws #1007)
2 - Dreyski (Psycho #965, Jarrod #969)
1 - Morrison (Randolph #970)
1 - Future (CWE #978)

Not Voting: Diva, MTR, Kareemah, Val, Tildey, Claws, The Homely Man, Satsu, Morrison, Listo, Future, Lora, Peter Griffin, Lettuce, Xanjori, Matthieu #1019

With 21 players alive, majority is 12 votes on a single player.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
i think is quite unikely Claws is red. I dont think he is peeves either.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
you don't see frustration until you play a game with no damn flips.

Stitll think his gameplay was more consistant with frustrated town then outed scum. but i dont really know Badger that well.
Its hard to say, like as scum he has to play it to the end of the day, especially when he can't talk. Also I wonder if any team had any clue about no flips, because if so thats pretty important from his part, but I dunno if thats a common thing or even a thing at all.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Im trying to remember previous games with mechanics like this. We had one before where it was based on an event or death?

Claws

Mastermind
Not a gotcha, more of a snark.

Ready to yeet someone based on defending another convicted on incorrect evidence, though?
When Badger flips, it’ll be red faces on one side, that’s for sure.
If you think ill have a red face if badger flips red let me tell you youll be sorely mistaken i thibk it was stupid to push some with a chat restrict in the first place

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I know we can't discuss the modkill itself, but assume that we can discuss that he was town and therefore likely did not have a partner in pushing badger. which gives us at least a little to look at.

Which still stands by that we can't really make any assumptions about badger.

Which is just frustrating.

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Do you think bager could flip?
If by flip you mean ‘have identity revealed’ then I would certainly hope so, and sooner rather than later ideally. Was why I asked if resurrection was a mechanic in the Potterverse. Apologies if flip means something else in MMO-land.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Trying to find secret rules that would get him modkilled this brave adventurer

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
If by flip you mean ‘have identity revealed’ then I would certainly hope so, and sooner rather than later ideally. Was why I asked if resurrection was a mechanic in the Potterverse. Apologies if flip means something else in MMO-land.
Who is ur pfp

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
It was a post about Matthieu you really like to make posts when i am writing

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
I know we can't discuss the modkill itself, but assume that we can discuss that he was town and therefore likely did not have a partner in pushing badger. which gives us at least a little to look at.

Which still stands by that we can't really make any assumptions about badger.

Which is just frustrating.
At this point I’m assuming 3pup’s info was wish-related, given he wasn’t mentioned in the N1 writeup.

Lora

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
they/them

3puppies, playing as Newt Scamander, an Order Bus Driver, has been modkilled.

Vote: vote: voidkitten

Randolph

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
he/him
I think people are getting mixed messages from the night action write-ups. Actions might be getting jumbled around randomly by someone.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 3 Vote Count:

2 - Jarrod (Dreyski #962, Claws #1007)
2 - Dreyski (Psycho #965, Jarrod #969)
1 - Morrison (Randolph #970)
1 - Future (CWE #978)
1 - Claws (Val #1073)
1 - Matthieu (Matthieu #1074)
1 - Lora (Lora #1092)

Not Voting: Diva, MTR, Tildey, The Homely Man, Satsu, Morrison, Listo, Future, Peter Griffin, Lettuce, Xanjori, Kareemah #1064)

With 21 players alive, majority is 12 votes on a single player.

Top Bottom