Fingers of Suspicion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia 6 - Heart of the Cards

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
I don't really feel great about the way Matthieu hopped on the Future vote tbh
How so? I'm curious to see where it leads. Windward and Rock are both very 'brash', I suppose. I thought it was very interesting that they happened to align with the same target. It's a good way to either condemn them both if Future flips town or alleviate concerns about potential scum slips/backtracking if he flips scum.

GrumpyCat

Scum Hunter
Pronouns
he/him
I'm decent at reading him.

I think he's very likely to be town. As GC stated, he's been targeted N1 two games in a row. A vigilante/JOAT going after him would be strange, especially with players who didn't show up at all.
He was killed by Exodia that is some yellow asshole for doing that. Either not MMOC player or unaweare of previous games. or whatever what do i know.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
I agree with the concerns around ressing Val when we had someone clearly murdered by scum.
...but I just explained my reasoning for Val in a recent post. :shrug:

I'm confident reading Val, less so at reading MTR. I think it's likely that both were targeted by scum and we seemingly have two malicious sources of kills - namely red and yellow - so I don't really see what the big deal is.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him

I'm confident reading Val, less so at reading MTR. I think it's likely that both were targeted by scum and we seemingly have two malicious sources of kills - namely red and yellow - so I don't really see what the big deal is.
Because a red kill has a higher chance of hitting a green poster while a yellow kill is (probably) completely blind.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him

And you being able to read Val is great and all, but if we have to then use an action to kill or yeet him later in the game cos it turns out he is red thats still not beneficial.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
And you being able to read Val is great and all, but if we have to then use an action to kill or yeet him later in the game cos it turns out he is red thats still not beneficial.
I don't think he's red and we can safely rule him out as being yellow. I also dislike it when the same player is targeted two games in a row, since that makes it even less likely for someone to be inclined to contribute.

3puppies

Lost Wolf
Is this a real thought?

If so it will be obvious when a new character acts tomorrow that didnt act tonight

This is a void run game, so I fully expect there to be a lot, probably at least 10 more characters acting tonight that did not appear in N1 writeup. Giving lots of people multiple characters makes it harder for spreadsheeters.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I don't think he's red and we can safely rule him out as being yellow. I also dislike it when the same player is targeted two games in a row, since that makes it even less likely for someone to be inclined to contribute.
I also dont agree here. I dont think Exodia is linked to team rocket, I think its a solo SK.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
As for Windward, 'lol sry was drunk' has historically been a valid way to disguise accidentally messing up. Not saying it's definite, just something I've been pondering as a possibility.

Source: The healer in my raid group pretends to be drunk when he messes up mechanics. :cheers:

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
The one thing Id defend Matt with is I think he'd really believe in his ability to read Val and thats why he'd go for it and defend it. I also think its rather an overly large risk if we get flips/reveals that blatantly asking for a scum buddy to be ressed in front of the thread could have some consequences.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
Unvote: Future
Vote: Rock

i can vote for you though

lul
lol
lmao
haha
hehe
hohoho
heh...nothin' personal kid...

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
He already explained his reasoning for picking the number, because he killed me during the previous game...and since he was willing to do that, it's safe to say that he wasn't the one to kill Val since he'd also pay attention to who else perished early during the previous game.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
All of this - at least on Rock's part - just seems like deflection, though. I do think Future is likely to be town, though. Maybe the fact that I explicitly pointed out that if Future flips town, we could go after Windward and Rock is precisely what triggered this.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Also I think I TR Rock more for this whole thing, like he genuinely got frustrated with Matt and wanted to vote someone completely immune, that doesnt feel like scum play.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
No, it's a vicious and cruel attack that must be stopped!

Attachments

• Castle 2.png
    Castle 2.png
    827.5 KB · Views: 2

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I wish for 4 players to be chosen at random and entered into a private chat, one of the random players must belong to Kaiba Corp. The players will choose to vote out one of the others and that person will be eliminated as if they were voted out from the game.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 2 Vote Count:

Morrison - 3 (Blind Ninja #726, Psycho #733)
Blind Ninja - 2 (Rock #860, Xanjori #923)
Cape90 - 2 (CWE #751, 3puppies #788)
Psycho - 1 (Crackle #641)
FutureHold - 1 (Windward #856)
Rock - 1 (Matthieu #922)

Not Voting: Cape90, Claws, DivaSmurf, FutureHold, Kareemah, Listo95, Llettuce, Mazer, Morrison, Nightingale, Tildey, GrumpyCat #869

Current Modified Majority: 6

It is now Day 2. Day 2 will end on Aug 16th at 8:00pm ET or when majority is reached. With 21 players alive, majority is 11 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by end of day, modified majority comes into play. If modified majority is not reached, there will be no elimination.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
You're not suspicious of Blind Ninja at all?
Not particularly, no. He's playing much as I would expect him to as town and the simple fact that he cast a vote for me after working out how the secondary D1 mechanic worked served to draw attention to him - something I really don't see him doing as scum.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Like as someone that got 6 wishes granted in the Harry Potter game its about knowing your host. Theyre never going to grant boring kill wishes, you gotta make it interesting and put something on the table they view as fun for us and them.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
Xanjori is very likely to be town for pointing that out. No real benefit to scum to encourage town to make constructive wishes.

Claws

Mastermind
So psycho has 2 votes? Thats generally vote manipluation and 9 times outta 10 its a scum trait

Claws

Mastermind
Tin Foil Tinfoil Hat GIF

Day 2 Event

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Meowth was upset. He may be the mascot of Team Rocket, but he didn’t appreciate the miscarriage of justice that happened overnight and would do everything in his power to fix it. Luckily, Meowth had recently stole from visited a PokeMart and had a Revive handy. He sprinkled the revive into the air and spoke some words in a language no one understood. Meowth’s eyes started to glow as he communed with the afterlife to bring someone back to us.

Meowth collapsed to the ground and started to lick his paw. “It is done. They will be back at the end of the day.”

Blind Ninja

Vigilante
I have a hard time understanding how mat, grumpy and ninja can still think im scum
you are dense... and claim I dont read your shit.

Read what ive posted. I said you are completely cleared as town. Scum have, can and often do roles like RB on themselves. Sure vanilla is a bit extra, but depending on the scum roles, not unheard of. Also said you are not someone id be willing to go. I think everyone can be scum, except for MTR who was killed by scum.

VoidKitten

Dr. Voidiarty
Pronouns
he/him
Day 2 Vote Count:

Morrison - 3 (Blind Ninja #726, Psycho #733)
Blind Ninja - 2 (Rock #860, Xanjori #923)
Cape90 - 2 (CWE #751, 3puppies #788)
Psycho - 1 (Crackle #641)
FutureHold - 1 (Windward #856)
Rock - 1 (Matthieu #922)
Xanjori - 1 (Claws #950

Not Voting: Cape90, DivaSmurf, FutureHold, Kareemah, Listo95, Llettuce, Mazer, Morrison, Nightingale, Tildey, GrumpyCat #869

Current Modified Majority: 6

It is now Day 2. Day 2 will end on Aug 16th at 8:00pm ET or when majority is reached. With 21 players alive, majority is 11 votes on a single player. If majority is not reached by end of day, modified majority comes into play. If modified majority is not reached, there will be no elimination.

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
Meowth was upset. He may be the mascot of Team Rocket, but he didn’t appreciate the miscarriage of justice that happened overnight and would do everything in his power to fix it. Luckily, Meowth had recently stole from visited a PokeMart and had a Revive handy. He sprinkled the revive into the air and spoke some words in a language no one understood. Meowth’s eyes started to glow as he communed with the afterlife to bring someone back to us.

Meowth collapsed to the ground and started to lick his paw. “It is done. They will be back at the end of the day.”
Awesome!

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
I think? Unless it's someone else. Either way, I've already outlined how I suspect both N1 deaths to be town players so...

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
Eh maybe Im misreading it and Meowth isnt ressing a Rocket member, but seems odd the mascot would be impartial.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I dont think a game like this would ever become mountainous. But you know its a pretty funny wish

Claws

Mastermind
Im kinda confused on meowth id be tempted to relynch the res guy just cuz

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
Eh maybe Im misreading it and Meowth isnt ressing a Rocket member, but seems odd the mascot would be impartial.
I read it as purely being flavour text. Ultimately Val was killed by yellow so I find it unlikely that Val, himself, is a yellow aligned player.

The chance of there being shenanigans at play is never something that can be fully cast aside, of course, though having reread the thread even back on D1 some people seemed strangely eager to try and yeet Val towards the end of D1. Even when there were multiple outright no shows.

Xanjori

Vigilante
Pronouns
he/him
I read it as purely being flavour text. Ultimately Val was killed by yellow so I find it unlikely that Val, himself, is a yellow aligned player.

The chance of there being shenanigans at play is never something that can be fully cast aside, of course, though having reread the thread even back on D1 some people seemed strangely eager to try and yeet Val towards the end of D1. Even when there were multiple outright no shows.
I do keep explaining to you that I dont think Exodia and Team Rocket are aligned. Exodia is a SK and Team Rocket is a 2-4 man team?

Matthieu

Scum Hunter
I do keep explaining to you that I dont think Exodia and Team Rocket are aligned. Exodia is a SK and Team Rocket is a 2-4 man team?
Surely if they weren't aligned it'd make more sense to just use different colours to signify that they're separate entities?

Top Bottom