Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 23 - The Town of Rings

Matthieu

Vigilante
GIF by NETFLIX

I'm inclined to trust CWE.

CWE

Godfather
Pronouns
he/him
I'll be on and off all day. I'm in the process of making up for lost time. (aka getting so fucking drunk...)

Matthieu

Vigilante
Last time I got drunk I woke up in a bed in between my best friend and his girlfriend with them both asking to play with my willy. Be careful.

Val the Moofia Boss

Scum Hunter
Town's only hope to win is to lynch. Most of the time, those lynches are wrong, but you can't not lynch because scum are still going to kill until they win. The only hope to win is to lynch.

Val the Moofia Boss

Scum Hunter
It's like trying to find a woman, or sending out applications for a job. Yeah, it's demoralizing to swing and miss, but you can't not do that. You just gotta keep swinging.

FoS yesterday's no lynchers

CWE

Godfather
Pronouns
he/him
Town's only hope to win is to lynch. Most of the time, those lynches are wrong, but you can't not lynch because scum are still going to kill until they win. The only hope to win is to lynch.
In ToS...town can win with zero lynched. Likely? Hell no. Possible? Sure.

Blind Ninja

Godfather
While I agree with you assessment here, what did you do yesterday to help push a lynch one way or the other, aside from a vote? What reasoning did you bring to the table?

Blind Ninja

Godfather
Last time I got drunk I woke up in a bed in between my best friend and his girlfriend with them both asking to play with my willy. Be careful.
While you're here and not under pressure... what do you make of yesterday, aside from the situation with Mitch. Where is you mind on these people?

Matthieu

Vigilante
While you're here and not under pressure... what do you make of yesterday, aside from the situation with Mitch. Where is you mind on these people?
I reread the thread during the night phase and I'd say out of everyone, Llettuce is the most suspicious to me. I can't fathom what Mitch was trying to do but it's water under the bridge for now. Llettuce, however, was awfully insistent on trying to claim that she didn't like my reaction. Which would be fair enough, except Llettuce later switched over to...Mitch.

I already noted back on D1 that the timing was awfully convenient for Llettuce to show up with only a handful of hours remaining. Though to wade in on a scuffle with strong words and then back off anyway feels very opportunistic.

So barring other options and unless anyone has any solid leads to present my vote is going there today.

Vote: Llettuce

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I reread the thread during the night phase and I'd say out of everyone, Llettuce is the most suspicious to me. I can't fathom what Mitch was trying to do but it's water under the bridge for now. Llettuce, however, was awfully insistent on trying to claim that she didn't like my reaction. Which would be fair enough, except Llettuce later switched over to...Mitch.

I already noted back on D1 that the timing was awfully convenient for Llettuce to show up with only a handful of hours remaining. Though to wade in on a scuffle with strong words and then back off anyway feels very opportunistic.

So barring other options and unless anyone has any solid leads to present my vote is going there today.

Thats a solid case sir.

Vote: Lettuce

Caito

CWE Killer
So that I can understand things before I get started on my day, our leading thoughts are Llettuce due to when she was posting as well as a late switch, something about bread, and Psycho saying he knows something but wants to wait?

That got me caught up pretty well?

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I understand sleeping is off the table until infection problem is dealt with.

MitchRapp

Vigilante
I have to ask.

Mitch, were you being serious when you switched your vote to Psycho towards the end of the day phase and called him 'scummy' or was that just a joke?

This is a serious game of mafia. I would never joke around. Unless I was a jester, then it would seem apropos.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
And I'm gonna go ahead and out my info as I don't think there's much use to holding on to it now, especially considering I won't be around too much

I bugged Matthieu and he's infected

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
After some clarification, I guess Matthieu could still be the PB based on how my role works.

CWE

Godfather
Pronouns
he/him
If you are spy, wither PB hit Matthieu last night or you found the PB last night. I'll be able to tell you with 90% certainty tomorrow if it's a or b.

llettuce

nimbdrs
Pronouns
she/her

I switched the mitch in hopes of moving a lynch, didn't really want to lynch mitch but would rather hit something than nothing

Matthieu

Vigilante
And I'm gonna go ahead and out my info as I don't think there's much use to holding on to it now, especially considering I won't be around too much

I bugged Matthieu and he's infected
So does that mean you're infected too as a result of visiting me or does the 'spread' only occur on subsequent night phases?
If you are spy, wither PB hit Matthieu last night or you found the PB last night. I'll be able to tell you with 90% certainty tomorrow if it's a or b.
That'd be appreciated.
This is a serious game of mafia. I would never joke around. Unless I was a jester, then it would seem apropos.
Are you a Jester?
I still think ldg is famine fuckin with us this feels like a multi apoc game
Potentially, yeah.
I switched the mitch in hopes of moving a lynch, didn't really want to lynch mitch but would rather hit something than nothing
Why Mitch rather than, say, Val? He was also a target of interest back on D1. Or did you simply think Mitch was the only viable target at that point?

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
So does that mean you're infected too as a result of visiting me or does the 'spread' only occur on subsequent night phases?

That'd be appreciated.

Are you a Jester?

Potentially, yeah.

Why Mitch rather than, say, Val? He was also a target of interest back on D1. Or did you simply think Mitch was the only viable target at that point?
I'm trying to figure that out now, but if my read of how it works is right, I would only be infected if you were the Plaguebearer.

Were you informed that you were infected?

Matthieu

Vigilante
I'm trying to figure that out now, but if my read of how it works is right, I would only be infected if you were the Plaguebearer.

Were you informed that you were infected?
No, though I can confirm that we have a Socialite who targeted me last night.

Matthieu

Vigilante
If you're the Jester, just admit to it and we can find a mutually beneficial time to fulfill your win condition.

Apocaclaws

Scum Hunter
this dumb mf. im just stating a fact i didnt claim famine til i was about to explode as i was gunna get chopped but i wanted to go boom they all figured it out anyways if town all come out and sound plauisble you start yeeting the ppl that arent cooperating then move on to the town claims from most plauisble to least from the flips

MitchRapp

Vigilante
1. How do we know Matthieu is infected? What did @PsychoSoldier do that gave him this info.
2. If matthieu is infected there is a good chance he is patient zero and we should lynch him.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
You also realize that it's possible the Plaguebearer chose to infect Matthieu last night because he'd get a lot of attention, right?

I'm not saying he's clean, but without further evidence, there's just as much likelihood that he was infected last night as there is that he is the Plaguebearer

MitchRapp

Vigilante
You also realize that it's possible the Plaguebearer chose to infect Matthieu last night because he'd get a lot of attention, right?

I'm not saying he's clean, but without further evidence, there's just as much likelihood that he was infected last night as there is that he is the Plaguebearer
So at best its 50-50 that he is the Plaguebearer. I like those odds.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I'm not gonna pretend like my first thought upon realizing Matthieu could be Plaguebearer wasn't, "Maybe that's why he got so particularly upset about getting D1'd this time." But I'm not hopping right to assuming he's the Plaguebearer

Apocaclaws

Scum Hunter
i dont think he would be the pb i think he was so close yesterday this would give him that extra sus for the push i could be wrong im not apoc sadly

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
i dont think he would be the pb i think he was so close yesterday this would give him that extra sus for the push i could be wrong im not apoc sadly
I'm confused what you mean by this? Are you saying being defensive would have brought too much attention so that's not why he would be Plaguebearer?

I think that assumes Matthieu wouldn't have an instinctive reaction. Especially when you consider he was trying to use comparative logic to defend himself ("What about the other inactive/busy people?").

I don't really see how that makes him not the Plaguebearer at all

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Also, I caught up on the rest of Page 4 and llettuce seems more likely to be town imo. Don't see that as a good wagon at the moment.

Apocaclaws

Scum Hunter
I'm confused what you mean by this? Are you saying being defensive would have brought too much attention so that's not why he would be Plaguebearer?

I think that assumes Matthieu wouldn't have an instinctive reaction. Especially when you consider he was trying to use comparative logic to defend himself ("What about the other inactive/busy people?").

no im saying it was between mitch and grae and no1 wanted to swap and i feel this new "info" would push grae over mitch in the same case he very well could be PB or maybe mitch is apoc and the PB used it on grae to deflect off mitch i mean now the whole days gunna be about grae with your info and every1 else is just eh

Apocaclaws

Scum Hunter
another question would be is there another investigative which would make your spy claim extra spicy

GrumpyCat

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Boromir fits spy well. Bilbo seems like a tracker lookout type so its investigative too. Dont know what ringwraiths are, maybe its pb colored green to confuse.

Blind Ninja

Godfather
1. How do we know Matthieu is infected? What did @PsychoSoldier do that gave him this info.
2. If matthieu is infected there is a good chance he is patient zero and we should lynch him.
If Matt is infected and Psycho is also... we cant get ahead of this. Lynching Matt would only help us IF he is the PB.

From what I know/remember, people dont get told if they get bread or are infected... but i could be wrong. So I'd be more inclined to lynch psycho over matt for this.

Blind Ninja

Godfather

But how does it make him the PB?

Matthieu

Vigilante
Unvote: Llettuce
Vote: Mitch

I don't trust you, not in the slightest. We already know you don't have any solid evidence against me and you caused most of D1 to be wasted by your inane decision to tunnel me over having the courtesy to announce that I would be busy for a few hours (in addition to being in a completely different time zone to most players in the first place).

We also know that you don't genuinely believe me to be scum because if that were the case, you would've have moved your vote - but you did, switching to Psycho and Claws with little to no reason or elaboration.

Furthermore whenever people start trying to solve and approach the situation from various angles you barge in and seek to poison the well.

MitchRapp

Vigilante
No need for people to solve and approach the situation from various angles...I solved it for them day 1.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Id rather chop Psycho over Matt for the info
Where is the logic here? Just because you don't trust that I'm telling the truth? Because that doesn't make a ton of sense to me. Why would I claim what I did unless I was immediately trying to steer into a Matthieu lynch?

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
no im saying it was between mitch and grae and no1 wanted to swap and i feel this new "info" would push grae over mitch in the same case he very well could be PB or maybe mitch is apoc and the PB used it on grae to deflect off mitch i mean now the whole days gunna be about grae with your info and every1 else is just eh
I'm still lost. Are you saying him showing up as infected was framed? Like are you claiming I'm lying to set up Matthieu or that somehow he got a fake Infected modifier?

For what it's worth, I have a passive ability that makes it so my investigations can't be interfered with so one way or another, Matthieu is infected. Whether he's the PB or not is another question, but I don't see how what your saying at all prevents him from being the PB? As someone who doesn't even feel strongly about lynching him.

Top Bottom