Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 21- American Assassin

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Matthieu coming in minutes after I said he'd never vote/kill Val makes me 😅
Yeah lol

He didnt kill val though. And if his scum buddies were like.

We are going to ninjakill your pal while you watch from the corner. :dead:

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Yeah lol

He didnt kill val though. And if his scum buddies were like.

We are going to ninjakill your pal while you watch from the corner. :dead:
Tbf, it was probably whoever had the ninja power who made that decision lol
I'm not entirely sure why a ninja was necessary, though? Maybe it was a precaution

Matthieu

Vigilante
Matthieu coming in minutes after I said he'd never vote/kill Val makes me 😅
If I were going to do it then it would be to avoid throwing a game and that'd only be applicable in the late game rather than early on. Even then, I'd seek to avoid doing so.

Listo95

What the heck is a cannibal?
Nom Nom Eating GIF by Disney Channel

MTR

Godfather
Pronouns
he/him
I think MTR is the most likely to have blocked Grumpy last night, because Grumpy was joke voting him yesterday. It's a stupid thought but I feel like if wolves wanted a block target and didn't really have any idea where to look, they'd just pick someone who had gotten their attention during the day, and the only player Grumpy voted was MTR.
That is a bit tinfoiling don't you think. Grumpy is not really a surprise person to be blocked. I am sure people realize he can be a threat. I was a bit surprised by the Val kill and ninja kill at that or at least that is what it seems.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
That is a bit tinfoiling don't you think. Grumpy is not really a surprise person to be blocked. I am sure people realize he can be a threat. I was a bit surprised by the Val kill and ninja kill at that or at least that is what it seems.
Idk, nobody said anything about Grumpy being a threat so I am following my own opinion.

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I think it was called janitor on epic mafia.

Way it usually works here is that scum will have one person that gets some 1x killing tricks while others get normal kills.

Blind Ninja

Godfather
Well I didnt want to be awake yesterday, and now I get to be up all day starting at 4am. Lets take a look at actions and respond to whats already been said.

Blind Ninja

Godfather
Jane/Tom either Jailed or RB'd Claws. Wonder if this is 1 person or a mason.
Prince Omar Jailed/RB'd Winward
Thomas RB'd Grumpy
Paul checked Windward.
Ben tried to check someone (they were either jailed or Ben was blocked)
David watched Mazer

Then we get David being Killed by an unseen assailant.

Town having a Jail and RB seems normal
Scum having an RB is normal.
2 cop-ish checks from town. Paul seems like normal cop checking alignment/allegiance.
Watcher/Tracker for town.

Is this a ninja kill? or is it just the flavor, since these are all assassins?

Blind Ninja

Godfather
Wait, Jane and Tom are masons who have a shared action?
Sorry I'm like super slow at putting the information together, but that's good because it means eventually someone might be conformable
That is a theory. Could potentially be 1 player and just 2 names associated with them based on the character(s) in the books Mitch is basing this off.

Blind Ninja

Godfather
Out of curiosity, how is the writeup handled if a player is blocked but they still get their action through (like with a strongman or if the block gets cancelled out)?
If the action is blocked or person is jailed, you'd liekly not seen that persons action in the writeup

In writeup = it likely happened

Blind Ninja

Godfather
Who usually interacts with Val, is he good at reading someone in particular on this playerlist?

I have like no idea about a lot of player relationships here, still, so I'll stick with my dumb theory that MTR targeted Grumpy.
Id say a lot of the interactions with Val, at least early game, are trying to get him to add to the thread. Typically one of the quieter players.

Blind Ninja

Godfather
The action on Windward seems more likely to be a roleblock.
The one on Claws seems more likely to be a jail/commute
The one on Grumpy (scum) also seems like a roleblock.
Paul copped Windward (allegiances)
Ben was probably a tracker/watcher based on there being a cop check today. Could be rolecop too I guess.
David doctored Mazer

Scum Ninja killed Val
I dont really see this as a commute. Between top 2 town actions, 1 is likely a RB the other a Jail.

Blind Ninja

Godfather
Is ninja usually a limited-use modifier here, or a role itself?
Think that all depends on the game setup.

In a previous game, on MMO-C many moons ago.... Scum had 3-4 players that all had a signature kill, but they couldnt do it consecutive nights or had to use all before going back through the list.

For this, maybe its the role itself. Game is based on assassins. Or could be limited use (1x)

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Val was doctor david so its more like protect than watch.

And windward was more likely rb than jailed. If it was jail then copcheck would fail and not show in writeup i guess.

Blind Ninja

Godfather
I can see this. Down side of reading and responding shortly after waking up.
And windward was more likely rb than jailed. If it was jail then copcheck would fail and not show in writeup i guess.
While this may be the norm and likely scenario, we also dont know exactly how Mitch mods games, since this is his 1st here.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her

Oh right, I didn't even consider that the cop would fail lol
I had this question recently in a game on another forum and people were like "why would you assume that jail blocks incoming actions?"
Because I swear I see jailing processed differently on every forum I play on lol

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
There was a discussion here too.
Some say jail prevent someone from acting and stops all actions on them. Other version says it stops player from acting and protects them from death but other actions still work.

Blind Ninja

Godfather
Oh right, I didn't even consider that the cop would fail lol
I had this question recently in a game on another forum and people were like "why would you assume that jail blocks incoming actions?"
Because I swear I see jailing processed differently on every forum I play on lol

There was a discussion here too.
Some say jail prevent someone from acting and stops all actions on them. Other version says it stops player from acting and protects them from death but other actions still work.
Different mods do different things with Jail. Think the most common for Jailor is protects like doc, but blocks their actions. Some completely block others from acting upon the jailed target

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah and if cop got anything on you i suppose they would try to hint it by now.

MitchRapp

Scum Hunter
Vote Count:

MTR- 1 (Windward #168)
Morrison- 1 (matthieu #198)

Just under 24 hours to go.

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I know its not an auto clear, but its good enough for me atm.

And I think Windwards a girl, no?

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
I wouldn't clear myself this early either cause there's like nothing in the writeup that indicates I'm town
I got cop checked and blocked but like, I could have a strongman action, I could be a godfather, I could be anything 😏 (saying this from the perspective of if I saw those actions on someone else)

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Cause you guys are basically saying if I have a strongman I couldve still acted and it would mean my flavor is somewhere in the character names, and if I were a godfather there would just be no indication of it whatsoever, right?

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Cause you guys are basically saying if I have a strongman I couldve still acted and it would mean my flavor is somewhere in the character names, and if I were a godfather there would just be no indication of it whatsoever, right?
Oops, this was supposed to say "my flavor is somewhere in the character names in the writeup"

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Vote Count:

MTR- 1 (Windward #168)
Morrison- 1 (matthieu #198)

Just under 24 hours to go.
Um, second time asking this, but has Morisson posted at all? Or has that slot been completely silent? I pinged them yesterday at eod to try to get them in the thread to check in, but it was probably too close to deadline. Now, hasn't it been like a day and a half with no word from them?

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
I'll try to shut up for the rest of the day because I think it's going to be super annoying for you guys to ISO me otherwise

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Btw I'm not familiar with the flavor of this game at all, but I have a sneaky suspicion that there are probably flavor names in the OP that might just never show up in the writeup

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Or how are godfathers handled, do their flavors show up as green too? 😅
They show as red but cop will get town.

And strongman was a topic too. If they just bypass doc heal or they are unstopable.

Vote: Morisson

For encouragement.

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Btw I'm not familiar with the flavor of this game at all, but I have a sneaky suspicion that there are probably flavor names in the OP that might just never show up in the writeup
Yeah sure, this game was designed for 20 players.

But start of day writeups usually dont have fake names.

Depends on the mod you never know for sure.

Blind Ninja

Godfather
Dont think anyone is saying you are a strongman. People are saying how things could happen.

Blind Ninja

Godfather
Maybe I should just stop asking stupid questions

I'll try to shut up for the rest of the day because I think it's going to be super annoying for you guys to ISO me otherwise
Question, stupid to you or not, still add to the game. More then some. Id rather have someone constantly asking questions then sitting back and doing nothing.

And with this being Mitch's 1st game modding for us... we dont really know how he is handling things. We can assume itll be similar to how others doing it, with some tweeks for their style.

Keep the game engaged by being active.

MitchRapp

Scum Hunter
Vote Count:

MTR- 1 (Windward #168)
Morrison- 2 (matthieu #198, GrumpyCat #245)

22 Hours to go.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Yeah sure, this game was designed for 20 players.

But start of day writeups usually dont have fake names.

Depends on the mod you never know for sure.
Nah, other than the dead guy in the OP I believe all the names in the writeup are likely in the game.
I have other reasons for thinking some might not show up in the nightly writeups.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Question, stupid to you or not, still add to the game. More then some. Id rather have someone constantly asking questions then sitting back and doing nothing.

And with this being Mitch's 1st game modding for us... we dont really know how he is handling things. We can assume itll be similar to how others doing it, with some tweeks for their style.

Keep the game engaged by being active.
Yeah, I just... Don't want to flood the thread and then make people angry because I talk too much.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
I'm at a concert now, though, so you'll get a break from me for at least a little while :p

Claws

All-Knowing
Strongman can be roleblocked just it goes through typical protects like bpv or Dr ect it's a basic kill you use when you want som1 dead for sure but at no risk of getting blocked

MitchRapp

Scum Hunter
*** UPDATE ***

3 Puppies has requested a sub.

Future has joined and will be taking his place.

MitchRapp

Scum Hunter
Vote Count:

MTR- 1 (Windward #168)
Morrison- 2 (matthieu #198, GrumpyCat #245)
Future-1 (claws #258)

Blind Ninja

Godfather
If we have nothing else to go on or after... I can see hitting one of the lurkers. Keep the active people around til we have something one way or the other.

Vote: Morrison

MitchRapp

Scum Hunter
Vote Count:

MTR- 1 (Windward #168)
Morrison- 3 (matthieu #198, GrumpyCat #245, BN #266)
Future-1 (claws #258)

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
If we have nothing else to go on or after... I can see hitting one of the lurkers. Keep the active people around til we have something one way or the other.

Vote: Morrison
Now I am paranoid that if Morrison was scum he would be replaced and not 3pups ;<

MitchRapp

Scum Hunter
Vote Count:

MTR- 2 (Windward #168, Future #269)
Morrison- 3 (matthieu #198, GrumpyCat #245, BN #266)
Future-1 (claws #258)

Claws

All-Knowing
If I had a nickle everytime I pushed a quiet morri who was town I'd likely have 25 cents =D

3puppies

Lost Wolf
Just wanted to let everyone know that I requested to be replaced. Some personal issues have come up and I don't expect to be able to give this the amount of time it needs.

Blind Ninja

Godfather
Game feels slow... Little more then halfway through D2

Morrison - 0 posts
listo - 2 posts
Jarrod - 2 posts
Future - 3 posts (subbed in today)
Mazer - 4 posts
Robo - 5 posts
CWE - 8 Posts (0 with any words)
MTR - 9 posts
Matt - 11 posts

Matthieu

Vigilante
Yeah, it's very quiet. I'd like more people to cast a vote. We don't want a repeat of D1.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Matthieu and Val are bffs. They only vote/kill each other as a last resort. But they won't argue against a kill if the team overruled or gave a good reason. Or well, they may argue, but not like stomp their feet :D

If there was a cop check, they'd vote/kill each other. But not before anything concrete.
Absolutely. Makes it less probably. But I don't think Matt loses his mind if he's outvoted. But you go into it, with a slight minus on probability.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Just wanted to let everyone know that I requested to be replaced. Some personal issues have come up and I don't expect to be able to give this the amount of time it needs.
Best wishes in what you are going through, and I hope you get the best possible resolution in whatever you are currently experiencing.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I have decided I will not be voting for either of those 2 or matt today.

Welcome to the Mazer Manor for Protected Souls. Please be aware that space in this building is rented, not owned.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I'm ok with morrison getting the kibosh, barring him coming in with rationale.

I'd be less inclined to only run only one train without dees, because then we're just eliminating and not pressuring.

I do not know if this mod would kill inactives or no.

Top Bottom