Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 21- American Assassin

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
I think everyone's posted now
So who we voting?
(if you guys are just gonna go for a no elim, fine, I won't fight you but I do like information so I'm probably gonna vote someone)

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Vote Count:

MTR- 2 (Claws #46, Grumpycat #68)
Windward- 2 (BN #40, Val #79)
Morrison-1 (Void #33)
Robo- 1 (Robo #75)
Jarrod- (Winward #84)
Or maybe one of MTR/me will flip?
Vote: MTR
You can yell at me later for my vote, or vote me if you don't like it, cause at least you'll see a flip that way

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
I don't think I'll be here for the deadline cause I have a class to attend but most likely my vote's staying out of principle

MitchRapp

Scum Hunter
Vote Count:

MTR- 3 (Claws #46, Grumpycat #68, Winward #105)
Morrison-1 (Void #33)
Robo- 1 (Robo #75)
Sleep- 1 (Matthieu #90)

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Actually practice got cancelled so I'm free
D1 is usually pretty uneventful but I'm around to chitchat if there's anything to discuss

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Actually I feel bad voting MTR because it's very unlikely we would be in a situation where he's scum and town just happens to vote park on him before end of day, I changed my mind (sort of)

Unvote:

MitchRapp

Scum Hunter
Vote Count:

MTR- 2 (Claws #46, Grumpycat #68)
Morrison-1 (Void #33)
Robo- 1 (Robo #75)
Sleep- 1 (Matthieu #90)

MitchRapp

Scum Hunter
Mitch Rapp hustled down the hall of his home on the East Chesapeake Bay. “Where are you going this time?” Anna asked. Though she was the NBC White House Correspondent her questioning was a personal one.

“We’ve been over this, I cannot tell you what I am doing.”

“At least tell me where, we have been together for a year now and I at least deserve to know where you will be,” she pleaded.

“I don’t know yet,” he replied. “Thomas just told me to get in as quickly as possible to be briefed.” He felt bad lying to her but this wasn't an all out lie. He didn't know exactly where he was going but he had a pretty good idea. Things had been flaring up in the Philippines with the terrorist organization Abu Sayyaf and there had been rumors of other assassins who had been mobilized with a bounty on his head.

It is now Night 1. All Roles are due by 10:30 am Central on Monday Morning.

MitchRapp

Scum Hunter
Jane and Tom Hoffman had been working as a pair for years. Working as a couple had its advantages. No one was looking for a pair, and rarely were they looking for a female assassin. If one of them got the drop the other could swoop in from behind. That was the case tonight. While Jane sat and flirted with Claws at the bar Tom sat outside in a blue unmarked van. When Jane asked Claws to come back to her place Claws jumped at the opportunity. As soon as the two of them stepped out of the door Tom pulled up in front of the building and Jane smacked Claws at the base of the neck with her Glock 17. As Claws began to fade they stuffed him into the back of the van. No one would see Claws the rest of the night.

Meanwhile on a boat moored just off the coast of St. Thomas Prince Omar was throwing an opulent party with all the alcohol, drugs and women a man could want. Winward had been a guest of the Prince and wouldn't be getting anything else done tonight.

Thomas Stansfield, Director of the CIA, used his powers and sent a surveillance van to pay GrumpyCat a visit. GrumpyCat knowing the CIA was looking closely at him was forced to lay low for the night. He would not accomplish anything.

Paul Fournier, France’s General Directorate for External Security, snuck quietly into Winward’s home and quietly went through all of his things. He now knew where Winward’s allegiances were.

Ben Friedman, the Director of Mossad, set out to investigate his prime suspect. The stake out went through the night but Friedman was unable to find his target.

David sat quietly behind a newspaper in the French cafe. The Palestinian Operative was known by only one name. Somedays, even he struggled to recall his given name. He had been watching Mazer all day. Or rather, watching everything but Mazer; keeping an eye out, making sure no ill will would befall him. It was getting late and Mazer was leaving the restaurant across the street. David was hoping Mazer would be going back to his hotel, he was ready for some shut eye himself. David finished his glass of red wine and started to follow at a safe distance. Up two blocks ahead Mazer disappeared into a cab. “No problem,” he was only a few blocks from Mazer’s hotel.

David stopped for a cigarette. He decided to cut through a back alley and that is when it happened. David never saw it coming. A hand was placed tightly over his mouth and the knife was plunged into his voice box so deep that it cut deeply into his spine. Unable to scream, his assailant dropped Val to the ground. As Val laid there on the ground, her world quickly fading, she wondered where she had gone wrong.

Val has been assassinated. He was David- Palistine Operative and the town doctor.

1. CWE
2. Robozerim
3. puppies
4. Mazer
5. Listo
6. Matthieu
7. MTR
8. WindwardAway
9. morrison
10. VoidKitten
11. Jarrod1983
12. Grumpycat
13. BN
14. Claws

14 Remain, 8 to reach a majority. 46 hours. 8:30 am Central time on Wednesday. (Bumping it up 2 hours to avoid conflict I have Wednesday. This will allow me to get everything out on time)

Last edited:

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Tell me why Claws or Winward isn't scum from that writeup at immediate first glance?

Unless we think scum holstered their kill or a color is wrong?

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
It looks like 3 roleblocks.

Town blocked Windward and Claws

Scum blocked GC

One scum action shown. Like at all. Not even a hint at a beginning of writeup for a super action.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I would assume scum would attempt to kill. So either it was blocked or the David kill isn't a vig kill and is scum's kill.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
...actually not sure if that's a jail or a roleblock on me but it doesn't really matter imo

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Also I'm surprised names are used in the writeup, I thought it was always just flavor names

I'm not complaining, though

MitchRapp

Scum Hunter
Isn't this the game where green is scum and red is town? Or am I mixing things up?
To clarify my coloring:
Green- Uniformed Town
Yellow- Neutral
Purple- Players who have not had their side identified
Red- Informed Mafia, they just happen to be the "good guys" in this story.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
I am still hella confused by this writeup but I acknowledge that it's likely because my brain is fried, I just got off from work

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
To clarify my coloring:
Green- Uniformed Town
Yellow- Neutral
Purple- Players who have not had their side identified
Red- Informed Mafia, they just happen to be the "good guys" in this story.
Ooh, thanks! I completely misunderstood that earlier lol, that's my bad

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
What is the action that was used on Claws, it looks like a hide action but usually it's a hider who hides themselves, not someone else who hides them, right?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Looks like 2 scum actions (assuming ninja) and 6 town?

I still don't hate the roleblock thought as a focus area.

Claws

All-Knowing
I read mine as a jail and a rb on winward /shrug

Some crazy town put a gun to my head and wished me away

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I'm wondering if this is a scum team that shoots their load or plays overcautious.

Claws

All-Knowing
Cat Kittens GIF

Claws

All-Knowing
At least wine and dine me before stuffing me in the trunk no standards nowadays

Claws

All-Knowing
It looks like 3 roleblocks.

Town blocked Windward and Claws

Scum blocked GC

One scum action shown. Like at all. Not even a hint at a beginning of writeup for a super action.
Could assume sum1 would d1 mass rb I suppose but I also find it weird there's only one another thought would be 1 ability to hide another's so only one showed up

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Ftr I think it was completely reasonable to block me since I was asking to flip someone yesterday, but I think I vote someone on D1 in every game? I know I've tried to do that before here but it's never well received.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Could assume sum1 would d1 mass rb I suppose but I also find it weird there's only one another thought would be 1 ability to hide another's so only one showed up
I kind of doubt it's a mass RB, I think maybe you're right and you were jailed, otherwise you got commuted out to basically the same effect, I got RB'd, and if yours was a commuterize then Grumpy was jailed.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Idk how a balance would be for this many players
If town has a lot of blocking actions, wolves probably have strongman/juggernaut, or maybe town has a macho who can't be protected
Or town has some KP and wolves have a doctor? Idk
One of the blockers was a wolf, though, right?

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Wait, actually, @VoidKitten why do the night actions make Claws and me mafia? What does the alignment of the visitor have to do with us?

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Oh I had a thought, the mechanics could be balanced around odd/even phase cycles

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Wait, Jane and Tom are masons who have a shared action?
Sorry I'm like super slow at putting the information together, but that's good because it means eventually someone might be conformable

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Oh, I missed the part where someone copped me lol
...why does that point to me being mafia?

Also, I feel like some of the actions in the writeup aren't that obvious because the flavor for Val's action looks like a watcher to me, but Val flipped doctor.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
I'm trying to make sense of Mazer's thing where he disappeared into a cab. Hiding? Or just fancy flavor for not being in need of the doctor?

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
I think MTR is the most likely to have blocked Grumpy last night, because Grumpy was joke voting him yesterday. It's a stupid thought but I feel like if wolves wanted a block target and didn't really have any idea where to look, they'd just pick someone who had gotten their attention during the day, and the only player Grumpy voted was MTR.

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
If they made him slip hes a doctor in 2 or so posts he made, i would be worried

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Nah val didnt do nothing. Its just cautious scum goibg for low profile targets that got lucky

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Val didn't say anything about their role, they came in and said they didn't realize the game thread was here, voted me, then said they didn't even mean to vote me back for my vote, they randomly picked me lol

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Val didn't say anything about their role, they came in and said they didn't realize the game thread was here, voted me, then said they didn't even mean to vote me back for my vote, they randomly picked me lol
Like I guess you could argue I wanted them dead for that but it was pretty trivial and also just humorous

Claws

All-Knowing
Val regularly just says nonsense or unrelated stuff he hasn't done weird claiming in awhile

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Wait, actually, @VoidKitten why do the night actions make Claws and me mafia? What does the alignment of the visitor have to do with us?
It wasn't the people doing it mostly. It was the fact there was only one red action listed. I didn't realize Val was the person who was killed. I thought David killed Val and thought a kill was blocked.

Since two people were blocked (3, but one by scum and they probably wouldn't block their own kill - hmm didn't check for a redirect so its possible but eh), i thought one of you was the killer.

But since it was a ninja kill, that theory was out the window hence why I unvoted on Claws.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
It wasn't the people doing it mostly. It was the fact there was only one red action listed. I didn't realize Val was the person who was killed. I thought David killed Val and thought a kill was blocked.

Since two people were blocked (3, but one by scum and they probably wouldn't block their own kill - hmm didn't check for a redirect so its possible but eh), i thought one of you was the killer.

But since it was a ninja kill, that theory was out the window hence why I unvoted on Claws.
Ah yeah, I also misread the Val writeup about 3 times before I understood it cause I looked closely at his flip lol

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Anyway, now you know who probably didn't go anywhere last night 🤷 kinda boring but it's whatever

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Out of curiosity, how is the writeup handled if a player is blocked but they still get their action through (like with a strongman or if the block gets cancelled out)?

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Out of curiosity, how is the writeup handled if a player is blocked but they still get their action through (like with a strongman or if the block gets cancelled out)?
Depending on mod, there will be info on it in the writeup for the type of kill. It may be vague. It may be obvious.

But if a player is roleblocked/jailed, their action should not appear in the writeup unless the jail/roleblock failed. Which in that case the jail/roleblock likely won't appear.

Hiders/commuters are treated differently and usually gets a could not find target response.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
A Val kill is likely from the MMO-C side of things as a first kill. It's typically a trend (whcih can easily be broken if people noticed) that the "loud" voice on the scum team usually aims to murder someone they know or interact with more.

That being said, Matthieu didn't kill Val N1 unless he was overruled.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
OK, thanks, I was just curious if it was possible to read something as a successful roleblock if it got bypassed

Ergo, I wanted to know whether the supposedly blocked players in the writeup could've performed a kill or not, but I guess it depends on the flavors.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
A Val kill is likely from the MMO-C side of things as a first kill. It's typically a trend (whcih can easily be broken if people noticed) that the "loud" voice on the scum team usually aims to murder someone they know or interact with more.

Who usually interacts with Val, is he good at reading someone in particular on this playerlist?

I have like no idea about a lot of player relationships here, still, so I'll stick with my dumb theory that MTR targeted Grumpy.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
OK, thanks, I was just curious if it was possible to read something as a successful roleblock if it got bypassed

Ergo, I wanted to know whether the supposedly blocked players in the writeup could've performed a kill or not, but I guess it depends on the flavors.
As a ninja kill no. If it was a strongman kill, you'd see the roleblock and the kill would still go off.

Mod may lump them together or keep them separate. I, personally, would keep it separate for RB/Strongman. But the kill flavor would hint at strongman.

In this case, it looks like a ninja kill happened based on "out of nowhere"

Claws

All-Knowing

Well didn't Val murder his a game or 2 ago

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Who usually interacts with Val, is he good at reading someone in particular on this playerlist?

I have like no idea about a lot of player relationships here, still, so I'll stick with my dumb theory that MTR targeted Grumpy.
Matthieu and Val are bffs. They only vote/kill each other as a last resort. But they won't argue against a kill if the team overruled or gave a good reason. Or well, they may argue, but not like stomp their feet :D

If there was a cop check, they'd vote/kill each other. But not before anything concrete.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
The action on Windward seems more likely to be a roleblock.
The one on Claws seems more likely to be a jail/commute
The one on Grumpy (scum) also seems like a roleblock.
Paul copped Windward (allegiances)
Ben was probably a tracker/watcher based on there being a cop check today. Could be rolecop too I guess.
David doctored Mazer

Scum Ninja killed Val

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him

Its more likely for mmoc players to target players that lived long in previous game and let those that died early live for a bit.
Val went to final 3 last game so for me as mmoc guy he would make a fair game.

Matthieu

Vigilante
In light of not having any direct suspects, I will repeat my vote towards the end of the day phase.

Vote: Morrison

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Thats not a rule but i could see someone from mmoc having a part in this

Top Bottom