Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 2 - Wishes of Hogwarts

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
About 4 hours and 45 minutes remaing until puzzle and action deadline.

Keep faith. You have already solved two of them.

Badger

“70% Furry, 30% Filthy, 100% Fun”
Pronouns
he/him
He can but probably won’t lol

Gonna guess the second and last ones are right.

DivaSmurf

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
I believe the first one is correct with devils snare and I agree with what tildey has for the second phrase clear your mind and calm down

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
He said 2 were correct and I think the 4th one about himself fits better. Agree on the second though clear your mind and calm down. I think snares may be plural so do not fear the devil snares?

I think all four are supposed to be joined together as one phrase. Not sure on the third bit at the moment though.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante

Do not fear the devil snares
Do not fear the devil's snare
Do not fear the island verse.
Do not fear her silent saved

Clear your mind and calm down.

Whoever wishes notes fast phrases true
Whoever wishes stone true phrases fast
Whoever wishes notes true phrases fast
Whoever writes notes shut phrases safe

Voidkitten is the best moderator for my paranoid events

I think this is a consolidation of all the thoughts

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
Here it is again to no have to go back...

Night 1 Puzzle:

eveorhnienaolstDtds - 6 Words - 2, 3, fear, 3, 6, 5
ordCauwrodnnlyae - 6 Words - 5, 4, mind, 3, calm, 4
aeeWnesereotvfiwsushhotstr - 6 Words - 7, 6, 5, 4, phrases, 4
ntattenifemeVytvdsrposeikerobsihtadnoi - 9 Words - 10, 2, 3, 4, moderator, 3, 2, 8, 6

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
3 is being really difficult, like I just cant think of the best way to go, wishes or writes.

Also the 4th one...like it all seems very correct until the last 2 words, but honestly I'm not seeing a better fit for those atm either.

Listo95

Do not fear the island verse
Clear your mind and calm down
Written verses whose oath phrases fuse
Voidkitten is the best moderator for my paranoid events?

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
About an hour remaining and ill give you the last hints.

You were correct on the first two and close to close-ish of the fourth depending on how you consider these things.

3puppies

Lost Wolf
Whoever atones first shut phrases ewes
Voidkitten is the boss moderator for my internet parade

3puppies

Lost Wolf
I thought I wouldn’t struggle this hard with anagrams but it has been awhile 😬

This, Coupled with the fact that I've been under the gun at work, and have been battling a nasty migraine, I am glad if I was able to contibute a little

Listo95

I would like to state at least I have made a 3rd set that at least makes some sense lol

3puppies

Lost Wolf
Whoever atones first uses phrases whet
Voidkitten is the boss moderator for my internet parade

Listo95

???
Voidkitten is the best moderator and my favorite person

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Part of me wants the last one to be

Whoever states xxxxxx true phrases wins. But I dont know if I can make it work, or if I can Americanize my brain to only use one U.

Listo95

without ferver sense show phrases east

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Whoever states these four phrases wins

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Peace Out Fml GIF by Travis

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
This, Coupled with the fact that I've been under the gun at work, and have been battling a nasty migraine, I am glad if I was able to contibute a little
IF my solve is correct its 100% due to you setting me up with some first words, especially Whoever.

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
That looks good. Well done if right.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Xanjori has solved the puzzle and his house will receive a bonus tonight

Chat would normally close, but there are 2 hours left and im working on writeups. No game discussion other than puzzle still and ill get the post up sometime in the next couple of hours

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
Alternatives just in case (technically he didn’t put an apostrophe for the first phrase so maybe steward’s enquiry lol)

and

Voidkitten is the best moderator for my paranoid events

But yeah Xan’s likely right

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
No apostrophe lol.

But yeah well done Xan.

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
I tried... but the anagram solver I previously used (higher character limit and did phrases), couldnt be found again. Maybe I should have bookmarked it, because it was hella useful.

Nice work. Tried to help with consolidating and bringing the riddle closer to the bottom f the thread to make things easier.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I tried... but the anagram solver I previously used (higher character limit and did phrases), couldnt be found again. Maybe I should have bookmarked it, because it was hella useful.

Nice work. Tried to help with consolidating and bringing the riddle closer to the bottom f the thread to make things easier.
That definitely helps, I was having to scroll back and forth and getting annoyed a lot before you did that. I really wanna say this was a big team effort from everyone that tried to solve, obviously I got ideas and it set me on the right path, so GJ everyone involved.

Day 2 Start

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
The statue of VoidKitten came alive again, but this time it did not move. “The first rulebreaker has been spared, but now all of you are prepared. Ensure you keep within my special hidden rules or all of you will look like fools. This man had died because you all, failed to agree before the time doth toll. Three more rules may exist and if you break them you may no longer persist. I wish you luck and bid adieu because if I’m called for you my blade ring true.”

A brilliant light filled the room and VoidKitten fell silent, but one of their own had returned.

Claws has been revived.

—---------------

Everyone had left the Great Hall and settled into their common rooms that night. Hogwarts however, would hold many a secret as various factions were at play throughout the castle. While some slept peacefully in their beds, others were out and about.

Lucius Malfoy knew that the Death Eaters should take advantage right off the bat. He cast a spell that would make it so many of his enemies would stay in their beds all night. PETRIFICUS TOTALUS.

Badger had been seen wandering the Great Hall before everyone started to wander in. He really loved Pumpkin Juice and he happened to see a tray sitting there without anyone near it. He quickly grabbed some and gobbled it down. Badger quickly grabbed his throat as it burned and he realized he had just had some Polyjuice Potion. But something was wrong, this didn’t feel right. Oh no…what was the catalyst in that potion?

Hermione Granger had spent most of the night in the restricted section looking for clues at what could be happening to everyone. She heard a noise and quickly dimmed her lantern and listened. Hermione saw Mazer walking into the library and decided to talk to him. The most recent book she read had a ton of information about Death Eaters so she was sure she could figure some things out.

The Marauder’s Map wriggled on a desk. It unfurled itself as the map lit up with locations of friend and foe. The Marauder’s Map took interest in Psycho specifically and watched him to see if he would leave his common room tonight.

Dumbledore knew that the situation was dire, but he could not figure out what was happening. Dumbledore stroked his beard thoughtfully and decided to spend time close to Satsu tonight, hopefully having a nice spot of tea and staying out of the thick of things while he could think.

Fred Weasley had a bag of tricks. He and his brother George dreamed of opening a joke shop and had a ton of items that they could use. Fred saw Listo walking through the corridors. Fred grabbed his Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans and chased after Listo. Fred wanted to share a snack with Listo and see if he could find out if Listo’s friends had a fascination with Death Eaters

Blind Ninja
was setting about his business in the castle after everyone went to sleep. He was intent on making sure that he was taken care of with whatever the hell was going on. As he walked passed the dungeons, he saw a flash of green light appear as a spell flew towards him. Blind Ninja heard the voice of Lord Voldemort crying out, AVADA KEDAVRA. Luckily for Blind Ninja, he had a shield around him and the spell bounced off, destroying the shield in the process. Lord Voldemort let out a curse but quickly disappeared without his advantage.

Blind Ninja ran on ahead, making mental notes on what had just transpired. What he did not see was that the floor had just been freshly waxed and there were a whole bunch of little spheres over the top of the stairs. Blind Ninja stepped on the water and slipped, sliding on the little spheres and falling over the top of the stairs. His wand flew out of his hand, as he tumbled over and over and eventually came to a stop. Blind Ninja’s head was cracked open from the fall and he was slowly bleeding out. He tried to make a plaintive cry, but was unable to be heard. Peeves materialized next to Blind Ninja and started to cackle. “Oh my! Oh my! Have a nice trip? See you next fall!” Peeves cackled and flew away as Blind Ninja finally expired.

Blind Ninja, playing as ???, the ???, has been killed.

—---------------

As everyone was settling into their seats, trying to figure out everything that occurred during the night, a purple smoke filled the room and brilliant flash of light appeared. “Xanjori, your name has been chosen. It is time for you to enter the Triwizard Tournament being held in America.” Before he could react, a bolt of lightning hit Xanjori, transporting him to places unknown.

Xanjori, playing as ???, a ??? has left the game.

—---------------

Professor Trelawney had solved the puzzle on her own and had gained an extra wish, but she did not correctly read the leaves and figure out which house would solve the puzzle.

A wish that was made by a member of the Order of the Phoenix and Hufflepuff house was granted.

A wish that was made by a member of the Order of the Phoenix and Ravenclaw house was granted.

—---------------

Professor Trelawney knew that more work had to be done. She had no time for idle chatter today. She decided to stay up in her tower and concentrate on the visions and wishes she has been receiving, letting her know everyone’s true desires.

Professor Trelawney will not be present in the Great Hall this day but she will receive the name of everyone who submits a wish today.

—---------------

It is now Day 2. Day 2 will end on Feb 12th at 8:00pm ET (GMT-5) or when majority is reached. With 23 players alive, majority is 12 votes.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Well, we should hopefully have a better idea on Mazer unless he's a Godfather. I'm not sure what happened to Badger. It's a shame they killed Blind, though, since he died so early last time and was one of the most talkative this game.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
My gut says that kill was driven by annoyance at Blind for being a stickler about activity and discussion

Which makes me look at morrison and Caito

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Or that's what they want you to think.
Well we can play the Wine in Front of Me game all day, but it's a better start than nothing since we don't have any flips yet.

The other thought is he was just one of the most talkative but also less likely to be protected

Satsu

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
Did Xan pick an auto win as a prize of solving a puzzle or what happened there?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Two targets towards Blind Ninja after last game.....is a surprising thing.

There were a lack of actions from scum in general

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
Xanjori was probably killed by Lora.

Blind Ninja was probably killed by someone salty over his push for players to speak up and do something, which suggests that scum may be hiding amongst the quieter, less active players.

Then again, that typically ends up being the case but it usually takes some persuasion for enough players to go down that route with each new game.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker

Blind Ninja was probably killed by someone salty over his push for players to speak up and do something, which suggests that scum may be hiding amongst the quieter, less active players.

Then again, that typically ends up being the case but it usually takes some persuasion for enough players to go down that route with each new game.
Is xan dead or was he commuted?
Ok, so Polyjuice potion turned Badger into an animal and he can't talk?
That's a bit on the nose

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him

Vote morrison

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I'm guessing the Polyjuice was just a restriction action and Badger can only vote and post badger-related pics

3puppies

Lost Wolf
Well shit, people really wanted Blind Ninja dead

I am not entirely sure that Blind Ninja was the intended target.

I can't tell if Badger was Lord Voldemort, or perhaps he's Peeves, but either way I have a really strong sense that he's no good.

VOTE: Badger

I understand there were shenanigans at play, so I cannot be completely sure, but I suspect that Badger's intended target was directed to BlindNinja.

I understand this makes me a target, and I cannot elaborate at the risk of roleclaiming.

llettuce

nimbdrs
Pronouns
she/her
@llettuce In all seriousness in the middle of all my day 1 shit posting. It is recommended that you get some posts in before the day phase ends and at least introduce yourself. We don't bite. Well I think most of us don't. Okay maybe I should just leave it at that.
Sorry, I've been a little lost/busy with work/scav stuff. I do not yet fully understand what is happening and also did not understand how the website worked. Reading through everything tonight and will make some posts!

Badger

Pronouns
he/him
I am not entirely sure that Blind Ninja was the intended target.

I can't tell if Badger was Lord Voldemort, or perhaps he's Peeves, but either way I have a really strong sense that he's no good.

VOTE: Badger

I understand there were shenanigans at play, so I cannot be completely sure, but I suspect that Badger's intended target was directed to BlindNinja.

I understand this makes me a target, and I cannot elaborate at the risk of roleclaiming.
1676082921121.png

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Though looking at the writeup, I'm not too sure how you would have that info

But also don't think you're the type to lie about this

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I noticed this as well, and wondered if the Alliance (purple) only has an EN kill, while the Death Eaters (red) has an odd kill ?
This is likely, though it's still odd none of them showed up to do other actions

Unless any of them that acted were blocked by Lucius

3puppies

Lost Wolf
Though looking at the writeup, I'm not too sure how you would have that info

But also don't think you're the type to lie about this

Again, I cannot role claim so I really can't say more. If Badger ultimately flips blue, I am sticking my neck out, but I firmly believe this is the best move for town.

Top Bottom