Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 2 - Wishes of Hogwarts

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
I still need to go back and re-read again, but first things that stand out is Hermoine’s action. N1 she was armed with knowledge about Death Eaters. N2 it’s Alliance. Does that mean she can only check for one or the other depending on Odd/Even night?

Did Peeves get two actions? Kill attempt on CWE plus taking Diva’s wand?

Speaking of CWE - how many bpv’s are there in this game?

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
LMAO DID U MAKE THIS MEME I was like he’s finding very specific badger pictures, I couldn’t post that yesterday

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
From reading this I have a strong suspicious that 3pups is town and I think maybe Xanjori

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
We know Lucius did a rolecop on Homely Man, but he intended to target Randolph. So Randolph isn't a Death Eater.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I still need to go back and re-read again, but first things that stand out is Hermoine’s action. N1 she was armed with knowledge about Death Eaters. N2 it’s Alliance. Does that mean she can only check for one or the other depending on Odd/Even night?

Speaking of CWE - how many bpv’s are there in this game?
That would make sense, and keep it from being too OP.

I think Void does what I usually do where any actions separated by a line of hyphens is technically not a night action. So my guess is it's either a twilight action, a predetermined day action, or something that was specifically triggered.

Knowing Void, there's probably a few BPVs lol

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I hate the lack of flips. I’m assuming it means there’s a someone with a reviver/resurrection action out there and we won’t see flips until they use their action(s).
Usually yes, but the flavor of Caito's death implies he was cannibalized, which means we won't get his flip until maybe the person who killed him dies.

I think Badger is someone who could be revived, but it's also not impossible there's a role that needs to die before we see flips. I don't think Void is being that cruel though.

Tildey

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
she/her
Usually yes, but the flavor of Caito's death implies he was cannibalized, which means we won't get his flip until maybe the person who killed him dies.

I think Badger is someone who could be revived, but it's also not impossible there's a role that needs to die before we see flips. I don't think Void is being that cruel though.
I’m unfamiliar with how the cannibal mechanic works. This would be my first time encountering it. I’ll have to look it up.

Lora

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
they/them
also, I'm of the mind that we don't have a cannibal and that it is something else that is hiding results of the victims, be it a role or maybe just the nature of the game itself. if you've read the writeups, we've had different characters kill different people and it still shows up as ????? so its unlikely that its cannibal bc it'd have to be multiple and thats more of a SK role vs mafia role + like i said, different characters.

Lora

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
they/them
Yes but catching them sucks ass
Below Deck Aesha GIF by PeacockTV

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
3pups, I'm not at having a go point, as I'm working on something right now. But looks like the 2 possibilities for Badger didn't work out.

Any thoughts that it didn't play out like you thought it should have?

Claws

Mastermind
3pups, I'm not at having a go point, as I'm working on something right now. But looks like the 2 possibilities for Badger didn't work out.

Im actually confused on his play its not like 3pup to pull weird shit

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Badger is certainly a resurrection Candidate.

I would also Blind Ninja should get strong consideration.

Nightingale

Administrator
My wonderful students, so many of you slacked in your studies yesterday- I hope you'll be more diligent going forward. Preparing for what will happen is pivotal- and to prepare you must first see!

3puppies

Lost Wolf

I think I misinterpreted because I now believe that I was blocked on N1. I didn't get a note that my action failed so I thought it had been successful, and I was excited to post info. Different mods handle things differently.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
I'll be honest, I find games with a lack of reveals to be very difficult on the basis that I tend to be a very reactionary player and deal with stuff as it comes to light. So admittedly I don't have much to say for now that wouldn't just be repeating what others have already observed from the writeup.

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
also, I'm of the mind that we don't have a cannibal and that it is something else that is hiding results of the victims, be it a role or maybe just the nature of the game itself. if you've read the writeups, we've had different characters kill different people and it still shows up as ????? so its unlikely that its cannibal bc it'd have to be multiple and thats more of a SK role vs mafia role + like i said, different characters.
Hm I’m not familiar enough with the game to really comment on any of this 🥲

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I think I misinterpreted because I now believe that I was blocked on N1. I didn't get a note that my action failed so I thought it had been successful, and I was excited to post info. Different mods handle things differently.
That's different than what I was thinking

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Right now, I think BN was likely town (at least odds are). And it looks Badger has a base chance at least.

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
Right now, I think BN was likely town (at least odds are). And it looks Badger has a base chance at least.
If I were to pick between the two I would pick ninja bc I’m tired of trying to decipher his messages but they are cute animals say least

Kareemah

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
she/her
It’s so hard to talk without claiming, please please please don’t kill me Void Overlord 😭😭😭🥲💔🫡🙏🏼

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
If anyone had a action that makes someone get double role use, please share with the class who you targetted. I want Peeves hanging by the end of the day.

Please?

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
FWIW, Potter challenged me to Rock Paper Scissors, but we drew loads of times and then I fell asleep.

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Also
Vote: Jarrod1983
His being aggressive this early off the bat is triggering all types of non-town alarms. Plus, if one of us is accused of OMGUS, I’d rather it was him. :cool:

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Regardless of his alignment, I'm still wary of those who were quick to defend Badger or give him wiggle room. If Badger was town, there would likely be scum knowing he was innocent and trying to look helpful.

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
I also still think the way he was reacting to the votes was more in line with scum Badger than town Badger

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Also
His being aggressive this early off the bat is triggering all types of non-town alarms. Plus, if one of us is accused of OMGUS, I’d rather it was him. :cool:
I think Jarrod's energy was in the right place and the fact he bothered trying to solve Badger's posts as if he was scum is something I think is more likely to come from town.

This reaction, however...

Vote: Dreyski

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Morrison being inactive is not NAI. But absolutely should hear more from him.

I couldn't overread Badger. It was memes. But the self-vote near the end, vs. The beginning or middle was something I've seen from him as scum, and didn't exactly make me feel worse.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
Also
So basically you knew I'd be coming for you and you'd like to paint the picture of me doing OMGUS to you.

Have at it.

Vote: Dreyski.

Randolph

Vanilla Townie
Pronouns
he/him
If there isn't much info, I will fall back to my usual tried and true method. Which is to vote on inactive to try to force them to be a little more active.

Vote: morrison

I am not married to this vote though.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
Also anyone voting me right now is a dam fool.

I seemed to be Mr. Popularity last night phase. I was targeted with a watch action, a vote thief action aaand a alignment cop action. Those are 100% fact and not up for interpretation.

Also, 100% fact there are 5 red scums out there but this could include traitor characters. I have zero Harry Potter knowledge so not sure if a traitor character has been mentioned in write ups.

Suck it scum.

:panic:

CWE

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him

I seemed to be Mr. Popularity last night phase. I was targeted with a watch action, a vote thief action aaand a alignment cop action. Those are 100% fact and not up for interpretation.

Also, 100% fact there are 5 red scums out there but this could include traitor characters. I have zero Harry Potter knowledge so not sure if a traitor character has been mentioned in write ups.

Suck it scum.

Unvote: jarrod
For now.

:sherlock:

PsychoSoldier

Administrator
Pronouns
he/him

Suck it scum.

Mad Eye Moody immediately came to mind as a potential traitor

Also Snape

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
Between Badger's glowing town lean of CWE and CWE coming out firing at me I don't feel great about CWE at all.

3puppies

Lost Wolf
It’s so hard to talk without claiming, please please please don’t kill me Void Overlord 😭😭😭🥲💔🫡🙏🏼

If you have information that will help town, you can share it, but you don't have to claim your role to do that. Void is the boss moderator of my internet parade. You can try running by Void what you want to post here, and he'll tell you if it comes too close to roleclaiming. But he won't tell you if you're off base in your interpretation.

As for the rest of last night's actions -

George Weasley seemed to have a commuter role?

Lucius Malfoy's investigating The Homely Man's stuff made me wonder what result came through, especially since it appears Newt Scamander bus drove The Homely Man and Randolph, causing them to scatter in opposite directions. So was Lucious investigating The Homely Man, or Randolph?

Harry Potter and Dreyski's rock paper scissors game only tells us that Dreyski is not HP. But does it clear Dreyski from other roles, other than George Weasley? If Dreyski was preoccupied, does that also mean he couldn't be Peeves?

Not sure about Albus Dumbledore , but I wondered if he had a hider role as he "found The Homely Man and decided to spend time behind him, ?

Lord Voldemort 's spell that would make it so those members of that house were more likely to sleep soundly tonight probably means some folks can't act tonight - I wonder if those players were notified that they will be roleblocked? I wonder if they won't be able to revive one of the dead but not revealed?

Severus Snape's potion about "hidden voices" intrigues me. I am suspecting that he is setting up private chats?

Peter Pettigrew seemed like a bus drive to me as well. Xanjori and me are not Scabbers's alter ego.

Dobby doc protected MTR ?

Hermione Granger
has a variation of a cop role?

Hagrid jailed Jarrod.

Argus Filch
doc protected yours truly.

Mad-Eye Moody charm on Xanjori’s back that would give Xanjori a bit of a boost this night.

The Marauder’s Map watched Jarrod, so does that mean someone knows who Hagrid is?

Grindelwald
taking out Caito by the Imperius and Incendio curse at makes me believe Caito was not purple. I also think red and purple are alternating kill nights.

Peeves having two actions makes me wonder if he had a wish granted, or maybe won a prize solving an anagram puzzle?

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
If you have information that will help town, you can share it, but you don't have to claim your role to do that. Void is the boss moderator of my internet parade. You can try running by Void what you want to post here, and he'll tell you if it comes too close to roleclaiming. But he won't tell you if you're off base in your interpretation.

Lucius Malfoy's investigating The Homely Man's stuff made me wonder what result came through, especially since it appears Newt Scamander bus drove The Homely Man and Randolph, causing them to scatter in opposite directions. So was Lucious investigating The Homely Man, or Randolph?

Harry Potter and Dreyski's rock paper scissors game only tells us that Dreyski is not HP. But does it clear Dreyski from other roles, other than George Weasley? If Dreyski was preoccupied, does that also mean he couldn't be Peeves?

Not sure about Albus Dumbledore , but I wondered if he had a hider role as he "found The Homely Man and decided to spend time behind him, ?

Lord Voldemort 's spell that would make it so those members of that house were more likely to sleep soundly tonight probably means some folks can't act tonight - I wonder if those players were notified that they will be roleblocked? I wonder if they won't be able to revive one of the dead but not revealed?

Severus Snape's potion about "hidden voices" intrigues me. I am suspecting that he is setting up private chats?

Peter Pettigrew seemed like a bus drive to me as well. Xanjori and me are not Scabbers's alter ego.

Hermione Granger

Hagrid jailed Jarrod.

Argus Filch

Mad-Eye Moody charm on Xanjori’s back that would give Xanjori a bit of a boost this night.

The Marauder’s Map watched Jarrod, so does that mean someone knows who Hagrid is?

Grindelwald
taking out Caito by the Imperius and Incendio curse at makes me believe Caito was not purple. I also think red and purple are alternating kill nights.

Peeves having two actions makes me wonder if he had a wish granted, or maybe won a prize solving an anagram puzzle?
I believe the puzzle wins are a house bonus.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Between Badger's glowing town lean of CWE and CWE coming out firing at me I don't feel great about CWE at all.
I'm leaning ok with you and CWE right now. I also like Psych ok. which always worries me. lol

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter

Hermione Granger

Hagrid jailed Jarrod.

Argus Filch

Grindelwald

100% WAS NOT jailed. I've already informed exactly what all 3 actions on me were last night.

Jarrod1983

Scum Hunter
Where do you stand on Badger right now? Lean town that was killed or scum that was killed?
I thought his posting of gifs was more trolling the thread. At one point he posted the same one like 3 or 4 times in a row I think. Maybe 3pups misinterpreted things but it still seemed like Badger was itching a lot.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
Right, thanks. What do you think about Lucious investigating you - was it directed to you or toward Randolph?

And do you have any thoughts about red and purple alternating kill days?
I have some concerns that actions have tomfoolery or not hitting normal order. Normally you would assume it would have been directed at Rando. Based on the write-up order being atypical, I don't think we can make that a 100 assumption though.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
And Red and purple alternating kills would be pretty standard in these set-ups. I never assume baseline is every night, but I think it's an appropriate prioritization.

Mazer

Spirit Breaker
I thought his posting of gifs was more trolling the thread. At one point he posted the same one like 3 or 4 times in a row I think. Maybe 3pups misinterpreted things but it still seemed like Badger was itching a lot.
I can see that. Gun to my head, I think 3pups just got something wrong. I've got a few theories on what that could have been, but nothing I feel great about. Badger being frustated in that scenario is NAI for me. But probability wise, BN is probably the most safe assumption for a kill that hurt us.

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Hermione Granger has a variation of a cop role?

If your theory is correct (and why not?) then the map should know the identity of two town characters.

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
EBWOP that should have been a reply to 3pups. Playing on a phone is starting to test my patience.

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him

Suck it scum.

100%…could include (I mentioned Snape as a potential traitor a while back)

Contradiction much?

3puppies

Lost Wolf
100% WAS NOT jailed. I've already informed exactly what all 3 actions on me were last night.

Sorry. The Marauders Map watched you. Hagrid sent the spiders after you, who wrapped you in webs. Hermione Granger cop-aligned you. Your post said you were
"Mr. Popularity last night phase. I was targeted with a watch action, a vote thief action aaand a alignment cop action. Those are 100% fact and not up for interpretation."

So Hagid is a vote thief? Not sure I saw that from the write up. But I guess it means that, unless you are a godfather, Hermione can confirm that you're blue. But does it means that the Marauder's map knows who Hermione Granger is?

As for Badger's action with the GIF post restriction, I didn't feel great, especially with his multiple "Come at me" posts. And I didn't understand how the post restriction went through if there was a mass role block.

Claws

Mastermind
Sorry. The Marauders Map watched you. Hagrid sent the spiders after you, who wrapped you in webs. Hermione Granger cop-aligned you. Your post said you were
"Mr. Popularity last night phase. I was targeted with a watch action, a vote thief action aaand a alignment cop action. Those are 100% fact and not up for interpretation."

So Hagid is a vote thief? Not sure I saw that from the write up. But I guess it means that, unless you are a godfather, Hermione can confirm that you're blue. But does it means that the Marauder's map knows who Hermione Granger is?

As for Badger's action with the GIF post restriction, I didn't feel great, especially with his multiple "Come at me" posts. And I didn't understand how the post restriction went through if there was a mass role block.
Im not understanding where you read mass rb ?

Dreyski

Lost Wolf
Pronouns
he/him
Check Tildey’s post #901 for more info about Hermoine’s night action. She will know if Jarrod is in the alliance, not whether he’s a Death Eater.

As for Badger's action with the GIF post restriction, I didn't feel great, especially with his multiple "Come at me" posts. And I didn't understand how the post restriction went through if there was a mass role block
As stated earlier, it may have been a block targeted at one faction, or one house. We don’t have the particulars yet.

Claws

Mastermind
Check Tildey’s post #901 for more info about Hermoine’s night action. She will know if Jarrod is in the alliance, not whether he’s a Death Eater.

As stated earlier, it may have been a block targeted at one faction, or one house. We don’t have the particulars yet.
Im thinking so as i was not blocked so you have me confused

Top Bottom