Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 23 - The Town of Rings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blind Ninja

Godfather
I have stated my reasons for Matthieu.

-Posting "I am here but I will respond later" is a scummy move. In fact I did it last round and was immediately called out for it.
-Immediately returning the vote to me and stating that it was dumb to vote for him when others were not participating. Meanwhile he votes for me who is participating instead of following his own advice.
If that was your reason for voting Matt... you could have used the "trying to look like they're participating" for a number of people that checked in and didnt do much else.

People saying the vote reasoning looks weak on Mitch, but its D1... do you expect a strong reason?

Everyone could join me on Val who hasnt really done much, if anything, to move the game along.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
If Mitch dies and flips town, I'm crucifying every person who is using "This is how he played last game" as a reason to vote him

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
If that was your reason for voting Matt... you could have used the "trying to look like they're participating" for a number of people that checked in and didnt do much else.

People saying the vote reasoning looks weak on Mitch, but its D1... do you expect a strong reason?

Everyone could join me on Val who hasnt really done much, if anything, to move the game along.
I don't expect strong reasoning but there's literally no valid reasoning for Mitch other than "this is how he played last game"

Blind Ninja

Godfather
If Mitch dies and flips town, I'm crucifying every person who is using "This is how he played last game" as a reason to vote him
I mean, we could vote MTR or Val, who have done nothing to move the game forward.... I assume LDG, listo and Llettuce will eventually succumb to the mod at this point

Blind Ninja

Godfather
I don't expect strong reasoning but there's literally no valid reasoning for Mitch other than "this is how he played last game"
He seems very single minded focus... and his reasoning can be applied to more then 1 person in this game, but no mention of any of them... just solely Matt. Now im all for Matt being yeeted now and again, but the reasoning for his push is meh at best.

MitchRapp

Scum Hunter
In the games ive paid attention to, ive noticed little things... not completely the same each time, but similar enough to appear so
I mean I have been scum twice and early killed once if I am counting correctly. I have to change some things here and there to spice it up. It can't all be Office and Dumb and Dumber quotes.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I mean, we could vote MTR or Val, who have done nothing to move the game forward.... I assume LDG, listo and Llettuce will eventually succumb to the mod at this point
I mean, I'm not necessarily against this but I think MTR becomes more obvious after d1.

I could maybe vote Val but I softened on that last time I was here

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
He seems very single minded focus... and his reasoning can be applied to more then 1 person in this game, but no mention of any of them... just solely Matt. Now im all for Matt being yeeted now and again, but the reasoning for his push is meh at best.
I'm assuming at this point we're just gonna argue in circles because I don't really see this as particularly scummy yet. I get seeing the way it's worded by certain people/posts can stand out more than others who have said the same thing. I also think some of the others you could probably say that about are pretty NAI for it and Mitch has been around long enough that he probably has a sense of that.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
You know what, fine

Unvote: Matthieu

Vote: Mitch

Let's vote him and see who's right since y'all are scared to vote Matthieu

Blind Ninja

Godfather
You know what, fine

Unvote: Matthieu

Vote: Mitch

Let's vote him and see who's right since y'all are scared to vote Matthieu
Lol... I still feel Val is the better way to go, since he did something similar to Matt, but worse IMO.

Posted about activity, but didnt do shit to improve the activity. Literally came in complaining about something and doing nothing to change it. If thats not posting for a minimum and just making an appearance, I dont know what is.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Lol... I still feel Val is the better way to go, since he did something similar to Matt, but worse IMO.

Posted about activity, but didnt do shit to improve the activity. Literally came in complaining about something and doing nothing to change it. If thats not posting for a minimum and just making an appearance, I dont know what is.
I'll review once I have the chance to actually read the thread instead of responding to current posts. But it also seems like people are being sheepish about voting anyone other than Mitch and Matthieu

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

Mitch - 4 (Matthieu (#159, Apocaclaws #182, Psycho #311, Val #316)
Matthieu - 2 (Mitch (#157, MTR #269)
Caito - 1 (CWE #40)
Val - 1 (Blind Ninja #57)
Sleep - 1 (Caito #268)

Not Voting: LemonDemonGirl, Listo, llettuce, Grumpy #318

It is now Day 1. Day 1 will end at 8:00pm ET on Sept 19th or when majority is reached. With 13 players alive, majority is 7 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by end of day, there will be no elimination.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I also kinda like that Blind opted to stay on Val rather than taking the opportunity to switch to Mitch despite seeming fairly ok with Mitch being voted out

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
About 6 hours remaining in the day. Since this is Day 1, I am giving an extra nudge before EoD.

There are currently 3 players under the 10 post threshold.

Apocaclaws

Vanilla Townie
Discovery Channel Wow GIF by Discovery

Listo is working and when hes not its back to the delve mines

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
It could be worse...

@PsychoSoldier
You are town lover Mason.
You get to pick your parnter out of these 4. Rank them best to worst.
Virm, Doct, Dees, Skillshot.
4. Dees - I actually didn't play with him too much and think he'd probably be the most useless/least entertaining since he was usually pretty absent.
3. Virm - We actually use to vibe pretty well in mafia back in the day and I think at his best he would be fully game for playing the field for maximum information forcing.
2. Doct - Always had a soft spot for the guy and think he sometimes had good ideas that just needed to contextualized or reigned in. Would happily tolerate is nonsense.
1. Skillshot - I would sink myself to get lynched and kill him immediately

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I was gonna make another Dumb and Dumber joke but discretion is the better form of valor.

That said I would feel bad yeeting Val day 1 after railroading her last game as scum.
Val goes by him(last I knew)

If Matthieu wasn't an option, who would you be most interested in voting?

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

Mitch - 3 (Matthieu (#159, Apocaclaws #182, Val #316)
Val - 2 (Blind Ninja #57, Psycho #326)
Matthieu - 2 (Mitch (#157, MTR #269)
Caito - 1 (CWE #40)
Sleep - 1 (Caito #268)

Not Voting: LemonDemonGirl, Listo, llettuce, Grumpy #318

It is now Day 1. Day 1 will end at 8:00pm ET on Sept 19th or when majority is reached. With 13 players alive, majority is 7 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by end of day, there will be no elimination.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Barring some egregious change or different opinion when I catch up, I think Val and Matthieu are the only people I'll vote today

CWE

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
4. Dees - I actually didn't play with him too much and think he'd probably be the most useless/least entertaining since he was usually pretty absent.
3. Virm - We actually use to vibe pretty well in mafia back in the day and I think at his best he would be fully game for playing the field for maximum information forcing.
2. Doct - Always had a soft spot for the guy and think he sometimes had good ideas that just needed to contextualized or reigned in. Would happily tolerate is nonsense.
1. Skillshot - I would sink myself to get lynched and kill him immediately
The correct order.
:rofl:

Matthieu

Vigilante
You can call it what you like, it's blatantly obvious that Mitch was gunning for me for no reason. I said I was going to be busy due to a raid in WoW, that's literally it.

Matthieu

Vigilante
I'm genuinely confused, though. You can check the dead chat from the previous game for evidence of me raiding in WoW if you think I'm lying about it though it's a weird assumption to make given that a decent portion of this community is made up of MMO-C/WoW players.

I elaborated on my situation and Mitch doubled down. He's voting me for reasons unrelated to the game and when there's a player who hasn't shown up at all - Llettuce.

Who, incidentally, I am willing to switch to if people want to go there.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
@Matthieu did you have any intention of contributing more than just revenge voting Mitch now that your raid has finished? You made it seem as if you'd be pushing things forward, but you've seemed only focused on getting his vote off of you.

MitchRapp

Scum Hunter
You can call it what you like, it's blatantly obvious that Mitch was gunning for me for no reason. I said I was going to be busy due to a raid in WoW, that's literally it.

I'm genuinely confused, though. You can check the dead chat from the previous game for evidence of me raiding in WoW if you think I'm lying about it though it's a weird assumption to make given that a decent portion of this community is made up of MMO-C/WoW players.

I elaborated on my situation and Mitch doubled down. He's voting me for reasons unrelated to the game and when there's a player who hasn't shown up at all - Llettuce.

At no point did I say it was a lie. Its a scum move to have to log in to tell people you will be away for an hour.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him

I don't care that you're playing WoW or that your busy. I don't like the way you reacted to it and how despite saying you'd do more, your only focus was trying to convince Mitch not to vote you. That and your weird focus on trying to deflect to low/no-posters and instead of engaging with any of the other discussion going on related to the game.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Thoughts upon catching up:

-I kinda went back and forth on MTR catching up, but eh, he seems harmless so far and I kinda like that he didn't feel pressured to place a vote yet when Blind was badgering him about it.
-Claws gives me some bad vibes. Their thirst for killing Mitch feels more performative then it feels like loose cannon Claws, which I feel is more typical of his d1

@CWE have you given any thoughts on Val, Mitch, and Matthieu? If so, will you rehash it, and if not, will you give some now?

CWE

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Thoughts upon catching up:

-I kinda went back and forth on MTR catching up, but eh, he seems harmless so far and I kinda like that he didn't feel pressured to place a vote yet when Blind was badgering him about it.
-Claws gives me some bad vibes. Their thirst for killing Mitch feels more performative then it feels like loose cannon Claws, which I feel is more typical of his d1

@CWE have you given any thoughts on Val, Mitch, and Matthieu? If so, will you rehash it, and if not, will you give some now?
Of those 3...I'd hang Matthieu. He's on the list. :squint:

But we did that last game and the thing got restarted. I like my role this game, so I'll give him a day.

MitchRapp

Scum Hunter
Of those 3...I'd hang Matthieu. He's on the list. :squint:

But we did that last game and the thing got restarted. I like my role this game, so I'll give him a day.
Also of note. Last game he threatened to quit mafia when he was on the chopping block as town. This time no such actions.

Blind Ninja

Godfather
Also of note. Last game he threatened to quit mafia when he was on the chopping block as town. This time no such actions.
Matt does ATM with things like that occasionally. NAI for him. I wouldnt expect it from him every game or even frequently, but its been done more then once in the past.

But I do get it, he is generally an active poster/player and we have people that just sit back and do nothing and lurk to mid/late game. I dislike removing active people early and letting people go under the radar.

MitchRapp

Scum Hunter
Matt does ATM with things like that occasionally. NAI for him. I wouldnt expect it from him every game or even frequently, but its been done more then once in the past.

But I do get it, he is generally an active poster/player and we have people that just sit back and do nothing and lurk to mid/late game. I dislike removing active people early and letting people go under the radar.
I dislike letting removing people early and letting scum go under the rader but apparently that's just me.

Matthieu

Vigilante
@Matthieu did you have any intention of contributing more than just revenge voting Mitch now that your raid has finished? You made it seem as if you'd be pushing things forward, but you've seemed only focused on getting his vote off of you.

I would have had more to say if I wasn't left defending myself against pointless votes when there are far better candidates, yes. I'd understand if I had made a suspicious comment but I did not, I literally pointed out that I was going to be busy and raiding - as a courtesy - only for it to escalate into this nonsense.

I'd be willing to swap to Llettuce, simply because this isn't the first time Llettuce just hasn't shown up at all on D1. I won't have any solid leads until after N1, though.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I would have had more to say if I wasn't left defending myself against pointless votes when there are far better candidates, yes. I'd understand if I had made a suspicious comment but I did not, I literally pointed out that I was going to be busy and raiding - as a courtesy - only for it to escalate into this nonsense.

I'd be willing to swap to Llettuce, simply because this isn't the first time Llettuce just hasn't shown up at all on D1. I won't have any solid leads until after N1, though.
You didn't really have many votes so I don't know why you needed to be distracted defending yourself tbh, I think Mitch is the only one who actively wanted to push you until I came back in this morning. But that's neither here nor there.

Is lettuce, someone who at this rate is likely to get modkilled or replaced, really the only other person you'd vote?

Blind Ninja

Godfather
I dislike letting removing people early and letting scum go under the rader but apparently that's just me.
In a normal game, the chances of hitting scum on d1 are low.

I also didnt say let them go under the radar. You saying this, while we have others actually going under your radar because youve been so lasar focus on solely Matt is an interesting postion youve put yourself in.

Blind Ninja

Godfather

You can both defend yourself and contribute to the conversation about other things.

And I dont see how swapping to Llettuce helps us right now.

llettuce

nimbdrs
Pronouns
she/her
Then you're clearly scum or detrimental town.

You're free to apologise at any time but you're very clearly doubling down on a false narrative.
I don't like this one, honestly most sus of matt so far and this did not lessen as I read through
And Thrid, cuz I did say either one or three questions….

Seriously, LDG, WTF with making me feel like an old bastard cuz you may be older than WoW?
Theres 4 of us if my math is right btw
I think only Lettuce didnt. Well theres a free pass today. Tommorow they will get modkilled right?
THis is my par for the course i will do my best in the next few hours

llettuce

nimbdrs
Pronouns
she/her
Also not really liking claws so far,

mitch and bn seem nai so i dont really get the suspicion (other than val that checks but in an nai way)

Matthieu

Vigilante
You didn't really have many votes so I don't know why you needed to be distracted defending yourself tbh, I think Mitch is the only one who actively wanted to push you until I came back in this morning. But that's neither here nor there.

Is lettuce, someone who at this rate is likely to get modkilled or replaced, really the only other person you'd vote?
It's not the number of votes. It's about it being a legitimately dick move to give various people a free pass for being busy, only to tunnel me for having the courtesy to inform people that I was going to be busy. In addition, I'm in a completely different time zone to many players here. I tried to offer clarification and it was ignored, so yeah I'm not pleased.

Blind Ninja

Godfather
It's not the number of votes. It's about it being a legitimately dick move to give various people a free pass for being busy, only to tunnel me for having the courtesy to inform people that I was going to be busy. In addition, I'm in a completely different time zone to many players here. I tried to offer clarification and it was ignored, so yeah I'm not pleased.
If we want to talk about giving people a free pass... You give Val a free pass on everything (unless theres deets).

So I wouldnt talk about giving others a pass while you consistently do the same.

Blind Ninja

Godfather
Yeah! Im done sleeping and working and watching pacific rim! (jk im still working and im watching pacific rim again tonight, but now ive seen it and can mostly ignore it!)
Honestly surprised MTR didnt get ahold of you to remind you the game had started

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

Matthieu - 3 (Mitch (#157, MTR #269, llettuce #388)
Mitch - 3 (Matthieu (#159, Apocaclaws #182, Val #316)
Val - 2 (Blind Ninja #57, Psycho #326)
Caito - 1 (CWE #40)
Sleep - 1 (Caito #268)

Not Voting: LemonDemonGirl, Listo, Grumpy #318

Matthieu

Vigilante
There's really no legitimate reason to vote for me and it's tiresome when someone doesn't show up until right until the last minute only to suddenly find the time to weigh in. Probably called for backup in a scum chat, no doubt.

I really wouldn't recommend taking out an angelic being such as myself. :angel:

llettuce

nimbdrs
Pronouns
she/her
There's really no legitimate reason to vote for me and it's tiresome when someone doesn't show up until right until the last minute only to suddenly find the time to weigh in. Probably called for backup in a scum chat, no doubt.

I really wouldn't recommend taking out an angelic being such as myself. :angel:
We've played in games together right???? Like this is so standard for me?

And idk man I read the thread and I wasn't super inclined by what I read, this post also feels bad to me but that could just be poorly read sarcasm and whatever the stupid acronym for retaliation is

llettuce

nimbdrs
Pronouns
she/her
Also idk what a shit scum tactic hey scum who has done nothing go get everyone to vote that one guy with zero cred

Matthieu

Vigilante
If you legitimately catching up on the thread you would've seen what caused the scuffle. Multiple players claimed that they would be busy due to raiding in World of Warcraft. A new expansion just launched and half of this community was formed from people who played and still play the game in question.

I stated it as a courtesy, as I am already in a completely different time zone to most players.

Mitch latched onto it as a dumb reason to push on me, I pushed back. It ended up dictating most of the day phase.

I think I have every right to be annoyed, since it isn't the only game recently where I have been yeeted on D1 for stupid reasons that have nothing to do with the game itself.

llettuce

nimbdrs
Pronouns
she/her
If you legitimately catching up on the thread you would've seen what caused the scuffle. Multiple players claimed that they would be busy due to raiding in World of Warcraft. A new expansion just launched and half of this community was formed from people who played and still play the game in question.

I stated it as a courtesy, as I am already in a completely different time zone to most players.

Mitch latched onto it as a dumb reason to push on me, I pushed back. It ended up dictating most of the day phase.

I think I have every right to be annoyed, since it isn't the only game recently where I have been yeeted on D1 for stupid reasons that have nothing to do with the game itself.
It's not about the scuffle it's about the reactions! And I didn't like them!

Matthieu

Vigilante
How convenient! So let me get this straight, you don't like me calling out someone for voting me for reasons unrelated to the game that are entirely falsified but you're fine with Mitch doubling down?

I'm just going to be honest, I'm from an era where we used to have twenty to thirty players in these games and there was very much something called the 'gentleman's agreement' in play. A safety net of sorts to prevent grating situations like this occurring in the first place.

My enjoyment playing these games is already waning and I can't help but get the impression that some here simply do not like me and know they can exploit my habit of standing my ground and calling out bullshit as a convenient way to get me yeeted.

There simply isn't a valid reason to yeet me. I wasn't inactive. I simply stated I would be busy during a specific period of time due to raiding and being in a different time zone. It's not anymore complex than that.

llettuce

nimbdrs
Pronouns
she/her
No but that's what I'm saying, I don't care that you weren't there, and yeah it's annoying that mitch was pushing on you, it's just the way you responded bugged me. It has nothing to do with the potential afk, just how I'm reading the rest of your posts. Defensive for the wrong reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom