Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 18 - Town of FoS

Satsu

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Maybe they are slightly i dont know the meta going with the flow

Foxxi

Administrator
You have three names... at least one is bad, and you get to put one name in there? It makes sense to put in a name you are confident is town, so you have 2 names that may be bad, instead of 3

Satsu

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Is that a question to vk or what? Why dont you want listo exactly? Are you actually scum here? Like seriously

Foxxi

Administrator
Actually; I attacked pups, but I don't think anything says I had to be the only one. He could have been double tapped by our neut killer... or drey could have, or even maybe robo? Not sure how that would play out if the pirate was attacked the night they met their win-con

Foxxi

Administrator
Wait....... no. What I was thinking for listo actually doesn't make sense. I'm so damned confused.

Foxxi

Administrator
"Rejection Immunity - Some roles are immune to rejection by Socialite parties. This is not specifically detailed on the card and will be in the future, but will be taken into account if needed."

Well this is bloody unhelpful

Foxxi

Administrator
Listo's whole demeanor feels more town. His comments and things line up in a logical way to me, much more so than what satsu has claimed. But I have no freaking idea if what I thought may have happened with listo is even possible.

Foxxi

Administrator
And because I don't give two shits about if there is a ritualist at this point because they already have their pick of me and CWE anyway...

I suspect Listo is also claiming retributionist. He began day saying he wanted to look between satsu and mazer.

My theory is that he did what satsu claimed, picked caito to get info - but he chose me since he believes I am town and that would narrow down his results to two names that contain at least one non-town. This also tracks for me because I know I attacked three people. Clearly pups was one - I suspect one of them was a ghoul, and then thought "oh, the other was caito, that's why no bodies".

The issue I am having is that pups threw a party at my house last night, and caito should not have been on that list... and therefore not allowed inside. So unless zombies just get auto entrance, or the psychic is one of those roles that the socialite can't turn away, I don't see how this is possible.

Foxxi

Administrator
For someone who doesn't want to look up, what does the retributionist do?
They pick a dead player and use their ability - he's saying he picked caito who was psychic. Psychic picks a person to have visions about.
On odd nights they get one extra name and that at least one of the players is town.
On even nights they they get two extra names and are told at least one of those three is non-town

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
3. CWE - Spy
4. Foxxi - Veteran
5. Listo - claims last town spot

6. Mazer - Schrodinger's role

One of yall is the Town Power and the rest of ya'll are scum of some flavor.

1. Blind Ninja
2. Claws
7. morrison
8. Satsu
9. Val the Moofia Boss
10. Xanjori
Truer words are rarely spoken

Foxxi

Administrator
This is fun. Mazer could claim to be jesus here and no one could tell him he's full of shit for number reasons x.x

Foxxi

Administrator
Hes on my list. Its at least 1 evil
Your list - if it's even real - doesn't prove anything about mazer unless both claws and listo flip town. Which if you *are* telling the truth (and Xan isn't full of shit) - then both claws and listo would be non-town and we still know nothing about mazer.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
This is fun. Mazer could claim to be jesus here and no one could tell him he's full of shit for number reasons x.x
It is fun. Because I kinda just told you.

With a certain mix of cwe's own panache.

Foxxi

Administrator
No. Be serious
Okay. Though I admit it would have been clever and ballsy. I thought your "truer words never spoken" comment was a nod to the neut killer that picks words... cuz I really don't see anything else that would hint at anything specifically

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Okay. Though I admit it would have been clever and ballsy. I thought your "truer words never spoken" comment was a nod to the neut killer that picks words... cuz I really don't see anything else that would hint at anything specifically
Some hints are less specific.

They simply exist in an inert state until they are brought to certainty.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
using quantum mechanics GIF

Foxxi

Administrator
My first thought had actually been listo tried to use mitch to protect me with the doc... which should work since mitch tried to get into pups's party n1 and would therefore be on his list.

And if listo truly feels I'm town, that would make sense. But then his comment about satsu and mazer doesn't fit with any info he should have. So I dunno.

I'd rather listo clarify because at this point if we don't get this right we're just screwed. We may be screwed regardless, but we don't have room to be making guesses without all possible info.

Listo95

I sent Cairo’s corpse to Foxxi, got told Foxxi, Satsu, or Mazer for at least 1 is evil. I was told my Caito corpse was killed.

Foxxi

Administrator
I am very very confused. I feel way better about listo and his sequence of actions.. and just his general gameplay. It *feels* like he's genuinely got a town pov here. But I don't understand how caito could have visited me.

Satsu on the other hand feels off to me. And I don't see why he would pick Mazer instead of one of the people he felt sure is town so he'd only have to really consider two names... that doesn't make sense... but at the same rate is an error I can see someone making by not really thinking the role through.

Listo95

I am very very confused. I feel way better about listo and his sequence of actions.. and just his general gameplay. It *feels* like he's genuinely got a town pov here. But I don't understand how caito could have visited me.

Satsu on the other hand feels off to me. And I don't see why he would pick Mazer instead of one of the people he felt sure is town so he'd only have to really consider two names... that doesn't make sense... but at the same rate is an error I can see someone making by not really thinking the role through.
*shrug* I'd guess maybe zombies don't count for that?

Blind Ninja

Godfather
Holy fuck... a lot has come to light today.

If the argument is Satsu's claim of Retri is good cover for Necro, why wouldnt the same argument hold true for listo's claim?

Is the biggest sticking point who was picked? Or did I miss something else on the read through?

Foxxi

Administrator
Holy fuck... a lot has come to light today.

If the argument is Satsu's claim of Retri is good cover for Necro, why wouldnt the same argument hold true for listo's claim?

Is the biggest sticking point who was picked? Or did I miss something else on the read through?
Hello. Would you like to refute xan?

Foxxi

Administrator
But to answer your question, it's not just that it's a safe claim - though that is part of why I am now stepping back to think about listo more, I'd previously thought he was claiming something else.

It's also that listo's use of the action makes more sense to me, his overall play feels more in line with a town pov, and I don't feel like he's done anything shady this game.

Satsu on the other hand feels less genuine and has said and done things that are off kilter to me. He asked about counter trains yesterday, but when asked who he would choose he didn't want one... when caito turned out to be town. He also listed my list as where he would go to look for a counter train if one were going to be made... but then didn't include me as someone he felt was town -- which feels weird to me. There's just lots of little paper-cut like feelings I get from him that I haven't gotten from listo.

The only mark listo has against him is that I'm not sure if caito's corpse could actually have visited me. But I'm still generally inclined to think Void must have done something contrary to the wiki with zombies.... because listo's whole play otherwise makes me trust him.

Claws

All-Knowing
That would be pretty bold but im not claiming anything check in tomorrow

Blind Ninja

Godfather
But to answer your question, it's not just that it's a safe claim - though that is part of why I am now stepping back to think about listo more, I'd previously thought he was claiming something else.

It's also that listo's use of the action makes more sense to me, his overall play feels more in line with a town pov, and I don't feel like he's done anything shady this game.

Satsu on the other hand feels less genuine and has said and done things that are off kilter to me. He asked about counter trains yesterday, but when asked who he would choose he didn't want one... when caito turned out to be town. He also listed my list as where he would go to look for a counter train if one were going to be made... but then didn't include me as someone he felt was town -- which feels weird to me. There's just lots of little paper-cut like feelings I get from him that I haven't gotten from listo.

The only mark listo has against him is that I'm not sure if caito's corpse could actually have visited me. But I'm still generally inclined to think Void must have done something contrary to the wiki with zombies.... because listo's whole play otherwise makes me trust him.
Ok. I can see from that POV why if both are claiming Retri, you would trust listo more. Guess not being completely present in the game, I havent noticed the little cuts that Satsu was doing.

Foxxi

Administrator
But honestly even with that, I'm still inclined to trust listo over satsu.

CWE

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Does that apply to retri too? Or only necro?
Always Astral : LO and Soul Collector

Conditional Astral : HM (necronomicon only), Shroud (shrouding instead of attacking)

Fake Astral : Ret and Necro (they visit corpses who then visit the target. Necro's Ghoul is technically a corpse visit but isn't seen by Tracker or LO since it's not a player corpse.)

If true to the game...

Foxxi

Administrator
Always Astral : LO and Soul Collector

Conditional Astral : HM (necronomicon only), Shroud (shrouding instead of attacking)

Fake Astral : Ret and Necro (they visit corpses who then visit the target. Necro's Ghoul is technically a corpse visit but isn't seen by Tracker or LO since it's not a player corpse.)

If true to the game...
So Caito could have visited me then? Even with pup's party?

Foxxi

Administrator
Caito coming to visit me explains the third person I attacked - and also explains why listo believed me - he was likely told his zombie got annihilated, and understood where my extra attack came from that confused me - which told him I am telling the truth.

CWE

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Caito coming to visit me explains the third person I attacked - and also explains why listo believed me - he was likely told his zombie got annihilated, and understood where my extra attack came from that confused me - which told him I am telling the truth.
So you killed a socialite a zombie and what again?

Foxxi

Administrator
So you killed a socialite a zombie and what again?
I'm assuming a ghoul since I know I attacked three and there isn't another body on the floor. Robo presumably left the game after striking drey down

Foxxi

Administrator
No? Caito was controlled by the actual town retributionist. Satsu the coven necromancer just used a generic ghoul I think. Not any specific dead player.

# __Role: Necromancer__

"**Necronomicon (Passive):**
Possession of the Necronomicon will allow the Necromancer to be able to attack their target with ghoul instead of their other action. The ghoul will perform a basic attack on your target and will perform the visit to your target. The ghoul cannot be detected by Lookouts, but will be subject to any passive attacks. You will learn if your ghoul suffered an attack. You will also appear as Innocent to the Sheriff and will be able to leave a Death Note with a successful attack."

Foxxi

Administrator
or well, I guess satsu doesn't have to be the necromancer, I just assume so since he is the one claiming to play with the deas

Foxxi

Administrator
that's what makes sense to me. Robo the pirate wouldn't have any night actions that could have been forced to target me, and drey would have been refused from the party - and according to void I would be told if I failed an attack due to defense. So I definitely struck down three... somethings.

CWE

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
that's what makes sense to me. Robo the pirate wouldn't have any night actions that could have been forced to target me, and drey would have been refused from the party - and according to void I would be told if I failed an attack due to defense. So I definitely struck down three... somethings.
Dreyski was preoccupied last night. He was roleblocled by pirate.

Foxxi

Administrator
Oh, duh. Drey had no night actions either - so even if he hadn't been roleblocked, just like robo he wouldn't have been able to target me at night or be forced to anyway.

Foxxi

Administrator
Okay...is our town power a monarch who's knighted nobody? We. Are. Fucked.
The part about knighting no one is possible, but who knows. Most people haven't voted yet today so we don't have any proof one way or the other - and there's always the possibility the monarch may have tried to knight someone who died.

But the part about being fucked if it's a monarch is prolly true. Cuz he couldn't have given it to me without getting stabbed, and listo doesn't have it (or satsu for peeps who wanna argue I could be wrong on listo) --- so if anyone else but *you* does have an extra vote it aint town. Guess we'll find out when Void does a VC

Foxxi

Administrator
Or 2 town helping and the T Pow being lazy, in which case, wake up you slacker!
Maybe he'll listen to you. If I try to tell him he's just gunna be like FoXxI sUs FoR dRaWiNg AtTeNtIoN XD --- despite the fact we are in mylo and if we get this wrong it's gg 🙄

Heck, depending on what the neut is, it may not even matter if we get it right. But we def have no shot if we're wrong.

Foxxi

Administrator
Eh. 12 hours left - I'm not waiting for morri any longer. I'm assuming at this point Xan is telling the truth - and I am convinced listo is telling the truth.
Vote: Satsu

Now we hope mazer and the neut help us. Or that xan can do something. And shows up to do it.

CWE

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I'm at the point where I hope the neutral is a doomsater and he guess 3 random coven. But doubtful...

Foxxi

Administrator
I'm at the point where I hope the neutral is a doomsater and he guess 3 random coven. But doubtful...
Unfortunately impossible I think. We've seen two neut evil roles die in the executioner and the pirate. So unless Mazer is doomsayer, there's no room for one.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 3 Vote Count:

Satsu - 4 (Listo #680, Claws #732, CWE #772, Foxxi #777)
Listo - 1 (Satsu #678)

Not Voting: Blind Ninja, Mazer, morrison, Val the Moofia Boss, Xanjori

It is now Day 3. Day 3 will end at 8:00pm ET on June 13th or when majority is reached. With 10 players alive, majority is 6 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by end of day, there will be no elimination.

Foxxi

Administrator
Besides, I've realized that from my Pov I *know* you are lying.

I attacked and killed three things last night - it's impossible either of them were drey or robo since they couldn't have targeted me to get attacked.

So I HAD to have struck down two things that don't leave bodies. And there are only two roles in this entire game that could have sent something I would kill but not have a body for: Retributionist, and Necromancer.

If you were actually the retributionist you would have had to have targeted me, not mazer in order for my three kills to have happened.

Foxxi

Administrator
basically with my info both satsu and listo had to have targeted me - and the one that says they didn't, is lying.

Satsu

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
If he was a necromancer and targeted caito then i would get no results. He would have to use someone else to go to foxxi.

Listo95

If he was a necromancer and targeted caito then i would get no results. He would have to use someone else to go to foxxi.
You mean you. Get it right silly. I got my results. You prolly used Mitches corpse.

CWE

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Well no other town is trying to help. All I have to work on is 3 people with 2 stories.

So I have to go with what I see in front of me. 1 and 2 saying story a matching or 3 saying story b.

Foxxi

Administrator
You're still not getting it. YOU had to have targeted me as well in order for me to have struck three things down. The said you targeted Mazer though. So you are lying.

Foxxi

Administrator
And even if people wanna tinfoil that I'm actually not town and therefore both listo and satsu *could* be --

They cannot both be retributionists having used the same corpse - so one of them is still lying. And my info proves to me it is satsu.

CWE

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
And even if people wanna tinfoil that I'm actually not town and therefore both listo and satsu *could* be --

They cannot both be retributionists having used the same corpse - so one of them is still lying. And my info proves to me it is satsu.
This. It's either Satsu OR Foxxi and Listo. There is no in between.

Foxxi

Administrator
This. It's either Satsu OR Foxxi and Listo. There is no in between.
I came out just about immediately at start of day with my claim and saying I attacked three things. If I were coven, I couldn't have known if anyone else may or may not have targeted me that would call bullshit because they weren't dead. It'd be a stupid claim to fake.

Day 3 Event

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
The group spoke heatedly during the day, but a fist slammed the table and Xanjori arose from it. “I really don’t actually care what any of you have to say. I am the Prosecutor and my word is law. Xanjori looked at Satsu and pointed dramatically at him. “Get rid of this one. The sight of him disgusts me.” Everyone at the table looked curiously at Xanjori, waiting to pounce if his word was proven to be untrue.

The guards grabbed Satsu and with a quick stroke of a sword, impaled him causing him to fall the floor, dead almost immediately. The guards rummaged the corpse for information and then grinned wildly.

Satsu, playing as the Poisoner, has been prosecuted and eliminated.

Xanjori
bowed and sat back down.

It is now Day 3. Day 3 will end at 8:00pm ET or when majority is reached. With 9 players alive, majority is 5 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by end of day, there will be no elimination. All votes have been reset.

CWE

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I came out just about immediately at start of day with my claim and saying I attacked three things. If I were coven, I couldn't have known if anyone else may or may not have targeted me that would call bullshit because they weren't dead. It'd be a stupid claim to fake.
Yeah. That was what ultimately swung it for me.

Top Bottom