Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 2 - Wishes of Hogwarts

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 3 Vote Count:

2 - Jarrod (Dreyski #962, Claws #1007)
2 - Dreyski (Psycho #965, Jarrod #969)
1 - Morrison (Randolph #970)
1 - Future (CWE #978)
1 - Claws (Val #1073)

Not Voting: Diva, MTR, Tildey, The Homely Man, Satsu, Morrison, Listo, Future, Peter Griffin, Lettuce, Xanjori, Kareemah #1064), Matthieu #1102, Lora #1106

With 21 players alive, majority is 12 votes on a single player.

Almost 12 hours remaining in the day phase

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Regardless of his alignment, I'm still wary of those who were quick to defend Badger or give him wiggle room. If Badger was town, there would likely be scum knowing he was innocent and trying to look helpful.
But can they know if there are 3 teams? I think for any scum team literally anyone going from any other team is to their benefit. People defending him would more likely be on his team imo.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Vote: Dreyski

Badger had self-voted by this point, if he was on a team they'd have the go ahead to just finish him off. We also need to have a majority to avoid breaking rules. I honestly dont know what the best way to play this game is with no flips, town win using info from deaths, we dont have that info.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
@FutureHold - I am hoping you're feeling better. Glad the strep test was negative. Any thoughts on Snape's potion, or listening to private chat?
I remembered something this morning that I had forgotten to follow up on yesterday.
@FutureHold - how did 3pups know you had been tested for Strep? I did a thread search and I don’t see any posts from you mentioning being sick or getting checked.

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I remembered something this morning that I had forgotten to follow up on yesterday.
@FutureHold - how did 3pups know you had been tested for Strep? I did a thread search and I don’t see any posts from you mentioning being sick or getting checked.
Probably mentioned it in scum chat...

:squint:

Nightingale

Administrator
You silly people. Pups clearly saw that in a crystal or something, since pups had no ill intents of his own. Pups your poor soul... you had the sight, and it can be so hard to understand sometimes..

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Why is it that whenever I can not remember off the top of my head who scum was in a game...then I go check...I ended up dying night 1 in that game?

:lol:
Some people get drunk to forget. You get sober to forget.

Randolph

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
he/him
Okay we have 11 hours to get our crap together. Who we putting the hurt on?

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 3 Vote Count:

3 - Dreyski (Psycho #965, Jarrod #969, Xanjori #1112)
2 - Future (CWE #978, Matthieu #1114)
1 - Morrison (Randolph #970)
1 - Claws (Val #1073)

Not Voting: Diva, MTR, Tildey, The Homely Man, Satsu, Morrison, Listo, Future, Peter Griffin, Lettuce, Kareemah #1064, Lora #1106

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 3 Vote Count:

3 - Dreyski (Psycho #965, Jarrod #969, Xanjori #1112)
3 - Future (CWE #978, Matthieu #1114, Randolph #1123)
1 - Claws (Val #1073)

Not Voting: Diva, MTR, Tildey, The Homely Man, Satsu, Morrison, Listo, Future, Peter Griffin, Lettuce, Kareemah #1064, Lora #1106

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
3pups and I were placed in a private thread last night. We were talking about the game and what to do

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Between work, valentine's day, and sick kids yesterday got a little away from me. Going to look to do a focused read through this morning, and see where i land on main suspicion.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
That's not how bone smells work?

Unvote: future
Vote: Xanjori
THEY GOTTA BE SMELLING SOMETHING, NO SMOKE WITHOUT FIRE.

Would you like something to dip in this lovely garlic dip Ive got btw?

Nightingale

Administrator
A friendly reminder my students, portents are only potentially true if you can specify exactly who they are about - no nicknames or aliases, and the only groups that you will be able to see the future of is that of specific houses.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Are you regularly in the business of just giving away tells?

:sherlock:
Do you mean when trying to get the rest of the thread to lynch someone? Yes.

Now do you have something for this dip or not?

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Garlic dip? I want some dip.

I am not sure what to think about this chat that took place. Who would put two random people in a chat?

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I'm not on the future anymore so I'll use my new train...
Tell me why, sell it to me.
Classic tell me why we can lynch you tomorrow...
Do you mean when trying to get the rest of the thread to lynch someone? Yes.

Now do you have something for this dip or not?
fishing...

Badger had self-voted by this point, if he was on a team they'd have the go ahead to just finish him off. We also need to have a majority to avoid breaking rules. I honestly dont know what the best way to play this game is with no flips, town win using info from deaths, we dont have that info.
Hops on the latest train.

3 generic scum tells.

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him

I am not sure what to think about this chat that took place. Who would put two random people in a chat?
You should have played more with JP. I've had more than enough sauce for a lifetime thank you very much...

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Xanjori
Future
Mazer
Psycho
Diva

My top 5.

3 and 4 are kinda there because...I'm mean...they're alive? And they have both triggered red flags that I promised town I would point out next time I saw it.

And someone tried to kill me. :squint:

Claws

Mastermind
Xanjori
Future
Mazer
Psycho
Diva

My top 5.

3 and 4 are kinda there because...I'm mean...they're alive? And they have both triggered red flags that I promised town I would point out next time I saw it.

Your list is interesting however im like pretty sure psycho is town

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Your list is interesting however im like pretty sure psycho is town
I've had sus on Mazer during a game where I 100% knew his role and he knew mine after a mod fuck up (name that game @The Homely Man ) and still voted him because of the Mazer lives mindset. They talked me down rather easily...

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I've had sus on Mazer during a game where I 100% knew his role and he knew mine after a mod fuck up (name that game @The Homely Man ) and still voted him because of the Mazer lives mindset. They talked me down rather easily...

What was that one Predator? I played that one on vacation. I remember replying to you from the beach once, and basically just saying "stop it".

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
CWE susses me and psych until forever. Psych and I get there to a lesser extent. That was where the whole Spiderman meme came from.

Which still worries me that I've currently got both in my trust tree. Psych's name change has made me chill out, I guess.

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
What was that one Predator? I played that one on vacation. I remember replying to you from the beach once, and basically just saying "stop it".

Aliens. I shot the busdriver who switched our targets. You protected my target of Rip. I felt it in my bones then, and I feels it on Xanjori now. What did Rip flip that game? :chin:

Mazer

Spirit Breaker

fishing...

3 generic scum tells.

Do you see any potential mechanic reasons for suspicion last night related to Xan?

I am leaning to dreyski. Right now, I'm more confident in my list of people I don't want to kill than those I want to. There's some interaction with Jarrod. Re: jarrod - I have never really seen him put himself out there much as scum until he's forced to. So, I think his activity strikes me true. And I felt like I didn't like some of the explanation and process around 3pups. And obviously it seems that 3p making a mistake was the right interpretation.

Because of the correlations, my main interest is dreyski.

I'm also thinking the need to hammer is going to get in the way of some of my ability to read the momentum and late pushes. VK frustrating me rn.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Aliens. I shot the busdriver who switched our targets. You protected my target of Rip. I felt it in my bones then, and I feels it on Xanjori now. What did Rip flip that game? :chin:
I remember all the mechanics, but promptly disregard all flavor once a game is over.

The busdriver f-up was amazing. That.....did not work out well for scum.

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Do you see any potential mechanic reasons for suspicion last night related to Xan?
Assuming my initial future train was on scum (that's why still in second) on Xanjori's team... pushing off of fellow scum trying to poke holes in the train.

Assuming future is the opposite scum team...poking holes for future mislynches.

Then the other tells already listed. It's weak. But I don't see much of anything else and I've already had an attempt on my life so I want blood.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her

I am leaning to dreyski. Right now, I'm more confident in my list of people I don't want to kill than those I want to. There's some interaction with Jarrod. Re: jarrod - I have never really seen him put himself out there much as scum until he's forced to. So, I think his activity strikes me true. And I felt like I didn't like some of the explanation and process around 3pups. And obviously it seems that 3p making a mistake was the right interpretation.

Because of the correlations, my main interest is dreyski.

I'm also thinking the need to hammer is going to get in the way of some of my ability to read the momentum and late pushes. VK frustrating me rn.
The one thing that stands out to me from the write up in regards to Xan is him getting that boost from Mad Eye and then Peeves appearing to act twice. But I think somebody else said that the way the second Peeves action is separated in the write up that it may be flavor and not mechanics?

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 3 Vote Count:

4 - Dreyski (Psycho #965, Jarrod #969, Xanjori #1112, Lora #1144)
2 - Future (Matthieu #1114, Randolph #1123)
1 - Claws (Val #1073)
1 - Xanjori (CWE #1132)

Not Voting: Diva, MTR, Tildey, The Homely Man, Satsu, Morrison, Listo, Future, Peter Griffin, Lettuce, Kareemah #1064)

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Assuming my initial future train was on scum (that's why still in second) on Xanjori's team... pushing off of fellow scum trying to poke holes in the train.

Assuming future is the opposite scum team...poking holes for future mislynches.

Then the other tells already listed. It's weak. But I don't see much of anything else and I've already had an attempt on my life so I want blood.
The one thing that stands out to me from the write up in regards to Xan is him getting that boost from Mad Eye and then Peeves appearing to act twice. But I think somebody else said that the way the second Peeves action is separated in the write up that it may be flavor and not mechanics?
This is a complete shot in the dark, but having an action move up or motivated is intriguing to me right now.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 3 Vote Count:

5 - Dreyski (Psycho #965, Jarrod #969, Xanjori #1112, Lora #1144, Kareemah #1157)
2 - Future (Matthieu #1114, Randolph #1123)
1 - Claws (Val #1073)
1 - Xanjori (CWE #1132)

Not Voting: Diva, MTR, Tildey, The Homely Man, Satsu, Morrison, Listo, Future, Peter Griffin, Lettuce

Randolph

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
he/him
Vote: unvote

Vote: dreyski

We might as well try to be all on the same page, even with minimal information

Mazer

Spirit Breaker

this is not me saying bring me the head of xan, but i would like to see him vetted.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I’ve got back to-back meetings all afternoon so I want to go ahead and enter a vote (just in case). Based on the concerns I have with the write up and the Peeves possibility, I’m going with Xan for now. I am open to changing later, if needed, to reach majority and avoid a random kill.

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
How do I defend myself when people aren’t even giving a reason and are just sheeping each other?

I wasn’t a fan of Psycho’s interaction yesterday - Jarrod’s a good player who can speak for himself, why was Psycho covering for him?

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
How do I defend myself when people aren’t even giving a reason and are just sheeping each other?

I wasn’t a fan of Psycho’s interaction yesterday - Jarrod’s a good player who can speak for himself, why was Psycho covering for him?
Part of me wanted to sheep because of the first paragraph but you won me back with the second.

:beer:

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him

Well, you could apply the voting pattern reasoning until endgame.
Or you could let me live and have all the info you need.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter

I think Psycho was just giving his opinion on why he thinks I'm town. Mazer has done the same thing. I dont think either were speaking for me. I am town and even spilled my information yet you keep pushing on me. I am not the correct choice if you are town looking for scum.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
But can they know if there are 3 teams? I think for any scum team literally anyone going from any other team is to their benefit. People defending him would more likely be on his team imo.
From their perspective, the odds are greater that Badger is town. And even if he was on the other team, 3pupe vague explanation gives enough room for 3pups to be wrong that they could be trying to get on the right side of history since most of us were buying 3pups' info.

Either way, I don't think defending Badger yesterday looks great, especially how wishy-washy people like Dreyski were about it.

On that same token, some scum would likely take the golden ticket of claimed info if they're not teamed with Badger, so I don't think there's zero scum on that wagon - especially if he's town. I am just more wary of the people who thought twice about it.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him

I assume the info will eventually come, but with multiple threats about, we can't really afford to just sit on our hands until they come.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
That's not how bone smells work?

Unvote: future
How do you feel about Dreyski? Off memory I don't think you've talked about it even though he's one of the main topics of discussion this phase.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him

Badger had a similar role last game, and I did the same with Jean Grey in my X-Men game

Future/3pups is kind of an interesting combo, though.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him

fishing...

3 generic scum tells.

I don't buy this at all tbh. I think Xanjori had every right to question you like he did since people were voting Future with no actual basis or reasoning shared in the thread.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Xanjori
Future
Mazer
Psycho
Diva

My top 5.

Care to expand on Diva at all? Since you're being tight-lipped about Future.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 3 Vote Count:

9 - Dreyski (Psycho #965, Jarrod #969, Xanjori #1112, Lora #1144, Kareemah #1157, Randolph #1159, THM #1160, Matthieu #1162, Future #1171)
2 - Xanjori (CWE #1132, Tildey #1161)
1 - Claws (Val #1073)

Not Voting: Diva, MTR, Satsu, Morrison, Listo, Peter Griffin, Lettuce

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Badger had a similar role last game, and I did the same with Jean Grey in my X-Men game

Future/3pups is kind of an interesting combo, though.
In your game though didn't scum help guide who Jean put in the chat. Granted there was a town person also trying to guide that so there was some back and forth. I was scum that game and trying to think back to that mechanic.

Either way yes interesting combo of people to have in a chat and just interested in figuring out the mechanic and what side it helps if helps at all.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I am not sure I am sold on this Dresky train but at the same time we need to reach a majority.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah that was me, and I still stand by it

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him

Because I read Jarrod as innocent and the way you went about trying to jab at him felt more manipulative than earnest

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I’ve played plenty of games with Psycho and I’ve never seen this kind of snark. Very out of character for him. See also his response to Claws soon after.

Maybe I'm not as snarky on Rajah as I am other places, but I regularly make posts like this and constantly worry someone's gonna take it more serious than it was intended

Lora

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
they/them
Unvote:

ill unvote just to prevent early lynching. but the RNG says dreyski must die today.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Day 3 Vote Count:

9 - Dreyski (Psycho #965, Jarrod #969, Xanjori #1112, Lora #1144, Kareemah #1157, Randolph #1159, THM #1160, Matthieu #1162, Future #1171)
1 - Claws (Val #1073)

Not Voting: Diva, MTR, Satsu, Morrison, Listo, Peter Griffin, Lettuce

Oh jesus, I was looking at Discord earlier. I didn't realize how many were on the Dreyski wagon now lol.

So, valid move, Lora

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Who are the people you're curious about if not Dreyski?
Honestly a lot of people. Still really early in the game and we are still gathering info. Just looking back at things I am not as convinced as others on Dreyski. I can go that way because we need the lynch though. Just hate taking out fellow town especially when it looks like we have two teams and a neutral to worry about.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I may actually back off Claws just because I think as scum whenever I sus him, he's usually more quick to sus me back? Him taking a strong stance on me being town and just kinda being disappointed at my sus on him rings more towny to me.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Unvote:

ill unvote just to prevent early lynching. but the RNG says dreyski must die today.
Not a ton of time left. Not sure how much more discussion we are going to get at this point which is why I am trying to decide if I want to jump on this train before I am unvailable until after EOD. This seems to be the way we are going however.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 3 Vote Count:

8 - Dreyski (Psycho #965, Jarrod #969, Xanjori #1112, Dreyski #1157, Randolph #1159, THM #1160, Matthieu #1162, Future #1171)
1 - Claws (Val #1073)

Not Voting: Diva, MTR, Satsu, Morrison, Listo, Peter Griffin, Lettuce, Lora #1186

About 3 hours remaining in the phase.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Honestly a lot of people. Still really early in the game and we are still gathering info. Just looking back at things I am not as convinced as others on Dreyski. I can go that way because we need the lynch though. Just hate taking out fellow town especially when it looks like we have two teams and a neutral to worry about.
7bbenn.jpg

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I don't think it's impossible that Xanjori is scum, but I don't think he's Peeves. At least, if he is, it's pure coincidence and the night actions don't reflect that, because I feel like Moody amplified his action rather than allowed him to act twice. And again, I don't think the action separated by lines was an actual night action.

And I don't buy CWE's generic reasoning, especially when I think Xan's posts about Future were justified.

Speaking of Future, he seems a bit more quiet this game, but I also know that he was camping last weekend, and apparently he had strep. But also the private chat thing is  interesting because if an outside player made that chat, I don't know why specifically Future was paired with 3pups. If somehow 3pups initiated the chat like Future postulated, it would make sense.

I'd like to hear his response to me about the Dreyski wagon if nothing else.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Also, for reasons, I think Matthieu and Satsu are  probably clean. Or at least not Death Eaters/Alliance

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
3pups came in extremely confident on Badger. Claiming info, and even talking about his skill as a spreadsheeter.

I believe I brought that up earlier, and asked 3puppies directly. The explanation he had previously given had made sufficient sense to me. It potentially even makes a little more sense now that his role is revealed. I don't fault anyone for asking questions to 3p, and trying to understand what he was saying. But as he revealed it, it was a high percentage play. He obviously made a newer player mistake.

I understand how this set-up makes some people nervous, particularly if you've really never seen anything like it. This is going to rely on reads and associations. The scenario here is with now that we know what happened with 3 puppies, how would people react to that? It's looking at probabilities and tells at this point.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I don't think it's impossible that Xanjori is scum, but I don't think he's Peeves. At least, if he is, it's pure coincidence and the night actions don't reflect that, because I feel like Moody amplified his action rather than allowed him to act twice. And again, I don't think the action separated by lines was an actual night action.

And I don't buy CWE's generic reasoning, especially when I think Xan's posts about Future were justified.

Speaking of Future, he seems a bit more quiet this game, but I also know that he was camping last weekend, and apparently he had strep. But also the private chat thing is  interesting because if an outside player made that chat, I don't know why specifically Future was paired with 3pups. If somehow 3pups initiated the chat like Future postulated, it would make sense.

I'd like to hear his response to me about the Dreyski wagon if nothing else.
Any thoughts on Xan with mechanics last night?

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
3pups came in extremely confident on Badger. Claiming info, and even talking about his skill as a spreadsheeter.

I believe I brought that up earlier, and asked 3puppies directly. The explanation he had previously given had made sufficient sense to me. It potentially even makes a little more sense now that his role is revealed. I don't fault anyone for asking questions to 3p, and trying to understand what he was saying. But as he revealed it, it was a high percentage play. He obviously made a newer player mistake.

I understand how this set-up makes some people nervous, particularly if you've really never seen anything like it. This is going to rely on reads and associations. The scenario here is with now that we know what happened with 3 puppies, how would people react to that? It's looking at probabilities and tells at this point.
I actually thought for a while that he was claiming Marauder's Map and didn't intend to target me, hence his explanations about Badger changing form

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I think he probably targeted Badger with bus drive, and got confused when he saw Badger drink the potion without any other person in the write-up. I wondered if maybe he even targeted Badger and Blind Ninja and got it mixed up somehow.

Tough to say, but so many weird things happen in these games, it's easy to see how that could play out.

Claws

Mastermind
idk im more interested in sinking future he was all gung ho all its my house now and its peter'd off to nothing but shadowplay

Top Bottom