Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 18 - Town of FoS

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Initial Game Information:

1. This is NOT a cult style game. I repeat. This is NOT a cult style game.
  2. There will be NO writeups this game. Certain actions will receive feedback (outside of investigation results), based on what happens during the night that can be saved in logbooks or shared in the thread. There may be some flavor for start/end of day, but it should not be used as game information
  3. Role-claiming, breadcrumbing, fake claiming, etc will be allowed. A list of all roles in the game will be made available to everyone. There is nothing hidden this game as all players will see all possible abilities. While claims are allowed, please do not abuse this as it can take away from the game as a whole.

As this game includes roles and rules that are different, I have made a few channels inside the game discord that will show all potential roles in the game. This does not mean every role is in the game, but they will be randomly decided based on the below formulas. The below are just examples of the type of game it can be.

Game Setup Specifics:

Starting Role Breakdown - 16 player game - Standard

1 Town Power
1 Town Killing
1 Town Protective
2 Town Investigative
2 Random Town (any type)
2 Common Town (Support/Protective/Investigative)
1 Coven Power
1 Coven Killing
2 Common Coven (Deception/Utility)
1 Neutral Benign/Neutral Evil
1 Neutral Evil/Apocalypse (80%/20%)
1 Neutral Killer/Apocalypse (60%/40%)

Game Mechanics

1. Day phases will be 48 hours and Night phases are 24 hours. End time will typically be around 8:00pm ET, but may change based on game state. Majority will be required for elimination and if it is not reached before end of day no elimination will occur.
  2. All players will be able to keep a Last Will. This cannot exceed 100 words (I will be forgiving with formatting not counting towards words and flavor text is fine. Keep game info to under 100 words.) and will be released to all players upon your death. This can contain information about your targets, role, things that happened, results, etc. Or it can be used to provide disinformation depending on how roles can obscure and manipulate flips, faking results, etc. Or you can just use it to shitpost/taunt on your death. You can submit one Last Will each phase which will lock it in as the newest one. If a Last Will is not submitted, none will be flipped or the most recent version submitted will be used. As a reminder, Last Wills can be obscured/edited by different roles.
  3. Certain roles and kills will be able to leave a Death Note. This cannot exceed 50 words (and can be a gif/picture) explaining why this player was killed or you can use it to troll. Any role with a kill, outside of Town Killing roles, can leave a Death Note. Coven roles can leave a Death Note only if they have the Necronomicon.
  4. Being jailed will not remove a Coven player from their chat, but they will be unable to speak in the chat for the duration of the night.
  5. The game will follow typical Mafia feedback. Only roles that need a notification of their action failing will be told (expecting results/role needs to know feedback, etc). If there is specific feedback you get, it will be listed on your card.
  6. There is the potential for framed results during this game based on the roles within the game. Specifics are detailed on these role cards.
  7. I recommend reading through some of the roles so you know what is possible.

Common Terms:

Basic Attack - Standard attack that cannot pierce any protection
Powerful Attack - Attack that pierces basic defense
Unstoppable Attack - Attack that pierces basic and powerful defense.
Rampaging Attack - An attack that will also attack all visitors.
Basic Defense - Protects against basic attacks.
Powerful Defense - Protects against powerful and basic attacks
Invincible Defense - Protects against unstoppable, powerful, and basic attacks.
Astral Visit/Attack - Does not count as a visit and cannot be seen by most abilities.

Immunities:

Roleblock - These roles cannot be roleblocked by Tavern Keeper or Poisoner: Tavern Keeper, Poisoner, Retributionist, Necromancer, Witch, Socialite, War, Pestilence, Serial Killer, and Coven Leader. Jailor and Pirate supercede these.

Control - These roles cannot be controlled - Retributionist, Veteran, Doomsayer, Necromancer, Ritualist, and Witch.

Detection Immunity - These roles appear not suspicious to Sheriff - Neutral Killing, Apocalypse, Necronomicon Wielder, and players affected by Illusionist

Rejection Immunity - Some roles are immune to rejection by Socialite parties. This is not specifically detailed on the card and will be in the future, but will be taken into account if needed.

Rules:

1. No discussing this game with any players outside of the game thread, unless you have a specialized Discord thread to do so.
  2. Please no angleshooting or OGI (out of game information), such as a player’s potential lurking or activity, or seeing they are active in another thread/discord but not Mafia. Focus on the game and what is happening in the game.
  3. There will be no night chat allowed in the thread. The general chat in Discord will be enabled to allow non-game chat during each night phase.
  4. All other typical Mafia rules are in play. All actions will follow Natural Action Resolution and unmodified actions of the same type will go first. Conflicting redirections may fail.

Living Players:

1. 3puppies
2. Blind Ninja
3. Caito
4. Claws
5. CWE
6. Dreyski
7. Foxxi
8. Listo
9. Matthieu
10. MitchRapp
11. morrison
12. MTR
13. Robozerim
14. Satsu
15. Val the Moofia Boss
16. Xanjori

Dead Players:

Flavor:

Throughout the land, there was no Town more prosperous than Plainsville, home to the guild of misfits known as Fingers of Suspicion. All has been well in the town, or so they thought. Recently, a group simply known as “The Coven” has been trying to take control of the town via any means possible. What’s more is that there have been some unsavory characters about, only focused on their own aims.

Well, enough is enough. Plainsville was home to a pretty decent hotel so everyone of importance gathered in the hotel. The next day there was to be a meeting where everyone would discuss. The members of the Town knew they had to root out the Coven no matter what.

Would the end of the world come before then however? Was there a chance that these events were heralding in the Apocalypse? Or is that even a thing this time around?

The sun rose. The players gathered. What would happen to Plainsville?

Current Phase:

It is now Day 1. Day 1 will end at 8:00pm ET on June 8th or when majority is reached. With 16 players alive, majority is 9 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by end of day, there will be no elimination.

Last edited:

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Hard claim mafia vigilante town paranoid gun owner 3p executioner and I need to yeet/shoot Foxxi.

And with that Im off to work.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
If you have any questions about your role or this game or anything, ask me in your private channel and i will answer.

Foxxi

Administrator
Hard claim mafia vigilante town paranoid gun owner 3p executioner and I need to yeet/shoot Foxxi.

And with that Im off to work.
Love you too. I see your claim and I'll up the ante and tell ya I'm all four of the horsemen in an unholy abomination that also is a cop and a jester so please yeet me not shoot me

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
I'm shocked by all the lurkers. Sixteen players and only three of them have posted? Damn!

Foxxi

Administrator
I'm shocked by all the lurkers. Sixteen players and only three of them have posted? Damn!
There are 16 players but they're not all online. Couple people do be lurkin tho. Lurky lurkers lurkin.

Claws

All-Knowing
Xbox One Nintendo GIF

Vote: mitch

Claws

All-Knowing
im assuming xan works the street corner and cant use his phone at work because his hands are full =D

MitchRapp

Lost Wolf
Speaking of getting fisted. MTR stuck me with Badger last game with his redirect.

Vote: MTR

Foxxi

Administrator
There's a traitor...and a Caito?

Easiest. Choice. Ever.

Vote: Caito
You made me have to go look again. I actually don't see anywhere Void said this game has any modifiers - so unless I'm missing it there is no traitor

CWE

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
You made me have to go look again. I actually don't see anywhere Void said this game has any modifiers - so unless I'm missing it there is no traitor
Town Traitor - One Town player is marked as a traitor and will use their role, but have the Coven win condition. This player will be able to talk with the Coven team, but only during the night. If the Coven is defeated but the town traitor lives, the game has 3 days to find the traitor or the Coven wins automatically. In this mode, Admirer, Trickster, and Dreamweaver are banned, as are Apocalypse roles.

In the sign up thread...

Foxxi

Administrator
Town Traitor - One Town player is marked as a traitor and will use their role, but have the Coven win condition. This player will be able to talk with the Coven team, but only during the night. If the Coven is defeated but the town traitor lives, the game has 3 days to find the traitor or the Coven wins automatically. In this mode, Admirer, Trickster, and Dreamweaver are banned, as are Apocalypse roles.

In the sign up thread...
It's listed as one of the possible modifiers for info - but there are no modifiers here in the game thread unless Void forgot to include it

3puppies

Lost Wolf
@CWE - I will place my vote on whoever you like it today, since I gave you wine last game and blocked you. I should have realized you prefer tequila.

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
How does voting work? Signup said it should be done in discord but that is not in game thread?

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Btw what happened to you Matthieu? Last time i saw you, you looked like a cool chill dude and now you look like an old grey hair grump. Did I get you stressed because i threatened to kill you?

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

MTR - 2 (Foxxi #9, MitchRapp #30)
Mitch - 1 (Claws #10)
Caito - 1 (CWE #32
Claws - 1 (Xanjori #42

Not Voting: 3puppies, Caito, Dreyski, Listo, Mazer, morrison, MTR, Satsu, Val the Moofia Boss, Blind Ninja #25, Matthieu #27

It is now Day 1. Day 1 will end at 8:00pm ET on June 8th or when majority is reached. With 16 players alive, majority is 9 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by end of day, there will be no elimination.

Day 1 Sub

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Robozerim has subbed in for Mazer. Please do not discuss the substitution.

Day 1 Vote Count:

MTR - 2 (Foxxi #9, MitchRapp #30)
Mitch - 1 (Claws #10)
Caito - 1 (CWE #32)
Claws - 1 (Xanjori #42)
CWE - 1 - (Caito #50)

Not Voting: 3puppies, Caito, Dreyski, Listo, morrison, MTR, Robozerim, Satsu, Val the Moofia Boss, Blind Ninja #25, Matthieu #27

It is now Day 1. Day 1 will end at 8:00pm ET on June 8th or when majority is reached. With 16 players alive, majority is 9 votes on a single player.

Foxxi

Administrator
How does voting work? Signup said it should be done in discord but that is not in game thread?
Now that you mention this I vaguely remember reading that, but yeah. Nothing in these rules says that, and our votes have been counted - so guess it's normal voting after all. Not sure what the point of secret voting would be anyway, unless the vote count was only gunna say so and so has x votes but not specify from whom and I hate that idea with every fiber of my being.

Proof No One Reads

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
-.-

The signup post had the different possible modifiers for games, along with other game types. The discord channel has it too which also specifically states yall will be told if any special modifiers are used.

No. Modifiers. Are. Used. (except hidden killers, but again i consider this default and not a modifier. Me showing killers would be modifier)

Foxxi

Administrator
Yeah, I just went and looked and saw what I was remembering reading was another modifier ao yep, not applicable.

Listo95

Vote: Robo

He like totally failed to pay me last time we spent the night together. I want that damn money.

Foxxi

Administrator
Fun fact: we only have 9 town roles and 5 different trains right now. Odds of them happening to be 5 of the 9 town? Slim. So there's almost certainly some undesirables in there

@Caito @Claws @CWE @MitchRapp @MTR

Well, caito and CWE are already voting each other... but I'm curious what this group thinks of these odds and who they would choose from it to chop. For science!

Foxxi

Administrator
Technically six trains with listo's vote actually. Could include him in this thought experiment as well @Robozerim

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
Btw what happened to you Matthieu? Last time i saw you, you looked like a cool chill dude and now you look like an old grey hair grump. Did I get you stressed because i threatened to kill you?
It's silver.
No. Modifiers. Are. Used.
Yeah? How can we trust you when you're literally the 'mod'? Sounds like the kind of guy who likes his modifiers, right?

/s

MitchRapp

Lost Wolf
Fun fact: we only have 9 town roles and 5 different trains right now. Odds of them happening to be 5 of the 9 town? Slim. So there's almost certainly some undesirables in there

Well, caito and CWE are already voting each other... but I'm curious what this group thinks of these odds and who they would choose from it to chop. For science!
As a former mathematics professor at the esteemed Dakota County Technical College seeing people do statistics like this gives me great stress. So much bad mathing here.

Foxxi

Administrator
As a former mathematics professor at the esteemed Dakota County Technical College seeing people do statistics like this gives me great stress. So much bad mathing here.
So you're going to tell me that of a random sample of 5 players - they are ALL town -- when we only even HAVE 9 town total? That you don't think there's significantly greater odds that at least one of those people is neut or coven?

MitchRapp

Lost Wolf
So you're going to tell me that of a random sample of 5 players - they are ALL town -- when we only even HAVE 9 town total? That you don't think there's significantly greater odds that at least one of those people is neut or coven?
The problems are with your assumptions.

The most glaring one is that this is a random sampling of 5 players. 5 names were not picked out of a hat. 5 names were selected by players, some of which have advanced knowledge of the situation.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 1 Vote Count:

Mitch - 2 (Claws #10, Foxxi #63)
MTR - 1 (MitchRapp #30)
Caito - 1 (CWE #32)
Claws - 1 (Xanjori #42)
CWE - 1 (Caito #50)
Robo - 1 (Listo #55)

Not Voting: 3puppies, Dreyski, morrison, MTR, Robozerim, Satsu, Val the Moofia Boss, Blind Ninja #25, Matthieu #27

It is now Day 1. Day 1 will end at 8:00pm ET on June 8th or when majority is reached. With 16 players alive, majority is 9 votes on a single player.

Foxxi

Administrator
The problems are with your assumptions.

The most glaring one is that this is a random sampling of 5 players. 5 names were not picked out of a hat. 5 names were selected by players, some of which have advanced knowledge of the situation.
I am aware of that, yes. But only 4 of them (the coven) would be able to coordinate -- so unless those four coven have all voted for a different town player, it is unlikely the group of 5 is all town. There are also three different neut players who won't know anything except not themselves that could vote on each other or coven players too.

Unless of course we have more than one horseman, but eh.

Overall I think the likelihood there is at least one non-town player in that group is significantly greater than the odds that is a group of five town.

Foxxi

Administrator
Unvote: Mitch

though if you were one of them you'd prolly not be arguing with me like this perhaps...
@MTR why should we not chop you?

MitchRapp

Lost Wolf
I am aware of that, yes. But only 4 of them (the coven) would be able to coordinate -- so unless those four coven have all voted for a different town player, it is unlikely the group of 5 is all town. There are also three different neut players who won't know anything except not themselves that could vote on each other or coven players too.

Overall I think the likelihood there is at least one non-town player in that group is significantly greater than the odds that is a group of five town.
I agree that it is more likely that there is at least 1 non town player in there than not. My point was simply its not as great or as simple as you made it out to be. Also perhaps I missed it but do we know for a fact that we have exactly 9 town members?

Foxxi

Administrator
I agree that it is more likely that there is at least 1 non town player in there than not. My point was simply its not as great or as simple as you made it out to be. Also perhaps I missed it but do we know for a fact that we have exactly 9 town members?
Yes - the starting breakdown is in the OP

CWE

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him

Answering this question is unfair for me. A certain name is still breathing...

:shifty:

Foxxi

Administrator
Not to mention that even if all the coven are voting - they could still be voting for the neuts because they won't know who is neut vs town - or they could even vote partners at this early point since there usually isn't much danger to do so.

Listo95

Can someone translate this to English for me?
In the first version I know the acronym VFR, which was “vote for role”.

Now sweetie. I gave you info. I need the money now. Or I guess I can charge you double tonight.

Foxxi

Administrator
Ah. And ToS - town of salem. How do you vote for role though?

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Wow no followers on LaC? This must mean all the wolves are canadian

CWE

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Can someone translate this to English for me?
Vote for alignment.

If you play town of Salem or tos2...when you don't have info, you vfa. Vote for alignment. Don't tell your role...just your alignment.

Tp= town protect.
Ti=town investigative.
tpow= town power.
Ts=town support.
Neutral=ballsy
Scum=stupid.

It's tos 101.

Claws

All-Knowing
Tos games dont last a week tho do we really wanna come out d1 its gunna be like our first tol game all over again

Foxxi

Administrator
"Not Voting: 3puppies, Dreyski, morrison, MTR, Robozerim, Satsu, Val the Moofia Boss, Blind Ninja #25, Matthieu #27"

There is 100% at least one non-town in the non-voters. And odds are more than that, because otherwise it would mean I am the only town voting right now which seems unlikely.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Speaking of getting fisted. MTR stuck me with Badger last game with his redirect.

I saw on discord that I had votes and I was like what the fuck I haven't even had a chance to jump in. This is fair though. But hey we got the win.

That being said like every other claim that is going to happen I have a very important role and town so much that it hurts.

Listo95

"Not Voting: 3puppies, Dreyski, morrison, MTR, Robozerim, Satsu, Val the Moofia Boss, Blind Ninja #25, Matthieu #27"

There is 100% at least one non-town in the non-voters. And odds are more than that, because otherwise it would mean I am the only town voting right now which seems unlikely.
How dare you insinuate Stripper Listo is among… those folk. I’ll have you know my family has lived here for generations! They’ve kept these street corners busy for generations also! I finally was able to get off those corners and keep us busy with legitimate means!

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Not sure what the point of secret voting would be anyway, unless the vote count was only gunna say so and so has x votes but not specify from whom and I hate that idea with every fiber of my being.
I thought that was the idea. It would make sense to put votes in game thread anyway, so we could later see if it matches or there is something off.

Not the case in this game anyway.

MTR

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Unvote: Mitch

though if you were one of them you'd prolly not be arguing with me like this perhaps...
@MTR why should we not chop you?

Because everyone loves me and will miss me when I am gone.

Foxxi

Administrator
How dare you insinuate Stripper Listo is among… those folk. I’ll have you know my family has lived here for generations! They’ve kept these street corners busy for generations also! I finally was able to get off those corners and keep us busy with legitimate means!
Uh? You're not a non-voter or did you forget you voted for robo? O.o

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Vote for alignment.

If you play town of Salem or tos2...when you don't have info, you vfa. Vote for alignment. Don't tell your role...just your alignment.

Tp= town protect.
Ti=town investigative.
tpow= town power.
Ts=town support.
Neutral=ballsy
Scum=stupid.

It's tos 101.
I never played it. I think I wanted to. I ran the game and it said if you want to play you have to pay bro. And I was - yeah sure as if. uninstall.

Or maybe it was a browser game.

Foxxi

Administrator
Listo's so used to not casting votes he just assumed he was a non-voter 🤣

Foxxi

Administrator
Or he thinks I believe that 8 of those 9 people are town - which I already said I think is unlikely

3puppies

Lost Wolf

I think it is more likely that all of the scum have not voted.

and I realize I include myself with this list.

@CWE, I will join you with a vote on Caito if you like.

Otherwise, I will vote sleep

Top Bottom