Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 2 - Wishes of Hogwarts

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Other ppl can go read and piece together, that it’s you, I’ve already done my research
A lot of role cards are published after games. You can read any of them.

Look at cwe's role, and then his stated rules about me and psych And why he didn't push me.

And then ask someone if what I'm saying makes sense.

Was this the big play you guys were waiting for when one of you got tracked?

Because if you had honestly believed it, why would you say sit on it unti people pushed you? Why the "guess you don't care"

The waiting until you were identified is the biggest distraction tell.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Hes not clean and right now kareem is saying mazer isnt clean either
If you look at Caito from N1, vote on mazer coming back into d2... looks like potential for deets.

Do we feel Drey is clean? I dont like the way yesterday ended

Just getting my sus list together

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
You'd guess Peeves or alliance based on last night. Could be a different play though.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
U keep teaming with him and it doesn’t look well in my books, I’ve gotten him down to either death eater or alliance
If multiple people got the same read from the NAs in the start of day post... doesnt mean they are teamed. Hell, they could all potentially be teamed as Order of the Phoenix. People do interpret the actions similarly as has been discussed on previous days after reading the writeups

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him

Randolph

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
he/him
Harr Potter had the audacity to challenge me to a duel in the middle if the night??

89e.jpg

And I put you in your place. Know your role and shut your mouth!

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Final Day 2 Vote Count:

13 - Badger (Matthieu #566, 3puppies #591, Future #605, Kareemah #631, PG #654, THM #659, Jarrod #681, Tildey #702, Psycho #846, Diva #851, Badger #869, Dreyski #879, Claws #887)

@The Homely Man asked me my thoughts about the train:
Known town - Badger & 3pups (+ known to myself, me)
Town lean - Matthieu, Future, THM, Diva, Claws
Neutral - Tildey
Null read - PG
Scum lean - Kareema, Jarrod, Psycho

3 scum on a 13-person train is rather low, but if town were going to misyeet, better to let them do it with minimal interference and have some metaphorical credit in the bank.

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Final Day 3 Vote Count:

13 - Dreyski (Psycho #965, Jarrod #969, Xanjori #1112, Kareemah #1157, Randolph #1159, THM #1160, Matthieu #1162, Future #1171, MTR #1204, Listo #1244, Satsu #1257, Diva #1260, Lora #1263)

2 - Xanjori (CWE #1132, Tildey #1161)
1 - Jarrod (Dreyski #962)
1 - Claws (Val #1073)
1 - Future (Claws #1202)
Compared with my vote:
Town lean - Randolph, THM, Matthieu, Future, Listo, Diva, Lora (Chaotic Good)
Neutral - Xanjori, MTR, Satsu
Scum lean - Psycho, Jarrod, Kareemah

So by my count there’s seven who were on both my and Badger’s trains (1 misyeet + 1 potential), and a number of my votes had, at best, spurious reasoning, or no reasoning at all.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
Feel like Jarrod is sus based on a couple things said... Might have to go find it again, but it felt like a TMI slip. Why is Jarrod clean? Or is he not clean yet?
There was no slip. This is information I'm getting is legitimate. As legitimate as it gets.

If you read the night write ups and think about how I've come to these information dumps and look at when then your big mafia brain should be able to put it together.

....or does he?

Also stop stealing my talking your scum identity in 3rd person gimmick.

If you start breadcrumbing sexiness, we're going to have an issue here.
Scum Jarrod definitely doesn't. Scum Jarrod barely posts and everyone has said this.

I've been breadcrumbing sexiness since my first game pal!

Claws

Mastermind
I’m wondering if these punishments for not voting/reaching majority are real:

Claws - brought back
Morrison -protected
Im thinking me comming back is because he just wanted to show ppl his rules and what happens i think morris "protection" is him losing a bpv

Claws

Mastermind
There was no slip. This is information I'm getting is legitimate. As legitimate as it gets.

If you read the night write ups and think about how I've come to these information dumps and look at when then your big mafia brain should be able to put it together.

Scum Jarrod definitely doesn't. Scum Jarrod barely posts and everyone has said this.

I've been breadcrumbing sexiness since my first game pal!
Breadcrumbing better burn this rule breaking heretic :ROFLMAO:

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I don't breadcrumb. That's stale. I leave a series of ingredients hidden in the landscape of your mind.

Plumb the depths of your psyche.....and then bake the cake.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Im thinking me comming back is because he just wanted to show ppl his rules and what happens i think morris "protection" is him losing a bpv
Cwe was protected and possibly BN from kill 1? Are you saying your difference was not due to role mechanics (in your view)?

And to an earlier point, given the Badger polyjuice and cwe death, I'm not sure how anyone would argue no night action tomfoolery.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Trust me you do not want to vote me, i have info on the death eaters but I’ve been wanting to confirm first but if that doesn’t matter then im taking a townsperson with me so good luck
I have been looking to see if there's anyway there could be bastardness or whether Diva could be launching a false claim against a new player (now that we're far enough along for it to feel less cheap).

But I can't get over a few things.

This post, where she says specifically that she's taking a townsperson with her seems like a frustrated, late in the day, slip.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Mazer is the one who killed Caito, Hermione never showed up on the write up so I figured it was related based on my spreadsheet, Caito has voted Mazer immediately after checking on him, there’s good evidence against him but I wanted to confirm, no one else seemed to notice and I’ve been waiting bc I didn’t want to call him out and look like scum but fuck it, I’m very positive I am right about this and anyone is free to double check if they don’t want to lose another townsmember
Vote: The homely man
This is the other one. She said she didn't want to call me out and look like scum.

If she was very positive, there's no way that you should worry about looking like scum for calling out a theory like that. Especially if you truly believe it would get you a good result.

But if you're thinking you'll lead a bad lynch, then you worry about how you're being perceived after.

Kareemah is newer, but obviously a cvery smart person. I think we just have a spot of someone getting cornered and making a few slips on their desperation play.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Since this is actually probably going to likely end up with me being a bigger target, my aggressive factor might need to go up.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Peeves targeting cwe twice, although he was already dead the second time, is interesting.

Cwe is a power player, so anyone could be a suspect. But the determination there would typically lead me to a rajah player.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
We should also be cautious based on queenie's write-up. They might not have anticipated dees, but you would guess that at least one person would have an agenda today.

Lora

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
they/them
@Val the Moofia Boss @morrison @Peter Griffin @llettuce More participation from you guys is needed

Any reads? We are days into with several writeups of actions in hand.

also, why @Lora did you not want to give all houses a bonus? And if it was going to fail, I knew it would have been you without looking at the thread.
Sport Fuck Them GIF by UFC

Lora

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
they/them
i only wish for my house to benefit. if everyone benefits, it hurts my house.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Okay so read through things last night but was not really in a good position to absorb and respond so trying to play catch up this morning and be active during the day. Just some thoughts on the night actions and then after I get a couple things done at work back to responding to the discussions at hand.

First off I am glad to see flips. Been a struggle without them.

Nice to see BN back in the game.

Grindelwald blocked Satsu

Filch protected Psycho

Filch then did same spell on Mrs. Norris and but it backfired and killed CWE. This is interesting because he has magic and is happy but then it backfires which is to be expected from him but killing CWE was unexpected.

Harry lost dual Randolph. Not sure what is going on with this duals.

Dumbledore hid behind me.

Nagel bus drove Dreyski and Mazer.

Draco protected himself somehow?

Mad Eye boosted Kareemah

Lucius did something to Satsu but not sure what.

Map tracked kareemah

Fred hid behind Kareemah

Dobby protected me

Queenie bet on something. Not sure what that is about

Snape chatting with people again?

Voldemort picked three people and did some actions to them. Xan was boosted or amped or whatever. Not sure what happened to Morrison. Block? Vanilla? Lora was saved from being killed.

And now a basilisk is loose thanks to Tildey.

Okay so just some generic thoughts on things. Probably repeated things people have said but just wanted to get my thoughts to paper.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
I'm not sure what to make of the basilisk. I know they petrify people but I wonder if that'd happen as a day event or night event? Would it be permanent or temporary? It could very well just be flavour to make us paranoid, even.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Blind Ninja back at the cost of a town Badger, hope that doesn’t cost us…can’t think why Caito is still ???
Reads as Voldemort chose three targets, and randomised their effects.
So Death Eaters have a ON kill and the Alliance EN, but it looks like other powers can be used as and when.
Looks like Caito was a cannibal kill so that is why still no flip.
Yeah looks like both sides have things they can do both nights but they alternate the kill.

ForgottenHold

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I'm not sure what to make of the basilisk. I know they petrify people but I wonder if that'd happen as a day event or night event? Would it be permanent or temporary? It could very well just be flavour to make us paranoid, even.
Could it be a certain word or action we have to do? like self voting?

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 4 Vote Count:

5 - Kareemah (Diva #1309, Matthieu #1323, Xanjori #1324, Future #1336, Jarrod #1346)
1 - Morrison (Claws #1296)
1 - THM (Kareemah #1369)

Not Voting: MTR, Dreyski, Val, Tildey, The Homely Man, Satsu, Morrison, Listo, Lora, Peter Griffin, Randolph, Lettuce, Blind Ninja

With 21 players alive, majority is 11 votes on a single player.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Ill point put again morri survived x2 attacks and still lives..

Two? I am trying to go through things again and respond to people. I don't remember two attacks on Morrison. What was the first? The second one was at the end of last day phase I believe

Claws

Mastermind
Two? I am trying to go through things again and respond to people. I don't remember two attacks on Morrison. What was the first? The second one was at the end of last day phase I believe
He got wacked by vk statue and voldmort

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
i only wish for my house to benefit. if everyone benefits, it hurts my house.
Fair enough but because you were a dick you were made it a target it would seem and you wasted your protection. So maybe you did more harm than good to you and your house. Just saying

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I can get behind it just being something to make us paranoid.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
He got wacked by vk statue and voldmort

Yes he was attacked by Voldemort and he was affected somehow. Looks like Lora survived being killed in that situation and the other two were actually affected somehow.

Claws

Mastermind
Depends on the mod but that seems to be generally how a hider works and how it has worked in the past in various games I have played in.
Thats kinda it im pretty sure vk does it that way

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Depends how VK sees the set-up I guess. Obviously they were healed in the book, once they were able to craft the candidate. But since VK is a dirty flavor heretic, who already introduced resurrections into the world of Harry Potter, we can't be sure how bound is he to rules of the universe. Or even the rules of common decency.

But now I am paranoid about the basilisk having a day action. So thanks for that stressor.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Im still curious how can kareemah be scum if fred hid behind her and didnt die?
I know this opens possibilities for me, but let's make sure we look at this accurately. Vk and I had a long conversation in Super mafia kart where I was the hider, and he didn't know it yet. I was breadcrumbing out for when I eventually died hiding behind someone, we'd be able to clear the inactives I was validating and know who killed me. He thought it dying if it hid behind any scum made it too OP.

So, my assumption has been the default hider set-up for any hider and not the more powered one. Could be wrong. But at least he was really clear about how he felt about the all scum thing.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
The only die if hiding behind someone performing a successful kill is also the default set-up on all my games. So anyone who has played my games, or has a copy of my gamerunner notes would have that.

Claws

Mastermind
Id assume this push would look superbad on you if she flips town and i doubt you doin that to yourself

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
On the hiding thing. IIRC the last time I had it it was if I hid behind someone that had a kill I'd die.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Id assume this push would look superbad on you if she flips town and i doubt you doin that to yourself
Lol.....It would be a weird thing for me to try to set-up.

Diva claimed dees. From this one, i can actually see how it would work based on the write-up.

And I did try to ask myself if there was any 3pups potential or false claim potential here. I do have a moment of worry about Queenie's write-up. I guess I just think that would be a weird way for Diva to want to false claim. And because of what I see as a strategy with some slip-ups in those posts I quoted, this feels like a high percentage shot.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
As it stands according to the writeups - three different characters visited Kareemah on N3. Including Fred, who hid behind Kareemah. Yet in N1's writeup Fred was shown using a different ability on Listo.

Which suggests to me that Fred isn't specifically a hider.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I would assume vk would probably run the same base set for a joat hide, most likely?

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
As it stands according to the writeups - three different characters visited Kareemah on N3. Including Fred, who hid behind Kareemah. Yet in N1's writeup Fred was shown using a different ability on Listo.

Which suggests to me that Fred isn't specifically a hider.
I’m thinking either JOAT or maybe masons with George and a shared list of 1x abilities.

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
The only die if hiding behind someone performing a successful kill is also the default set-up on all my games. So anyone who has played my games, or has a copy of my gamerunner notes would have that.
Courage the cowardly dog can confirm.

Vote: Kareemah

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
A hider who dies just hiding behind scum is useful as an investigating role, so long as they are obvious about who they are targeting (or the other players can work it out). That’s how Rip used to play the role when it was given to him.

Lora

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
they/them
Fair enough but because you were a dick you were made it a target it would seem and you wasted your protection. So maybe you did more harm than good to you and your house. Just saying
you know what they say when you make assumptions :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
you know what they say when you make assumptions :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
That you've engaged in a process that is nigh involuntary given the workings of the human brain, but where it is possible for one to improve with a combination of intelligence and developed reasoning strategies?

That was my first thought. But I didn't want to just make an assumption.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him

Badger just seemed so dam scummy. At one point he posted the same gif four times in a row and it seemed like he was trying to derail the thread like caught scum.
I dont like the tone of this post, normally in my experience people that try to explain why they lynched town are actually scum.

It seems that Diva is a TPR who caught Kareemah visiting someone who got hit by an NK or scum night action? That seems to be the lynch today. If Kareemah flips town then we can look at Diva, or perhaps other information will come to light tomorrow.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I have a 3-day game jam that just started today, so I'm probably not gonna be around much. But I got my spreadsheet filled out finally and Satsu is pretty much always town at this point. Lora, Xan, and morri are most likely not red since it looks like Voldemort picked his targets, and Blind can't be red either. Only way they could be is if Fred and George Weasley are one character and we're missing a red.

Randolph is still not red.

Purple is pretty open at the moment.

Also, Caito is crossed off a lot of characters so far, and I'm assuming the official death with no flip confirms there was a cannibal kill

Also, the info should be pretty obvious

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I also think it would be good to look back at how people reacted around the Badger wagon with him confirmed as town now, and I think it's probably best to treat it as Caito was town based on the spreadsheet.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
It seems that Diva is a TPR who caught Kareemah visiting someone who got hit by an NK or scum night action? That seems to be the lynch today. If Kareemah flips town then we can look at Diva, or perhaps other information will come to light tomorrow.

So in the other 3 days of gameplay, do you have any other reads/opinions...

Nearly everyone has said/seen/agreed with the fact that Kareem has been caught. Anything else you care to contribute? or ask to other players?

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
I dont like the tone of this post, normally in my experience people that try to explain why they lynched town are actually scum.
I don't like the tone of this post, normally in my experience people that try to accuse Town Jarrod of being scum are actually scum.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker

I'm not sure I can add anything else on today's read.

The thing to keep in mind on the past reads to identify scum, you have to look at where there's certainty. On a normal read, they won't know who's on the other team. So even a good read on someone who is dirty, doesn't rule them out for one.

As well-I agree with most of Psych's spreadsheeting, but am not ruling out treachery for some characters where the flavor makes sense (filch, moody, etc). And of course there's going to be at least some bastardness in actions.

The account of wishes, particularly since Scum got one, is also a factor I'm considering.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Every game I worry about val. And every game I get told it's just val. And in fairness, that's usually what it is. but it can't always be.

So, I support BN in trying to get more info there.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante

I'm not sure I can add anything else on today's read.

The thing to keep in mind on the past reads to identify scum, you have to look at where there's certainty. On a normal read, they won't know who's on the other team. So even a good read on someone who is dirty, doesn't rule them out for one.

As well-I agree with most of Psych's spreadsheeting, but am not ruling out treachery for some characters where the flavor makes sense (filch, moody, etc). And of course there's going to be at least some bastardness in actions.

The account of wishes, particularly since Scum got one, is also a factor I'm considering.
I agree that Kareem is more or less a forgone conclusion... but with more then 24hrs left in the phase and several people not even checking in on the day or giving any true input to the thread, we have time before we need to drive home the hammer.

Your vote puts it at L-2, if I can count

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Also... these hidden rules, 4 can be presumed...

1. No reaching hammer results in a death... we saw the final person on the leading train bite the bullet, but revived to push home the importance of following the rules.
2. Voting for the mod results in a self vote... Is this a rule or do we feel void was just fucking with them?

MMO-C people... what were some other hidden rules in previous games? what else do we think could be out there that we need to navigate? Wasnt one not being able to say lurker?

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
A familiar green smoke filled the room as the statue of VoidKitten got larger and larger. Once the smoke started to dissipate, VoidKitten spoke. "Ah yet again my friends, this is becoming quite a trend. A word has been spoke and now another rule has been broken. But do not fear or shed a tear. For this rule does not have the depth to ensure someone has an early death. However, the person who had spoken the word, would do so no more.

VoidKitten raised his axe and a light surrounded Blind Ninja and once it faded, Blind Ninja's mouth was now missing.

The statue of VoidKitten went back to its pedestal and fell silent.

You may continue posting.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Vk truly is Umbridge with all these rules.

Does the truth hurt voidkitten? I'm sorry, but I must not tell lies.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I'm honestly not sure what BN did that's unique. Unless VK really hates double exclamation marks.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Oh wait no, if its one word I know what the fucking word is. Which is amazing lol.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
But I do agree with BN in that some people are playing while not really involving themselves in the conversation. How do others view these players? Will they shine in late game or is this a tell for them at all?

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Does anyone else feel like Peeves is just lurking in the shadows waiting to strike?

Top Bottom