Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 15 - VoidKitten's Revenge

Sirius Black

Scum Hunter
Honestly, earlier shots are probably better catered towards tinfoil-type reads like Rhea or Strange because if they're town, they're great people to give the gun.

I feel the next 3 shots if I don't kill someone should be focused on people we feel confident will flip scum
But on the flip side, if it hits, you kill a valuable town member

I think it's a balanced equation

Sirius Black

Scum Hunter
I agree that the push for him towards the end was…off

It looked like a scum team was trying to save one of their own from elimination
They sheeped the scum read on TFB with reasoning that I don't think is very good on D2. Could be a scum looking for an easy push.

They haven't given any reads today.

Gargamel

Vanilla Townie
I'm probably gonna do a quick ISO of Rhea, Strange, and Cactus Jack(good call) and pick between one of those three. Cody just feels like a lame shot that I'm not so sure will flip scum

Gargamel

Vanilla Townie
lol

Just town read everyone who says "I'm town/I'm not mafia" and the game is solved
It's not just them saying "I'm town." It's the overall presence followed by a "they won't." Just something about the tone and timing in comparison to all those posts rings more as dgaf town then scum trying to skate by.

Sirius Black

Scum Hunter
It's not just them saying "I'm town." It's the overall presence followed by a "they won't." Just something about the tone and timing in comparison to all those posts rings more as dgaf town then scum trying to skate by.
Oh I getchu. And I have the same worry about Cody Rhodes.

It's just that it's so maddening that this is how far we must lower ourselves to get town reads in this game that I'd still be fine with a shot on them out or pure annoyance.

Gargamel

Vanilla Townie
Rhea actually has less posts than I expected, but that's not that big of a deal considering most of them have been chunky

Gargamel

Vanilla Townie
Mami is confused, but Mami is always on top.

First thing I noticed is that there are four colours appearing so far in the write up. And there are 4 versions of Mick Foley/Dude Love/Mankind/Cactus Jack. Coincidence?
If any of the Foleys are scum, I think this is overall pretty towny to point out. What matters is whether they acted on this, but still seems a bit risky to start the game bringing attention to a guaranteed scum pool if she were partners with one of them.
Despite my first impression of your reply to me earlier , I kind of like this one from you (as it mirrors what I was thinking). The late voters will unquestionably earn themselves attention. So I was wondering if there's any way that we can maximize our chances of catching scum voting shenanigans? Is it better if we have more people with votes on them, or fewer trains?

When it says sleep is not an option, does not voting mean the same thing? I suspect that our mod will have something planned to deal with anyone who doesn't participate.

Is voting for youself, as The Final Boss did, not the same thing as self-targeting, which would seem to violate Rule 8?
Mmm, I'm trying not to confbias myself back into scumreading Rhea, because this could be read as a helpful town trying to get any kind of ball rolling, or it could look like scum trying to sound helpful while not really talking about anything directly pertinent. My gut was the latter, but this is probably NAI in a vacuum.
I think I understand what you're suggesting, but I am not sure I agree. I think Void uses the post number as the tiebreaker.

That being said, I like that you're thinking about ways to protect town, and since I don't really know anything about anyone else, I'll agree with Harry and

Vote: Dud Love
Dude Love was one of the first players I liked so I can't hate on this
Notice that The Final Boss is a player, while The Rock is a villain character.
I feel like Final Boss is town and that makes this sit not right with me. Maybe it's a towny thought process but it still gives me weird vibes.
This is very interesting, as I presume Void will be using a random draw, which could be better for us than just letting scum sit back and control the outcome. Would forcing multiple ties for 3rd place be our best chance to catch a scum today?
This is maybe a towny thought and just in general trying to make productive action of the wagons seems pretty towny.
I have some real life activity that will make it hard if not impossible for me to be around until Monday. Maybe I will be able to pop in for a couple min late at night, but since day ends at 8PM, I want to get my vote in. I think Void warned us about not voting, and there may be consequences for not voting going forward.
The writeup also mentioned that there are two people already in Tribal Council - which makes me wonder what is going on there? Did Void manage to get subs lined up in case they are needed? Everyone should try to get a vote in today.

We can't vote for Glinda nor Cactus Jack.

I would have thought there'd be more details to the write up with so many people playing. Good news is that we didn't lose anyone yet. I get that we can't break any rules about claiming, but it doesn't look like we have any deets to go on either. So this is a rajah style game, and this seems like D1 where we don't know anything, but with the anonymity now in place, it is even harder to read anyone. I am going to Vote: VOTE SLEEP so we don't lose anyone as scum has the advantage here.

I have no idea what the puzzle/clue void left about
"Coined a well phrased term"

As for the wishes, I don't have a preference as I suck at these - but our wish granter wants it spicy, and I'd like it to be something we can learn from.

So, I wish for a random wrestler be given a gun to be used before end of day 3 on a wizard, and similarly for a random wizard to be given a gun that can only be used on a wrestler before end of day 3 - and if one of these guns is not used, the recipient is sent to Tribal Council. I am excluding Mazer as I think he is neither a wizard nor a wrestler, plus it seems he got recruited by the reds. Not sure if the mod would approve this, but it seems like on its face it would not negatively affect balance

If the wish is granted, this might be a way to see wrestlers' opinions of wizards, and versa-visa.

I would appreciate thoughts/discussion. But as I came up with this, I think it could certainly be spicy.
Vote: Final Boss

I realized that voting sleep is what scum wants. I didn't like the rapid growth of their train yesterday

This is all of Rhea's D2, these two posts. I'm cutting them some slack because they were obviously busy(same with me), but I'm curious what happened here

@Rhea Ripley What did you mean about sleep being what scum wants? Where did that thought process come from? And why did you choose to vote Final Boss over anyone else?

Gargamel

Vanilla Townie
Vote: Cactus Jack

Right now you are my favorite Foley face. I hope you will not betray my trace.

Paul Heyman, you have not done any spoilers. So, I will not be casting my lot for you.

Sirius, you are a mixture of Hagrid and Uncle Vernon. So, I will not be casting my lot for you.
Also, why was Cactus your preferred vote, so much so that you doubled up there?

Gargamel

Vanilla Townie
Why Cactus Jack?

@Jade Cargill. How are you? Feeling strong for your match?

Still don't like that we had that weird run yesterday. Do we hate that today?

I like the theory of mass rb/% rb. Reads that way to me.

If Mazer was recruited, should we just assume the bad side? Can Rajah do something then too?

Also, I think Voidkitten having to warn people in the council that their comments would be public is hilarious. He is already worried about his choices.
Noted that Dr. Strange also hinted at the reality that Mazer was recruited to the bad side.
I basically got pretty busy and unexpectedly didn't get home Sunday until past deadline.

Tried to go through everything quickly.

Reading through Rhea's iso, they are obviously a smart person, so just coming yesterday with pretty much "I am now changing because I just realized sleep is what scum wants" does not sit well with me.
This, and then a post mirroring Rhea's "One scum in the Foleys" argument, are pretty much all that Strange has done to drive actual discussion or give reads. They used the majority of D2 to get a wish in and that's about it.

The read on Rhea is fine, because it's kind of odd, but if Rhea is town, there's the possibility they were just coming up with something to egg me on to do the shit.

I dunno, kind of want some of these responses(and probably don't have enough time to get them), could see Strange being town that just hasn't fired up yet but their first two phases feel a lot like scum coasting and shitposting.

Sirius Black

Scum Hunter
@Rhea Ripley What did you mean about sleep being what scum wants? Where did that thought process come from? And why did you choose to vote Final Boss over anyone else?
I think I can answer this question in their place since it basically boils down to meta.

This is a Rajah-styled game which means that town gets a lot of information during the night than in more "normal" mafia games. We haven't gotten that much so far due to scum using some actions mess with town on N1 and N2 but those are typically only 1-shot. So eventually there will be enough info to narrow down a lot of people to only a few possible roles via spreadsheeting. So based on this logic voting sleep is acceptable since nights aren't necessarily as scum-sided as they would be in a regular mafia game.

Sirius Black

Scum Hunter
This wasn't a post for or against anything but I think that we should proceed with the above information in mind.

Gargamel

Vanilla Townie
My top picks is Rhea and Paul Heyman

Although Merlin is considered in my list.

Even if I don’t like those magical freaks. But whoever the third guy is. Unfortunately its goodbye to them!

Bang Bang Sport GIF by WWE

I’m looking for other gifs I promise
Ok, I do like that they actually give a semblance of reads here unprompted despite not doing anything but roleplay before this. Perhaps they're scumreading obvious town/buttering up to another role player, so it's not that strong.
Paul Heyman

I see that you support Cactus Jack over my imposters!

Your CLIENTS as you call them don’t seem to be stepping up to your liking! Maybe you can be at my side at the Fatal Fourway at WRESTLEMANIA!

Vote: Paul Heyman
Just gonna say this can be NAI shitposting, but it comes off like pocketing.
Mick Foley still has my face which I will ruin. But between me and you! Mankind is the worst of the worst

At least Dude Love speaks a good amount!
Actually makes reads on the other Foleys. Better than nothing.
I’m sure it would but this isn’t the 80s. This is the time of Cactus Jack!

Now my manager Paul Heyman will explain what he thinks of the people who are here tonight!
Ok, this was the first post I liked from Cactus. Maybe I'm reading into it wrong, but this came off like they were trying to get Heyman to give reads(because up to this point, they hadn't).
The Final Boss might be self voting, but last I heard. He was on the board of directors for TKO and he intends to keep it that way

And Rhea seems to be on top of her game just like she said

But I am calling for Mankind and that Harry Potter guy to speak up and give Cactus Jack some ACTION!

And while he isn’t in my Nightmares, Cody could also use a mouthpiece!

And at this rate, Jade Cargill seems to be a passing fad, looks like the storm has blown over because I haven’t heard the wind in quite a bit!
A bit weak because this largely amounts to "These people aren't talking a lot," but it shows Cactus is paying more attention than the roleplay leads you to believe.

Now to those I would beat up, other than my imposters (Mick Foley less so)

It would be The Tribal Chief

It may be the start of a day, but he can’t even figure out his own Identity! I know who I am, I am Cactus Jack, and I want to know if you know who anyone else is!

BANG BANG!

My day is going just fine!

How’s your day? I’m sure your silence has allowed you to think about who would be a cheater in a traditional match!
I actually like both of these because it's both showing Cactus trying to give some reads unprompted, and then trying to get more out of Harry Dresden after acknowledging they were one of the quiet ones.
I was too busy doing squash matches but now I’m back.

And let me tell ya

The American Nightmare, Cody Rhodes. I expected more from you, especially with your double main event at WRESTLEMANIA this weekend.

Well tonight I won’t stand your silence. I’ll make sure you need more than a protective face mask. I’ll beat you up into tiny little bits of…..Stardust

Vote: Cody Rhodes

Bang Bang!
Consider this a sort of Part 2 to my last point.
TFB was suddenly pushed out of it before being pushed down. Who’s to say that wasn’t a failed push
The posts between this and my last quote are kind of middling d2 posts, and if I'm right about final Boss being town, I don't really like that that is their main push. But I like that they dropped the gimmick and tried to get action moving, and then this just feels like a towny thought in my head for some reason.

I also think wishing for Jafar to get a gun to try and judge them from that feels pretty towny.

I don't want to shoot Cactus Jack

Gargamel

Vanilla Townie
I think I can answer this question in their place since it basically boils down to meta.

This is a Rajah-styled game which means that town gets a lot of information during the night than in more "normal" mafia games. We haven't gotten that much so far due to scum using some actions mess with town on N1 and N2 but those are typically only 1-shot. So eventually there will be enough info to narrow down a lot of people to only a few possible roles via spreadsheeting. So based on this logic voting sleep is acceptable since nights aren't necessarily as scum-sided as they would be in a regular mafia game.
I'd rather she had answered this question so I knew her specific thought process but *shrug*

Sirius Black

Scum Hunter
Ok, I do like that they actually give a semblance of reads here unprompted despite not doing anything but roleplay before this. Perhaps they're scumreading obvious town/buttering up to another role player, so it's not that strong.

Just gonna say this can be NAI shitposting, but it comes off like pocketing.

Actually makes reads on the other Foleys. Better than nothing.

Ok, this was the first post I liked from Cactus. Maybe I'm reading into it wrong, but this came off like they were trying to get Heyman to give reads(because up to this point, they hadn't).

A bit weak because this largely amounts to "These people aren't talking a lot," but it shows Cactus is paying more attention than the roleplay leads you to believe.

I actually like both of these because it's both showing Cactus trying to give some reads unprompted, and then trying to get more out of Harry Dresden after acknowledging they were one of the quiet ones.

Consider this a sort of Part 2 to my last point.

The posts between this and my last quote are kind of middling d2 posts, and if I'm right about final Boss being town, I don't really like that that is their main push. But I like that they dropped the gimmick and tried to get action moving, and then this just feels like a towny thought in my head for some reason.

I also think wishing for Jafar to get a gun to try and judge them from that feels pretty towny.

I don't want to shoot Cactus Jack
Alright, I do agree that Cactus Jack looks better if I read their posts through your summary rather than their roleplay :D

Gargamel

Vanilla Townie
I keep looking at the post count list and I just don't really get any bad vibes from the top crop of posters.

Sirius Black

Scum Hunter
Thats sumthin i wanna talk about do we think its fog til sum1 dies or a game mechanic, could it be potenically wished away then idk
I think all flips are delayed by 1 cycle so that the wolves joining the Tribal Council aren't immediately outed

Rhea Ripley

Lunchable

Simple answer is that while I was out and about doing my real life activities, I checked in and realized that scum would prefer that we don't vote anyone out, which is our only way to get rid of them. They'll do their actions at night. I took a chance to vote FInal Boss, as not only I didn't like the D1 late vote surge, I also realized that getting people to vote somewhere is how we will learn, if not today, then certainly later.

I certainly didn't feel super strongly about TFB, but there was enough there to make me place a vote, hoping to see who else would join, and what their thoughts were.

Day 3 Shot 4

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Violina's voice could barely contain her excitement. "A shot. A shot. A shot!!!"

Dr. Strange has attempted to shoot Rhea Ripley and....the shot SUCCEEDED!

The shot rang out and pierced Rhea Ripley's skull and embedded in a nearby tree. Rhea Ripley fell over dead.

Rhea Ripley, playing as ???, the ???, has been killed, sent to Tribal Council, and is in stasis for one full cycle.

Violina
bowed. "Thank you all for the game. Let's see what tomorrow will bring?"

—---------------

Day 3 Vote Count:

Pug - 2 (Jade Cargill #867, Merlin #988)
Sleep - 1 (Sirius Black #986)
Dr. Strange - 1 (Gargamel #1064)

Not Voting: Cactus Jack, Cody Rhodes, Dr Strange, Dude Love, Harry Dresden, Harry Potter, Jafar, Mankind, Mick Foley, Pug, Seth Rollins

It is now Day 3. Day 3 will end at 8:00pm ET (GMT-4) on Apr 10th or when majority is reached. If majority is not reached by the end of the day, the player with the most votes will be eliminated. With 15 players alive, the majority is 8 votes on a single player.

Gargamel

Vanilla Townie
I feel like we interpret Strange"s rationale/posting after this and determine whether we let Rhea flip or bring her back and trade in Strange

Gargamel

Vanilla Townie
Honestly, I don't like the fact that he took the shot without ever returning to thread or trying to I get opinions/reactions.

The shot target is at least consistent with what he said before, but it's not great optics.

Day 3 Event 2

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Violina’s voice pierced the battlefield again, interrupting discussions currently being held. “Woah, woah, woah. Did I read that correctly? It’s believed that you guys have the right to decide if anyone gets brought back? Nah Nah. I’ve earned these coins the hard way and I’ll be damned if I don’t use them.” A clinking sound was heard and two beams of light appeared from the sky and connected with the ground. The ground was destroyed where the beams hit, but two figures stood up, one in each beam.

Violina smiled. “I give you two of your compatriots back. This should make for some fun fun fun!” Violina disappeared.

The dust settled and everyone gathered around to see who was left in the beams of light as they vanished. Walking forth from the dust were Glinda and Rhea Ripley!

Glinda and Rhea Ripley have returned to the game and are no longer present in Tribal Council.

—---------------

Living Players:

1. Cactus Jack
2. Cody Rhodes
3. Dr Strange
4. Dude Love
5. Gargamel
6. Glinda
7. Harry Dresden
8. Harry Potter
9. Jade Cargill
10. Jafar
11. Mankind
12. Merlin
13. Mick Foley
14. Pug
15. Rhea Ripley
16. Seth Rollins
17. Sirius Black

—---------------

Day 3 Vote Count:

Pug - 2 (Jade Cargill #867, Merlin #988)
Sleep - 1 (Sirius Black #986)
Dr Strange - 1 (Gargamel #1064)

Cody Rhodes - 1 (Jafar #1080)

Not Voting: Cactus Jack, Cody Rhodes, Dr Strange, Dude Love, Harry Dresden, Harry Potter, Mankind, Mick Foley, Pug, Rhea Ripley, Seth Rollins, Glinda

It is now Day 3. Day 3 will end at 8:00pm ET (GMT-4) on Apr 10th or when majority is reached. If majority is not reached by the end of the day, the player with the most votes will be eliminated. With 17 players alive, the majority is 9 votes on a single player.

Gargamel

Vanilla Townie
What are the chances tribal council is scum
If Tribal Council is scum then we're already fucked.

I imagine it's some combination of thinking Rhea was towny(overall they were despite my concerns) and that they got shot by scum.

Strange's shot is hella suspect and think he should be flipped first. But would have been kinda nice to have the Rhea flip to know for sure

Rhea Ripley

Lunchable
First, I am distracted as my wife is in the ER at the moment, as her physical therapist sent her there when she had a leg cramp that they think may be a clot or something. She is awaiting an ultrasound, and is bored. I appreciate everyone's kind thoughts.

Anyway I did not get a chance to read more than a little of the Tribal Council thread before it got closed on me. I think I can share that Shiro and Nightengale are the two originals in Tribal Council, and that Badger was Heyman and that they were astonished that we didn't notice Heyman had been killed. I know I had thought it was the silencer action. Badger was sad that we didn't even notice he was gone.

I am not complaining about not being able to read more of the Tribal Council thread - I would most certainly prefer to be here.

I am guessing that Strange figured there was a little sus on me so he shot me thinking he could talk his was out when I flip green.

Jafar

Lost Wolf
First, I am distracted as my wife is in the ER at the moment, as her physical therapist sent her there when she had a leg cramp that they think may be a clot or something. She is awaiting an ultrasound, and is bored. I appreciate everyone's kind thoughts.

Anyway I did not get a chance to read more than a little of the Tribal Council thread before it got closed on me. I think I can share that Shiro and Nightengale are the two originals in Tribal Council, and that Badger was Heyman and that they were astonished that we didn't notice Heyman had been killed. I know I had thought it was the silencer action. Badger was sad that we didn't even notice he was gone.

I am not complaining about not being able to read more of the Tribal Council thread - I would most certainly prefer to be here.

I am guessing that Strange figured there was a little sus on me so he shot me thinking he could talk his was out when I flip green.
Send my reguards to le wife hope she feels better

Gargamel

Vanilla Townie

Honestly feels like a pretty town-sided stance

Also, sending the best wishes for your wife

Mick Foley

Vanilla Townie

best wishes to your wife i hope shes ok

Glinda

Vanilla Townie
It is nice to be back. Guess I need to look back and reread the start of day and over the NAs from last night.

From the quick glance around the gun, fun mechanic of Russian Roulette, I agree that Dr Strange's shot without interacting with the thread is sus. And I dont think he's been around thread since he had the gun and shot.

Jafar

Lost Wolf
It is nice to be back. Guess I need to look back and reread the start of day and over the NAs from last night.

From the quick glance around the gun, fun mechanic of Russian Roulette, I agree that Dr Strange's shot without interacting with the thread is sus. And I dont think he's been around thread since he had the gun and shot.
What about codys shooting at gar?

Glinda

Vanilla Townie
What about codys shooting at gar?
With Garg coming out with his info, feels strange the Cody would shoot there. Unless Cody felt he was full of shit, or just not paying attention to the thread.

Top Bottom