Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 21- American Assassin

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Now you're gonna make me go read Mazer.
Tbf I agreed entirely with his readlist but that's why I didn't like it
He seemed to have a minor complaint about my posts but also threw me into his "wouldn't vote today" pile and never answered why Claws, BN and I were in that list but Grumpy was not.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, I'm also thinking alternating kills. I was just wondering if it points to an SK or if that usually happens when there's an actual team.
It could be either really. But I don't think a scum faction would have a targeted self protect like that. Assuming i read that action right.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
We know there are at least two red names. (from writeups, not RP even tho that probably would help if I felt like checking it all)

We know there are at least two yellow names.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
It could be either really. But I don't think a scum faction would have a targeted self protect like that. Assuming i read that action right.
Yeah it was some sort of BPV as I understood it, probably limited-shot, and Anna showed up in the writeup at the end of day yesterday as well so I believe it was actually a day action. But that's why I was wondering if there was some sort of team between a self-protect and a kill from the yellow names

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
We know there are at least two red names. (from writeups, not RP even tho that probably would help if I felt like checking it all)

We know there are at least two yellow names.
Actually... There's only one red name, same guy seems to have blocked Grumpy twice.
...any chance red is 3p and yellow is scum?

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah it was some sort of BPV as I understood it, probably limited-shot, and Anna showed up in the writeup at the end of day yesterday as well so I believe it was actually a day action. But that's why I was wondering if there was some sort of team between a self-protect and a kill from the yellow names
Oh you are totally right. I completely missed that Anna was at the EoD yesterday. I read that but didn't associate the names.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Weird targeting, though. My guess is that the red team might be after someone specific so that's why the block repeated on grumpy, and the yellow team is the main scum faction.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Jane and Tom Hoffman had been working as a pair for years. Working as a couple had its advantages. No one was looking for a pair, and rarely were they looking for a female assassin. If one of them got the drop the other could swoop in from behind. That was the case tonight. While Jane sat and flirted with Claws at the bar Tom sat outside in a blue unmarked van. When Jane asked Claws to come back to her place Claws jumped at the opportunity. As soon as the two of them stepped out of the door Tom pulled up in front of the building and Jane smacked Claws at the base of the neck with her Glock 17. As Claws began to fade they stuffed him into the back of the van. No one would see Claws the rest of the night.

Meanwhile on a boat moored just off the coast of St. Thomas Prince Omar was throwing an opulent party with all the alcohol, drugs and women a man could want. Winward had been a guest of the Prince and wouldn't be getting anything else done tonight.

Thomas Stansfield, Director of the CIA, used his powers and sent a surveillance van to pay GrumpyCat a visit. GrumpyCat knowing the CIA was looking closely at him was forced to lay low for the night. He would not accomplish anything.

Paul Fournier, France’s General Directorate for External Security, snuck quietly into Winward’s home and quietly went through all of his things. He now knew where Winward’s allegiances were.

Ben Friedman, the Director of Mossad, set out to investigate his prime suspect. The stake out went through the night but Friedman was unable to find his target.

David sat quietly behind a newspaper in the French cafe. The Palestinian Operative was known by only one name. Somedays, even he struggled to recall his given name. He had been watching Mazer all day. Or rather, watching everything but Mazer; keeping an eye out, making sure no ill will would befall him. It was getting late and Mazer was leaving the restaurant across the street. David was hoping Mazer would be going back to his hotel, he was ready for some shut eye himself. David finished his glass of red wine and started to follow at a safe distance. Up two blocks ahead Mazer disappeared into a cab. “No problem,” he was only a few blocks from Mazer’s hotel.

David stopped for a cigarette. He decided to cut through a back alley and that is when it happened. David never saw it coming. A hand was placed tightly over his mouth and the knife was plunged into his voice box so deep that it cut deeply into his spine. Unable to scream, his assailant dropped Val to the ground. As Val laid there on the ground, her world quickly fading, she wondered where she had gone wrong.

Val has been assassinated. He was David- Palistine Operative and the town doctor.

1. CWE
2. Robozerim
3. puppies
4. Mazer
5. Listo
6. Matthieu
7. MTR
8. WindwardAway
9. morrison
10. VoidKitten
11. Jarrod1983
12. Grumpycat
13. BN
14. Claws

14 Remain, 8 to reach a majority. 46 hours. 8:30 am Central time on Wednesday. (Bumping it up 2 hours to avoid conflict I have Wednesday. This will allow me to get everything out on time)
Yeah there's no name in red here so that makes me wonder

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Anyway. You guys who keep blocking me, I'd recommend you go and block someone else, but it's up to you. I'm not gonna be mad if you block me again but it'll be a bit frustrating since I know you *could* target scum instead of wasting every night on me lol.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Anyway. You guys who keep blocking me, I'd recommend you go and block someone else, but it's up to you. I'm not gonna be mad if you block me again but it'll be a bit frustrating since I know you *could* target scum instead of wasting every night on me lol.
Hey, a jail is part protect. Maybe they thought you were worth saving!

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
I wonder if Ben is a watcher or tracker who keeps getting no result on his target

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Godfathers exist.
Yeah and that's fine, but if someone is copped and nobody seems to be voting them for the day, is your first suspicion immediately that they're a godfather and not literally anyone else who hasn't been copped?

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
I feel like you guys are just gonna end up voting me out because there have been no kills from red and I've been blocked for two nights lmao

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah and that's fine, but if someone is copped and nobody seems to be voting them for the day, is your first suspicion immediately that they're a godfather and not literally anyone else who hasn't been copped?
You clearly haven't met my level of paranoia.

But, if it is a jail, I think the protect aspect is more likely then. You were copped, no one came for your throat, you may be a good egg and worth protecting.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
At this point I'd rather at least do that and flip than not vote anyone out

I'm actually worried Morrison is lurker scum because we couldn't even vote him out yesterday, it felt weird

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
At this point I'd rather at least do that and flip than not vote anyone out

I'm actually worried Morrison is lurker scum because we couldn't even vote him out yesterday, it felt weird
I agree. I was kinda upset by that when I actually checked the thread at like 8pm my time yesterday lol.

I should have been around, but the lack of getting a yeet on morrison felt eh.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
I agree. I was kinda upset by that when I actually checked the thread at like 8pm my time yesterday lol.

I should have been around, but the lack of getting a yeet on morrison felt eh.
My thoughts are like, if Morrison is LHF town, we probably would've flipped him
But since people actually did check in before eod and not vote, he's more likely scum.
The thing that throws a wrench in that read is that Jarrod and Listo both checked in to save themselves and didn't vote, but Listo flipped town now.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Normally its 3puppies who does this spreadsheeting, but maybe I can try to cobble together a list here and see what we are working with.

If I get time :D

It sound scummy. I know. It is what it is lol

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Mainly because they are making the same stupid errors trying to read things as fast as I am and it feels pure :D
After I gave an entire speech about not wanting to get derp cleared for stupid reasons, I should follow my own advice and read before posting lol

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
After I gave an entire speech about not wanting to get derp cleared for stupid reasons, I should follow my own advice and read before posting lol
Yup. I haven't played with you much and can't even remember what alignments you were when i modded and we played, but I feel like you'd plan your posts slightly more when scum, especially as someone trying to control the narrative (if you were scum since you're posting and present)

Complete feel read. I can't wait till I'm wrong :D

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Anyway, back to making my point about Mazer. He gave a list of people he wouldn't vote out, didn't include Grumpy, didn't answer my question about why that was (or maybe he didn't see it), and then after making a list of no-vote players, he didn't vote. 🤷

Whats the point of listing who you won't vote if you're not gonna vote at all? Just seems like busy work.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Yup. I haven't played with you much and can't even remember what alignments you were when i modded and we played, but I feel like you'd plan your posts slightly more when scum, especially as someone trying to control the narrative (if you were scum since you're posting and present)

Complete feel read. I can't wait till I'm wrong :D
I've never played a scum game here iirc

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Also I wouldn't need to control the narrative if half the town is apathetic and lurking

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Anyway, back to making my point about Mazer. He gave a list of people he wouldn't vote out, didn't include Grumpy, didn't answer my question about why that was (or maybe he didn't see it), and then after making a list of no-vote players, he didn't vote. 🤷

Whats the point of listing who you won't vote if you're not gonna vote at all? Just seems like busy work.
I actually didn't like his intro at all this game when I ISO'd it.

Again, meta read, but the way he played is completely different to how he normally plays D1. Like literally every previous game is different than this one.

Again, I don't know what alignments he was offhand those games because I don't really buy into the whole reading old games in depth or using it to prove a point, but he is off.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Also I wouldn't need to control the narrative if half the town is apathetic and lurking
If anything, you would be able to assume that town is active and scum is lurking if I'm scum, because of the game state
So I'd basically have no reason to try to kill Morrison because he's great WIFOM cover if town and he's my partner if scum, in that state

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I would be okay with Mazer.

I'm putting this here tho. I want to pressureeee (which really means shit since there won't actually be pressure since no one is here :D)

Vote: Blind Ninja

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
If anything, you would be able to assume that town is active and scum is lurking if I'm scum, because of the game state
So I'd basically have no reason to try to kill Morrison because he's great WIFOM cover if town and he's my partner if scum, in that state
I know it's kind of odd I sound like I'm making a read on myself but this is kind of how I view active players who were voting Morrison yesterday. Would count BN and Claws for sure, possibly also Matthieu, and I think none of them would be partnered with Morrison.

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I feel like you guys are just gonna end up voting me out because there have been no kills from red and I've been blocked for two nights lmao
1. I think MitchRapp is mafia GF.
2. He didnt show so far.
3. Windward and me were roleblocked twice.
4. Windward got copped but what would be GF.
5. You could tinfoil one of us is Mitch.
6.. .....
7. Nope

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
2. He didnt show so far.
6.. .....
7. Nope
MitchRapp being a GF actually does make sense lol

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
I've kind of cooled on the second roleblock since jailing/commuting/hiding as a protection actually makes sense, and I think on Claws too on N1, but then I kinda have to wonder why there wasn't some form of protection on Grumpy since the mafia roleblock or whatever seems like it went straight through on him.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
@Listo95
@Jarrod1983

Considering starting a countertrain on one of you. In 2000 words or less, please tell me why I should not try to kill you.
Mazer pings Listo and Jarrod to ask why he shouldn't kill them, they both respond but Morrison never does, and then Mazer doesn't vote??

Sorry if I'm confbiasing but it makes less and less sense the more I look into it.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
2. He didnt show so far.
6.. .....
7. Nope
Thank you for succinctly putting together my thoughts when I said blocks are important.

I really need to look at names.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Gasp! We have a grumpy cat, we have the one I dubbed a hot headed one...we have voidcat....

We get a few more and we can have a seven dwarves themed cat troupe.

Now it's time for what you've all been waiting for! It's the DIE OF FATE! With 20 people alive, it's actually perfect with my d20!

Wait.....the list going up to 20 is a lie, there's fifteen people! And the 12 I rolled doesn't have anybody associated with it! Damnit, I need to fix the list first! In alphabetical order, of course.

1) 3puppies
2) Blind NInja
3) Claws
4) CWE
5) Grumpycat
6) Jarrod1983
7) listo95
8) Matthieu
9) Mazer
10) MTR
11) Morrison
12) Robozerim
13) Val the Moofia Boss
14) WindwardAway
15) Voidkitten

There, fixed. And 12 is myself. That hasn't happened in awhile.

Vote: Robozerim
@Robozerim you were silent yesterday, and the last thing you did was vote yourself on D1. How's it going, any thoughts?

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Notably, Jarrod and Listo posted once each on D1 and then Mazer pinged them. Robozerim posted a bit more but really didn't have much to say, then didn't post yesterday, and he was not included in Mazer's ping list.

Pet theory is now Mazer/Morrison/Robozerim, for post-game cred :p

(it's too early to bet the game on a wildcard association like that, but I'm putting the thought out there for discussion.)

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
If Anna is a neutral and activated a BPV, then VK is likely right that the neuts aren't teamed with each other since then they'd probably know they were the ones with a kill last night.

My guess is then that Anna is someone who's at least somewhat townread and unlikely to be killed for lurking or for looking suspicious.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
If Anna is a neutral and activated a BPV, then VK is likely right that the neuts aren't teamed with each other since then they'd probably know they were the ones with a kill last night.

My guess is then that Anna is someone who's at least somewhat townread and unlikely to be killed for lurking or for looking suspicious.
Man, I really crossed wires between unrelated thoughts there.

I meant likely to be killed for being towny, and unlikely to be left alone for lurking/looking suspicious

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Writeup Names:

Town:

Frank Wilson
Albert Rudin
Hank Clark
Jane and Tom Hoffman
Prince Omar
Paul Fornier
Ben Friedman
David
Abu Sayyaf
Samir Fahad

Scum:

MitchRapp
Thomas Stansfield
President Hayes

Neutral:

Anna Riley
Donatella Rahn

That equals 15 names and 15 players.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
OK I did a bit of lore digging and if Ben is looking for anyone in particular, it's likely Donatella.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Wait actually, I have played a scum game on this forum
It's the one where I subbed in for Matthieu in late-game, the Nintendo game that Psycho hosted.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
...I think scum knew there was a serial killer in play and just assumed that if they didn't see a neutral kill on N1, maybe it was Grumpy so they blocked him again lol

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
...I think scum knew there was a serial killer in play and just assumed that if they didn't see a neutral kill on N1, maybe it was Grumpy so they blocked him again lol
That makes me think why would scum want to roleblock sk anyway ;P Its quite clear i am not an sk so I dont mind but really ...

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
You know I would murder you immediately if I were scum. Immediately and without even feeling any remorse.
Why exactly? I am a terrilbe early game player theres really no point to kill me early :p

its ok , will take it as badge of honor.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Okie dokie.

So looking at that list, here are some comments followed by a sus list that is somewhat based on the list and feelers.

Taking the people locked out of most roles.

Grumpy, Blind Ninja, and Windward can only be Frank, Albert, or Hank on town. Mitch or Pres Hayes on scum. And Anna on neutral.

Claws can be the above with the addition of Donatella and Abu Sayyaf.

There is non-town in Grumpy, BN, and Windward.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
I would want to push (in order)

BN
CWE
Mazer

I feel like Claws leans more town, but the list makes him have some sus here. Windward I am less concerned with.

Not all of the above are scum, I don't think. But with the absence of any real info, this helps us narrow it down more.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Why kill if you can roleblock instead? 😏
Because he makes annoying comments about how im scummy and people tend to listen after a while. Easier to silence it.

Also, I know I said it to Future before but I think this is more apropos to you.

*You* better not betray me :p

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Okie dokie.

So looking at that list, here are some comments followed by a sus list that is somewhat based on the list and feelers.

Taking the people locked out of most roles.

Grumpy, Blind Ninja, and Windward can only be Frank, Albert, or Hank on town. Mitch or Pres Hayes on scum. And Anna on neutral.

Claws can be the above with the addition of Donatella and Abu Sayyaf.

There is non-town in Grumpy, BN, and Windward.
I think between Rapp/Hayes, one is godfather and the other is the ninja killer, right?

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
To put this in a way people like formatted better.

BN can be 3 town roles, 2 scum roles, or one neutral
Grumpy can be 3 town roles, 2 scum roles, or one neutral
Windward can be 3 town roles, 2 scum roles, or one neutral
Claws can be 4 town roles, 2 scum roles, or two neutral roles

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
I would want to push (in order)

BN
CWE
Mazer

I feel like Claws leans more town, but the list makes him have some sus here. Windward I am less concerned with.

Not all of the above are scum, I don't think. But with the absence of any real info, this helps us narrow it down more.
What about Robo and Morrison? I guess Morrison we really have no info on cause he hasn't posted, but Robo did post on D1 and went MIA after that.

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
Theoretically, Windward, Grumpy, and Claws are also locked out of one other scum role. Just not certain which.
Probably the ninja killer because we were all roleblocked and it was likely not both a ninja and a juggernaut at the same time, or whatever it is that goes through roleblocks

Nobody is cleared of being a godfather, and I think with 2 neuts we're probably looking at a scumteam of only 3.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
What about Robo and Morrison? I guess Morrison we really have no info on cause he hasn't posted, but Robo did post on D1 and went MIA after that.
I'm not even looking at just what they posted here.

They have significantly less odds of being a correct choice.

Morri is only locked out of 1 town role (list says 2 but thats a typo). Jarrod is only locked out of 1 town role.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
We have 3 town roles that never acted.

Either they are odd/even (no proof of this yet outside of kills maybe) or they were roleblocked or they didn't submit :)

WindwardAway

Godfather
Pronouns
she/her
I'm not even looking at just what they posted here.

They have significantly less odds of being a correct choice.

Morri is only locked out of 1 town role (list says 2 but thats a typo). Jarrod is only locked out of 1 town role.
Yeah but they're not locked out of ANY scum roles. Nor locked out of being serial killers.

Top Bottom